Mini 1916: Buttersnap Shitfuckery (Game over, Town win!)

Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:34 am

Post by Belisarius »

Bumping over the count...

Petit: but I'm too drunk to post a VC!

The VC hath taken no damage!

but really...
Official Vote Count 1.15

Rautherdir: (2)
Chickadee, Jesus Christ
Aristophanes: (1)
schadd_
Shadoweh: (2)
Almost Chara, Chimchar
schadd_: (4)
Shadoweh, Vegito, Piggygal15, Leonshade
Vegito: (1)
Prism
Piggygal15: (1)
Aristophanes
Prism: (2)
Socrates, Deadline Delivery
Socrates: (1)
Rautherdir

Not Voting:

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline:
(expired on 2017-06-12 15:05:00)

Mod Notes:

None
Vegito
Vegito
Goon
Vegito
Goon
Goon

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:43 am

Post by Vegito »

In post 448, Socrates wrote:The first thing I want to see is merely how much work Scum!Nacho is willing to put into fabricating reads, though of course I hope to find more than that.
This game is probably a better example of my typical scumgame if that's what you're looking for in particular but in general I'm willing to put in the work whenever I have time.
Vegeta: Kaka-carrot cake! When I... When I was just a little boy... He... HE DIDN'T INVITE ME TO HIS BIRTHDAY PARTY!
Goku: YOU MONSTER FRIZBEE!
Frieza: The cake was delicious!
Vegito
Vegito
Goon
Vegito
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:58 am

Post by Vegito »

In post 417, Prism wrote:This is missing my second piece which is what makes it not so unreasonable in my opinion. I'll elaborate: It's not that you didn't use it optimally, it's that you didn't try to use it at all. You gave it for the sake of giving it. There's something to be said for giving something for the sake of giving something as town, but from what I can recall this isn't your modus operandi. The times when you do give weaker reads, they tend to be either elaborated on, not for the sake of others but for exploring your own thoughts, or very strong.
Your observation on why I talk about reads the way I do is a very strong an accurate one; how I talk about them is not quite accurate but I'm not sure if our games together demonstrate differently.
Vegeta: Kaka-carrot cake! When I... When I was just a little boy... He... HE DIDN'T INVITE ME TO HIS BIRTHDAY PARTY!
Vegito
Vegito
Goon
Vegito
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:59 am

Post by Vegito »

In post 417, Prism wrote:Cute. Much like Belisarius's opening video.
I've been pretty proud of my general shit talking this game!!!
Vegito
Vegito
Goon
Vegito
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:02 pm

Post by Vegito »

In post 419, Prism wrote:Concur on Nacho to an extent. Some of the posts-particularly that one wall of reads-tried, but in general I get the same feeling.
Which reads in that wall do you feel were lacking my usual depth?
Vegito
Vegito
Goon
Vegito
Goon
Goon

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:05 pm

Post by Vegito »

In post 406, Deadline Delivery wrote:Nacho's read on me is fake
Why do you think that my read on you is fake?
I can see how it can look pretty bullshit from an outsider's perspective considering the whole "reading this as not your scum meta when I've never played with you as scum or read your scum game" thing but you have experience with me reading you for similar crazy reasons in a pretty recent game.
Vegito
Vegito
Goon
Vegito
Goon
Goon

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:13 pm

Post by Vegito »

In post 444, Shadoweh wrote:
In post 422, Deadline Delivery wrote: kiiiinda sounds like "hey you're actually wrong on one of your scumreads there buddy" so maybe I can just go hey why you so cheekyyyy Shadoweh
In post 333, Shadoweh wrote:Yeah, it kind of sucks that we're not the same alignment though. You could have neighbourized me and we'd have a party like old times. What's it like being stuck talking to Prism and [redacted] all night?
VOTE: Prism
Being cheeky and dramatic is the only way I have fun in these games. You should understand since your posting also seems to be the 'rub people the wrong way to make them react to you' style. Are you a Katsuki alt or something?
this was an excellent post and deserves recognition
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:18 pm

Post by Prism »

I really shouldn't be on MS right now but I got asked about my avatar, and it's a story I'd love to tell. I've got a lot of other things to say but I'm choosing to wait until I'm more free. I really just can't resist this, though.

It's not game related at all, so you can skip it, but it is very interesting:
Spoiler: The Story Behind My Avatar
In post 437, Vegito wrote:What prompted the avatar change Prism? Who is your new avatar?
I've been shopping around for a new one for awhile but couldn't find one to my liking until now, and I'm really glad you asked! There's a really interesting story behind it. The person pictured is Sakamoto Kyū, the singer of "Ue o Muite Arukō," a worldwide number one hit in the early 1960s, and the only Japanese song to top the charts in the US. Usually translated as "I Look Up As I Walk," the song's lyrics are sorrowful but rather vague and generic (purposefully, it turns out). Lamenting his current sadness, Sakamoto looks up not only to hide his tears, but towards better days. What makes the song fascinating is that it was written in the wake of failed student protests in opposition to the signing of the Treaty of Mutual Cooperation and Security Between the United States and Japan, or Anpo, which signaled the persistence of Japanese dependency on the US for security, and with it continued US military occupation. The lyricist, Ei Rokusuke, purposefully made the dejection and lament of the singer applicable to basically anything, giving it widespread appeal.

Where it
really
gets interesting is in its rise to become a worldwide #1. First recorded in 1961, it was brought to England in 1963 after . Because no European country was going to remember the name "Ue o Muite Arukō", rather than just translating the name the recording company decided to capitalize on its East Asian exoticism and instead named it "Sukiyaki," the name of a Japanese dish...despite having absolutely nothing to do with food. Despite its underlying anti-US sentiment, the song went on to become a worldwide #1, including in the United States. To give you a kind of comparison, discarding the anti-US sentiment element as that was purposefully written out, it'd be a lot like someone releasing Sinatra's "Fly Me To The Moon" in Japan and titling it "Hamburger". Sakamoto enjoyed a few years of international fame as a result but unfortunately better days were not to come, as he would never repeat this level of success. He died in 1985, still only 45, a victim of the crash of Japan Airlines Flight 123, one of the deadliest aviation accidents of all time. His death was largely overshadowed by the incident and its aftermath.

Still, the song provided a powerful, global message to the politically active youth of the 1960s: Despite how powerless they may feel now with the status quo, better days would come. For the American youth, the Vietnam War eventually came to an end and global stability largely followed. For the Japanese, while US occupation of Japanese soil continues to this day, the treaty fostered not only the strongest alliance in East Asia but also runaway economic growth domestically through increased trade and cooperation with the US-something Sakamoto
was
fortunate enough to see.

I think it's a very special portrait. It was taken in 1961, before the international explosion of "Sukiyaki". Sakamoto is youthful, handsome, and optimistic, looking forward much in the way "Ue o Muite Arukō". He had no idea just how big it would become. He had no idea that he would become a symbol, not just of an unempowered youth but of the return of Japan to the global stage as a cultural and economic force.

Of course, it's hard not to just make my avatar a heart drawn around Belisarius, but I don't think it'd do him justice. It's impossible to sum up his qualities in 120x100 pixels, and I would never dare try.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:20 pm

Post by Prism »

Spoiler: EBWOP
In post 457, Prism wrote:First recorded in 1961, it was brought to England in 1963 after a tour of Japan by an English record executive.
Deadline Delivery
Deadline Delivery
Goon
Deadline Delivery
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:59 pm

Post by Deadline Delivery »

In post 435, Prism wrote:@nancy: Pretty awful dodge of my question there. You're right, it was meant to suggest that at least one of your reads on me/Vegito is wrong. Can you guess which one I think it is?

Also contradicted yourself a bit. Quoted meta reason for my being scum was that I "didn't have the fire". First thing you pointed to was, your description not mine, me "going full ham with a D1 hardbus". These seem pretty similar to me, and again my PM to you shows exactly how prideful I am when it comes to flipping scum vs. stacked tables. And again, there are cases where I did not bring the fire as town until later down the line. What exactly is it that points to this being my scum meta?

I don't think either of these are AI, just big problems when it comes to sorting me correctly. Can you actually engage with me here rather than simply tunnel?

Whenever I eventually die, and I see the light at the end of the tunnel...I hope Belisarius is that light
Meta stuff was just a joke.
In post 440, Leonshade wrote:nancy-head thought Vegito was scum, what if I'm his buddy who voteparked on him for ages, doing so for weak reasons even after I rescinded my SR? (Sorta irrelevant after nancy-head stopped SRing Vegito).
My read hasn't changed and I wouldn't call it an SR so much as a scumlean.
In post 444, Shadoweh wrote:Being cheeky and dramatic is the only way I have fun in these games. You should understand since your posting also seems to be the 'rub people the wrong way to make them react to you' style. Are you a Katsuki alt or something?
I thought *I* was being cheeky and dramatic :( :(
In post 456, Vegito wrote:this was an excellent post and deserves recognition
Sorry.
Deadline Delivery
Deadline Delivery
Goon
Deadline Delivery
Goon
Goon

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:01 pm

Post by Deadline Delivery »

In post 455, Vegito wrote:
In post 406, Deadline Delivery wrote:Nacho's read on me is fake
Why do you think that my read on you is fake?
I can see how it can look pretty bullshit from an outsider's perspective considering the whole "reading this as not your scum meta when I've never played with you as scum or read your scum game" thing but you have experience with me reading you for similar crazy reasons in a pretty recent game.
Nah in that game your thought process regarding me was super clear, I could see exactly the legwork you were doing to arrive at the read and the emotion with which you went about it expressing it was just completely genuine and I was only paranoid about you to any degree there because it seemed almost too good to be true. There was so much fucking nuance and you were just coming up with it all on the fly. Here you were like "well she's being a goofball so that means.. kinda not much but she might be town but it's not a real read" and that's pretty much it. That's how I read it anyway. Didn't feel like you did any actual work there. Ditto for your other reads. Reasoning feels more ad-hoc across the board than what I've seen from town!you. But I say this with the caveat that I am not really putting effort into the game so if you are in fact Town then I apologize for having the wrong read and not groking it properly. I'm not pushing you or anyone for a reason. I didn't plan on being here in thread but I have to be until Math starts playing. I'll cut the threadshitting since it seems to just be annoying to everyone.
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:41 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

In post 448, Socrates wrote: Leonshade's is being a little TOO annoyed at being town-read for my liking. Maybe he's taking it as an insult to his caliber as a player?
Being paranoid about being seen as town is pretty typical though, it seems like regular paranoid suspicion to me.

Did schadd like, quit or something? This whole 'lurk until the wagon goes away' isn't working so if he's still here he should try something else. :D
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:18 am

Post by Belisarius »

Speaking of which...
prodding schadd_
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:24 am

Post by schadd_ »

hello

v busy the last few days, will post a thing tonight

if belisarius were a participant in a dog show he would get the
stupid dumbfuck
award
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: tired person

Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:29 am

Post by Chickadee »

Schadd, when you come back can you give us some reads?
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:50 am

Post by Almost Chara »

Mod, we're voting Radical Rat, not shaddow.

anyway. hello all, i'm still sick but making an effort to give Almost a good baseline.
anything interesting happen while i was away?
~Chara
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
Win:Loss
]
T 2:2
S 1:1
3P 1:0
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:51 am

Post by Almost Chara »

oh, he replaced out. it's not in the OP.
never mind then.
UNVOTE:
~Chara
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
Win:Loss
]
T 2:2
S 1:1
3P 1:0
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:04 am

Post by Belisarius »

In post 465, Almost Chara wrote:
Mod, we're voting Radical Rat, not shaddow.

anyway. hello all, i'm still sick but making an effort to give Almost a good baseline.
anything interesting happen while i was away?
~Chara
In post 466, Almost Chara wrote:oh, he replaced out. it's not in the OP.
never mind then.
UNVOTE:
~Chara
^.^

Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:24 am

Post by Leonshade »

I t-think Nacho looks town here compared to my *urrp* reference of his scum play. I don't know if this game is outside the scope of his scum play, but his reads here seem better developed than in OotS. Townleaning the slot for now.
In post 448, Socrates wrote:Leonshade's is being a little TOO annoyed at being town-read for my liking.
:)
In post 449, Socrates wrote:Frankly I looked at that interaction and went "Leon is town" in my head myself without having any history with him as a player at all. Throwing the first punch while still talking it out with his target and ultimately showing doubt -> Town.
Oh :(

@Prism:
Thanks for that story, really interesting.
"I still cant believe Leonshade just talked his way out of getting lynched by posting Lion King gifs"
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:29 am

Post by Leonshade »

In post 461, Shadoweh wrote:
In post 448, Socrates wrote: Leonshade's is being a little TOO annoyed at being town-read for my liking. Maybe he's taking it as an insult to his caliber as a player?
Being paranoid about being seen as town is pretty typical though, it seems like regular paranoid suspicion to me.
It's half t-tongue-in-cheek. When I've *urrp* questioned people on it, it's been less paranoia and more trying to understand their reasoning, so I can try to sort them.
"I still cant believe Leonshade just talked his way out of getting lynched by posting Lion King gifs"
- Vecna
Chimchar
Chimchar
Goon
Chimchar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:22 am

Post by Chimchar »

omg Shadoweh replaced into the slot I was voting. That made my day
In memory of Chimchar, Radja's character pick in Survivor: Eon

"My only hope is that someone got AIDS" - Chimchar, Mafia Poisoner
Chimchar
Chimchar
Goon
Chimchar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:39 am

Post by Chimchar »

In post 314, Vegito wrote:
In post 275, Chimchar wrote:
In post 257, Vegito wrote:You seem to be actively invested in not moving the game forward and your questions seem like busywork.
I went on V/LA on page 5, how did you get to that conclusion?
Your posts previous to your V/LA, where the game was trying to move out of RVS and entities such as yourself kept dragging it back in like posts here. Or here with your dumb naked vote that if you blinked you missed it. And of course your stupid do-nothing questions that you never followed up on. So, your
entire iso.

And before you go "wait wait wait but I just asked DeadDel to respond to that last one!!!11!!!one" that was
almost 200 posts ago and two days passed between you asking that question and going on V/LA
. The only reason you're making a stink now is because I'm bringing the pressure on you that wasn't there before, and while you scoured your ISO trying to figure out why I'm scumreading you, you conveniently decided now would be a great time to start playing the game.
In post 277, Chimchar wrote:Leaning town on DD, Leon, Ari and Vegito
Leaning scum on Rauth and Radical Rat
How are you townreading someone you haven't interacted with except to ask why they're scumreading you for reasons you obviously think are bullshit?
Oh please... All of that stuff was RVS, because that was the game state when I went on V/LA. And I didn't follow up on that question because I was on V/LA. Your scumread on me makes no sense at all. I conveniently decided to play the game because I came back from V/LA...

I'm townreading you because I see the stuff I need to see from town Nacho. Do you think I can't have a read on someone based on their interactions with others?

Reminder to self to start reading from page 14. I have stuff to attend to. Later

Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:53 am

Post by Leonshade »

In post 471, Chimchar wrote:
Your scumread on me makes no sense at all.
I conveniently decided to play the game because I came back from V/LA...

I'm townreading you
because I see the stuff I need to see from town Nacho.
T-these two things seem *urrp* contradictory. If his read makes no sense, why are you not suspicious of his alignment?
- Vecna
Chimchar
Chimchar
Goon
Chimchar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:19 am

Post by Chimchar »

In post 472, Leonshade wrote:
In post 471, Chimchar wrote:
Your scumread on me makes no sense at all.
I conveniently decided to play the game because I came back from V/LA...

I'm townreading you
because I see the stuff I need to see from town Nacho.
T-these two things seem *urrp* contradictory. If his read makes no sense, why are you not suspicious of his alignment?
I think Majiffy might have been pushing me for bs reasons to get more out of me, I fully realize I haven't been the most active one out there. So it doesn't bother me too much. On the other side I have more confidence in my ability to read Nacho. So far I like what I'm seeing.

Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:23 am

Post by Belisarius »

bumping over the count

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”