VC 1.19

Chickadee (4) [L-3]: Desperado, SnarkySnowman, boring, GuiltyLion
GinghamDog (3) [L-4]: Creature, massive, Javajoe24
SnarkySnowman (2) [L-5]: GinghamDog, TheBrie
Desperado (1) [L-6]: podoboq
Javajoe24 (1) [L-6]: Almost50

Not Voting (2): Chickadee, Rautherdir

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Day 1 deadline in (expired on 2017-05-19 12:33:03).
SnarkySnowman
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2017 5:44 am

Post by SnarkySnowman »

Okay catchup time.

Chickadee:
8, kinda like the "congratulating the doctor" tell to me.
56, doesn't want a naked vote out there. Strikes me as odd given it's RVS
Scum through 5
136, can't tell if missing the point or ignoring it... missing more like?
173, your readlist actually reads mostly town to me. Green reads I like. Me and java being different reads by two degrees is a stretch (I don't believe it). Want to look at desp but I think he's null to me thus far (hasn't stuck out yet, like java)
nulltown through 7

Creature:
82, not RVS since post 23?? hm...
Generally town through page 6 though
390, disagree. Javajoe is out of nowhere, and massive pinged me a bit on that GD wagon out of nowhere.

podo:
83, stretch..
92, okay, better
Null through 6
137 opportunistic af
169 pings the fuck out of me but I can't quite put my finger on why. This would be my vote at this point though.
174, well, i dunno. I can see town or scum here. I hope he gets pressured in the next few pages.
312, good post. I don't think desp/podo can be same alignment

a50:
96, either a stretch or like wow captain obvious. also rolefishing a bit?
Scum through 6
156 thanks for the scumclaim
317, *blinks repeatedly* vig jesters, don't lynch. this whole post, like a number of others from you, is pretty garbage.
356 is shit. So quick to fall off and assume town desp after being on the wagon. doesn't sit well

boring:
109, sheeping me? hrm................. :roll:
Nullscum through 6
316 pings hard. "y'all better not lynch desp" is what it reads.
319 a little better. metadive. still reads to me like boring doesn't want desp lynched, and not because he's town
398 is a pretty town post

Brie:
Scum through 6
226 could be a town or scum role, but I think it might be useful/telling for a number of things down the road. Putting this one on hold.

GuiltyLion:
Town through 6
138-140 townposting
397, pings as splitting hairs

GD:
125 is pretty townie
196-197 still pretty town but not having a scumread at this point pings me a bit.
330 doesn't sit well with me (has not really commented on the desp wagon yet)

Rauth:
133, I wouldn't call it a townslip. More like a "didn't read the opening post" slip

massive:
161, pretty townie but I think a little strong against chicka, even though I still scumread her here.

Desp:
180, okay I kinda see why chickadee marked you as red
184, not reading. I agree with the red read.
306, yeah you should comment
326, the claim. that sounded OP as shit till I read what CPR does. Don't see it on the list of possible roles but believable I guess. I'd be fine lynching this claim tbh
363, on who?
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2017 5:57 am

Post by Rautherdir »

You would have had access to the scum chat if you were scum. Which would have most definitely clued you in that it was a night start. Therefore, it was a town slip as only town would legitimately do that.

Also Desperado, if the person who received the CPR training is scum, they could just kill you to prevent themselves from being outed. Or scum could just kill you anyways to prevent a somewhat decent ability from getting around.
SnarkySnowman
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2017 6:06 am

Post by SnarkySnowman »

And a readlist:

massive: pretty townie overall. hasn't done a whole lot though.

Creature: Not a lot of big posts, but I get what he's going for and strong gut feel this is town.

Guilty: Was townposting pretty much all day, but was quick to give up on the desp wagon to split hairs over the chicka wagon. I'm wary, but this is a townread.

GD: Was very townie early on, but not having any scumreads and largely ignoring the desp wagon sits really badly with me.

Chickadee: Despite the bad / selfish play, I actually think this is town. I'm going to steal her color-coded read thing and do that here.

boring: has pinged both townie and scum. Null for now. Seems to have info about desp we don't. A good explanation for it could move this to a townread.
Rauth: I have noticed little to nothing from this one.
Javajoe: not a clue. needs more activity.

podo: leaning scum. Has had some good posts that make me think he could be town. Pretty sure he can't be the same alignment as desp.
a50: bad play, scumclaim jokes, overreacting, picking at the wrong things.. sounds like typical a50. Scumlean, but for a lot of other people this would be deathtunnel territory.
Brie: reads scum, but this will sort itself out with time given the ability.

desp: Scum as shit. The claim I guess is believable, and can be confirmed after used twice and people say "yea I got it" but I don't know. It's also not a wildly useful role I feel.

If I missed anyone they're null and I don't remember what they've said/done so far
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2017 7:01 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 403, SnarkySnowman wrote:And a readlist:

massive: pretty townie overall. hasn't done a whole lot though.

Creature: Not a lot of big posts, but I get what he's going for and strong gut feel this is town.

Guilty: Was townposting pretty much all day, but was quick to give up on the desp wagon to split hairs over the chicka wagon. I'm wary, but this is a townread.

GD: Was very townie early on, but not having any scumreads and largely ignoring the desp wagon sits really badly with me.

Chickadee: Despite the bad / selfish play, I actually think this is town. I'm going to steal her color-coded read thing and do that here.

boring: has pinged both townie and scum. Null for now. Seems to have info about desp we don't. A good explanation for it could move this to a townread.
Rauth: I have noticed little to nothing from this one.
Javajoe: not a clue. needs more activity.

podo: leaning scum. Has had some good posts that make me think he could be town. Pretty sure he can't be the same alignment as desp.
a50: bad play, scumclaim jokes, overreacting, picking at the wrong things.. sounds like typical a50. Scumlean, but for a lot of other people this would be deathtunnel territory.
Brie: reads scum, but this will sort itself out with time given the ability.

desp: Scum as shit. The claim I guess is believable, and can be confirmed after used twice and people say "yea I got it" but I don't know. It's also not a wildly useful role I feel.

If I missed anyone they're null and I don't remember what they've said/done so far
This looks like the most fake read list that I have ever seen. Bonus town points for anyone who picks a reason or two this is the case.

VOTE: SS

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
SnarkySnowman
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2017 7:03 am

Post by SnarkySnowman »

Alright VOTE: a50

Tell me one thing that sounds fake huh? One thing you disagree with? Or do you just wanna shoot someone down because your scumread?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2017 7:08 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 405, SnarkySnowman wrote:Alright VOTE: a50

Tell me one thing that sounds fake huh? One thing you disagree with? Or do you just wanna shoot someone down because your scumread?
I'll tell you when everybody else has weighed in. You're going down for this, I promise.

SnarkySnowman
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2017 7:13 am

Post by SnarkySnowman »

funniest shit I've read all day
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2017 7:19 am

Post by Almost50 »

We'll see. You basically scum claimed in that read list, but I'll let you dig your own grave even further. Just watch.

SnarkySnowman
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2017 7:25 am

Post by SnarkySnowman »

I mean, it's okay, you can just wait for someone else to make an original thought and then copy off them. That will make you look town :)
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2017 7:42 am

Post by Almost50 »

OK.. so nobody's online to respond? I'll just go ahead and make my case then:

Let's start with the fact he's stating a Town Lean on Chicka and still voting her. Then the fact his strongest SR is on Desp and he is voting WITH him.

Then, the strongest Town read on the guy with the least posts (tied with Rautherdir @14 posts at that time)? And “I have noticed little to nothing from this one.” on Rauther? Just ISO the two together and tell me how you get a STRONG TR on one and a NULL on the other for basically doing the same thing.

Back to SR on Desp, when he also says the claim is believable. Mechanically speaking, if Desp is Scum then he MUST be fake claiming. Otherwise, the game is broken because scum!Desp can just pass his ability to his scum team and have 3 kills a night starting N1. It's either or and there's no inbetween.

Shall I go on? Nah. I think I made my point abunduntly clear.

Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2017 7:46 am

Post by Creature »

I won't understand Desp's role well until I see somewhere how that role works (if it is somewhere).
Sigh
Javajoe24
Javajoe24
Mafia Scum
Javajoe24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2017 7:57 am

Post by Javajoe24 »

A50 has a point SS, why are you voting a town read and voting with your strongest scum read, that makes no sense. Thank you A50 for pointing that out, I wouldn't have noticed.

VOTE: SS
SnarkySnowman
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2017 7:59 am

Post by SnarkySnowman »

I voted chicka in post 106, because of post 56 or something like that. Then I've been inactive / catchup mode since. Sorry, but that's weak.

Strong, not strongest, townread on massive. I haven't seen anything from him I don't like, and some gut to go with it. Rauth has been inconsequential to me in that after reading the game I don't remember any of his posts other than the townslip one.

That role (CPR instructor) can just as easily be scum, having that turn into 3 or 4 cpr people hurts town more than it helps too. It's possible to believe his claim and also think he's scum simultaneously. It's not on the list of roles, so who says that has to be a town role? Who says that if it is a town role, that it's more helpful to town than scum? Going by his play, he's so fucking scummy.

Still waiting to hear what that scumclaim you're talking about was.
GinghamDog
GinghamDog
Goon
GinghamDog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2017 8:08 am

Post by GinghamDog »

In post 413, SnarkySnowman wrote: Strong, not strongest, townread on massive. I haven't seen anything from him I don't like, and some gut to go with it.
You liked how he wanted to pile on my wagon but wanted someone else to start it? And having a weak reason for scum reading me on top of that?
GinghamDog
GinghamDog
Goon
GinghamDog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2017 8:10 am

Post by GinghamDog »

In post 383, massive wrote:If someone wanted to start on GinghamDog I could pile on that, she's been just gritting at the fringes of all these wagons without getting involved.
I've already shared my thoughts on the two main wagons in the game and why I'm not voting on them. Don't misrep me. And if you really felt this way, why not start the wagon yourself?
Javajoe24
Javajoe24
Mafia Scum
Javajoe24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2017 8:14 am

Post by Javajoe24 »

In post 413, SnarkySnowman wrote:I voted chicka in post 106, because of post 56 or something like that. Then I've been inactive / catchup mode since. Sorry, but that's weak.

Strong, not strongest, townread on massive. I haven't seen anything from him I don't like, and some gut to go with it. Rauth has been inconsequential to me in that after reading the game I don't remember any of his posts other than the townslip one.

That role (CPR instructor) can just as easily be scum, having that turn into 3 or 4 cpr people hurts town more than it helps too. It's possible to believe his claim and also think he's scum simultaneously. It's not on the list of roles, so who says that has to be a town role? Who says that if it is a town role, that it's more helpful to town than scum? Going by his play, he's so fucking scummy.

Still waiting to hear what that scumclaim you're talking about was.
This post is complete bs.

First of all, if you are claiming you are voting a town read because you voted him earlier for reasons you can't even remember, then went inactive, then you have had 2 posts now at least to fix that problem but have chosen not to.

Secondly, the cpr role not being on the role list given by the mod means nothing, that list is not all inclusive as I know for a fact because my own role is not listed on that list.

I also fail to understand how making more people confirmed cpr roles would hurt town? There are two benefits from my current understanding, first you are confirming a town role thus eliminating the potential pool for scum, and secondly, you are adding another protective role to town making it harder for scum to kill a townie.

SS is scum confirmed to me at this point
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2017 8:25 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 413, SnarkySnowman wrote:Still waiting to hear what that scumclaim you're talking about was.
The scum claim IS that you seem to have pulled that read list out of thin air. It makes no sense at all, and I know you have better reads when you're Town.

And a scum role?? It certainly canNOT be, and I've explained why. It makes no sense to give scum 3 NKs starting N1 (Desp+his lonely disciple both target one player each while the 3rd scum performs the factional kill).

It could be argued that Desp might be the 3P here, but his role would be overpowered AND he played it bad. Since he canNot be group Scum he is likely to be the Scum NK, which means he would be counting on his disciple to protect him tonight, but then scum may decide this to be the case and shoot somewhere else and then his disciple would kill him instead (i.e. it's a WIFOMy situation as hell).

Then again, if he was 3P then why didn't he use his ability to kill someone on N0? That also points to Desp being Town.

So, the ONLY reason you might have still scum read him for is if you thought he was faking, but you didn't. You said the claim could be legit. Legit claim = Town!Desp anyway you slice it. You can't tell me scum started the game with 2 kills and didn't use either of them.

GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2017 9:09 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 410, Almost50 wrote:OK.. so nobody's online to respond? I'll just go ahead and make my case then:

Let's start with the fact he's stating a Town Lean on Chicka and still voting her. Then the fact his strongest SR is on Desp and he is voting WITH him.

Then, the strongest Town read on the guy with the least posts (tied with Rautherdir @14 posts at that time)? And “I have noticed little to nothing from this one.” on Rauther? Just ISO the two together and tell me how you get a STRONG TR on one and a NULL on the other for basically doing the same thing.

Back to SR on Desp, when he also says the claim is believable. Mechanically speaking, if Desp is Scum then he MUST be fake claiming. Otherwise, the game is broken because scum!Desp can just pass his ability to his scum team and have 3 kills a night starting N1. It's either or and there's no inbetween.

Shall I go on? Nah. I think I made my point abunduntly clear.
m e h

like I agree all this stuff about Snarky's readslist is bad, but would he be so careless as scum? I feel scum are usually looking to project consistently and are hyperaware about whether their reads look fake or not
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
SnarkySnowman
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2017 9:18 am

Post by SnarkySnowman »

holy misrep
In post 416, Javajoe24 wrote: First of all, if you are claiming you are voting a town read because you voted him earlier for reasons you can't even remember, then went inactive, then you have had 2 posts now at least to fix that problem but have chosen not to.
1. I am not claiming to have voted a townread. I voted chicka when I scumread chicka. Now I townread chicka, and have fixed that "problem".
In post 416, Javajoe24 wrote:Secondly, the cpr role not being on the role list given by the mod means nothing, that list is not all inclusive as I know for a fact because my own role is not listed on that list.
2. It means something, but not a whole lot. I never said that it was the end-all be all.
In post 416, Javajoe24 wrote:I also fail to understand how making more people confirmed cpr roles would hurt town? There are two benefits from my current understanding, first you are confirming a town role thus eliminating the potential pool for scum, and secondly, you are adding another protective role to town making it harder for scum to kill a townie.
You clearly don't understand what it does.

CPR is like a doctor, except if it doesn't prevent a kill, it kills the person targeted for protection. So, an instructor would give people an added ability of being a CPR doctor, aka, a likely kill, not a save. Adds a lot more opportunity for things to go wrong for town, especially at a critical juncture.
In post 416, Javajoe24 wrote:SS is scum confirmed to me at this point
Because you suck at reading? Aight
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2017 10:23 am

Post by Rautherdir »

In post 419, SnarkySnowman wrote:
In post 416, Javajoe24 wrote:I also fail to understand how making more people confirmed cpr roles would hurt town? There are two benefits from my current understanding, first you are confirming a town role thus eliminating the potential pool for scum, and secondly, you are adding another protective role to town making it harder for scum to kill a townie.
You clearly don't understand what it does.

CPR is like a doctor, except if it doesn't prevent a kill, it kills the person targeted for protection. So, an instructor would give people an added ability of being a CPR doctor, aka, a likely kill, not a save. Adds a lot more opportunity for things to go wrong for town, especially at a critical juncture.
Which is exactly why the role is most certainly
not
going to be given to an anti-town faction. VOTE: SnarkySnowman
SnarkySnowman
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2017 10:48 am

Post by SnarkySnowman »

I don't fucking know. I don't think the claim is something we care about lynching. Everyone is going to claim something given this is role madness, are we going to not lynch anyone because they're a special snowflake role like that? Excuse me for thinking that the role isn't exactly one to be like "OH JEEZ WE CANT LYNCH THIS"
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2017 10:50 am

Post by Rautherdir »

Treat Desperado as being confirmed in his role.
SnarkySnowman
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2017 10:54 am

Post by SnarkySnowman »

Why, how can I do that? What has confirmed his role?
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2017 11:18 am

Post by eagerSnake »

VC 1.20

SnarkySnowman (5) [L-2]: GinghamDog, TheBrie, Almost50, Javajoe24, Rautherdir
Chickadee (3) [L-4]: Desperado, boring, GuiltyLion
GinghamDog (2) [L-5]: Creature, massive
Desperado (1) [L-6]: podoboq
Almost50 (1) [L-6]: SnarkySnowman

Not Voting (1): Chickadee

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Day 1 deadline in (expired on 2017-05-19 12:33:03).

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”