Micro 715: Friendly Neighbor 6 (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:00 am

Post by ThinkBig »

Official Vote Count

Flubbernugget
(3): Alchemist21, Raya36, MarioManiac4
Gamma Emerald
(1): Something_Smart
iDanyboy
(1): Flubbernugget

Not Voting
(4): Gamma Emerald, iDanyboy, Draynth, BTD6_maker

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2017-06-08 15:40:54)
I have officially retired this account. My new account is Virtuoso.
BTD6_maker
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:30 am

Post by BTD6_maker »

In post 283, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 280, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 260, Something_Smart wrote:VOTE: Gamma
I honestly don't know where to start here so I'll start on the Mario wagon.
Looking back through Something Smart's posts I don't think this is genuine. He's been pointing out things he finds suspicious in his earlier posts, so I don't see how he could come in with no idea of where to start. Especially when you consider that his vote went on someone he already voiced suspicion on, it seems more like he wanted to place a vote with the safe and easy reason that the person was on the claimed Friendly Neighbor's wagon.
Townies do suspicious things all the time (and my vote is on one of the players I pointed out as being suspicious so I don't know what you expected).

Speaking of suspicious, I see you suspecting me using the safe and easy reason of suspecting me for using the safe and easy reason of having voted the claimed FN to suspect Gamma. (That was supposed to sound clever but instead it just sounds convoluted.)
In post 282, iDanyboy wrote:
In post 279, MarioManiac4 wrote:
In post 272, MarioManiac4 wrote:Dany, who's scum?
I am awaiting the answer to this question. People who are not iDanyBoy may also answer it.
Something_Smart his vote seems random and it doesn't feel like his looking for scum
On the contrary I'm looking for scum because I don't think I've found scum yet.

Turning this question around, what is the scum motivation behind such a vote?
Your reasoning doesn't seem to work. Why would scum have more of a motivation to vote someone who later happened to be the FN? If someone was wrong on one vote that doesn't make them more likely to be scum by any more than a negligible amount.

You do have some other reasoning on Gamma though.
In post 170, Something_Smart wrote:Gamma goes from talking seriously about improving his town performance to being completely sarcastic and uninhibited, and it makes feel not real. (Like he's trying to fake town emotion)
In post 172, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 171, Gamma Emerald wrote:I didn't say I
wanted to improve
, I said I was waiting until I had
a good town game
to do something. I feel that my current townplay is actually not half bad.
Detail irrelevant to my point. Can you talk a bit about your train of thought in those two posts?
Exactly how was Gamma's posting sarcastic and uninhibited? It seemed to be mostly a series of genuine questions (plus, at one point, talking about the difference between reasoning and justification).
"one of these days i'll read you correctly" - Transcend, Micro 714
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:47 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 285, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 283, Something_Smart wrote:and my vote is on one of the players I pointed out as being suspicious
I know that and mentioned as much. The fact that you come in and act like you have no clue where to start when you had several suspicions to work with is what pings me, and the suspicion is strengthened by you voting Gamma with your "no idea where to start" thing when you had established suspicions of them. If you already had those to work then it tells me you were lying about not knowing where to start to try to keep your hands clean.
Townies do suspicious things all the time
Your point being?
My point is that I'm not going to call someone scum just for doing a few things that seem suspicious. (I need something more concrete which I haven't found this game yet.) And if I vote someone just for being suspicious, then I know from experience that that will inevitably lead to confbias.

I'd like to not be voting now but I felt like not enough was happening and when that's the case more vote changes is often a solution to that.
In post 287, Gamma Emerald wrote:I find S_S suspicious rn
Why?
In post 301, BTD6_maker wrote:
In post 283, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 280, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 260, Something_Smart wrote:VOTE: Gamma
I honestly don't know where to start here so I'll start on the Mario wagon.
Looking back through Something Smart's posts I don't think this is genuine. He's been pointing out things he finds suspicious in his earlier posts, so I don't see how he could come in with no idea of where to start. Especially when you consider that his vote went on someone he already voiced suspicion on, it seems more like he wanted to place a vote with the safe and easy reason that the person was on the claimed Friendly Neighbor's wagon.
Townies do suspicious things all the time (and my vote is on one of the players I pointed out as being suspicious so I don't know what you expected).

Speaking of suspicious, I see you suspecting me using the safe and easy reason of suspecting me for using the safe and easy reason of having voted the claimed FN to suspect Gamma. (That was supposed to sound clever but instead it just sounds convoluted.)
In post 282, iDanyboy wrote:
In post 279, MarioManiac4 wrote:
In post 272, MarioManiac4 wrote:Dany, who's scum?
I am awaiting the answer to this question. People who are not iDanyBoy may also answer it.
Something_Smart his vote seems random and it doesn't feel like his looking for scum
On the contrary I'm looking for scum because I don't think I've found scum yet.

Turning this question around, what is the scum motivation behind such a vote?
Your reasoning doesn't seem to work. Why would scum have more of a motivation to vote someone who later happened to be the FN? If someone was wrong on one vote that doesn't make them more likely to be scum by any more than a negligible amount.
Because Mario seemed like an easy lynch and easy lynches that are town are prime places for scum to vote, especially when the overall state of the game is slow.
You do have some other reasoning on Gamma though.
In post 170, Something_Smart wrote:Gamma goes from talking seriously about improving his town performance to being completely sarcastic and uninhibited, and it makes feel not real. (Like he's trying to fake town emotion)
In post 172, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 171, Gamma Emerald wrote:I didn't say I
wanted to improve
, I said I was waiting until I had
a good town game
to do something. I feel that my current townplay is actually not half bad.
Detail irrelevant to my point. Can you talk a bit about your train of thought in those two posts?
Exactly how was Gamma's posting sarcastic and uninhibited? It seemed to be mostly a series of genuine questions (plus, at one point, talking about the difference between reasoning and justification).
The post that I described as sarcastic and uninhibited was :
In post 20, Gamma Emerald wrote:WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE LET'S GET QUICKLYNCHED IN A MICRO AGAIN
Which feels like he might be trying to fake a town response to an early wagon.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:49 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

meh
VOTE: iDanyBoy
in the end his response to my question was unsatisfactory (literally just parroting something he could say) and flubber's
starting
to feel townier
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:50 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Wouldn't uninhibited be towny though?
S_S you seem to be stretching your logic here.
The vote was initially for the weak-ass "vote on the town wagon" idea.
I know I've seen it before just not where exactly.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:54 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

no waiting until someone who has posted an answer to parrot to answer a question, and then parroting their answer, is not towny
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:57 am

Post by Raya36 »

I am still happy with my Flubber vote but I would like to hear some more reads from Dany. The sheepiness I mentioned earlier is honestly making me consider changing my vote but I want to wait to hear from him first.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:07 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 302, Something_Smart wrote:My point is that I'm not going to call someone scum just for doing a few things that seem suspicious. (I need something more concrete which I haven't found this game yet.) And if I vote someone just for being suspicious, then I know from experience that that will inevitably lead to confbias.

I'd like to not be voting now but I felt like not enough was happening and when that's the case more vote changes is often a solution to that.
So when the fuck do you plan on calling people scum? Do you just not scumhunt? And again, this still doesn't explain how someone with suspicions on players can claim they have no idea where to start when placing their vote.

VOTE: Something_Smart[/v]

I want this more than Flubber now, though I could switch back to flubber. Flubber does seem like he's trying to get his last thoughts out which is Towny, but I'm still wary because after I said accepting the lynch is more likely to come from Town with Gamma, I'm not going to say it's impossible scum could be trying to emulate that behavior.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:07 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

VOTE: Something_Smart
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:17 am

In post 307, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 302, Something_Smart wrote:My point is that I'm not going to call someone scum just for doing a few things that seem suspicious. (I need something more concrete which I haven't found this game yet.) And if I vote someone just for being suspicious, then I know from experience that that will inevitably lead to confbias.

So when the fuck do you plan on calling people scum? Do you just not scumhunt? And again, this still doesn't explain how someone with suspicions on players can claim they have no idea where to start when placing their vote.
If you plan on calling people scum then you're doing it wrong. (Or you're scum.) Just because it's been 10 days doesn't make the 13 pages of mostly pointless bickering this game is any easier to read and it doesn't mean everyone has a duty to have a strong scumread.

That said, the last paragraph of this post sets off alarm bells for me:
I want this more than Flubber now, though I could switch back to flubber. Flubber does seem like he's trying to get his last thoughts out which is Towny, but I'm still wary because after I said accepting the lynch is more likely to come from Town with Gamma, I'm not going to say it's impossible scum could be trying to emulate that behavior.
First sentence feels like scum keeping options open rather than town having organic read changes. Second sentence is incredibly shallow and feels very logical and robotic for somebody supposedly afraid of being pocketed.
VOTE: Alchemist
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:20 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 309, Something_Smart wrote:If you plan on calling people scum then you're doing it wrong.
I lol'd.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:22 am

That came out wrong rofl.

I think you know what I meant though: you shouldn't just decide that "I should have some scumreads of X strength now" and then have them.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:23 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

i don't think alchemist is scum
i don't think s_s is scum either
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:24 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

Also, a weakened scumread isn't me keeping options open, it's me considering his newest posts in conjunction with his earlier ones. Logical and maybe even robotic doesn't seem too off the mark for my posts, but shallow? It's shallow to consider the possibilty of scum emulating what someone described as Town behavior earlier in the game?
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:28 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 311, Something_Smart wrote:That came out wrong rofl.

I think you know what I meant though: you shouldn't just decide that "I should have some scumreads of X strength now" and then have them.
I didn't know what you meant. I don't think any other player would come up and say "Yeah I have these suspicions, but I'm going to ignore them because voting one of 2 people on a wagon is a better way of finding scum than following my suspicions."
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:29 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

^^ i'll explain my reads tomorrow
hold me to that
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:10 am

In post 314, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 311, Something_Smart wrote:That came out wrong rofl.

I didn't know what you meant. I don't think any other player would come up and say "Yeah I have these suspicions, but I'm going to ignore them because voting one of 2 people on a wagon is a better way of finding scum than following my suspicions."
It's not ignoring them, it's just like, if all you have are vague suspicions, they're more likely noise than signal. And the vote on Gamma was a vote to get the game moving (and possibly get reactions) rather than an actual vote based on a scumread.

And now I'm liking your responses so I feel like this one might be noise too :shifty:
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:40 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

S_S's case on Alchemist fails to consider the Alchemist!town narrative.
S_S isn't scum based upon typing his sentence wrong although I guess I don't get the gamma vote either.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:42 am

What it is is I can't lock onto any scumreads and I feel useless.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:45 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

just scumread the confirmed town, works for flubbernugget /s
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:04 am

ok I'm feeling more town on Alchemist and I don't like to sheep but I'm pretty sure this is like the perfect time to sheep so
iDanyboy
iDanyboy
Goon
iDanyboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:37 am

Post by iDanyboy »

In post 320, Something_Smart wrote:ok I'm feeling more town on Alchemist and I don't like to sheep but I'm pretty sure this is like the perfect time to sheep so
You vote me for sheeping while sheeping?
I agree with a lot of what Alchemist is posting (280) and didn't have much to add onto that, this is also making me see him as a townie.
In post 318, Something_Smart wrote:What it is is I can't lock onto any scumreads and I feel useless.
I'd like to know what changed your vote from Alchemist to me?
In post 302, Something_Smart wrote:Because Mario seemed like an easy lynch and easy lynches that are town are prime places for scum to vote, especially when the overall state of the game is slow.
What makes you think he was an easy lynch? He only had two votes on him at that time and I unvoted shortly after.

VOTE: SS
He switches his votes from people to people with very little reasoning and his responses' to Alchemist seem like scum.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:38 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:52 am

Post by Raya36 »

Voting somethingsmart. Dany acting a little sheepy is one thing but sheeping on someone for sheeping is a whole other story. SS, if you have any reasons to vote for Dany besides him acting sheepy earlier please tell us.
Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:08 am

Post by Draynth »

THAT IS L-1

So people can't use 'I didn't know' as an excuse
"just got my hands in cooking! feel free to give me suggestions. So far completed: noodle in soup, noodle stuffed clam over noodle, red white and bluedle american noodle, hot brown noodle"

Brand New, Improved, Totally Awesome GTKAS

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”