Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #3425 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2017 8:08 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 3418, Insomniacs wrote:And a general PSA to town:

Quit fucking fakeclaiming already.

I have fake claimed ONCE in my entire scum career and it was believed. Seriously. It was a rare case fake claiming was good for Town.

Stop fucking fake claiming all the damn time. It makes your real claims meaningless when you do.

--Math
Agreed. Which is why I didn't fake claim. As I said, huge difference between telling you I can do something I can't do(fake claiming) and telling you I can do something but not telling you the restrictions(such as shots or frequency of use).
In post 3422, Tywin Lannister wrote:@caiterb: so I didn't know what a lie detector really does, so I looked it up real quick. Wiki says that role is rarely used because you could just have everyone say ' I'm town' and just clear everyone one by one until you found a lie.

If that's the case though, couldn't you just force that? Like why wouldn't you?
Anything that directly or indirectly indicates alignment will always return a "true" result.
GTK a me, currently live, this may be your only chance!
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78521&p=10688009#p10688009
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3426 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2017 8:10 am

Post by Titus »

Cerb would me being informed others are town always return a true result?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Insomniacs
Insomniacs
Mafia Scum
Insomniacs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3427 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2017 8:10 am

Post by Insomniacs »

In post 3425, Cerberus v666 wrote:
In post 3418, Insomniacs wrote:And a general PSA to town:

Quit fucking fakeclaiming already.

I have fake claimed ONCE in my entire scum career and it was believed. Seriously. It was a rare case fake claiming was good for Town.

Stop fucking fake claiming all the damn time. It makes your real claims meaningless when you do.

--Math
Agreed. Which is why I didn't fake claim. As I said, huge difference between telling you I can do something I can't do(fake claiming) and telling you I can do something but not telling you the restrictions(such as shots or frequency of use).
In post 3422, Tywin Lannister wrote:@caiterb: so I didn't know what a lie detector really does, so I looked it up real quick. Wiki says that role is rarely used because you could just have everyone say ' I'm town' and just clear everyone one by one until you found a lie.

If that's the case though, couldn't you just force that? Like why wouldn't you?
Anything that directly or indirectly indicates alignment will always return a "true" result.
Awesome. The fake claiming bit wasn't towards you.

It's towards some other boneheaded townie I don't feel like outing.

--Math
A hydra of Narna and MathBlade!!
Insomniacs
Insomniacs
Mafia Scum
Insomniacs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3428 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2017 8:13 am

Post by Insomniacs »

In post 3421, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 3411, Titus wrote:
In post 3399, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 3381, Insomniacs wrote:
In post 3375, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 3369, Gorkington wrote:at the start of d1 titus claimed a list of 5 characters that were confirmed as town to her.
My bad, I missed that. Who are the five town?
If PV can't read the first page he is scum.
He should ya know quit scumclaiming.

--Math
In post 3382, Insomniacs wrote:He did the exact same thing in Elemental Trinity as scum.

--Math
Was going to let it go, but no.

Civilization Mafia.
Yeah calling Math dumb isn't helping.
I didn't say she was dumb.

I am saying that playing in a similar manner to that game will cause me either to ignore her, lynch her, or get into a shouting match.

I'd only prefer to lynch her if scum, and would not prefer to do the other 2.
Piss off. All I did was indicate a scum read of you. I am not domineering the thread. Now instead of attacking the attacker if you're really ignoring me how about you drop some reads or do something townie?

--Math
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3429 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2017 8:20 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 3428, Insomniacs wrote:Piss off. All I did was indicate a scum read of you. I am not domineering the thread. Now instead of attacking the attacker if you're really ignoring me how about you drop some reads or do something townie?

--Math
You scumread me because I don't drink Titus' Kool-aid.

You think she is town because she wanted "cop results send to you" or something. I don't suppose you mean the dead cop?

In addition to , which contains my reads which you read, I'm adding Cerebus to my townreads. I missed his claim from yesterday, but I liked his posts that I saw. Dave still needs to explain . Until I read that answer, withholding any reads on him.

:up:
Do you mean like that?

:neutral:
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3430 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2017 8:23 am

Post by Titus »

This just feels like weird awkward fishing mechanics.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Insomniacs
Insomniacs
Mafia Scum
Insomniacs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3431 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2017 8:25 am

Post by Insomniacs »

In post 3429, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 3428, Insomniacs wrote:Piss off. All I did was indicate a scum read of you. I am not domineering the thread. Now instead of attacking the attacker if you're really ignoring me how about you drop some reads or do something townie?

--Math

You think she is town because she wanted "cop results send to you" or something. I don't suppose you mean the dead cop?

In addition to , which contains my reads which you read, I'm adding Cerebus to my townreads. I missed his claim from yesterday, but I liked his posts that I saw. Dave still needs to explain . Until I read that answer, withholding any reads on him.

Do you mean like that?

I scumread you because you missed something literally one page fucking one. Last time this happened you were scum. Not drinking Titus moonlogic I understand. Narna and I were waffling a bit on Titus too last night til we got the PM from Firebringer. It is more if you didn't believe her moonlogic you'd read her posts to destroy her.

Yet instead you list random people as Town call that sufficiently "a reads list" and agree with your top scumread Dave needs to claim.

--Math
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3432 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2017 8:26 am

Post by Titus »

In post 3431, Insomniacs wrote:waffling a bit on Titus too last night til we got the PM from Firebringer.
What?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Insomniacs
Insomniacs
Mafia Scum
Insomniacs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3433 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2017 8:28 am

Post by Insomniacs »

In post 3432, Titus wrote:
In post 3431, Insomniacs wrote:waffling a bit on Titus too last night til we got the PM from Firebringer.
What?
The PM from Firebringer with the Town result Titus. We thought it might have been a WWE situation.

--Math
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3434 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2017 8:29 am

Post by Titus »

In post 3433, Insomniacs wrote:
In post 3432, Titus wrote:
What?
The PM from Firebringer with the Town result Titus. We thought it might have been a WWE situation.

--Math
Ok, I know what you're thinking and that actually was just SQ rolling with their thoughts based on my play, not my intentional plan.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #3435 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2017 8:32 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 3426, Titus wrote:Cerb would me being informed others are town always return a true result?
Probably. I haven't asked FB yet because I wasn't going to be able to act last night anyways, and I was sorta hoping someone had said something incriminating and would kill me out of fear I'd catch them. I'll ask him tonight.

If it would fail, I'm not certain how to check to be honest. You could simply say something like "My role is informed about x other slots", but the problem there is if your scum....then you are indeed informed about x other slots. :p

The numbers would need tole match up exactly I guess. I also don't know the value of checking it, it seems like a waste. Obviously those slots are town if they're not a fake claim.

@Math: understood, sorry, Gorkington just accused me of fake claiming, so I thought your post was spurred on by that.
GTK a me, currently live, this may be your only chance!
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78521&p=10688009#p10688009
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3436 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2017 8:36 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 3431, Insomniacs wrote:
In post 3429, PeregrineV wrote:

--Math

Do you mean like that?

I scumread you because you missed something literally one page fucking one. Last time this happened you were scum. Not drinking Titus moonlogic I understand. Narna and I were waffling a bit on Titus too last night til we got the PM from Firebringer. It is more if you didn't believe her moonlogic you'd read her posts to destroy her.

Yet instead you list random people as Town call that sufficiently "a reads list" and agree with your top scumread Dave needs to claim.

--Math
So close, yet so far.

I read some of her posts, and will read more later. What I did read did not convince me of anything.

Why the fuck is my list of townreads random?
Where did I say Dave needs to claim? I thought he already did.
I said he needs to EXPLAIN his action.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3437 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2017 8:37 am

Post by Not Chara »

can't we just use the lie detector to determine whether dave killed SQ?
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Insomniacs
Insomniacs
Mafia Scum
Insomniacs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3438 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2017 8:41 am

Post by Insomniacs »

@Not Chara -- Good idea.

@PV - You tell me you wrote the list of people sans reasons. You tell us why you townread those people or it is a random list.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3439 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2017 8:41 am

Post by Titus »

In post 3437, Not Chara wrote:can't we just use the lie detector to determine whether dave killed SQ?
Why not put "I don't know who attempted to kill SQ" if that would not always turn back a positive result? Since this is almost certainly multiball, we'd get a result that Dave's team didn't kill SQ. It would only work until the end of multiball though.

If that would always generate a truthful result, your question is awesome.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3440 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2017 8:43 am

Post by Titus »

In post 3439, Titus wrote:
In post 3437, Not Chara wrote:can't we just use the lie detector to determine whether dave killed SQ?
Why not put "I don't know who attempted to kill SQ" if that would not always turn back a positive result? Since this is almost certainly multiball, we'd get a result that Dave's team didn't kill SQ. It would only work until the end of multiball though.

If that would always generate a truthful result, your question is awesome.
Meh, the grammar phrasing on this is awkward.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #3441 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2017 8:43 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

That indirectly determines alignment so no.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3442 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2017 8:44 am

Post by Titus »

In post 3441, Gamma Emerald wrote:
Where did your vig shot go?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #3443 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2017 8:44 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3442, Titus wrote:
In post 3441, Gamma Emerald wrote:
Where did your vig shot go?
I used it during the day so I was unable to shoot at night.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3444 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2017 8:45 am

Post by Not Chara »

no it doesn't. vigilantes exist.
Titus suggestion yields more information, but might be more inclined to count as 'alignment indicative'?
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Insomniacs
Insomniacs
Mafia Scum
Insomniacs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3445 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2017 8:48 am

Post by Insomniacs »

@Titus -- I imagine this is you right now. You has sads that I got the chocolates. You can be Anna and I will be Elsa and we will rock this.

Spoiler: gif

@Not Chara -- It actually isn't IMHO. A Town PR could be aware of who shot SQ. Town and scum have an equally viable chance for that statement.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3446 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2017 8:48 am

Post by Titus »

In post 3444, Not Chara wrote:no it doesn't. vigilantes exist.
Titus suggestion yields more information, but might be more inclined to count as 'alignment indicative'?
Indeed and the phrasing would need to be precise but Cerb is good at that.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3447 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2017 8:49 am

Post by Not Chara »

someone killing a player or not is technically NAI, because a town vig could have done it. just because a true would make dave here scum doesn't change that it's not an alignment-indicative question.
that's what i'm thinking. otherwise it could be used to check another claim, but i don't kmow of anything better.
i don't have a tonlwnread on Peregrine exactly, but i'm trying to look for someone i at least lean scum on first. if Ramcius is actually like this normally i might switch, but his attitude and the way he's been responding to criticism keep pinging me.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3448 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2017 8:49 am

Post by Titus »

In post 3445, Insomniacs wrote:@Titus -- I imagine this is you right now. You has sads that I got the chocolates. You can be Anna and I will be Elsa and we will rock this.

Spoiler: gif

@Not Chara -- It actually isn't IMHO. A Town PR could be aware of who shot SQ. Town and scum have an equally viable chance for that statement.
You has bananas.

The chocolate relay system got shot when SQ died. I not sads you got bananas. I'm sad you can't tell the difference between bananas and chocolates.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Insomniacs
Insomniacs
Mafia Scum
Insomniacs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3449 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2017 8:52 am

Post by Insomniacs »

I apparently am the bananas I received because I am lost.

PV is scum. Cerb needs to check Dave.

--Math

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”