~ Desperado
Kelvin Smith (1)
~ Infinity 324

Not voting (4)
~
Leonshade
, Kelvin Smith, Aristophanes, Tammy

With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch.
Day 2 deadline is in (expired on 2017-05-25 18:15:00).

FLAVORSomewhere nearby there is a cello playing, accompanied by clarinet and bassoon. The cello moves into recitative, and nancy glides across the intersection. Her phone hums silently as she passes under the building where she and her first girlfriend used to live, a small flat with a bedroom that always caught the afternoon sun in such a way to divide the room into two neat halves, one shimmering with thousandfold delight and the other cold and withdrawn.
Last edited by nancy on Sun May 21, 2017 7:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3001 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2017 2:06 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 2998, Infinity 324 wrote:Don't you dare scumread these: nacho, tammy, ari, desp
There's a chance these are scum but doubtful: SAD, titus, gin
Idk: fire, leon
Scum: kelvin

Gin talk to me about titus please.
I dare to scumread desperado.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3002 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2017 2:08 pm

Post by TheRealGin-N-Tonic »

Infinity, read EOD D1
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
"Gin, you are so charismatic it's scary." -nancy
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3003 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2017 2:09 pm

In post 2272, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:If anyone hammers before the 7th real life day of day 1 I'm death tunneling you.
Start from this post
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3004 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2017 2:10 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 3003, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:
In post 2272, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:If anyone hammers before the 7th real life day of day 1 I'm death tunneling you.
Start from this post
I'm still 400 posts back from that!

*Cries*

*dies a little inside*
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #3005 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2017 2:19 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

I'll get to that part gin I guess. I'd rather just read it having all the context.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3006 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2017 2:20 pm

Alrighty
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3007 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2017 2:23 pm

Post by Tammy »

Infinity I'm busy elsewhere and in the midst of grading finals and getting final grades submitted. I'll be happy to talk about my reads, though I think I've been pretty open with my thoughts throughout the game, when that is done. I might not really have a chance to do anything that isn't just quick comment though until Monday.
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #3008 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2017 2:39 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

I'm skipping Boon's posts from here on out. All he does is whine and call Fire and I scum, and I have better thing to read.
Oh lol, I just got to skip 2 pages and now SAD is here!
Timing is a funny thing!

Spoiler: @Hikari
In post 1791, Hikari Link wrote:Boon seems like he misrepped the fuck out of Firebringer. A lot. And he kept saying Firebringer was scum with such confidence so many times. Plus, his constant referring to himself as confirmed town bothers me. That absolutism doesn't sit well with me.

As for Firebringer, his relative uselessness for the whole time and his willingness to permavote Boon, even when he admitted Boon was probably town, is super suspect.

Though it did get heated. Like, really heated, regardless of what either party said, there was some heat there. It honestly didn't help me read either and it killed my motivation to read the game for several days. Boon definitely looked the worse of the two, but that's probably because I have much lower expectations of Firebringer at this point, based on his current contributions. I hear he picks up after Day 1 though, so I'll be expecting more from him if he sticks around before I make any further judgments on his usefulness.

Ultimately, I'm unsure on both, but Boon looks scummier. Somebody present a case why he's not scummy, because I don't see how he's the towniest town that ever towned.

@Firebringer:
After this game is over, there's something I want to ask you about your playstyle. I'll try to remember, but please try too, cause I'm forgetful. Hopefully, one of us will remember.

Now I really should do my homework. Get back to it later. Maybe nit until tomorrow, because there is a lot of ground to cover.
This was a lot of words that say essentially nothing. Also I find it weird that people are looking at Boon v Fire but not Boon v Ari or Ari/Fire interactions from that point in the game. I'm not saying I should be easily read from it, but to come up with "Fire and Boon are both null from it" is easy, and it kinda snapshoots it while awkwardly cropping me out of the picture.
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3009 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2017 2:47 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 1026, Hikari Link wrote:What parts of implosion's read do not make sense to you?

What about Nacho/Tammy/implosion's interactions don't make sense? Is it based on your experience with them or is it something more?

Same question for Alisae/Aristophanes.

Can you clarify these things further based on your
current
perspective though? I can't understand the reasons for your perspective if you don't explain them. Even if you feel you've explained them in the past, could you please reiterate them? I want to know if anything has changed. There's a couple things from you that bothered me so far and I want to see if any of them have changed.
Here it is again

It's just so many words that feel like they're only there to say "hey I'm scumhunting"

PEdit: holy shit you're right. and the reads themselves are just not genuine attempts to consider alignment.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3010 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2017 2:51 pm

Post by Tammy »

Though I think you're doing the lord's work on Hikari. I think they've made a couple really townie posts, but on the whole it's tonally decent and theory-isn stuff that sounds good. Outside of that I find no real drive to solve the game.

I was hoping once day opened, I'd see it if there, but I really haven't yet.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3011 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2017 2:53 pm

Post by Desperado »

In post 2964, Nachomamma8 wrote:Although would like to hear why Desperado is suddenly ~lock scum~ after his entrance (which was underwhelming but I didn't think it was a real reason to scumread him).

My first priority here is making a big post to SAD, but it's unfortunate that he was the vig - really hoping we'd be able to clear someone other than my second strongest townread.
don't think the reads have anything to do with me

also don't think what I've done would be considered an entrance.
;)
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3012 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2017 2:54 pm

Post by Desperado »

In post 2968, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 2964, Nachomamma8 wrote:Although would like to hear why Desperado is suddenly ~lock scum~ after his entrance (which was underwhelming but I didn't think it was a real reason to scumread him).
Not sure about the other people on that wagon but I'm 100% for it because of Alisae's play and the fact I was scumreading him. Desperado just hasn't done anything to change my opinion on that slot (well... he hasn't done anything period. Which is rather strange for Desperado as the two most recent games with him he was very opinionated and pompous).
In post 2964, Nachomamma8 wrote:My first priority here is making a big post to SAD, but it's unfortunate that he was the vig - really hoping we'd be able to clear someone other than my second strongest townread.
Oh how fickle rng can be. But I don't think it's gonna matter much in the long run.
I suppose I could make some shit up and project these characteristics but that would take effort and I'd have to at least skimmed some of this game that I haven't even attempted to start reading yet
;)
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #3013 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2017 2:54 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Spoiler: @SAD
In post 1845, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:Ari's reaction to the pages are the same way.

It's the same thing I pull off when I'm scum, I'm really just not interested in reading a lot of pages so it's easier for me to just complain about the amount of pages or how dense the game is and then ask people to interact with me. It's easier to hide in interaction than it is to go through a bunch of posts and commit to hard reads as scum, whereas a townie is delighted to have that much game content to sit down and go through to figure out the scum.

It's not even about the AMOUNT there is. You can sit down and read 10 pages. Or 20. Or however much you have time for. But the point is there's JUICY CONTENT there. Scum just don't care to read it whatsoever.

Pedit: Yeah but it looked like you were frustrated with Alisae's reasoning for voting Titus but then you jumped on the wagon?
I want to respond to this without beating a dead cat, but I don't know how to. I am currently catching up, but I have limited time to do so most days. I am trying to comment on the density of the game without complaining about it when I make those posts, I think it's awesome that people are posting so much, it just makes it extremely hard for me to keep up with. Heck, this stance is in my fucking Wiki!
Ari's Wiki wrote:I've found that Minis are my game size of choice, mostly because I tend to fall a bit behind and catching up on larger games can, quite frankly, be a bitch.
I cancelled 2 separate plans to be here today because i really want to make an effort this game! I could be marathoning Mad Max and getting drunk, but I love you people and made this a priority!

So here's my question I guess. Has my catching up changed your read any? If not, what about my catchup makes me appear to be scum still? If so, to what degree, and how does it effect your other reads?

Spoiler: ♥
- Jingle
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3014 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2017 3:16 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Ari is super lock town. I've been wrong on probably 1 lock town read in my mafia career
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3015 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2017 3:18 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Is it within gin's scum range/scum arsenal to lay low and pretend to be scumhunting in his own weird ways?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3016 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2017 3:21 pm

In post 3015, Infinity 324 wrote:Is it within gin's scum range/scum arsenal to lay low and pretend to be scumhunting in his own weird ways?
*coughs* you'll notice when reading
In post 2883, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:So today is a good day
Spoiler:
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3017 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2017 3:22 pm

Also, regarding play style, I think it can relate to the Accounting Mafia style of play
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #3018 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2017 3:22 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

I dig Fro99er's push on Keyser. I was thinking he looked off but it's been a while since I've played with him. To have someone else confirm that makes me a little more sure of it!
In post 1950, Titus wrote:
In post 1948, Tammy wrote:Titus when did you start scum reading Aristophanes?
Since his post saying on the ball Titus is scum Titus.
Was I wrong?
I mean, maybe that was a little mean, and I apologize! I just mean that in earlygame you have your shit together so much more as scum than as town, or at least so I seem to remember. You're a good player either way, but the moon is your friend way more in your towngames. I look forward to VCA Titus, because that's a damn good one and helps me sort things an awful lot! <3
In post 1955, Tammy wrote:On Aristophanes I thought he was making a joke, you know how people often say that crazy titus is town titus, but if titus makes sense she's scum. considering he was saying he was going to sheep you, it didn't look like shade. (This is a person I'm slightly better than null on, I'm open to hearing suspicions.
Also this. Though I wouldn't say it was fully a joke, it was said light heartedly! There was no ill intent nor any shade meant!
Meh, I should just move on.

Also, gonna stop responding to SAD saying I'm scum and that I have to be here because that's gonna get old really fast lol
- Jingle
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3019 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2017 3:26 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 0, nancy wrote:Keyser Söze, Vanilla Townie ~ Lynched Day 1
Sorry to burst your bubble ari, but...
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #3020 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2017 3:31 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 3019, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 0, nancy wrote:Keyser Söze, Vanilla Townie ~ Lynched Day 1
Sorry to burst your bubble ari, but...
Oh shit!
I read that when it happened and forgot.

Too much info going into my head about this game all at once!

On the plus side, I'm at page 80, so I'm ONLY 40 PAGES BEHIND NOW!!!!!!!

It's really sad that this is an accomplishment...
- Jingle
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3021 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2017 3:54 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 1062, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:Ari town, anyone disagree scum claims

night

okok

This makes me feel better about gin. Ari was already lock town for me but if he wasn't he would be for this page. Because other people who know ari are in this game, it's possible scum!gin knew ari was unlynchable so he said that, but it's more likely he's just town.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3022 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2017 3:58 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 3008, Aristophanes wrote:Ari/Fire interactions from that point in the game. I'm not saying I should be easily read from it, but to come up with "Fire and Boon are both null from it" is easy, and it kinda snapshoots it while awkwardly cropping me out of the picture.
Who was saying we were null from that?
And what would we learn from me and your interactions?
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3023 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2017 4:00 pm

Post by Tammy »

Infinity - Have you been in a game where Titus has been town and not reacted to votes on her by her biggest suspects?

I was suspicious of titus earlier on then started wavering some, but when Nacho naked voted her and then Implosion just sheeped nacho and didn't even try to sort Titus beyond trying to interact, Titus didn't respond at all. I think I cared more about Implosion's vote there than Titus did and it just read really wrong that Titus didn't care or notice that her two biggest scum reads were voting her for no reason stated at all.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3024 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2017 4:05 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

I don't remember tbh. I didn't notice that, it does seem kind of odd to me and scum!titus is more likely to ignore votes for sure.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”