Newbie 1797: Space | Endgame

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:54 pm

Post by ThinkBig »

VC 2.01

Comet Clark is near the Edge
Image Credit & Copyright: Raul Villaverde Fraile

Explanation: Sweeping through this stunning field of view, Comet 71P/Clark really is in the foreground of these cosmic clouds. The 2 panel telescopic mosaic is color enhanced and is about 5 degrees (10 full moons) across. It captures the faint comet's position on the night of May 23/24 over 5 light-minutes from Earth, very near the line-of-sight to bright star Antares and the Rho Ophiuchi cloud complex. In the frame Antares, also known as Alpha Scorpii, is at bottom center surrounded by a dusty cosmic cloud reflecting the cool giant star's yellowish light. Globular star cluster M4 shines just right of Antares, but M4 lies some 7,000 light-years away compared to Antares' 500 light-year distance. Slightly closer than Antares, Rho Ophiuchi's bluish starlight is reflected by the dust in molecular clouds toward the top. You can spot the small coma and short tail of the comet as a faint smudge near the center of the left edge of the frame. Just look for the comet's striking greenish color, produced as diatomic carbon molecules fluoresce in sunlight.

Human Sequencer
(1): TesXX
TesXX
(1): NotTheRealPaul

Not Voting
(6): Human Sequencer, esires, Dunkerdoodles, Not Chara, skitter30, Drixx

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2017-06-20 22:26:56)
Last edited by ThinkBig on Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have officially retired this account. My new account is Virtuoso.
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:56 pm

Post by Not Chara »

why does hammering later matter? there's no difference. Draynth flipped VT, they would have claimed VT, and dunker had already claimed at that point (and the scumteam would know if this claim was real or not).
hammering on purpose more quickly to accomplish any of what you just said, that is a terrible scum plan.

assuming dunker is scum in this scenario, Human hammering to avoid a counterclaim is... again it's a terrible plan, it's way too obvious and cements them as partners early on. Human wouldn't make it to lylo, let alone win.
assuming dunker is town, the scum utility is what exactly, in the early hammer?
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: all

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:57 pm

Post by Human Sequencer »

V worried about the chara while knight here

Chara reads?
nah
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:57 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

Tess...I think you're looking too far into it.

Like I think HS freaked cuz deadline and hammered. Not the right decision but it wasnt the worst.

Not tryna say HS isnt scum, but I think you're too focused on it.

BTW can someone answer my question on JK mechanics in regards to scum and NKs
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:59 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

HS worried about Chara the white knoght after the whole dunkers situation.

Kinda ironic IMO.

Agree though chara u need to conteibute some reads.

@Tess I think you're getting tunnel vision again. We dont need a repeat of D1 where you all you talk about really is one thing.
TesXX
TesXX
Mafia Scum
TesXX
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:00 pm

Post by TesXX »

How would waiting for a CC be risky? Human could wait for a CC, if no one CCs before deadline she hammers.

Give me time to respond to everything guys.
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:00 pm

Post by Not Chara »

your thought process here makes no sense. at best you're arguing it was anti-town, but in hindsight it just wasn't. someone
could
have counterclaimed, but they won't.
if Draynth had claimed a PR, there would be no lynch, or there'd be a lynch due to time constraints. it would be different if dunker was still on the table for the lynch at that point, but it was Draynth or nothing.
in a no lynch, it would be a 1v1 between dunker and Draynth (assuming you're town), and that's no better for Human.

pedit: looking at Paul, Tes, and dunker right now for scum, Human. you're also on my radar but Tes's case makes so little sense i'm feeling a fervor i haven't felt since i started playing this game.
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:01 pm

I towbars dunked and didn't want him dead because he was a strong tr

Chats hasn't really outed a read on me, and it's reading a little faked kinda?

Need to look closer wgrb home
nah
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:02 pm

Tes is town if no cc
nah
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:03 pm

Post by Not Chara »

In post 513, NotTheRealPaul wrote:I think with a no kill most likely explanation was tess wass shot. Either that or they tried to shoot dunkey though so he mighta jailed the killing scum? Not sure exactly how the mechanics work but thats a possible explanation right?
if dunker had targeted the scum making the kill, that kill would have failed.
however, if both Tes and dunker are town, scum have a roleblocker, who would obviously have targeted dunker.

also, i'm amending my list, Tes and dunker can't both be scum. and i forgot about Drixx.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:03 pm

Tess it was 4 hrs to deadline, nobody else was around and I wanted to go to sleep

If that's scum indicative lynch me now
nah
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:04 pm

Post by Not Chara »

i just outed a read on you, Human. you're not in my scumlist but you're not in my townpile like skitter and esires.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:05 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

In post 530, TesXX wrote:How would waiting for a CC be risky? Human could wait for a CC, if no one CCs before deadline she hammers.

Give me time to respond to everything guys.
Why do you assume HS would just have a few hours to sit and wait for a cc?

RL could've been a factor too.

And Chara brings up good points in that it barely changes anything whether dunkers gets cc'd now or then. Because at that point I doubt there woulda been a rapid vote switch in the final few hours of deadline

pedit: @NC thanks. What list though? And I forgot about Drixx. If he really is gonna start contributing now, Im windering why scum simply didnt kill them off.

RBer trumps JK if they target each other right?
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:06 pm

Post by ThinkBig »

In post 537, NotTheRealPaul wrote:RBer trumps JK if they target each other right?
Correct.
I have officially retired this account. My new account is Virtuoso.
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:08 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

nvm i missed one of your posts entirely NC

pedit: thanks tb
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:08 pm

If tes has no cc, scum shot tess

Were on evens, worth considering no lunch

Not sure on that atm tho
nah
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:11 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

In post 540, Human Sequencer wrote:If tes has no cc, scum shot tess

Were on evens, worth considering no lunch

Not sure on that atm tho
wut

if anything tess shouldnt be anymore confirmed by dunkey claim. just cuz this would mean top row is a much more real possibility. still super unlikely though but just sayin

@nv could you explain your SRs?
TesXX
TesXX
Mafia Scum
TesXX
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:12 pm

Post by TesXX »

In post 524, Human Sequencer wrote:It was 4 hrs difference and I wanted to fogging go to sleep dide
But I said I was going to be back for deadline. I could've stopped a nolynch if needed.
In post 478, TesXX wrote:I think I'm going to bed. I will be back for deadline considering the time I usually get up
In post 527, Human Sequencer wrote:V worried about the chara while knight here
I also could see this as redirecting attention of of you onto someone for defending you.
In post 528, NotTheRealPaul wrote:Tess...I think you're looking too far into it.

Like I think HS freaked cuz deadline and hammered. Not the right decision but it wasnt the worst.
But there was still a few hours left.
I think you're too focused on it.[/quote]
It's called "not ignoring stuff".
In post 529, NotTheRealPaul wrote:@Tess I think you're getting tunnel vision again. We dont need a repeat of D1 where you all you talk about really is one thing.
Don't care if it's just one thing. The fact that they only did it once doesn't validate it. Quality over quantity. Or in this case, lack of quality over lack of quantity.
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:12 pm

Post by Not Chara »

list of slots i'm looking at for scum, Paul. some of your posts bothered me before deadline yesterday, but i'd forgotten about your posts about Human, which i still like.

Drixx would have been a strange kill to see, considering his position going into night.

pedit: either scum shot Tes, dunker protected someone, or scum no killed.
Human, why would Tes have a counterclaim on day 2?
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:16 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

In post 543, Not Chara wrote:list of slots i'm looking at for scum, Paul. some of your posts bothered me before deadline yesterday, but i'd forgotten about your posts about Human, which i still like.

Drixx would have been a strange kill to see, considering his position going into night.

pedit: either scum shot Tes, dunker protected someone, or scum no killed.
Human, why would Tes have a counterclaim on day 2?
could you point out the particular posts? I feel like I saw a similar statement from you D1 and you never got specific
TesXX
TesXX
Mafia Scum
TesXX
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:16 pm

Post by TesXX »

In post 531, Not Chara wrote:if Draynth had claimed a PR, there would be no lynch, or there'd be a lynch due to time constraints.
Dunkey could've gotten lynched day 1 if Draynth counter claimed.
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:20 pm

Post by Not Chara »

In post 541, NotTheRealPaul wrote:@nv could you explain your SRs?
dunker is one from day 1, that i felt better about going toward the Picard/Draynth lynch. i'll wait until dunker posts and outs his target before saying more.
Tes's Human push bothers me, but the most recent post reminded me that they weren't on the Draynth wagon, which i'd thought initially. i still think it's a silly thing to press but it's slightly
less
unimaginable to me now.
Drixx, i have no read on, which i'm hoping to change today now that we have more information and a flip (meaning Drixx has something to work with).
yourself, i just explained. i was townreading you for most of day 1 i remember, but some later posts caught my eye, which i'll go into once i get a foothold for today.
Human is null, i suppose. i guess i shouldn't let a vote i don't like stop me from looking at that properly.
esires and skitter are townreads.

pedit: yes, i'll get to that.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:21 pm

Post by Not Chara »

In post 545, TesXX wrote:
In post 531, Not Chara wrote:if Draynth had claimed a PR, there would be no lynch, or there'd be a lynch due to time constraints.
Dunkey could've gotten lynched day 1 if Draynth counter claimed.
put yourself into the shoes of a dunker/Human scumteam where dunker has fakeclaimed jailkeeper and Draynth is a possible unclaimed jailkeeper, and try to figure out why this makes no sense.
if Draynth had flipped jailkeeper today, i'd be lynching Human. we would all be lynching Human. Human would choose this why?
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
TesXX
TesXX
Mafia Scum
TesXX
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:24 pm

Post by TesXX »

Why would we all be lynching human after a day 2 Draynth JK flip?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:27 pm

Post by skitter30 »

Hey, I'm here. (I'll be around on and off; I have an insane amount of homework I should be doing).

General thoughts about the quickhammer/flip.

1. HS hammered like four hours before the deadline. Given the time constraints and the fact that many people probably wouldn't be checking in before deadline, I thought that this was the only lynch that was realistically happening at the time that I went to sleep (I can break down why this is the case later if you guys want). Tess, would you have switched to a Picard lynch? If you were the only person around at hammertime and Draynth hadn't shown up to claim, would you have hammered to prevent a no-lynch despite the lack of claim from Draynth? I didn't really think that between HS hammering and Tess showing up that other players would have shown up who could have potentially cc'd. (Namely, Drixx, esires, and NC.). I really don't like the way the lynch happened (as I described in my posts that night), but I don't know if I can fault HS for the way it happened, although I kinda wish he'd waited until Tess woke up. I also have no idea what timezone HS is in, so that might not have been feasible. I also hate the fact that Dunker claimed when he did, and I also hate the fact that we left the lynch until the deadline.

2. @HS: You strongly believed Picard/Draynth was scum, and I asked you if he flipped town, where you'd look for scum. You wanted to wait until we actually saw a flip. Now that he flipped town, where do you want to look for scum? In , you implied that if Picard was scum, I might be his partner. How does the Picard flip affect this opinion? Namely, what do you currently think about me?

3. Can someone explain to me what 'white knighting' means? I saw the term thrown around in my last game as well, but I still don't get what it means.

I have a lot to say about the recent posts, but that'll come later.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”