mush
Goon
mush
Goon
Goon

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2017 2:04 pm

Post by mush »

In post 923, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 922, mush wrote:10 posts in a row from gamma emerald, i can see why the policy lynch was popular
Only serious PL pusher was Rhazh, whose reasoning was fucking stupid
Don't worry I think you're town. :)
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2017 2:08 pm

Post by mozamis »

In post 922, mush wrote:10 posts in a row from gamma emerald, i can see why the policy lynch was popular
yeah but exactly why would scum put themsleves in the spotlight like that? I think Gamma winds people up but again, i always think that is more of a town tell than scum tell.
and hullo :)
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2017 2:09 pm

Post by mozamis »

In post 923, Gamma Emerald wrote:whose reasoning was fucking stupid
still think it was scummy
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2017 2:15 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 924, mush wrote:i actually detected tywin crumbing cop before he outright claimed, not sure if i believe it tho..
pls explain then
Could you tell me why he was obsessing over me being unreadable too?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2017 2:16 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

TBH I like mush for town rn
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2017 2:16 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 902, Mulch wrote:Priscilla:
Spoiler:
A lot of big posts. I sort of see it as a possible scum tell, especailly because he started so early; there is nothing really to analyze that early. However, the very fact that he seems to be progressing the game forward and getting into conflicts is promising. He pursued a slip, which even if logically incorrect seems like an unwise move for scum to do. Is trying to catch people's motivation- town tell. I don't really like the fact that he asks so many questions. Is VERY active in catching scum. Your thought process is clear and authentic, despite me disagreeing with it many times. Don't like his reply on waffles but like an other one. Very natural. Is not townreading me.

Town posts:
Scum posts:

Overall read:
Mid Town
. I like how aggresive you are an[/post]d how able you are to get into conflicts. I really like how you are trying to think townie in the fact you are catching scum through intent. Your thought process is genuine and your motivation to do what you do comes from a town point of view.

Picard:
Spoiler:
Memes a lot. He then calls out Boon for saying he was lurking, and dosen't really seem to be that into it. It's like... I saw that as a pretty town post by boon and I can see it is an easy thing for scum to push as well. This is where the "motivation" struggles a bit. The thing about the modkill felt weird and forced- even me as a newbie would not see that. That was one of your only scumpushes of the day. You say you don;'t want to acceidentally lynch a town PR, which has the motivation of...why? Why say that? Your attack on Fykus has no reasoning. Null. His last post shows a want to hunt scum and authencitiyicy, but not much else. Also, in general the want to avoid spicy sitatuations is bad

Town posts:

Scum posts:
Overall read: Not a lot to go off of, but the posts lean slight null and just his overall demanor of not wanting to scunhunt and just lay low is also bad.
Lean- Mid scum

Those 2 are done for now, I will do Rhazh and Drum next, but spoilers: I think Rhazh is scum and Drum is not.
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2017 2:17 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 913, Zachstralkita wrote:Wait those two are the only broken ones? :facepalm:
So...you don't read my reads, is what you are saying.
[Facepalm]
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2017 2:17 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 929, Gamma Emerald wrote:TBH I like mush for town rn
Why? My first reaction is gutscum
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2017 2:20 pm

Post by Mulch »

Drumbeats and Rhazh coming up
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2017 2:21 pm

Post by Zachstralkita »

Mulch wrote:
In post 913, Zachstralkita wrote:Wait those two are the only broken ones? :facepalm:
[Facepalm]
Didn't click (all) links, compared thoughts with what I read and liked some of your trains of thought

When Dunn said mulchs links are broken I assumed he meant them all

Then gamma says I know why which makes it more enigmatic
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2017 2:46 pm

Post by Mulch »

Drumbeats:
Spoiler:
Drumbeats:
First, every single post is a wall. *Kill me*. Ok, so every single one of his thoughts is well detailed and has a clear thought process. Is this neccecarily allignment indicative? Not neccecarily, because scum can have better logic than town loads of times. But the WAY he looks for scum just has an inherently townie mindset. It seems like he is not bullshitting anything and is very authentic. An example is this: "It's a statement that provides your faction no benefit if you are town, but gives you a small benefit as scum in setting traps for mislynches", or, better, " Scum Gamma however would benefit from it by appearing to be actively analyzing the game through the basic "analysis." Great reasoning. Can you imagine scum trying to read that deeply into it? It's hard for me. Insane analysis with REALLY deep reasoning, which is EXTREMELY hard to bullshit if scum. The Reads on post is absolutely incredible. I'm almost in awe of the way he manages to express himself. Here is another example of just a little tidbit that makes his stuff look authetntic: "which ironically has been very helpful to me as scum". I feel like scum would be very scared to do that. There is NO bullshit in what he says. He is ALWAYS able to get into it and accuse and defend and explain. Authentic as fuck and his motivation for saying everything seems townie as hell; again, no bullshitting and no fencesitting.

Town posts: Litearlly like all of them but check out again
Scum posts: Not many.

Read:
HIGH TOWN

Rhazh:
Spoiler:
Again, motivation and authenticity. Let's get into it. SO, I have been gutscumming Rhazh the entire game. I go into this read wanting to articulate it.
First, starts off with an "I am scum meme." Maybe I am paranoid, but I sort of...just forget it. lol. Anyways, his obsession over policy lynches is NAI ( I know Rhazh). He then already starts off with pre flip analysis when he says we shoudl lynch Gamma or a pusher of Gamma. This is scummy in the motivation category- it allows him to attack people and put blame if Gamma flips town at the same time. Lack of authenticity. "Probably..." and then a weak statement. Wants to stay off the radar. Townreads me early for no reason. What had I town that warranted a town read? I am VERY suspicious of early town reads on me; I have seen scum buddy to me too much. This again, is a negative in the MOTIVATION category. Really weak defenses in everything she does. Scumreads Moz for the most ridiculous reason; again, logic is not neccearily AI but the fact I just feel like he is not really feeling it when he says "I seriously doubt Moz as town would be making so many weak scumreads,". It's hard to articulate but the "doubt" the "seriously" the just lack of emphasis, etc. Acknoledges he is doing pre flip, which is at least a little townie. AGAIN townreads someone for absolutely no reason. WHY AREN't YOU DOING ANY gut SCUM readsm besdies once- Dunstral?? Needed to explain for scumreads but not for townreads is, again, a motivation problem.

Town posts: - the secocond part when he says "more pre flip..."

Scum posts: The ther part of , , ,

Remember, these are only really notable town or scum pings

Read:
High Scum

With that,
VOTE: Rhazh
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2017 2:48 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 934, Zachstralkita wrote:
Mulch wrote:
[Facepalm]
Didn't click (all) links, compared thoughts with what I read and liked some of your trains of thought

When Dunn said mulchs links are broken I assumed he meant them all

Then gamma says I know why which makes it more enigmatic
Look at games we are both in
<Embrace The Void>

mush
mush
Goon
mush
Goon
Goon

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2017 3:28 pm

Post by mush »

So im caught up.

Gonna post some thoughts.
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2017 4:18 pm

Post by Tywin Lannister »

In post 890, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 887, WhyMafia wrote:
In post 883, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 881, WhyMafia wrote:
In post 813, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 809, Tywin Lannister wrote:I'd be happy to lynch CptPIcard too. Like really happy. CptPicard would be a good lynch for D1.
WHY
Look at his ISO
and say that again
I did
You don't find anything wrong with someone advocating a modkill on a potential PR?
He wasn't advocating one
Was shitty he did what he did but I don't see scum motivation in it
Gamma, I'm having a really hard to actually understanding what you DO find scummy. Like legitimately, every game seems that I have exact opposite reads and reasons that you do, and I cannot figure out what you actually consider scummy on anyone.

Scum motivations aren't a thing at all. Who taught you that? Even if it was, his motive was to get a modkill on a town PR, whom he can't lynch without looking like scum, and who he cant safely NK if he thinks town has a watcher or doc or something. Modkill goes over all that and helps him win as scum.

So why cant you see scum motive in that? I really, really am trying hard to understand your point of view, but I cannot for the life of me see any way you'd fail to see the things I do as town.

Your scum motive would be to save your scum buddies by pretending their mistakes either didn't happen or aren't scummy.
mush
mush
Goon
mush
Goon
Goon

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2017 4:19 pm

Post by mush »

TYWIN
there is no breadcrumb to his cop role in his early posts. he only started softclaiming once he was pressured.
I found his claim unnecessary since he wasn't even at L-1. As I was reading the thread I didn't really see Tywin being in any danger of being lynched at that time. He started rageposting and talking about cops and lynching detective roles after he got a couple votes on him, so it was not a surprise to me when he claimed cop. He said himself he has 10+ years experience on this site playing mafia, and it seems his play here is really sub-optimal if he was a town cop. 10+ years experience and plays like that? his 10+ years experience could instead be being used to make a ridiculous fake claim and ride it out for as long as possible. After his claim I confess his posts are not fun for me to read, but he has been practically begging for counterclaims, which to me looks like he is trying to out PRs.

the mechanics of the cop role itself is also very odd, him becoming VT after getting a guilty. seems like something he made up TBH

I read this slot as scum and don't believe the claim, but I also know he won't be lynched today because he is a claimed cop. I'm essentially going to ignore the slot now. his posting style makes that easy enough.

CPTPICARD

This is my number 1 scumread right now.

I don't think enough attention was called to this post when it was originally made
In post 253, CptPicard wrote:Priscilla made a compelling case against VOTE: Tywin Lannister, I want to see him fully explain himself - and not just hop around accusing other players.
at this point. all that had happened between priscilla and Tywin was the supposed multiball slip Tywin made, which was obviously not a slip. Priscilla had just misread something. That was the extent of what CPTPicard called a "compelling case". This was an outright lie and I had to go back and read the preceding 2 pages to figure out where priscilla's "compelling case" was. it did not exist. CPTPicard, could you explain this post? Did you agree with priscilla at the time that Tywin had made a multiball scumsclip? Was that the "compelling case" you were referencing.

He then tried to get Tywin modkilled, I don't know how to read that.

After that he votes Fykus, just a couple posts after by priscilla specifically calling out fykus for lurking. Picard gives no reason for his vote. Later he gives the reason "meta" and because Fykus made a "blank vote, no explanations at all". here CptPicard's posts where he has voted
In post 253, CptPicard wrote:Priscilla made a compelling case against VOTE: Tywin Lannister, I want to see him fully explain himself - and not just hop around accusing other players.
In post 606, CptPicard wrote:VOTE: Fykus

All of Fykus's posts scream out to me as being made by scum.
very hypocritical.

Picard has show 0 attempt at scumhunting this game. He has provided no scumreads or townreads on anyone except tywin and Fukus. Tywin he voted for after a "compelling case" from priscilla that never existed. He then voted for Fykus, sheeping priscilla and provided no reasoning. when asked for reasoning, he said meta. There is nothing in his ISO that remotely resembles town play.

so for now VOTE: cptpicard

more to come
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2017 4:26 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 926, mozamis wrote:yeah but exactly why would scum put themsleves in the spotlight like that? I think Gamma winds people up but again, i always think that is more of a town tell than scum tell.
I think its NAI.

Mush whats your read on Zach?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2017 4:42 pm

Mush:
My claim happened when it happened, under the circumstances it happened in. Aka idgaf what you want to think way after the fact. I was the only wagon, got put to L3 by scum naked voters like Gamma (who your TR on without cause, rhyme, or reason looks scummy as all hell to me), and I have been lolhammered by bad players before as a cop, because people don't generally know how to play mafia responsibly. Its just not a game most people are good at or understand past surface level garbage reads. Basically, most of the worlds population are idiots, which is the average bell curve intelligence. Most mafia players are idiots, which is the average bell curve. So idc what you think was appropriate or not long after its over. I may be one of the idiots in the center of the bell curve, but I have reasons to claim before the official 'rule' of L1. Others lolhammer, and scum having done so would be their greatest achievement, even if it got them lynched after.

What I do wanna know is:

Why do you TR Gamma?
Why did you try shading me with opinions not grounded in fact/logic?
What do you think of no CC cop claim in a LARGE game?
Do you know how statistically improbable it would be for this game to not have a cop at all (aka I fake claimed) with this large a player pool?
What's your mafia experience to think a cop claim, with no cc, in a LARGE normal game would even cross your mind as being fake?

Please answer kthxbai
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2017 4:43 pm

That being said, carry on. CptPicard deserves the rope and that alone makes me not SR you.
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2017 4:50 pm

VOTE: CptPicard

Slight chance of Drum not being scum, although i think he is
His style mirrors what I do as scum. Anyways, no chance Picard isn't scum, and I think he has tied votes now.

Let's see if anyone can defend a CptPicard push, and if not, how soon do we start seeing scum bus? Do they at all on D1? I wouldnt, but people love bussing on MS. That's the meta, and CptPicard would be the weak link after gamma who I'd expect scum to bus.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2017 4:54 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

LOL
I'd think I'm a prime bus given my recent scum performances
<Embrace The Void>

mush
mush
Goon
mush
Goon
Goon

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2017 4:57 pm

Post by mush »

DRUMBEATS

So Drumbeats first post was very scummy to me. seemed like he was forcing a reason to vote for Gamma when there was no reason needed he could've just hopped on it and been fine. I agreed strongly with priscilla's #151 about drumbeats also. I found him even more scummy when he started posting those page by page walls, these long posts and the first 4 or 5 he didnt even drop a scumread zzz. But now I have read the whole game I think his deliberate posting style threw me off and he has developed his reads well. it's hard for me to think someone putting in that much sheer fucking wall of texts is mafia tbh. i also think, because of his style, he would be an easy mislynch to push at this stage for mafia, so i def dont like the votes on him.

NOSFERATU

i was finding him scummy reading through and I just looked through his ISO and this is the strongest position he has taken on anyone so far
In post 197, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 191, Priscila wrote:You can ragespam the thread all you want to try to cover your slip, Tywin, it will not prevent your lynch. You didn't just slip multiball. You slipped, very specifically,
two teams
, with yourself being on one of them.
I love how you saw other team and immediately assumed that he was talking about multiple scum teams. Bit of a freudian slip yourself there mate.
VOTE: priscila
wtf is this post. this post is shit. other than this and a recent vote on mislynch he has done absolutely nothing of value so far this game, read the guys posts. he is posting and actively avoiding doing any scumhunting.

RHAZBASH

rhazhbash probably made the single scummiest post of the game so far, and rightfully got hounded for it
In post 70, RhazhBash wrote:Today's lynch should either be Gamma or one of the early Gamma pushers. Gamma hasn't posted anything AI but if he's town at least one of the people pushing him should be scum.
, but it was early and a lot happened and he managed to drift into the background. he then returned to the thread and referenced his previous very scummy post, joking about it, this was 10+ pages afterwards.
In post 753, RhazhBash wrote:
In post 742, Fykus wrote:
In post 712, RhazhBash wrote:Fykus looks more like a weak link for scum to target than actual scum. 623 is a post from Fykus that shows he's just a weak player. I haven't seen him make any scum motivated actions, mainly because he doesn't look like he knows what actions to make at all. Nullread, not in agreement with the current SRs on him.

Caught up to that post.
Thanks i guess. But youre right. Large normals are new to me so im a bit standoffish atm.

Also VOTE: moz

Basically he only posted content after tywin called him out
This vote is enough for me to start scumreading you if moz flips town.

More pre flip associatives, Rhazh must know the alignments of these players before they flip. /sarcasm
this seemed incredibly forced to me. not sure why a bigger wagon didn't develop on this guy.

i thought whymafia looked like mafia early game but it seems that is just meta and the way he plays?

ok so a collection of my reads so far would look something like

town:
gamma, mozamis, nero, priscilla, drumbeats

scum:
picard, nosferatu, rhazhbash

these are reads i can say i am most sure of at this stage, always subject to change

some other players i find scummy are - mulch, peregrinev, fykus

everyone else is somewhat null
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2017 4:59 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Tbh I think I'll just sheep mush today
Will read over Picard myself though first
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2017 5:02 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Yeah not thrilled with Picards ISO
VOTE: CptPicard
<Embrace The Void>

Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2017 5:03 pm

Question is, in a hypothetical situation where both gamma and CptPicard were the two wagons, who would scum bus, and who would they save?

I'd think CptPicard would be dead meat, and gamma lives. More experience, and people somehow understand gamma and his reads as if they ever make sense. People just believe anything if you just pretend sincerity. Mulch TRs everyone he thinks is sincere, even when all their opinions are blatantly wrong and logic is completely absent. Gamma pretends he's unable to understand all logic (he pretends to be an idiot) as scum, and people believe him and make him a TR. Its ridiculous, but it works. I cant fault gamma for doing it, because it goes with his win con. I just cant understand his PoV even when I try hard to, so I think scum.

Gamma, have you ever taken an mbti personality test? Do you know what type you are? Maybe you're the exact opposite of me. If you aren't scum, then it's cuz I'm sorting you wrong.
RhazhBash
RhazhBash
Goon
RhazhBash
Goon
Goon

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2017 5:10 pm

Post by RhazhBash »

@Drum WIFOM doesn't make a bad play good.

Catching up starting from Drum's SR on me.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”