Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2017 3:35 pm

Post by Tywin Lannister »

Do you imagine me saying it with a British accent? Maybe Australian? What about in a Cuban accent, with a hint of al pacino Scarface?

Let me know how my words sound to you Dunn. Great detective work you're doing.
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2017 3:35 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 151, Priscila wrote:What bothers me about DrumBeats is the way that he is pushing a narrative where his scumread on RhazBash is meaningful rather than genuinely digging into the content, analyzing the reasoning behind it and providing his own as to why that reasoning comes from scum. His approach is rhetorical, and he conflates largley null behavior into something damning.

His point about scum adapting for the type of scumhunting in thread is simplistic and shallow, scum will already analyze their own behavior with greater foresight and worry than town. The act of aborting a bus is very basic. Gamma's mention of it is too broad to be effective. Reminding people that an established wagon manipulation technique exists on page 1 is not going to meaningfully affect whether that technique is used in a specific instance during the game.

There is also the way that he positioned his vote on Gamma as if he knew it was coming off before long. I get the feeling that he wants to
seem to be
engaging directly and actively with content in a thoughtful way, and is taking this as a rhetorical position, rather than truly engaging with the content. The way that he continued to argue his position as he unvoted Gamma to vote RhazBash suggests to me that he does not truly feel conviction in his reads, but merely argues for their validity and postures around them.

I think that RhazBash's premature position on today's wagons feels like a genuine attempt to scumhunt that came off as surface scummy. I read the translation of that post as "there is scum in one of those that we should lynch". DrumBeats' attempt to pin it as having malicious intent is disingenuous. It is
possible
from that post that RhazBash is scum who knows that all of the early pushers of Gamma's wagon are town, but it is
equally possible
that he is simply scumhunting, therefore the post is null without greater context. DrumBeats argument is slightly more than just that RhazBash is informed, however. He argues that RhazBash is lining up lynches and putting on an act to shed responsibility. This is very stretchy. Following this, he argues that RhazBash's position that wagons should be broken down is suspicious and comes from an informed perspective. He is again attempting to twist fairly null content into scum content by drawing a narrative where that is already the case.

I don't think his reasons for voting Gamma or RhazBash have any merit and his attempts to make those reasons persuasive feels like sophistry. It's still possible that this content is coming from a reckless, overzealous townie with poor reasoning, but for now I have a scumlean on DrumBeats.
This has been ignored by a lot. I think this is very well said and logical. But I do think that town and scum both tend to push for their lynches even if they don't really believe them. It sounds counterintuitive, but it can be very hard for prideful town players to admit they are wrong, and then the lack of enthusiasm may show
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2017 3:35 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 175, Tywin Lannister wrote:Do you imagine me saying it with a British accent? Maybe Australian? What about in a Cuban accent, with a hint of al pacino Scarface?

Let me know how my words sound to you Dunn. Great detective work you're doing.
It's a gutread from what it sounds like. There is nothing wrong with those.
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2017 3:36 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 149, Boonskiies wrote:
In post 125, CptPicard wrote:I don't like this. This is the most silly and fun stage of the game (yet also allows us to obtain first impressions and initial reads) and you both intend to lurk it out? What do you have to hide?

For the players who have been playing with me recently, know that it's not uncommon for me to go above 500 posts in a game...I've been posting a lot in games recently, too much, and I tend to end up dominating games and it makes other people not be able to catch up. I'll still post if something hits me. I disagree with this being the most fun stage of the game; I much prefer late game.
You make it seem like this is gaining you town cred
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2017 3:37 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 162, Dunnstral wrote:VOTE: Gamma Emerald

Just annoys me
Is this your tenth meme?
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2017 3:38 pm

Gamma saying 'tone' too, as if you read words exactly as they were written, regardless of your background, accent, ethnicity, or ability at discerning these things from written words. Must be a superpower you guys have.

Truth is, tone is a bullshit excuse to say anything. If it's a gut read, say gut read. And you'd be wrong, so try other methods.
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2017 3:42 pm

I'm voting mislynch and sticking to it. He's scum. Zach and Dunn pushing back gives me more than enough associatives, while everyone hopping on gamma or raizh shows maybe they are town. Idk, and gamma I'd PL since apparently scum never find him worth saving when he is on their team, but mislynch posted scummy shot and gets defended by other players? Nope, that's not town.
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2017 3:42 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 180, Tywin Lannister wrote:Gamma saying 'tone' too, as if you read words exactly as they were written, regardless of your background, accent, ethnicity, or ability at discerning these things from written words. Must be a superpower you guys have.

Truth is, tone is a bullshit excuse to say anything. If it's a gut read, say gut read. And you'd be wrong, so try other methods.
You do realize they are basically saying the same thing?
Priscila
Priscila
Mafia Scum
Priscila
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2017 3:45 pm

Post by Priscila »

In post 169, Tywin Lannister wrote:As scum, I'd love for gamma to be on the other team.
unvote

vote: Tywin
Tão forte e tão fragil.
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2017 3:46 pm

In post 183, Priscila wrote:
In post 169, Tywin Lannister wrote:As scum, I'd love for gamma to be on the other team.
unvote

vote: Tywin
Found more scum. I swear, this game is too easy.
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2017 3:47 pm

Find scum, vote them. See who defends and chainsaws for them. Game solved.
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2017 3:52 pm

In post 176, Mulch wrote:
In post 151, Priscila wrote:What bothers me about DrumBeats is the way that he is pushing a narrative where his scumread on RhazBash is meaningful rather than genuinely digging into the content, analyzing the reasoning behind it and providing his own as to why that reasoning comes from scum. His approach is rhetorical, and he conflates largley null behavior into something damning.

His point about scum adapting for the type of scumhunting in thread is simplistic and shallow, scum will already analyze their own behavior with greater foresight and worry than town. The act of aborting a bus is very basic. Gamma's mention of it is too broad to be effective. Reminding people that an established wagon manipulation technique exists on page 1 is not going to meaningfully affect whether that technique is used in a specific instance during the game.

There is also the way that he positioned his vote on Gamma as if he knew it was coming off before long. I get the feeling that he wants to
seem to be
engaging directly and actively with content in a thoughtful way, and is taking this as a rhetorical position, rather than truly engaging with the content. The way that he continued to argue his position as he unvoted Gamma to vote RhazBash suggests to me that he does not truly feel conviction in his reads, but merely argues for their validity and postures around them.

I think that RhazBash's premature position on today's wagons feels like a genuine attempt to scumhunt that came off as surface scummy. I read the translation of that post as "there is scum in one of those that we should lynch". DrumBeats' attempt to pin it as having malicious intent is disingenuous. It is
possible
from that post that RhazBash is scum who knows that all of the early pushers of Gamma's wagon are town, but it is
equally possible
that he is simply scumhunting, therefore the post is null without greater context. DrumBeats argument is slightly more than just that RhazBash is informed, however. He argues that RhazBash is lining up lynches and putting on an act to shed responsibility. This is very stretchy. Following this, he argues that RhazBash's position that wagons should be broken down is suspicious and comes from an informed perspective. He is again attempting to twist fairly null content into scum content by drawing a narrative where that is already the case.

I don't think his reasons for voting Gamma or RhazBash have any merit and his attempts to make those reasons persuasive feels like sophistry. It's still possible that this content is coming from a reckless, overzealous townie with poor reasoning, but for now I have a scumlean on DrumBeats.
This has been ignored by a lot. I think this is very well said and logical. But I do think that town and scum both tend to push for their lynches even if they don't really believe them. It sounds counterintuitive, but it can be very hard for prideful town players to admit they are wrong, and then the lack of enthusiasm may show
This is fluff BE coming from scum, who just so happens to analyze town players, shading another town player, and then naked votes me? Looks pretty hypocritical if you actually agree with her theory argument. She didn't even vote him, yet wrote a wall saying a lot of nothing. People ignore it, because her scum buddies won't acknowledge her, and people like me see it as fluff.

What's interesting though is how she just did exactly what she shaded drumbeat for. Not AI content being twisted? Interesting. Based on her naked vote with only a not AI quote, I'd say she's a hypocrite at best. Most likely though, she's scum.
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2017 3:53 pm

BS*
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2017 3:54 pm

Post by Mulch »

Not everything people post needs to be backed up by a vote.

And I personally think it is well thought out and very clear and transparent, which is more important than content at this stage anyways
SlingshotWaffles
SlingshotWaffles
Mafia Scum
SlingshotWaffles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2017 3:59 pm

Post by SlingshotWaffles »

VOTE: Tywin

I'm done. Let's go. Fight me. Overconfidence. Hyperagression. Bad post. Rudities. Unwarranted attacks. AtE.
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2017 3:59 pm

In post 188, Mulch wrote:Not everything people post needs to be backed up by a vote.

And I personally think it is well thought out and very clear and transparent, which is more important than content at this stage anyways
Do you want me to find past games of players doing this same thing as scum?

She's saying nothing here except:

A) people don't look like they believe their votes
B) gamma and raizh are probably town
C) drumbeats votes them over NAI content

Read what she said and tell me that doesn't also come from scum, especially if all those players are town. Her vote on me however is exactly what she pretends to rail against here. A naked vote based on Not AI content.

I've seen plenty of players like her, and without a vote to back up what she said, she doesn't believe it either. It also means she's afraid to ruffle feathers. Scum trait.
Priscila
Priscila
Mafia Scum
Priscila
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2017 4:01 pm

Post by Priscila »

You can ragespam the thread all you want to try to cover your slip, Tywin, it will not prevent your lynch. You didn't just slip multiball. You slipped, very specifically,
two teams
, with yourself being on one of them.
Tão forte e tão fragil.
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2017 4:04 pm

In post 189, SlingshotWaffles wrote:VOTE: Tywin

I'm done. Let's go. Fight me. Overconfidence. Hyperagression. Bad post. Rudities. Unwarranted attacks. AtE.
You're piling on a shit wagon, but id love to fight you. Nice vote placement. Surely you thought this through.

Show me exactly where I did these things, post by post, and then, if you CAN do so (which we both know you cant, becauze its bullshit) show why you believe I'd not do this as town.

Pedit: how bad are you to think scum ever slip? Ever? Show me a game where scum ever did that? Scum watch what they post. Fucking obvious stuff.

I won't be lynched so I am overconfident. You can NK me, but if I'm lynched, you're whole scum team is fucked.

The way I see it, my vote landed on scum and scum are pushing back.
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2017 4:05 pm

Two teams? Lol what?
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2017 4:08 pm

Smh reading comprehension is so bad.

I said scum, I'd love for gamma to be on the other team (town obviously). Where is this multiball slip you read? I didn't have any idea about that, and never thought it, but since you did... You just slipped lol!
SlingshotWaffles
SlingshotWaffles
Mafia Scum
SlingshotWaffles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2017 4:09 pm

Post by SlingshotWaffles »

In post 193, Tywin Lannister wrote:Two teams? Lol what?
I agree.

Also it's not obvious??
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2017 4:12 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 161, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 152, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 140, Wraith wrote:*checks in*

*sees we're still in the "make wild guesses at scum based on tiny sample size" stage*

*returns to slumber*
hard evidence isn't a wild guess bud
In post 144, WhyMafia wrote:
In post 94, DrumBeats wrote:
In post 85, RhazhBash wrote:Breaking down wagons helps us more in the long game.
Missed this one, but breaking down wagons only helps after we see the result of the lynch. You are breaking down a wagon before it flips, making it highly suspect that you already know the result of it.
^^
atm Rhaz is my biggest SR
you don't have to have a flip to analyse the wagon. You only need to have a decent amount of people on the wagon (~20% of the playerlist). Otherwise you'd be plumb out of luck until you land on scum.
You are from the mastina school of VCA. I come from the Titus school, where it is used late game to draw conclusions on who is likely scum.
Titus does a comprehensive VCA around D3 in a large like I sometimes do, but that doesn't stop her—shouldn't stop anyone for that matter—from analysing wagons as they come and go. It's a loss of data that can be used in the now to get more scum flips for comprehensive VCA later.
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2017 4:14 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 191, Priscila wrote:You can ragespam the thread all you want to try to cover your slip, Tywin, it will not prevent your lynch. You didn't just slip multiball. You slipped, very specifically,
two teams
I love how you saw other team and immediately assumed that he was talking about multiple scum teams. Bit of a freudian slip yourself there mate.
VOTE: priscila
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2017 4:16 pm

In post 195, SlingshotWaffles wrote:
In post 193, Tywin Lannister wrote:Two teams? Lol what?
I agree.

Also it's not obvious??
What's obvious? I said 'as scum, I love gamma being on the other team' in explanation of why I'd PL him. He knows exactly what I'm saying too.

Somehow, me saying 'other team' in a hypothetical statement means I said multiball? Is that not completely illogical, or is reading comprehension that bad? Its obvious what I meant in the context of when I said it.

Better question to ask yourself is why would I make posts like this if scum, when Priscilla herself said scum are very careful with what they say? She's going against every word she wrote about drumbeat and does it herself. She's scum or a terrible hypocrite, or both.

VOTE: Prescilla
Priscila
Priscila
Mafia Scum
Priscila
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2017 4:20 pm

Post by Priscila »

In post 197, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 191, Priscila wrote:You can ragespam the thread all you want to try to cover your slip, Tywin, it will not prevent your lynch. You didn't just slip multiball. You slipped, very specifically,
two teams
I love how you saw other team and immediately assumed that he was talking about multiple scum teams. Bit of a freudian slip yourself there mate.
VOTE: priscila
I have never seen town referred to as "the other team".
Tão forte e tão fragil.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”