Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1575 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:26 am

Post by Transcend »

i have no reference but that game

pedit: his tone feels towny, his progression feels towny, i don't think he's fabricating any of his play. inconsistency =/= mafia. town can be sloppy just like mafia.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1576 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:29 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 1575, Transcend wrote:pedit: his tone feels towny, his progression feels towny, i don't think he's fabricating any of his play. inconsistency =/= mafia. town can be sloppy just like mafia.
What does a town tone appear as?
What examples of posts are town tone?
Saying someone isn't fabricating doesn't warrant an obvious town statue.
Do you think I'm fabricating my reads?
I claim scum \o/
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1577 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:30 am

Post by Transcend »

fuck u

just trust me
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1578 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:32 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 1577, Transcend wrote:fuck u

just trust me
</3
If I was confident in you being town, I would trust you here.
However, I feel that I may need to take this into my own hands today.
If Chilly flips scum today, what's your view on the players than?
I claim scum \o/
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1579 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:32 am

Post by Vedith »

Then.
I claim scum \o/
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1580 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:40 am

Post by Vedith »

UNVOTE: Chilly

I might be conftable with not lynching Chilly today.
I claim scum \o/
PMysterious
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1581 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:42 am

Post by PMysterious »

UNVOTE: Gamma

Looking back, I probably took the whole thing a bit too seriously, considering that this is only the first day. I'll give out reads later.
Show
PM, here with a calmer nature.

Modded Games
Open 469: Medical Mafia
Open 698: Stack the Deck

Currently Modding Games
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1582 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:42 am

Post by Transcend »

I don't know man

I haven't considered scum!chill. My play this game has been engineered on town!chill.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1583 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:44 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 1582, Transcend wrote:I don't know man

I haven't considered scum!chill. My play this game has been engineered on town!chill.
Don't do that. Otherwise you will get side tracked.
Going by the reasons you've stated so far, you should not be having Chilly as obvioustown.
I claim scum \o/
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1584 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:44 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 1581, PMysterious wrote:UNVOTE: Gamma

Looking back, I probably took the whole thing a bit too seriously, considering that this is only the first day. I'll give out reads later.
Why should we not push a lynch on you?
I claim scum \o/
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1585 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:48 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 1561, Transcend wrote:9. WhyMafia - i thhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnkkkkkkkkkkkk ttttttooooooooooowwwwwwwwn
What's town here, Trans?
I claim scum \o/
PMysterious
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1586 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:58 am

Post by PMysterious »

In post 1584, Vedith wrote:

I don't have the best reasons to give out for this type of question without making it seem like I'm being super defensive.

The question shouldn't just be a "why not", but more so a "why" and "why not".

To answer why you should push a lynch on me, I'm a weak guy and not exactly the most defensive, but that will also mean scum will likely jump on the wagon (and probably hammer me), making it easier to point them out.

For why you shouldn't, I am not the best player for a large playing group, but as the number decreases, I'm certain I'll get better (not just in the game, but also at understanding the players in this game).
Show

Modded Games

Currently Modding Games
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1587 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:02 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

BTW I'm prob gonna focus on townhunting rn so I can possibly do the jam session thing Ginngie stated
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1588 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:05 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 1586, PMysterious wrote:

I don't have the best reasons to give out for this type of question without making it seem like I'm being super defensive.

To answer why you should push a lynch on me, I'm a weak guy and not exactly the most defensive, but that will also mean scum will likely jump on the wagon (and probably hammer me), making it easier to point them out.

For why you shouldn't, I am not the best player for a large playing group, but as the number decreases, I'm certain I'll get better (not just in the game, but also at understanding the players in this game).
I'm not interested in why we should lynch you. Regardless, there's no right answer there.
So you developed reads better over time? If you had to make a shot today on someone, kill them out right,. Who and why?
Also what is your understanding to what has happened in the game to date?
I claim scum \o/
PMysterious
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1589 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:10 am

Post by PMysterious »

In post 1588, Vedith wrote:
In post 1586, PMysterious wrote:

I'm not interested in why we should lynch you. Regardless, there's no right answer there.
So you developed reads better over time? If you had to make a shot today on someone, kill them out right,. Who and why?
Also what is your understanding to what has happened in the game to date?

My developed reads get better over time, when I have more of a chance to look at things that are mentioned. One thing might slip through the cracks.

If I had to take a shot against someone, I'd probably go with either Trans or Gamma. Gamma for the fluff and very defensive way of thinking, and Trans falls into that same category, especially with the "trust me" post.

My understanding to what has happened in this game is kinda hard to grasp, especially with so many posts (most of which I'm noticing contain some form of fluff). I'm not one for chaos, but this game has definitely started with so much activity (which is to be expected). This is why I am doing an ISO check on everyone in the game for my reads.
Show

Modded Games

Currently Modding Games
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1590 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:11 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Both of those choices are bad
Also what makes you think I have a defensive way of thinking
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1591 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:15 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 1590, Gamma Emerald wrote:Also what makes you think I have a defensive way of thinking
Really? :giggle:
I claim scum \o/
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1592 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:16 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 1589, PMysterious wrote:My understanding to what has happened in this game is kinda hard to grasp, especially with so many posts (most of which I'm noticing contain some form of fluff). I'm not one for chaos, but this game has definitely started with so much activity (which is to be expected). This is why I am doing an ISO check on everyone in the game for my reads.
I understand that but as of now, what has happened in the game to your understanding?
This can include, claims, bad pushes, good pushes, wagons etc.

I just want to know what level you have been paying attention.
I claim scum \o/
MuttonChopMagic
MuttonChopMagic
Goon
MuttonChopMagic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1593 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:17 am

Post by MuttonChopMagic »

In post 1538, Ginngie wrote:To start, I hate the entire composition of the Lore wagon. ABR posting nothing, texcat is rather weak and I get that she doesn't have any strong reads and then her Lore vote was just a "oh we're doing wagons now just to lynch people" when it's way past the usefulness in RVS. There also isn't any digging being done by texcat to even think of, why am I actually voting Lore?
Mutton disgusts me as a player, I'll be honest it's the flow of insults that never stops that bugs me and that's really it. It's annoying as it blinds my reads because of myself being an emotional player. Now there is Transcend and now he's actually hitting his stride with posting and I need to delve into those however he was mostly useless with those "o/" wavings.

So that's the Lore wagon and I'm happy to call Lore town because of it, I think in that pool of four we got a scum butt in there somewhere he is still preying on Lore for shoddy reasons.

I'm making notes now as I can't have a PT but when I wake up, I need to review 4t's push on Theta from the start because I'm currently stuck on thinking of the associative thing and research *things* relating to Theta. Forgetful what it was but also need to pick back up on what made me feel sickly inside about 4t's posting in the beginning which also gives doubts on my read.

After that I need to focus on dissecting Lexa's wall and pushing that because past the wall I forgot Lexa's wall and I remember Lexa being a wall poster in the game she was with me which made me wary before.

Finally establish my road map on who to solve first in order to help me sort others more efficiently. Now the most important part here is that I need someone that understands me, and usually I'd have a player like Nacho or mastina or the sorts to help me out here, but what makes this fun is that I don't have a supporting person. This means I get to find a townie and just become in thread masons. I'll admit, I have high hopes that reviewing egg makes me think he's actually strongest town because I like egg and apparently we have the same wavelengths mentally and that'd be a great partner.

Now we have 6 days left and realistically 5 days considering that it takes about a full day to form a wagon if people are stubborn. This part is important, I'm starting this process with 5 days to spare, and I can get this shit done in 4 hours. See this link and read to understand just how it works. With that said, that process in the link was only done in about 3-4 hours and was done the last day of deadline. If I can get a town bloc established, we will have time for a town jam session.
Spoiler: Description of a town jam session
What was the Town Jam Session? In a word, pure, unadulterated, awesomeness.
It started here, with Nacho asking if TheRealGin-N-Tonic and I were around.
What resulted was 8 (almost 9!) real-life hours of continuous posting, where any player who was around (mostly us three, but later also Aristophanes among others) would talk and give contributions as we rocked out and locked the game down. We went from having no coherency at the beginning to having two of the three scum in our lynchpool. It started at Nacho's 1555.
It ended at around post 2005, a full 450 posts and 18 pages later. This was pure town posting, a bloc of town players, hashing their reads out, bouncing it back and forth, with the results of having solidly townread each other and solid, established, firm scumreads.

THAT is the essence of a good town, of synchronization that is deadly effective.

Okay, the groundwork is laid out, I'm going to rest as it's 4am, I don't have work for the next two days so tomorrow.
I don't much like the wagon composition either
that does not make lpee town guyer
PMysterious
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1594 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:33 am

Post by PMysterious »

In post 1592, Vedith wrote:
In post 1589, PMysterious wrote:My understanding to what has happened in this game is kinda hard to grasp, especially with so many posts (most of which I'm noticing contain some form of fluff). I'm not one for chaos, but this game has definitely started with so much activity (which is to be expected). This is why I am doing an ISO check on everyone in the game for my reads.
I understand that but as of now, what has happened in the game to your understanding?
This can include, claims, bad pushes, good pushes, wagons etc.

I just want to know what level you have been paying attention.
Claims, there haven't been many Power Role claims in this game, up to this point. Bad pushes, I wasn't wanting the whole Gamma thing to escalate just like that, as it was only the first two days of the game, so there might have been some scum on that wagon, despite me wanting good intentions.

The push on Trans definitely makes sense, and there definitely is a big change from a recently finished game to this game when it comes to his style.

Now, Lapsa being confirmed town was fine, but those that didn't see that had a legitimate reason to think that Lapsa was scum, based on how he was acting throughout the game, as there is so much fluff coming from Lapsa.

Now, the push on Lore is one that baffles me. Ever since really being near the top of the vote count, he has barely posted, despite being active for the first 3 days of the game. The fact he hasn't said anything gives me reasons to believe he is scum. Although, he has more than made up for it with a lot of words being put into each post since.

I'm not always on MafiaScum, but when I am, I try to look back as far as I can, to find something that just doesn't add up. If I missed something, then it got lost in the shuffle, and I'm doing ISO checks on everyone to find those things.
Show

Modded Games

Currently Modding Games
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1595 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:41 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 1594, PMysterious wrote:Now, Lapsa being confirmed town was fine, but those that didn't see that had a legitimate reason to think that Lapsa was scum, based on how he was acting throughout the game, as there is so much fluff coming from Lapsa.
Do you think not seeing Lapsa as IC is AI? If so what side?
In post 1594, PMysterious wrote:Now, the push on Lore is one that baffles me. Ever since really being near the top of the vote count, he has barely posted, despite being active for the first 3 days of the game. The fact he hasn't said anything gives me reasons to believe he is scum. Although, he has more than made up for it with a lot of words being put into each post since.
Why does it baffle you though? You say that it indicates more scum than not?
It does however, make me laugh that someone points out a valid reason while the people pushing for the lynch don't give any.
As you said yourselve, you can't always be on MS, why do you expect others to maintain regular posting to prevent being read (or considered) as scum for it?
I claim scum \o/
PMysterious
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1596 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:50 am

Post by PMysterious »

In post 1595, Vedith wrote:
In post 1594, PMysterious wrote:Now, Lapsa being confirmed town was fine, but those that didn't see that had a legitimate reason to think that Lapsa was scum, based on how he was acting throughout the game, as there is so much fluff coming from Lapsa.
Do you think not seeing Lapsa as IC is AI? If so what side?
In post 1594, PMysterious wrote:Now, the push on Lore is one that baffles me. Ever since really being near the top of the vote count, he has barely posted, despite being active for the first 3 days of the game. The fact he hasn't said anything gives me reasons to believe he is scum. Although, he has more than made up for it with a lot of words being put into each post since.
Why does it baffle you though? You say that it indicates more scum than not?
It does however, make me laugh that someone points out a valid reason while the people pushing for the lynch don't give any.
As you said yourselve, you can't always be on MS, why do you expect others to maintain regular posting to prevent being read (or considered) as scum for it?
If you could elaborate on AI, then that would be most excellent (I'm not in with all of the terms yet). However, if Lapsa was not the Innocent Child, I would probably say that he is scum.

As for the whole "baffling" thing, I'm saying that, because it's just odd to me. He really didn't start losing out on activity until after the Vote Count showed him high up on the poll. I can understand not being active if you aren't being pressured, but if you are, then it is best to stick around.
Show

Modded Games

Currently Modding Games
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1597 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:57 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 1596, PMysterious wrote:If you could elaborate on AI, then that would be most excellent (I'm not in with all of the terms yet). However, if Lapsa was not the Innocent Child, I would probably say that he is scum.
My apologies. I mean align indicated. The people who didn't notice that Lapsa was IC and voted, do you think it's more likely that scum didn't notice the IC and voted, town didn't notice and voted or it's too hard to say?
Keeping in mind we have no knowledge of scum having day talk right now.
In post 1596, PMysterious wrote:As for the whole "baffling" thing, I'm saying that, because it's just odd to me. He really didn't start losing out on activity until after the Vote Count showed him high up on the poll. I can understand not being active if you aren't being pressured, but if you are, then it is best to stick around.
I don't think pressure on you should be the cause of activity.
You should be as active as you can / please regardless if people are calling you scum or not.
However, that said, it is more of a scum move to hide / ignore issues pushed at them. It's just not a deciding factor (which is why I like you haven't just thrown a vote down).
I claim scum \o/
Lore
Lore
Goon
Lore
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1598 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:59 am

Post by Lore »

i was both busy with family crisis' and felt like the wagon on me was bs anyway and that people would see that. plus, this game was/is exhausting with the mutton insults and i needed to not engage for a hot minute to make sure i didnt say anything i didnt want to, especially with the emotional-ness of rl stress on top of it.

when i had regained my composure i decided the best thing i could do was try to contribute to town as much as i can so that if mutton succeeds in tunneling me i will have at least contributed something useful to before being lynched. Most of the votes on me were naked and/or completely baseless anyway, how do i fight that? I am back and fully engaged now.
PMysterious
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1599 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:01 am

Post by PMysterious »

In post 1597, Vedith wrote:
In post 1596, PMysterious wrote:If you could elaborate on AI, then that would be most excellent (I'm not in with all of the terms yet). However, if Lapsa was not the Innocent Child, I would probably say that he is scum.
My apologies. I mean align indicated. The people who didn't notice that Lapsa was IC and voted, do you think it's more likely that scum didn't notice the IC and voted, town didn't notice and voted or it's too hard to say?
Keeping in mind we have no knowledge of scum having day talk right now.
I think it would be a mixture of both. Not everyone came into the game at the very start, so anyone could have missed the confirmation of Lapsa being Town, and it is something I understand a lot. There's really nothing about the people voting Lapsa that seems scummy, unless they just jumped on the wagon for the sake of a wagon (will look back and try to find people who do that).

Also, Lore, welcome back.
Show

Modded Games

Currently Modding Games

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”