Siblings Pet Doggo
Goon
Siblings Pet Doggo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:45 am

Post by Siblings Pet Doggo »

because it sucked
Alisae, Fro99er, and Transcend join together to fight the scumbutts.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:47 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

Siblings Pet Doggo
Siblings Pet Doggo
Goon
Siblings Pet Doggo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:47 am

In post 1392, WhyMafia wrote:
In post 1389, Sesq wrote:why may be lurkscum
IM TRYING IM SORRY
IM ON PAGE 22
ILL START SKIMMING
^^ Not town ^^
Siblings Pet Doggo
Siblings Pet Doggo
Goon
Siblings Pet Doggo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:49 am

GameNBurger
GameNBurger
Goon
GameNBurger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:53 am

Post by GameNBurger »

In post 1395, MarioManiac4 wrote:VOTE: Balki B
just for you
Lameeeeeeee
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:53 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

aren't we all
Balki B
Balki B
Goon
Balki B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:06 am

Post by Balki B »

Response to GameNBurger's Reasons for Voting Balki

GameNBurger started things off right after the Day 2 start at . I think that initiating a wagon like this is generally townie. But note the lack of questioning and the professed confidence. The sole reason GameNBurger cites is "you backed up into stupid shit just to try and wagon on someone who wasnt The Godfather."

GameNBurger does not suggest that he has checked my reasoning for my Day 1 vote. He doesn't link to it, quote it, critique it, or acknowledge it. He just says it was "stupid shit."

To me, this looks like GameNBurger trying purposefully to push a wagon without engaging with the reasons. This is more of a Trumpesq marketing campaign than a search for truth. GameNBurger doesn't want to question me about my Day 1 vote, or engage with it critically, and he doesn't want anyone to go back and look at it, he just wants everyone to think it was "stupid shit." (here is my reasoning for my Day 1 vote, in case you're curious)

Then, after my urging, GameNBurger posts with a few more reasons. Here, GameNBurger writes more than 200 words, but most are just derogatory assertions like "dumb," "faltering," "dumb moves," "none of his late moves make sense," and "unpredictable."

GameNBurger's reasoning boils down to four reasons:

(1) Balki "insists to be 'deciding vote' whatever he means by that," (2) Balki "gets on the sort of counter wagon in order to delay l-1," (3) Balki "buddies incessently," and (4) Balki "wanted to give a go at just lynching the confirmed cop (?!?!?!?)." I'll addres them in turn.

(1) My Suggestion That I Decide Who We Lynch Is Not Scum Indicative

Here, I suggest that I want to decide the lynch. Part of that is a bit tongue in cheek, I obviously know that nobody should sheep me. But generally the point I was trying to make was that I don't want to jump on Delta just because everyone else is jumping on Delta. I want to control my vote, because I know my vote is coming from a town place. I'm not going to hop on a wagon just because it's a wagon.

It is this desire to be independent that was one of the strongest forces keeping me off of the Delta wagon when it formed. It sprang up and grew fast, and I didn't want to merely follow other people because there are obviously people trying to mislead and misdirect here. I wanted to be my own man.

I think that is town indicative more than scum indicative. I was loud about my vote and my reasons. I wanted people to see that I was acting with a purpose. I did not want to hide by running like a lemming to the popular wagon. I have no interest in hiding.

(2) I Voted Tenshii For Clearly Stated Reasons, and Nobody Has Critiqued Them or Engaged With Them

GameNBurger assumes that I was insincere with my vote on Tenshii, which is possible from his perspective. But he simply assumes it based on the timing of the vote. If you are town, and you care about getting this lynch right, at least read my reasons for voting for Tenshii and share your thoughts on them.

When I made that vote, Delta was already at 8/17 votes with 5 people unvoted or on vanity wagons. So the chances that I was going to prevent the lynch of Delta were
extremely
slim. In that situation, if I were 1/2 mafia other than Delta, do you really think I'd start pushing an alternative wagon so conspicuously? Seems like a good way to lose. If I were mafia there, I'd probably think "welp, this guy Delta sucks, I might as well hammer him and take the town cred." Delta was beyond saving when I cast my Tenshii vote. That vote was not consistent with scum trying to save their partner.

(3) It Is Pretty Laughable to Say that "Balki Buddies Incessently"

I mean, what a ridiculous thing to say.
I called our fearless cop a "dick", and then I called him lazy, cocky, and wrong;
I called GameNBurger a condescending asshole;
I frequently speak in angry, italicized, bolded sarcasm;
I've explained, cogently, that Sesq sucks;
And then I told everyone here that they suck at mafia.

Like, I know that "you're buddying" is an easy buzzword that people like to fling around in place of thought, but it's pretty laughable to try to attach it to me here. Say what you will about me, I'm nobody's buddy. I'm just your treasure.

(4) My Questioning of CommKnight's Cop Claim Is Town Indicative, If Anything

So, as you'll all recall, CommKnight was the first runaway wagon, and then he claimed cop at a time when it looked like he was about to be lynched. Lots of folks eased off immediately, but I didn't. I asked a bunch of questions and challenged the conventional wisdom that the Wolves will simply protect Cop and that there is nothing to lose by leaving CommKnight alive.

So, at a very superficial level, you can call taht scummy. After all, Cop is important for town, and Balki suggested lynching the person who claimed cop, so that is bad! Could be scum.

But go back and read that sequence and think about how scum might react to it.
Scum are trying to hide
. Scum are afraid of being lynched. Scum are afraid of Cop. Do you think their reaction to that situation would be to challenge the cop, call him a dick, question a bunch of assumptions, and go against the grain in the face of numerous people telling me to shut up?

I am playing conspicuously and fearlessly. And one thing I hope you learn from my flip -- that's not scum. Scum will cower and follow the crowd when something like that happens, almost every time. If you read this again, and think about it critically, I think you'll see that you're drawing the wrong conclusion.
Balki B
Balki B
Goon
Balki B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:07 am

Post by Balki B »

Did I just get hammered?

How far away from the end am I? I don't really want to put in a bunch of effort if y'all just say "LOL" and don't read it. Does anyone care what I have to say?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:07 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1388, MarioManiac4 wrote:Comm flipped town and Ali got vigged
(commknight claimed cop)
Ali is SPD dude
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:08 am

Post by Sesq »

i would be very surprised if this guy flips scum
Siblings Pet Doggo
Siblings Pet Doggo
Goon
Siblings Pet Doggo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:10 am

In post 1407, Balki B wrote:Did I just get hammered?

How far away from the end am I? I don't really want to put in a bunch of effort if y'all just say "LOL" and don't read it. Does anyone care what I have to say?
Yeah this is fake as fuck.

I'd actually be voting this rn but Frog got pissed when i tried to stop his tenshii push.

~T
Balki B
Balki B
Goon
Balki B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:11 am

Post by Balki B »

What's the vote count?
Balki B
Balki B
Goon
Balki B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:12 am

Post by Balki B »

Eh, I think I'm at 6.

Does anyone have a question for me? It feels like y'all should have questions for me.
Balki B
Balki B
Goon
Balki B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:13 am

Post by Balki B »

If not, I'm going to go through reasons expressed by others on my wagon, to the extent there are any.
Siblings Pet Doggo
Siblings Pet Doggo
Goon
Siblings Pet Doggo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:13 am

In post 1412, Balki B wrote:Eh, I think I'm at 6.

Does anyone have a question for me? It feels like y'all should have questions for me.
Wanna see a magic trick?
GameNBurger
GameNBurger
Goon
GameNBurger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:17 am

Post by GameNBurger »

In post 1414, Siblings Pet Doggo wrote:
In post 1412, Balki B wrote:Eh, I think I'm at 6.

Wanna see a magic trick?
I do
Balki B
Balki B
Goon
Balki B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:23 am

Post by Balki B »

Second person to my wagon is Gamma Emerald. In typical Gamma Emerald form, he expresses his reasoning in a single line:
In post 1154, Gamma Emerald wrote:"How do I be towny" is what I get out of Balki B
VOTE: Balki B
Gamma Emerald has stated no other reasons for his vote. But he has hopped on to suggest that my lynch is inevitable:
In post 1331, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1328, Balki B wrote:What is the rationale for Cop/Seer to check Sesq and not me? I am
MOST SUSPICIOUS
! I have the biggest wagon.
Because we're lynching you today most likely
In post 1361, Gamma Emerald wrote:Can we just quicklynch Balki
I don't know if y'all are used to playing with Gamma Emerald, and this is just how he chooses to play as any alignment, but this is the kind of accountability dodging that makes Town's job more difficult. His purported reason for voting me lacks any susbstance or example. He basically said "Balki looks scummy." There is no way to engage with that, refute it, or challenge it in any way. It is devoid of reason.

But it makes it worse that Gamma keeps suggesting that "we should just lynch Balki." It's not like we're moving slowly here. The day just began and I'm at L-2. But by suggesting that my lynch is already inevitable and we should just get on with it, Gamma is encouraging other people to hop on and sheep this with no accountability at all. Seems pretty clear that he is more interested in the day ending without him or his partner on the gallows than in trying to get the lynch right or make sure people are voting Balki for good reasons.

This is super anti-town. I'm going to VOTE: Gamma Emerald. If someone has evidence that this is just how Gamma always plays as either alignment, I'd like to see it.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:27 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

1) You wee off the Delta wagon making you likely mafia
2) As I said your response to the initial votes was "how do I be towny" which is a scummy response because it suggests scum wanting to know how to correct course
3) You've been extremely defensive today
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Siblings Pet Doggo
Siblings Pet Doggo
Goon
Siblings Pet Doggo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:28 am

In post 1410, Siblings Pet Doggo wrote:
In post 1407, Balki B wrote:Did I just get hammered?

Yeah this is fake as fuck.

I'd actually be voting this rn but Frog got pissed when i tried to stop his tenshii push.

~T
It is fake as fuck. Like I said Balki's fine too. But I think Balki and Tenshii are buds anyway.

VOTE: Balki

Ribbit Ribbit
GameNBurger
GameNBurger
Goon
GameNBurger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:30 am

Post by GameNBurger »

There's no way I'm quoting that whole wall Jesus

But

The first glaring thing is that your response to me saying you buddy is dumb since you've been mean a lot of people

I know in my case you called me a condescending asshole then you went back and said " I like you better now"

Also you didn't want to lynch a cclaim cop you wanted to lynch AFTER he was basically confirmed and refused to see reason of otherwise even from almost50

That and this feels like the most forced wall of text I've ever seen

You even talk about things as acting town as being a reason you did things

Townies do shit that benefits the town

If you have to plan and think "geez what's my most town option" as a townie then you're doing it wrong
Way wrong
It's more likely that scum has to think that since they're not motivated by town win conditions

Wanting to act town is not a reason for you being town in a million years

I just noticed how in the blurb where you show you're totally not buddying you call the cop fearless

Like you can't even point out how you're not buddying without trying to buddy
Balki B
Balki B
Goon
Balki B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:31 am

Post by Balki B »

Third person to my wagon was our fearless cop, CommKnight.
In post 1156, CommKnight wrote:VOTE: Balki B - I still SR him and he's one of the ones on the counter-wagon.
He explained his reasoning here:
In post 1269, CommKnight wrote:Your wagon is going up fast because...

1.) You're mafia, Werewolves want you dead as well.

2.) Tenshii is probably Werewolf, it's in my interest to keep both Werewolves alive today so the Doc is more inclined to protect me to find mafia for him before mafia kill both of them or the Seer outs them.

3.) With only two mafia left, your buddy is probably voting Tenshii right now.

4.) The "resistance" to your wagon is the people avoiding voting you to vote Tenshii for just as naked votes (which you don't ask for explanations on).

So nah, I'm good with killing you. I'll find your buddy tonight.
Not a whole lot I can say in my defense here. CommKnight simply assumes I am mafia because...why? Like, I see where you say "You're mafia," but I don't see the part where you explain why you think that is true.

Is it because I ruffled your feathers earlier? Do you think that's my scum strategy? Go ruffle Cop's feathers?

I can't respond if you're unwilling to make a case.
GameNBurger
GameNBurger
Goon
GameNBurger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:33 am

Post by GameNBurger »

Wait why am I arguing with scum about why they're scum
Balki B
Balki B
Goon
Balki B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:34 am

Post by Balki B »

In post 1419, GameNBurger wrote:There's no way I'm quoting that whole wall Jesus

But

The first glaring thing is that your response to me saying you buddy is dumb since you've been mean a lot of people

I know in my case you called me a condescending asshole then you went back and said " I like you better now"

Also you didn't want to lynch a cclaim cop you wanted to lynch AFTER he was basically confirmed and refused to see reason of otherwise even from almost50

That and this feels like the most forced wall of text I've ever seen

You even talk about things as acting town as being a reason you did things

Townies do shit that benefits the town

If you have to plan and think "geez what's my most town option" as a townie then you're doing it wrong
Way wrong
It's more likely that scum has to think that since they're not motivated by town win conditions

Wanting to act town is not a reason for you being town in a million years

I just noticed how in the blurb where you show you're totally not buddying you call the cop fearless

Like you can't even point out how you're not buddying without trying to buddy
So, you're saying that you feel kindness is alignment indicative, because people who are kind are trying to get people to avoid lynching them based on kindness.

And you think that I am likley scum because I have been employing this "kill-am with kindness" strategy in this game. Ha! You definitely haven't read my ISO.
Balki B
Balki B
Goon
Balki B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1423 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:35 am

Post by Balki B »

In post 1417, Gamma Emerald wrote:1) You wee off the Delta wagon making you likely mafia
2) As I said your response to the initial votes was "how do I be towny" which is a scummy response because it suggests scum wanting to know how to correct course
3) You've been extremely defensive today
I mean...what the fuck? I'm at L-1 less than 24 hours into the day. I'm about to be lynched for dumb reasons, and nobody is making anyone accountable.

Why is being defensive in these circumstances alignment indicative? In your experience, town don't defend themselves or demand people to state their reasons for lynching them?
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1424 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:36 am

Post by Sesq »

admit it: this wagon is dumb

Return to “Completed Open Games”