Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2017 5:20 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

There are atleast 3 scum here. Even if you think I am scum who are the others? Charloux and Sling?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
SlingshotWaffles
SlingshotWaffles
Mafia Scum
SlingshotWaffles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2017 5:22 pm

Post by SlingshotWaffles »

UNVOTE:
I just don't know anymore. If Desp is going to be an actual vote, then I can get behind that.

@Tywin being a jackass to everyone isn't going to get you any town points. Also my answers to those questions.
1) If I say people will attack me for setting stuff up before someone is even lynched.
2) I don't particularly think that flavours will be AI, plus I didn't see the claim...?
3) I'm not even sheeping though.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2017 5:31 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

What do you think of Drixx?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

SlingshotWaffles
SlingshotWaffles
Mafia Scum
SlingshotWaffles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2017 5:40 pm

In post 777, Nero Cain wrote:What do you think of Drixx?
I do think that Drixx hasn't been to helpful (then again I haven't done too much either). He doesn't seem townie, but definitely more so than Desp.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2017 6:00 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 769, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 758, Drixx wrote:And I'm sorry but "Ascetic" is short hand for "don't bother investigating me" and is a common scum gambit. I'm allowed to scum read someone who claimed ascetic.
I mean. I've seen scum claim miller, pgo, ascetic and yeah I can buy the whole town being wary of the claim but he claimed this way back on page 1. We are we JUST NOW hearing about how paranoid you are? Like
THIS
is what you should have been talking about earlier this day but you've done nothing but opportunistically bandwagon. Based on this alone I'm leaning voting Drixx over Desp.
What do you think of that Sling?

SlingshotWaffles
SlingshotWaffles
Mafia Scum
SlingshotWaffles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2017 6:12 pm

In post 779, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 769, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 758, Drixx wrote:And I'm sorry but "Ascetic" is short hand for "don't bother investigating me" and is a common scum gambit. I'm allowed to scum read someone who claimed ascetic.
I mean. I've seen scum claim miller, pgo, ascetic and yeah I can buy the whole town being wary of the claim but he claimed this way back on page 1. We are we JUST NOW hearing about how paranoid you are? Like
THIS
is what you should have been talking about earlier this day but you've done nothing but opportunistically bandwagon. Based on this alone I'm leaning voting Drixx over Desp.
What do you think of that Sling?
Must have not seen that. Whereas he does make a good point, it does seem very late to be commenting on it after he lurked (or whatever) the first half, then randomly jumped in and did some shit.
I do think that it could be a result of him reading back and noticing it later, seeing as I have done some of that myself this game.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2017 6:38 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Drixx

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2017 6:41 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

VOTE: DRIXX

Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2017 8:54 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 764, Persivul wrote:
In post 751, Drixx wrote:If, for example, I was actively posting in other games all day but not here in this one, then that would serve as EVIDENCE, so when you want to level that kind of accusation against someone, you literally actually DO want to look at their post history, because it can literally seal the deal and catch scum.
Guys, that warning mod gave me earlier about discussing ongoing games was merely for an activity based observation like this. I know it's allowed in just about every other game here, but this mod doesn't allow it.
The site rule about talking about ongoing games is very clear. It's acceptable to say "X player has been actively posting on site, except for this game" because that makes absolutely no substantive commentary about any other game.

You can find the thread outlining the full post about ongoing games here. The appropriate part of that post is quoted below:
Untrod Tripod wrote:
Discussion of Ongoing Mafia Games is Not Allowed

There are three primary exceptions.

Discussions about Activity

Players may discuss activity in other games in a general sense, including counting how many games a player is alive in. However, this may not mention ANYTHING of substance.

OKAY:
"Zoraster is alive in 4 games and is posting in those games, but he hasn't posted here in 3 days."
NOT OKAY:
"Zoraster is alive in 4 games where he's posting lengthy posts." <The violation here is mentioning that the posts are LONG. This is a substantive statement.>
OKAY:
"I'm alive in 3 games, and I'm having trouble keeping up with all of them."
NOT OKAY:
"I'm in LYLO in a game, so that's taking a lot of my time." <The violation here is mentioning that you're in LYLO. This is a substantive statement.>

Now ... I'm going to go read the rules post for THIS game and see if there's some further rule I somehow missed.

But,
in general
, if you are going to accuse someone of actively lurking and waiting for an opening to make an opportunistic post, it's a really good idea to check and see what they're doing on site. You can literally catch someone who is lurking as a strategy just by simply doing this, and it's
explicitly allowed
site wide.

So it's completely irrelevant what warning you got earlier, because the general point I was making stands.

The fact that wagons on Nero and Desperado simply won't budge is telling. Neither has offered any compelling reasons to town read them. Nobody is expressing a belief that they are town and giving reasons. When wagons won't go and the same person keeps being offered up as a counterwagon, that
generally
means you have a scum team unwilling to bus on your hands. Are both scum? That would be pretty good for us, but I haven't seen Nero do anything that's outright scummy. Moving is vote all over the place is explainable by the fact that the day could end at any second, and no wagon will go. Desperado I'm pretty sure is scum.

We're running out of time here.

@Nero - you've played enough with me that you know what to expect from me as the game continues. You know that I'm ass at day one and improve rapidly as I have actual known info to work with. Join is in lynching Desperado who is pretty certainly scum and stop helping push us into a no lynch. We don't need to have the same fucking arguments tomorrow.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2017 8:57 pm

Post by Drixx »

Rule 8 of this game would not, I think, be violated by saying "Drixx has been inactive sitewide all day" or "Drixx has been active posting elsewhere on site but appears to be avoiding this game". Neither of those statements mention or refer to any other game. They are general activity observations.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2017 10:55 pm

Post by Persivul »

In post 783, Drixx wrote:The site rule about talking about ongoing games is very clear. It's acceptable to say "X player has been actively posting on site, except for this game" because that makes absolutely no substantive commentary about any other game.
Yes, I said that it's allowed in just about every other game. It's not allowed in this game. I have a PM from mod saying so. Why do you think I've been salty about the modding? Getting called out for something that's generally allowed pissed me off.
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2017 11:14 pm

Post by Zachstralkita »

Zachstralkita wrote:

I think it means drealmerz can do it whenever he wants? When he blinks? Or am I dumb

Again we keep acting like we have time we're going to get stuck with nL

Tywin You know how long I was on Nero for and the shit didn't budge cause there's 3 or 4 people that don't want to work with that wagon even with his play? And he claimed the main character? Which isn't worth exactly disregarding

I have no clue why votes are going to Desp

He could have piggybacked on any wagon and avoided all scrutiny

But he pushes Drixx the whole fucking game? Doesn't act charismatic in the least, which scum need. It's survivalism and there's things you don't do?

Drixx has been exceedingly scummy, surface level reads and.... rhhh whatever

Drixx or Nero Cain

Drixx more likely to happen
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2017 11:37 pm

Post by Persivul »

In post 786, Zachstralkita wrote:But he pushes Drixx the whole fucking game? Doesn't act charismatic in the least, which scum need. It's survivalism and there's things you don't do?

Desp barely participated, then came in and put a scum read on another person who had barely participated, and pushed it the whole fucking game...and you find that townie?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2017 12:01 am

Post by Almost50 »

It probably is a NL then.

UNVOTE:

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2017 12:40 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

In post 787, Persivul wrote:
In post 786, Zachstralkita wrote:But he pushes Drixx the whole fucking game? Doesn't act charismatic in the least, which scum need. It's survivalism and there's things you don't do?

Desp barely participated, then came in and put a scum read on another person who had barely participated, and pushed it the whole fucking game...and you find that townie?

That's the point he doesn't give a fuck about any one lol there were multiple things he could have done and one of them would have made a different lynch with no attention drawn on him

That's not how you play scum

He explicitly has only been trying to kill drixx

He even said "either me or drixx. I claim VT"

Out of all he things he could have done before this point

This isn't really a too scum to be scum thing either

Avoiding nl is only net positive we can get from today..
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2017 3:31 am

Post by Tywin Lannister »

So vote Nero and stop wasting town's time.
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2017 3:35 am

Post by Tywin Lannister »

When only a couple people get any votes, and the other option is NL on D1, that should tell you all you need to know. Try to gamesolve for once. Nero is a better lynch than NL, but not to scum. Only scum want him sticking around.

So do what you want, but post game, please learn. The reasons wagons form and the resistance to others is common stuff in Mafia. Please learn. I'm tired of losing games because town won't lynch scum at any point, because they don't know how to read wagons.
SlingshotWaffles
SlingshotWaffles
Mafia Scum
SlingshotWaffles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2017 3:42 am

In post 791, Tywin Lannister wrote:When only a couple people get any votes, and the other option is NL on D1, that should tell you all you need to know. Try to gamesolve for once. Nero is a better lynch than NL, but not to scum. Only scum want him sticking around.

So do what you want, but post game, please learn. The reasons wagons form and the resistance to others is common stuff in Mafia. Please learn. I'm tired of losing games because town won't lynch scum at any point, because they don't know how to read wagons.
NL=little to no info, have to rely on actions, usually gets us nowhere
Scum want him alive because he's scum or he's scummy enough to be lynched as a townie (or neutral if that's a thing here).

My problem is that I don't SR him though.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2017 3:45 am

Post by Drixx »

You find this surprising? Zach has been voting me since RVS. No particular reason. All you need to do is go re-read those couple pages and you will see how crazy scummy Desperado is, and as soon as his wagon picked up a little momentum, you can literally see someone jump in and do their absolute best to halt that momentum and re-direct it to me. Again without any actual reason. And the only reasoning you are offering for the idea that Desperado isn't just bad!scum is that he's stuck with me the whole time.

Well ... duh. He got called out for being inactive and the same post called me out. He then voted me. At a point where there was literally nothing to read me by. It's not like he magically saw something in my posts that didn't exist. There's no merit in sticking to a vote. His choice was to move it off and be in the same boat as Nero (just trying to get anyone but himself lynched) or to 1v1 me. That's pretty lose/lose (but he dug that hole so he can lay down in it).

Meanwhile Zach is being scum read by half the game and says I'm scummy because I didn't make a bunch of posts about him before I put him in my probscum pile? Seriously?

Zach is scummy because just read the fucking game and you'll see why.
Desperado is obvscum for what he did when called out for being inactive (and then again a day later which made other people notice and start voting him)

Like this shit isn't brain surgery guys. Look at who is pushing me despite me softing that my claim if run up to it would be sufficient to keep me from being lynched. If I'm going to die because I'm bad at day one (a fact that most of this playerlist knows, including one of the main people trying to push me in order to avoid his own lynch) and happened to have a shitty week early in this game, then let the scum kill me so we get at least SOME value out of my role.

There's actually a reason to be hesitant to vote me. What has Desperado done or said that makes it make sense that his wagon got hard derailed as soon as it started moving? What has Nero done or said that keeps his wagon from finishing? (He's literally in pure survival mode and putting his vote wherever he thinks a wagon might go each time he shows up. He doesn't have any certainty or reason for the votes. They're just people who aren't him).

Say whatever you want about how bad my day one play is, but at least I can point out actual scummy behavior in the people trying to push a mislynch on me.

P-Edit: Fine. I believe Desperado is the best lynch, but whatever.

VOTE: Nero
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2017 4:10 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

I voted you in rvs it was a rvs vote, stayed there when I believed I was voting Nero Cain

Has nothing to do with you being scum

I haven't really been scumread by half the game, you and two people don't comprise that much

Tywin Lannister wrote:When only a couple people get any votes, and the other option is NL on D1, that should tell you all you need to know. Try to gamesolve for once. Nero is a better lynch than NL, but not to scum. Only scum want him sticking around.

I don't know why the fuck you're talking to me, I was on Nero for the longest when he needed about 3 to lynch

And everyone else was split off into like 5 different wagons because they didn't scumread him or w/e

Now if I get back on and it goes to L it's because people "compromised" and maybe they see we are going to really hit end of Day one with several PR claims and no fucking wagon, not because I magically prevented Nero from being lynched.

VOTE: Nero
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2017 4:14 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

You're kinda forgetting like, at one point you made up a whole thing that I didn't say, pushed that, and ignored the rest of what I said Drixx. I'm not going to think that's not scummy.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2017 5:13 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 787, Persivul wrote:

what does either of our activity levels have to do with anything and why are you just parroting drixx' bullshit right now?
;)
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2017 5:14 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 791, Tywin Lannister wrote:When only a couple people get any votes, and the other option is NL on D1, that should tell you all you need to know. Try to gamesolve for once. Nero is a better lynch than NL, but not to scum. Only scum want him sticking around.

how many times does this style of scumhunting have to be wrong before you fucking change it up??
;)
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2017 5:17 am

Post by Desperado »

and now Drixx is beating randoms even dumber drum of my scbuddies going out of their way to defend me and counter my wagon. It's so unbelievably dumb.
;)
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2017 5:18 am

Post by Desperado »

what do Zach or Dunn scum gain from doing what you've accused them of???

nothing

but they aren't real reads so I can understand why you're struggling so much
;)

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”