MuttonChopMagic
MuttonChopMagic
Goon
MuttonChopMagic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:22 am

Post by MuttonChopMagic »

In post 246, Grendel wrote:I was wanting to avoid RC, and Frogger as much as possible.

I could tell JR was predisposed to scum read me from the start.

RQS usually garners more attention then going off and scumhunting by myself.
and he explains why he didn't do it in that game which I like
although it shows a lack of fear over anyone in this game, at least light
Backhand
Backhand
Goon
Backhand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:24 am

Post by Backhand »

Ugh, why can't you all have jobs where you can post at work in the afternoon like me/be in my timezone? :P
In post 391, Grendel wrote:
In post 178, Backhand wrote:
Not necessarily--you could be pretending to engage only to dismiss them later, especially if ScumAccountant didn't like where they were headed. But this is a molehill, not a mountain.
What about this is liking Accountant's response to you Backhand?

Am I missing something?
Tone, mostly. That was a shrug and move on response, and since then he has definitely not been dismissive (except to gamma, but that wasn't what I was talking about)
Gamma Emerald wrote:
Been there. Don't let Tywin's defeatist theory get you down Backhand.
I'm not as angry about it as he was/is, but I do think Day 1's are really hard and its very clear to me that the current "no policy lynch" meta is allowing people to get away with intentionally bad play, and the credible threat of a lurker lynch is important. Accountant and grendel don't have to like it, that's fine.
In post 466, Hiraki wrote:
In post 360, Backhand wrote:Haven't caught up yet, or don't want to? Whatcha thinking?
what??????
I think notmafia should participate in the game, since we've gotten one post from the slot the whole game. Not sure why that's confusing.

Post on notsure/NTRP next (also seriously, notsure and not mafia in the same game, uncool)
Backhand
Backhand
Goon
Backhand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:36 am

Post by Backhand »

Well, I was going to do a PBPA on NTRP, but I only got two posts in and I realized he's either town or is playing a deeper game that his other posts don't really back up (no offense, I hope)
In post 119, NotTheRealPaul wrote:
In post 98, Accountant wrote:I think NotTheRealPaul is probably scum. The selfvote + questionnaire answering felt like a really bad attempt to fit in/insert self into game and their post was more or less an isolated island that didn't touch on what was being discussed around them. This is scummy because mafia find it way easier to put themselves into a game through easy to fake stuff like selfvote jokes or answering NAI questions rather than put themselves in the midst of real discussion.

VOTE: NotTheRealPaul
oh crap you caught me

Let me just hop onto the maf thread and ask cheetory what to do.
This is a townslip. Could be fake, but like CCC, I doubt it.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:49 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 469, Hiraki wrote:@Accountant - can you tell how Post 318 pinged you?
It didn't. My Backhand vote was long overdue.
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:50 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 477, Backhand wrote:Well, I was going to do a PBPA on NTRP, but I only got two posts in and I realized he's either town or is playing a deeper game that his other posts don't really back up (no offense, I hope)
In post 119, NotTheRealPaul wrote:
In post 98, Accountant wrote:I think NotTheRealPaul is probably scum. The selfvote + questionnaire answering felt like a really bad attempt to fit in/insert self into game and their post was more or less an isolated island that didn't touch on what was being discussed around them. This is scummy because mafia find it way easier to put themselves into a game through easy to fake stuff like selfvote jokes or answering NAI questions rather than put themselves in the midst of real discussion.

oh crap you caught me

Let me just hop onto the maf thread and ask cheetory what to do.
This is a townslip. Could be fake, but like CCC, I doubt it.
How is it a townslip?

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:53 am

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

why would I be offended? its a compliment that you think I could have a deeper game. I mean I dont but im glad you thought I would be clever enough to have come up with one.

By deeper game do you mean scum game?
Backhand
Backhand
Goon
Backhand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:08 am

Post by Backhand »

Notsure is *extremely* defensive. I said this earlier, but being unfairly read can be true of town or scum. But its really hard to penetrate.
Notsure wrote: This shows me you know how a Town should scumhunt, but you, as mafia, have no problem doing the opposite.
How should town scumhunt? Tbh, I think you've made one scumread that wasn't just counterattacking, and that was calling hiraki scummy for being a detached observer. Expand on that?

Also in the future, I'd advise putting your readlist in order of scumminess rather than scattershot, it makes them easier to comprehend.
Backhand
Backhand
Goon
Backhand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:12 am

Post by Backhand »

In post 479, Accountant wrote: How is it a townslip?
This game explicitly does not have daytalk.

Ah, shit. I misread, mafia did have daytalk for 48 hours. So, take that one back.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:14 am

Post by Accountant »

Backhand I think if you really townread me and saw I was scumreading you, you'd make more of an effort to engage with me :|

Backhand
Backhand
Goon
Backhand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:22 am

Post by Backhand »

I don't townread you particularly strongly, but also I don't think that matters--why do you think that? Mostly I've been commenting on what I missed last night, the only thing you've said at me recently was that you didn't like my policy lynch suggestion, and I spoke to that. What else is on your mind?
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:26 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

In post 466, Hiraki wrote:Honestly getting TRs from Gamma, why does this keep happening
Don't think I understand what this means!

@Accountant
, it could be TvT, but if I think their tones are both scummy and that there's something from the interaction that feels off, I don't really know why you would expect me to entertain that as an option, especially when I said I was being lazy there ya silly goose.

@notsure
, I don't think you actually understand what I'm saying.
Scum has to put effort in to seem town and to make sure their thoughts make sense.
Town just has to think something and say it.
I spend maybe like.. 10 minutes making a decent sized post as town, where as scum it can take me hours to make sure that I feel like a single serious post isn't awkward sounding, or that something is worded funny or indicates I have too much knowledge.
Have to check whether I seem like I'm being genuine, etc..
Some people don't worry about that kind of stuff, but I feel like most scum do.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:26 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Oh and I need to dig into Backhand.
I haven't gotten much of an impression of them yet.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:40 am

Post by Hiraki »

In post 476, Backhand wrote:I think notmafia should participate in the game, since we've gotten one post from the slot the whole game. Not sure why that's confusing.
Not so much confusing as it is a little outrageous to demand, regardless of it being N_M.
In post 485, Cheetory6 wrote:Don't think I understand what this means!
I usually SR Gamma regardless of his role but for the last few games I've been TRing, again, regardless of his role.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:41 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 472, notsure wrote:
In post 470, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 467, notsure wrote:hmmm, Hikari seems like a detached observer...
So? Is that a scumtell?

YES
I was going to argue against this but given your read list it's clear there's a reasoning here.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:43 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 482, Backhand wrote:

Ah, shit. I misread, mafia did have daytalk for 48 hours. So, take that one back.
It was sarcasm. It's null.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:44 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 485, Cheetory6 wrote:
In post 466, Hiraki wrote:Honestly getting TRs from Gamma, why does this keep happening
Don't think I understand what this means!

@Accountant
, it could be TvT, but if I think their tones are both scummy and that there's something from the interaction that feels off, I don't really know why you would expect me to entertain that as an option, especially when I said I was being lazy there ya silly goose.

@notsure
Scum has to put effort in to seem town and to make sure their thoughts make sense.
I spend maybe like.. 10 minutes making a decent sized post as town, where as scum it can take me hours to make sure that I feel like a single serious post isn't awkward sounding, or that something is worded funny or indicates I have too much knowledge.
Before my hiatus Hiraki found me scummy most of the time.
<Embrace The Void>

Backhand
Backhand
Goon
Backhand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:53 am

Post by Backhand »

In post 489, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 482, Backhand wrote:

It was sarcasm. It's null.
Agree now, but scumPaul would definitely know there wasn't daytalk (except there was at the time, oops)

Hiraki, a replacement comes in and votes for himself, its outrageous to ask for more?
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:00 am

Post by Hiraki »

In post 491, Backhand wrote:Hiraki, a replacement comes in and votes for himself, its outrageous to ask for more?
Based on the player, yes.
Backhand
Backhand
Goon
Backhand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:02 am

Post by Backhand »

Do you have a way of reading him later in games?
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:03 am

Post by Accountant »

Hiraki, notsure called you a detached observer.

CCC
CCC
Goon
CCC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:04 am

Post by CCC »

In post 388, DeathRowKitty wrote:i am sick and not reading things
Get well soon!
CCC
CCC
Goon
CCC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:09 am

Post by CCC »

In post 389, Grendel wrote:That said- I do think you are wrong on backhand.

I know what you are saying here but I'm inclined to believe that you are town reading Back b/c he voiced belief in your claim. Which could mean you are town, as I would probably avoid weighing in if a scum buddy started faking town tells. Backhand probably jumped on the moment to start forming some early reads without having to put extra effort to "find" them. That makes more sense then a S/S interaction.
You know, I can't find anything in here that I can say with
certainty
is wrong. Backhand did seem to agree with my thoughts, and this may well have been a strong factor in my Townread of him. I'm pretty sure it was at least
a
factor...

It's not impossible that he could be scum trying to ghost my reads and follow along. I still think he feels like Town who just happens to agree with me, but I may be wrong on that...
CCC
CCC
Goon
CCC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:12 am

Post by CCC »

In post 393, Accountant wrote:
In post 377, Backhand wrote:I really like the way drk engaged with raya and gamma in these posts, mcm. So I'd take him out of your pool, if I were you.

If we all think and/or know not_mafia plans on being unreadable and useless through the whole game, I'd as soon be rid of him now.
I'm uncomfortable with how you've moved from MCM policy lynch to N_M policy lynch rather than ~ actual scum lynches ~
...you know, I hadn't noticed this before. Now, I can understand wanting a policy lynch on someone, but... two in a row? That
does
seem a tad excessive.
notsure
notsure
Townie
notsure
Townie
Townie

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:13 am

Post by notsure »

In post 481, Backhand wrote:Notsure is *extremely* defensive. I said this earlier, but being unfairly read can be true of town or scum. But its really hard to penetrate.
Notsure wrote: This shows me you know how a Town should scumhunt, but you, as mafia, have no problem doing the opposite.
How should town scumhunt? Tbh, I think you've made one scumread that wasn't just counterattacking, and that was calling hiraki scummy for being a detached observer. Expand on that?

Also in the future, I'd advise putting your readlist in order of scumminess rather than scattershot, it makes them easier to comprehend.
You took that quote completely out of context. It was in reference to Paul's post about not being able to judge someone's starting behavior until later.

Here's a question, why would you cherry pick something like that with so much other stuff being said and going on? I'd expect you to at least read the intent behind what is said before prodding me about this, if you were Town that is. With Paul, it seems to be a misunderstanding, with you, you seem not fully engaged.

VOTE: backhand

And I get this sounds defensive ...L-O-L...but I can't help voting people when it looks like they have a fabricated reason for suspecting me. so whatever.
In post 485, Cheetory6 wrote:
@notsure
I agree with you. But a Townie putting someone on the spot about something they didn't even bother to read up on is bizarre. It appears like they aren't invested in outing mafia, but pretending to come off that way.

How about this. How would you describe each play still for the following

Good (experienced) Town player -
Newb (inexperienced) Town player -

Good (experienced) mafia player -
Newb (inexperienced) mafia player -

my answer

Good (experienced) Town player - judges players by motivation and intent, as an indicator of scum-hunting and Town doubt. Behavior is secondary.
Newb (inexperienced) Town player - reads players based on their behavior first. Looks at intent and motivation second. Tunnels players and won't let off because they don't like their behavior. Learns to readjust and read as they play more.

Good (experienced) mafia player - carefully weaves themselves into the game in order to look proactive, but also innocuous.
Newb (inexperienced) mafia player - acts awkward and slips up early in the game, tries to cover it up later.

Now Accountant has experience supposedly from what everyone is saying. And he thinks a mafia player wouldn't slip up...a good one sure...however, that slip up makes little sense as newb town. Newb town don't mistakenly ignore information or cherry-pick what they want. They go after someone for shitty reasons and hold fast to that.

Are you a good mafia player Cheetory? Is accountant your buddy?
notsure
notsure
Townie
notsure
Townie
Townie

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:23 am

Post by notsure »

In post 381, CCC wrote:
In post 379, MuttonChopMagic wrote:no, we don't completely ignore him because he softed pr
if he doesn't do anything actually useful then he climbs the lynch bar
if he's at l-1 and claims something believable, that is when we lynch elsewhere
I am the only vote on him atm I believe, that's not exactly biological warfare
also, to get all altruistic and shit, but understand
we should not be teaching beginners softing having a pr after 1 vote = a good plan
Carefully hidden in this rhyme is a very good point. You're wrong on one thing, though - NotTheRealPaul has two votes now, so far as I could spot (NotSure put on the other one).

But that doesn't change your main point. Frivolous PR softing should not be encouraged. Also, I'm sure the Mafia's picked up on it already - he has very little to lose by being a little more explicit at this point.

And that, I believe, makes three votes.
Calling attention to this again.

CCC, why did you vote Paul when you talk as if mafia knows he's a PR role now? Sounds like you don't believe he was scum there, but voted anyway. And your vote is still on him. Why?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”