Mini 1918: Paint Mafia Threequel! Game Over!

Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:24 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

VoteCount 1.03
TwoFace [5]
- Bomberman, Varsoon, Infinity324, Fro99er, Aristophanes
Varsoon [1]
- jjh927
Raya36 [1]
- MaxwellPuckett
jjh927 [1]
- aptil
Bomberman [1]
- Havo

Not Voting [4]:

Apricity, Gamma Emerald, Raya36, TwoFace
With 13 alive, it takes 7 votes to flip someone's colour. You have (expired on 2017-06-14 09:00:00) to do so.
Last edited by Cheetory6 on Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:32 pm

Post by Fro99er »

In post 208, MaxwellPuckett wrote:So this is why we just try to find scum with the colour flip. Scummy players arent the same things as players who wont be useful imo
max answer my question
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Ribbit ribbit." -Transcend
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:57 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 222, TwoFace wrote:So you can't possibly have a realistic expectation on how other people will play during a color phase. You can only have a expectation of how you would play.
An "off" feeling is a just a gut feeling that someone might be scum. Do I need to know your meta for that?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:58 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 227, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 222, TwoFace wrote:So you can't possibly have a realistic expectation on how other people will play during a color phase. You can only have a expectation of how you would play.
An "off" feeling is a just a gut feeling that someone might be scum. Do I need to know your meta for that?
Nope, but apparently you do according to TwoFace...
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Siblings Pet Doggo
Siblings Pet Doggo
Goon
Siblings Pet Doggo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:01 pm

Post by Siblings Pet Doggo »

Honeslty we should just flip twoface at this point and move on to the next phase. People holding this up are going to get more than the stinkeye from me.
Alisae, Fro99er, and Transcend join together to fight the scumbutts.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:01 pm

Post by Fro99er »

In post 229, Siblings Pet Doggo wrote:Honeslty we should just flip twoface at this point and move on to the next phase. People holding this up are going to get more than the stinkeye from me.
God dammit
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:15 pm

Post by Fro99er »

jj come vote TwoFace
Heil King Froggo.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:16 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Can I hammer?

Splatting people with my vote will be nostalgic
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:17 pm

Post by Fro99er »

In post 232, jjh927 wrote:Can I hammer?

Splatting people with my vote will be nostalgic
:lol:

no we're saving the hammer for TwoFace
Heil King Froggo.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:18 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Ugh fine

VOTE: Twoface

I'm fine with this because I feel he should be unsure about me if he's unsure about people for not posting much. I've not been as active as I could be.
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:23 pm

Post by Fro99er »

^I agree with that reasoning for sure.
Heil King Froggo.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:29 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Disagree entirely with using the color flip on inactive players. It should be a scumhunting tool first and foremost, and that's how I am using it now.
I feel as though TwoFace's suggestions for other ways to use the colorflip all are attempts to deflect from flipping him. If I wasn't already voting there, I'd hammer it through.

iirc, someone asked me a question, but I'm not sure if it's still relevant or not?
If anyone has questions for me, please bold them. I tend to skim when catching up sometimes and can miss/forget things. It's a shite habit, but it is what it is.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:31 pm

Post by Fro99er »

@Varsoon: do you love me?
Heil King Froggo.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:34 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 237, Fro99er wrote:
@Varsoon: do you love me?
Can you dance?
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:34 pm

Post by Fro99er »

I'm a frog, of course I can dance
Heil King Froggo.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:36 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Found it!
In post 141, Infinity 324 wrote:Varsoon, what do you think of my opinion on that subject in
108, for reference:
In post 108, Infinity 324 wrote:I'd like people to give reads instead of argue theory, because bomberman is right that scum can argue theory for days. At the end of the day, we'll all vote for who we want flipped no matter what our theories are.

FoS apricity for not following up on his questions to me about ari.

I agree--players should be focused on the game of mafia first and foremost.
For instance, I have already managed to make some reads so far and, as it stands, twoface is still my top scumread and a player I want flipped most because, if scum, great, he's caught. If town, then I can know that I'm wrong and avoid mislynching there.

So long as people approach the color flip phase as an extra lynch phase, it gives us the same sort of information we'd get from an actual lynch phase in terms of pushes, flips, and contextual evidence for alignments. As players of mafia, we have the most facility in approaching that situation rather than treating the color thing as something different from the core game we are used to playing.

Obviously, it's important to consider how the color flip should be treated as the game goes on, but that still shouldn't change how people play around the mechanic.

TL;DR:
We get the most out of the color flip if we treat it like a lynch.

P-EDIT:
Of course I love you, fro99er.
In other news, you actually are one of my top townreads right now.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:39 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 239, Fro99er wrote:I'm a frog, of course I can dance
- Jingle
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:42 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Aristo, where do you stand?
I'd like to know more about what you find 'odd' about twoface to help inform things there.
Also, why were you willing to hop onto the bomberman wagon? Did you have a townread there--which seems evidenced by the fact you were encouraging Bomberman to self-vote, or was that just a form of pressure?
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:52 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 242, Varsoon wrote:Aristo, where do you stand?
I'd like to know more about what you find 'odd' about twoface to help inform things there.
Also, why were you willing to hop onto the bomberman wagon? Did you have a townread there--which seems evidenced by the fact you were encouraging Bomberman to self-vote, or was that just a form of pressure?
Twoface just seems like he's not really willing to engage with people atm. I know only Phase 1 of D1, but he just isn't making ripples like usual. I believe he mentioned trying to be a new and improved TwoFace in the signups, so I'm hoping that's all it is, but I still think it is odd.

Bomberman is an alright flip had it gone through. I don't actually townread the slot. They made a call for people to vote for them, but resused to do so themselves. They also played off the reason for the call as if it didn't really matter. This tells me it may have been an empty call to flip them in order to gain townpoints because they're "not afraid to be flipped" despite never having the intention of being flipped. I think I talked in circles here, but basically it rang as untrue to me, so I'm gonna be watching that slot.
- Jingle
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:54 pm

Post by jjh927 »

In post 183, Bomberman wrote:
In post 178, Aristophanes wrote:Bomberman wtf! Why are you not voting yourself!?
I don't want a blowhard telling me that me self-voting is anti-town despite the circumstances, but you can still push me if u want
That was the response, right? Yeah, I think this is even worse than the not voting himself bit.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:00 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Thanks--I was unsure of what you were putting down/picking up on Bomberman, so that helps.

As for Twoface, you say that you hope 'all it is' is a 'new and improved' approach--are you hoping for a townflip from TwoFace?
I'd prefer for this difference of play to be indicative of TwoFace rolling scum, imo. I'd much rather have a D1 catch than not.

I think your insights are helpful in figuring your slot out (your play makes a shitload more sense to me now) but that you don't put down enough when playing. Probably leans you town more than anything, since you're not justifying play as you make it, but you certainly can when asked. tbh, I had a middling read on you because you seemed to just jump at different opportunities. Depending on what TwoFace flips, it'd do more to cement you one way or another for me, but your response here has helped me a lot.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:02 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Happy to help Varsoon! :)

And yeah, that's the one jjh. It just pings me in all the wrong ways.
- Jingle
Bomberman
Bomberman
Goon
Bomberman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:07 pm

Post by Bomberman »

I know reading that reading tone in a Mafia game is kinda tough but I was just having a funny there

Making jokes about what I presumed to be pretty ridiculous
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:07 pm

Post by jjh927 »

VOTE: Bomberman
Bomberman
Bomberman
Goon
Bomberman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:09 pm

Post by Bomberman »

Oh my god that vote is literally the worst thing that happened this game, you try and have conviction towards a Varsoon flip and then never do anything about why you have it, then you presumably flip your vote because I made some jokes in light of the situation we're in

But yeah it's me who should be shaking my boots, you really brung out the demons I'm gonna start posting for real are u ready I'm literally typing as much as possible to tel you 'that vote sucked'

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”