Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2017 12:55 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 133, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 65, Wraith wrote:Intention to lurk through D1

Just being honest
You should active lurk, like participate with large informational posts on only relevant topics, but otherwise, not post.
This is basically what I plan to be like. Eventually, I'll probably end up breaking my activity lull in favor of 1v1'ing someone, but until then, I'll just posts thoughts periodically. I'll keep up, but I don't plan on checking the game every hour like I usually do in my games.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Priscila
Priscila
Mafia Scum
Priscila
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2017 12:59 pm

Post by Priscila »

What bothers me about DrumBeats is the way that he is pushing a narrative where his scumread on RhazBash is meaningful rather than genuinely digging into the content, analyzing the reasoning behind it and providing his own as to why that reasoning comes from scum. His approach is rhetorical, and he conflates largley null behavior into something damning.

His point about scum adapting for the type of scumhunting in thread is simplistic and shallow, scum will already analyze their own behavior with greater foresight and worry than town. The act of aborting a bus is very basic. Gamma's mention of it is too broad to be effective. Reminding people that an established wagon manipulation technique exists on page 1 is not going to meaningfully affect whether that technique is used in a specific instance during the game.

There is also the way that he positioned his vote on Gamma as if he knew it was coming off before long. I get the feeling that he wants to
seem to be
engaging directly and actively with content in a thoughtful way, and is taking this as a rhetorical position, rather than truly engaging with the content. The way that he continued to argue his position as he unvoted Gamma to vote RhazBash suggests to me that he does not truly feel conviction in his reads, but merely argues for their validity and postures around them.

I think that RhazBash's premature position on today's wagons feels like a genuine attempt to scumhunt that came off as surface scummy. I read the translation of that post as "there is scum in one of those that we should lynch". DrumBeats' attempt to pin it as having malicious intent is disingenuous. It is
possible
from that post that RhazBash is scum who knows that all of the early pushers of Gamma's wagon are town, but it is
equally possible
that he is simply scumhunting, therefore the post is null without greater context. DrumBeats argument is slightly more than just that RhazBash is informed, however. He argues that RhazBash is lining up lynches and putting on an act to shed responsibility. This is very stretchy. Following this, he argues that RhazBash's position that wagons should be broken down is suspicious and comes from an informed perspective. He is again attempting to twist fairly null content into scum content by drawing a narrative where that is already the case.

I don't think his reasons for voting Gamma or RhazBash have any merit and his attempts to make those reasons persuasive feels like sophistry. It's still possible that this content is coming from a reckless, overzealous townie with poor reasoning, but for now I have a scumlean on DrumBeats.
Tão forte e tão fragil.
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2017 1:04 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 140, Wraith wrote:*checks in*

*sees we're still in the "make wild guesses at scum based on tiny sample size" stage*

*returns to slumber*
hard evidence isn't a wild guess bud
In post 144, WhyMafia wrote:
In post 94, DrumBeats wrote:
In post 85, RhazhBash wrote:Breaking down wagons helps us more in the long game.
Missed this one, but breaking down wagons only helps after we see the result of the lynch. You are breaking down a wagon before it flips, making it highly suspect that you already know the result of it.
^^
atm Rhaz is my biggest SR
you don't have to have a flip to analyse the wagon. You only need to have a decent amount of people on the wagon (~20% of the playerlist). Otherwise you'd be plumb out of luck until you land on scum.
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2017 1:13 pm

Post by mozamis »

hopefully catching up tonight
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
SlingshotWaffles
SlingshotWaffles
Mafia Scum
SlingshotWaffles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2017 2:08 pm

Post by SlingshotWaffles »

In post 152, Nosferatu wrote:

*sees we're still in the "make wild guesses at scum based on tiny sample size" stage*

*returns to slumber*
In post 85, RhazhBash wrote:Breaking down wagons helps us more in the long game.
Missed this one, but breaking down wagons only helps after we see the result of the lynch. You are breaking down a wagon before it flips, making it highly suspect that you already know the result of it.
^^
you don't have to have a flip to analyse the wagon. You only need to have a decent amount of people on the wagon (~20% of the playerlist). Otherwise you'd be plumb out of luck until you land on scum.
"Hard evidence"

And where might that be found?
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2017 2:20 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 154, SlingshotWaffles wrote:

*returns to slumber*
"Hard evidence"

And where might that be found?
In post 68, Nosferatu wrote:VOTE: WhyMafia
:cop: :cop: :shifty: :cop: :cop:
N0 peek rolling through
last.fm
gtkas
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2017 2:20 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

feel free to sheep once you see the light.
last.fm
gtkas
SlingshotWaffles
SlingshotWaffles
Mafia Scum
SlingshotWaffles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2017 2:33 pm

In post 156, Nosferatu wrote:feel free to sheep once you see the light.
Can we trust you though?
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2017 2:45 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 157, SlingshotWaffles wrote:
Can we trust you though?
would you trust gandhi with watering your plants?
last.fm
gtkas
SlingshotWaffles
SlingshotWaffles
Mafia Scum
SlingshotWaffles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2017 2:50 pm

In post 158, Nosferatu wrote:
Can we trust you though?
Definitely not.
I wouldn't trust Ghandi with anything but to disappoint and annoy me.

Your point?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2017 3:20 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 151, Priscila wrote:What bothers me about DrumBeats is the way that he is pushing a narrative where his scumread on RhazBash is meaningful rather than genuinely digging into the content, analyzing the reasoning behind it and providing his own as to why that reasoning comes from scum. His approach is rhetorical, and he conflates largley null behavior into something damning.

His point about scum adapting for the type of scumhunting in thread is simplistic and shallow, scum will already analyze their own behavior with greater foresight and worry than town. The act of aborting a bus is very basic. Gamma's mention of it is too broad to be effective. Reminding people that an established wagon manipulation technique exists on page 1 is not going to meaningfully affect whether that technique is used in a specific instance during the game.

There is also the way that he positioned his vote on Gamma as if he knew it was coming off before long. I get the feeling that he wants to
seem to be
engaging directly and actively with content in a thoughtful way, and is taking this as a rhetorical position, rather than truly engaging with the content. The way that he continued to argue his position as he unvoted Gamma to vote RhazBash suggests to me that he does not truly feel conviction in his reads, but merely argues for their validity and postures around them.

I think that RhazBash's premature position on today's wagons feels like a genuine attempt to scumhunt that came off as surface scummy. I read the translation of that post as "there is scum in one of those that we should lynch". DrumBeats' attempt to pin it as having malicious intent is disingenuous. It is
possible
from that post that RhazBash is scum who knows that all of the early pushers of Gamma's wagon are town, but it is
equally possible
that he is simply scumhunting, therefore the post is null without greater context. DrumBeats argument is slightly more than just that RhazBash is informed, however. He argues that RhazBash is lining up lynches and putting on an act to shed responsibility. This is very stretchy. Following this, he argues that RhazBash's position that wagons should be broken down is suspicious and comes from an informed perspective. He is again attempting to twist fairly null content into scum content by drawing a narrative where that is already the case.

I don't think his reasons for voting Gamma or RhazBash have any merit and his attempts to make those reasons persuasive feels like sophistry. It's still possible that this content is coming from a reckless, overzealous townie with poor reasoning, but for now I have a scumlean on DrumBeats.
Too early in the game and too late at night for wall posts
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2017 3:22 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

*returns to slumber*
^^
You are from the mastina school of VCA. I come from the Titus school, where it is used late game to draw conclusions on who is likely scum.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2017 3:23 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

VOTE: Gamma Emerald

Just annoys me
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2017 3:24 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 158, Nosferatu wrote:
Can we trust you though?
What kind of question is this
<Embrace The Void>

Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2017 3:24 pm

Post by Tywin Lannister »

In post 118, Zachstralkita wrote:
Tywin Lannister wrote:
In post 112, Mislim wrote:
In post 109, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 107, Mislim wrote:wraith and boon could be scum together because they're planning to lurk together
lame...
i'm trying to form reads here.
Statements like this show you're obvious scum trying way too hard to look town.

VOTE: Mislynch

I also dislike that 'wraith and boon scum lurkers' or the 'spammy game' statements. All of this is bullshit. It's not a joke, so you mean it seriously, but it's all trash and fake statements you're making to sound active over actually contributing.

This guy is scum. Raizh is also scum, or he set himself up as the easy mislynch, and I still wanna lynch gamma. He looks kinda town here, but that means he's scum. Every time I read him, I'm wrong. Every. Game. So he's scum since he looks town, and gamma PLs are good. Would seriously PL gamma after the past 5 or so games with him.
Everything else you said and THIS is where you place your vote? This is the reachiest post ever.
The real reach is you trying to shade me for calling out your scum buddy.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2017 3:25 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Also regarding rhazh: Probably not a lynch for today
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2017 3:25 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Also I'd love to know how I looked Town here
<Embrace The Void>

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2017 3:26 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

You don't
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2017 3:27 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 167, Dunnstral wrote:You don't
Exactly
Why does Tywin think so
<Embrace The Void>

Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2017 3:28 pm

In post 132, Nero Cain wrote:I mean there's been nothing scummier FMPOV than waffles lack of voting on Gemma.

PVs and Cpt back and forth lulz fest was lame but not really scummy.

I don't think RHAZ is scummy hence my "anti-nom post"
I still wanna lynch gamma,but it is a PL more than a full SR. There are legit game winning reasons for it. As scum, I'd love for gamma to be on the other team. As town, I want him dead asap to not screw us over with his always scummy play. It may work for him as scum (because he's scummy literally all the time for every alignment), but I certainly hope I never see him in lylo. It's just bad for town all the way around. I've seen it.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2017 3:30 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 169, Tywin Lannister wrote:As scum, I'd love for gamma to be on the other team.
The way you say this sounds weird
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2017 3:32 pm

Gamma you have to know by now why everyone would rather PL you than fail to sort you You aren't blind. You can't legit pretend to think others should just leave you around forever to not be NK'd by scum, because you refuse to ever play like you're town. A cop could check you,but that's a waste imo. Either you get copped or PL' d with how you play, because it's annoying at this point. You know what you do too.
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2017 3:33 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 169, Tywin Lannister wrote:
In post 132, Nero Cain wrote:I mean there's been nothing scummier FMPOV than waffles lack of voting on Gemma.

PVs and Cpt back and forth lulz fest was lame but not really scummy.

I don't think RHAZ is scummy hence my "anti-nom post"
I still wanna lynch gamma,but it is a PL more than a full SR. There are legit game winning reasons for it. As scum, I'd love for gamma to be on the other team. As town, I want him dead asap to not screw us over with his always scummy play. It may work for him as scum (because he's scummy literally all the time for every alignment), but I certainly hope I never see him in lylo. It's just bad for town all the way around. I've seen it.
Yeah I'm not lynching someone without a SR so we dont lynch them hypothetically in a future scenario :)

Policy lynches are cancer
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2017 3:33 pm

In post 170, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 169, Tywin Lannister wrote:As scum, I'd love for gamma to be on the other team.
The way you say this sounds weird
Nice shade. Explain the way the words on your screen 'sound' to you.
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2017 3:33 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 168, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 167, Dunnstral wrote:You don't
Exactly
Why does Tywin think so