Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Sat May 20, 2017 11:18 am

Post by Mulch »

In post 463, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 420, Mulch wrote:When the idiocy gets to the point that it makes more sense for town to be than scum
????
Scum and town care about their image, but scum woulden't be so obviously scummy because it would attract unneeeded attention
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Sat May 20, 2017 11:18 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Well too scummy to be scum is kinda a thing. I'm just not sure how Mulch made that determination.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Sat May 20, 2017 11:19 am

Post by Mulch »

In post 464, SlingshotWaffles wrote:
In post 420, Mulch wrote:When the idiocy gets to the point that it makes more sense for town to be than scum
????
Despite this being anti-me, I'd have to agree. It doesn't really make sense that how stupid and scummy I've been acting makes me Town.
Because if you were scum then you woulden't be so obvious, and would care more about being obvious.

This feels weird responding to lol
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Sat May 20, 2017 11:20 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 475, Mulch wrote:Scum and town care about their image, but scum woulden't be so obviously scummy because it would attract unneeeded attention
sure but what do you think he's done that's intended to bring pressure onto himself?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Sat May 20, 2017 11:21 am

Post by Mulch »

In post 476, Nero Cain wrote:Well too scummy to be scum is kinda a thing. I'm just not sure how Mulch made that determination.
Because he was being blatantly and straightforwardly ignoring my question on him explaning on why he thought some things were AI and I thought were NAI. I asked him 3X to explain and he just said "nah, I agree." Scum would have attempted to explain their position there.
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Sat May 20, 2017 11:21 am

Post by Mulch »

In post 478, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 475, Mulch wrote:Scum and town care about their image, but scum woulden't be so obviously scummy because it would attract unneeeded attention
sure but what do you think he's done that's intended to bring pressure onto himself?
See above
SlingshotWaffles
SlingshotWaffles
Mafia Scum
SlingshotWaffles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Sat May 20, 2017 11:21 am

Post by SlingshotWaffles »

What?
I don't understand.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Sat May 20, 2017 11:54 am

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 475, Mulch wrote:
????
Scum and town care about their image, but scum woulden't be so obviously scummy because it would attract unneeeded attention
At the same time, you could say this is exactly why scum would play that way.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
SlingshotWaffles
SlingshotWaffles
Mafia Scum
SlingshotWaffles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Sat May 20, 2017 12:48 pm

In post 482, Boonskiies wrote:
In post 475, Mulch wrote:
????
At the same time, you could say this is exactly why scum would play that way.
I think there is a very good chance that he is scum.
Priscila
Priscila
Mafia Scum
Priscila
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Sat May 20, 2017 1:04 pm

Post by Priscila »

Gamma:
In post 407, Priscila wrote:
In post 336, Gamma Emerald wrote:I looked up Creature's MD and modding history and the role would make sense, thing is, Tywin has been extremely scummy.
Why do you think the role would make sense? What did you find in the history?
Tão forte e tão fragil.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Sat May 20, 2017 1:06 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 484, Priscila wrote:Gamma:
In post 336, Gamma Emerald wrote:I looked up Creature's MD and modding history and the role would make sense, thing is, Tywin has been extremely scummy.
He created a setup involving Godfathers and Millers in OSD so it could happen
But it's also a great mafia fakeclaim IMO
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Priscila
Priscila
Mafia Scum
Priscila
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Sat May 20, 2017 1:07 pm

Post by Priscila »

Nero, what is your read on Waffles?

@Gamma why do you think it's a great mafia fakeclaim? Do you think that the way that he claimed was scummy?
Tão forte e tão fragil.
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Sat May 20, 2017 1:09 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 484, Priscila wrote:Gamma:
He created a setup involving Godfathers and Millers in OSD so it could happen
But it's also a great mafia fakeclaim IMO
I don't think Tywin is scum atm, but you guys are aware that mod-provided fake claims are a thing right? Trying to figure out if a fakeclaim is valid in a void is kinda pointless.
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Sat May 20, 2017 1:18 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 486, Priscila wrote:Nero, what is your read on Waffles?
I think he's town wich is why I'm voting him. :facepalm:

Priscila
Priscila
Mafia Scum
Priscila
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Sat May 20, 2017 1:19 pm

Post by Priscila »

Some reasoning would be helpful.
Tão forte e tão fragil.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Sat May 20, 2017 1:21 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I mean Mulch writing him off as "too scummy to be scum" kinda makes me twitch but he still seems p scummy to me. I'll ISO him again and show my work and see what you think.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Sat May 20, 2017 1:24 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 20, Nero Cain wrote:scum is hesitant to vote.
thats why I was voting him in the first place and I didn't see anything that made me feel differently.

Priscila
Priscila
Mafia Scum
Priscila
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Sat May 20, 2017 1:24 pm

Post by Priscila »

Tão forte e tão fragil.
Priscila
Priscila
Mafia Scum
Priscila
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Sat May 20, 2017 1:29 pm

Post by Priscila »

You were saying more?

Do you think that town cannot be hesitant to vote? Why do you think his hesitation there is scummy?
Tão forte e tão fragil.
SlingshotWaffles
SlingshotWaffles
Mafia Scum
SlingshotWaffles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Sat May 20, 2017 1:34 pm

In post 491, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 20, Nero Cain wrote:scum is hesitant to vote.
thats why I was voting him in the first place and I didn't see anything that made me feel differently.
The "hesitation" to vote for Gamma (I think?) early in the game with the jump jumpy scum confirmed post?
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Sat May 20, 2017 1:39 pm

Post by Tywin Lannister »

In post 418, Zachstralkita wrote:Claim was premature imo - can't do anything now

I'll pop back in with stuff
Yes, it was, but I've been really really sick the past few days with a bad cold (high fever, blurry vision, etc), still went to work yesterday like an idiot, and I've had precedent for believing I may be QLd before being able to claim. People started naked voting me, like gamma, nero, CptPicard, etc. This should raise alarm bells for people I'd think. My fault for early claiming, but I didnt have the energy to fight off a lynch without just doing it, and my mood was so bad I was pretty toxic. Toxicity means PL really, so I probably would've been if I waited for L1 to claim.
In post 410, Boonskiies wrote:Hell of a scum claim, if so, though.
I'll remember that if i need a fake claim when i roll scum. Sadly, I'm not good at staying under the radar as a town cop obviously. My last completed cop game was so long ago that I forgot to play low key here, and even there, I got myself NK'd before I could claim and give a N1 result (which was gamma being innocent, and he was almost lynched in lylo). Not really good at being low key with any alignment tbh. I need to learn though.
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Sat May 20, 2017 1:41 pm

In post 420, Mulch wrote:UNVOTE: Waffles

When the idiocy gets to the point that it makes more sense for town to be than scum
VOTE: Drum

I'm good on this for now
Mulch is obvious town, but idk why drum is scum?
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Sat May 20, 2017 1:44 pm

In post 423, Mulch wrote:Gutread. I also said this earlier...
You need to explain more than this. Gut reads don't = having no reason whatsoever. Gut read means you DO have a reason(s), but it's not enough to make a case. Aka scummy post, scummy motivations, scummy stance, meta, etc.

Scum gut reads = "hi guys, I have fake reads I don't believe in, so its a gut read! I can skate by with this perpetually!"

Town gut read = "hi guys, I have a slight reason to SR someone, but not enough to make a rock solid case"
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Sat May 20, 2017 1:46 pm

Post by Fykus »

In post 436, Priscila wrote:If you need a summary of a post, I can give it. Just ask.

unvote

vote: Fykus

I'll be back in a few hours. Please talk to me more about your reads, Reaper?
consider this as being asked for a summary post.

p.s ill post some content soon.
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Sat May 20, 2017 1:48 pm

In post 424, SlingshotWaffles wrote:
In post 421, WhyMafia wrote:
In post 414, Priscila wrote:If people say it's normal and the moderator cannot clarify the rules then I will believe what people say.
I am not happy with how the wagons are right now. Hopefully I will have time to contribute more in the next few hours.

Boonskiies, why are you voting DrumBeats? I have some problems with the player so far that I need to resolve but I don't know if that will happen on Day 1. My focus is going to continue to be there but I don't know if I am interested in pushing that wagon seriously for now. At the moment I am considering Fykus and WhyMafia for strong candidates to be evil and will probably place my vote there soon. So far neither have received serious pressure and that worries me, because I feel they deserve it. Are you familiar with WhyMafia's meta? What do you think of his play so far?
A) don't use meta
B) I'm being a hypocrite, but if you look at every single one of my completed games, I was universally scum read.
VOTE: Cpt
Don't buy him at all
I'm going to have to disagree with you there.
Meta can be a very useful tool in helping catch scum if used properly.
Pretty convienent for a brand new player with zero meta to say, don't you think?

Meta is trash and useless on any really good player. People manipulate their meta constantly on purpose. They knowingly manipulate it as scum. Very few players really have meta tells that are solid. Like I say Nero is scum when he lurks (for instance) as his meta, but that's not really a serious read. I wouldn't use it as a centerpiece for any case. I'd just be suspicious of him maybe.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”