Newbie 1797: Space | Endgame

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: all

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:43 am

Post by Human Sequencer »

Also your fatalistic and emotional response doesn't ring true with how I think you'd react as town either. I get that you're vulnerable atm, but the way you're acting in absolutes and stuff just reads super fake to me. I feel like assuming all hope is lost and that your lynch is inevitable (which is how I'm reading your post) is more likely to come from scumDrixx.

PEDIT: Super secret scumtells are a cancer that shouldn't be allowed to flourish and propogate throughout the site, especially considering that you're entirely off base with it (if you're town). Be open with your reads, town needs to work together, not lone wolfing their way to victory.
nah
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:44 am

Like if you actually believe that, and am town, you're throwing the game because of your selfish super secret scumtell because you get lynched, then I get lynched and scum sweeps the game without having to do fucking anything.
nah
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:46 am

Post by ThinkBig »

VC 2.10

The Great Nebula in Carina
Image Credit & Copyright: Amit Ashok Kamble

Explanation: In one of the brightest parts of Milky Way lies a nebula where some of the oddest things occur. NGC 3372, known as the Great Nebula in Carina, is home to massive stars and changing nebulas. The Keyhole Nebula (NGC 3324), the bright structure just to the right of the image center, houses several of these massive stars and has itself changed its appearance. The entire Carina Nebula, captured here, spans over 300 light years and lies about 7,500 light-years away in the constellation of Carina. Eta Carinae, the most energetic star in the nebula, was one of the brightest stars in the sky in the 1830s, but then faded dramatically. While Eta Carinae itself maybe on the verge of a supernova explosion, X-ray images indicate that much of the Great Nebula in Carina has been a veritable supernova factory.

Drixx
(3): Human Sequencer, esires, NotTheRealPaul
Human Sequencer
(1): Drixx
NotTheRealPaul
(1): TesXX

Not Voting
(3): Not Chara, Dunkerdoodles, skitter30

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2017-06-20 22:26:56)
Last edited by ThinkBig on Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have officially retired this account. My new account is Virtuoso.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:48 am

Post by Drixx »

I'm not really fatalistic. It's a rational thing. I've gone to the gallows on purpose before when I felt that I would be a way for scum to win in LYLO. I can show you examples.

I'm also really, for lack of a better term, high (from the pain meds) at the moment. It is almost certainly impacting my thinking and posting.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:50 am

You are confirmed town to yourself. Don't let yourself die for no reason as either alignment, especially as town, it sets a horrible example for the newbies as you're the IC in this game.
nah
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:59 am

Post by skitter30 »

@Tess: Paul was a townread, Drixx was null, HS was ????, kinda conditional on the Picard flip.

Also, if you like want to talk to me about my play or something, like, go for it.

@NC: Goodbye! I hope everything works out well for you! :)

@Drixx:

1. I'm happy your procedure went well, and I hope you feel better soon!

2. Can you restate your case on HS? Because I'm not really getting it right now? I can understand why you don't want to out a tell, but you have to give me a little more of your reasoning if you want me to buy it. Because right now, between the two of you, you're a lot scummier, and I don't think your case on HS is that strong.

3. Who amongst us have you played with before?

@Blackvoid: Welcome!

@Everyone. I'm trying to make sure I get this right. We now have 8 players. We presumably will have 6 at the start of Day 3 (Tess/Dunker get killed, someone gets lynched). If the game goes on, we'll have 4 at the start of Day 4 (survivor of Tess/Dunker gets killed, and someone gets lynched). If scum hadn't won at this point, there's one scum and three town. I've seen a few people say no-lynch is a bad option here. Can someone explain this to me, from like a numerical standpoint?
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:19 am

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

Kinda a response to skitter on the numbers thing. Gonna just work it out in this reply box.

D2 no lynch: 8 ppl

D3 start: 7 ppl. (5-2)

D3 lynch: 6 ppl (4-2 or 5-1)

D4 start: 5 ppl (3-2 or 4-1 or 5-0 town win)

D4 lynch: 4 ppl (2-2 scum win or 4-0 town wins)

So if we nolynch today then we have until D4's lynch.

If we mislynch then we have till D3's lynch.

So a nolynch here might not be to bad as it narrows down possible scum and extends the game.
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:21 am

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

Actually nvm nolynch will leave us with one less conftown (assuming Tes sor Dunkers shot) so it leaves us more confused and less likely to find the scum.
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:21 am

Literally all it does is make it so that confirmed town (dunkers/TesXX) can't input or vote in the lynch.
nah
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:27 am

Post by skitter30 »

Sorry, I thought I saw people saying it was a bad idea day4, not today. Obviously it's a bad idea today, wasn't seeing how you could tell from the numbers it was a bad idea day4.
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:28 am

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

Conclusion: Neither option is good but a mislynch is better as it narrows scum pool down for D3.
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:30 am

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

Oops I thought u meant today. If we make it to DAY 4 then its 2-1 (I think)so no lynch is a loss.

D3 no lynch puts us at 3-2 (assuming mislynch today) so it might be helpful as scum pool would be narrowed sown but then we are at LyLo.
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:03 am

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

Fuck it HS is town. Just read his ISO. Im like 97.53542% sure on that read. Literally has been doing the most to gamesolve (might be second to skitter). Dont see anything scummy, even the cognitive dissonance Drixx seems to be hinging his case on seems fine to me.

Drixx I dont get your case on HS at all.
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:04 am

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

Will do esires later. Tommorrow Im gonna look at skitters game. here vs in comics, and simply by itself.

Drixx I'll look at later tonight, tommorrow at latest

Also sorry for spam :/
TesXX
TesXX
Mafia Scum
TesXX
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:03 pm

Post by TesXX »

I'll get to this when I'm not busy everyone.
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:05 pm

Post by ThinkBig »

Prodding esires
I have officially retired this account. My new account is Virtuoso.
TesXX
TesXX
Mafia Scum
TesXX
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:27 pm

Post by TesXX »

Welcome void!
I'm scum in this game. Are you also scum in this game?
(still reading up.)
TesXX
TesXX
Mafia Scum
TesXX
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:32 pm

Post by TesXX »

NotTheRealPaul wrote:Fuck it HS is town. Just read his ISO. Im like 97.53542% sure on that read. Literally has been doing the most to gamesolve (might be second to skitter)
HS could be scum faking wanting to gamesolve a lot for towncred, especially because of skitter, because with skitter here HS isn't be the only one moving the gamestate forward.
TesXX
TesXX
Mafia Scum
TesXX
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:34 pm

Post by TesXX »

HS
isn't be
the only one moving the gamestate forward.
:up: good grammering
TesXX
TesXX
Mafia Scum
TesXX
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:58 pm

Post by TesXX »

I might make a big quote wall.
TesXX
TesXX
Mafia Scum
TesXX
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:59 pm

Post by TesXX »

If I do I will use the F3 button in Paul's ISO and then search certain words and quote stuff.
TesXX
TesXX
Mafia Scum
TesXX
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:09 pm

Post by TesXX »

NotTheRealPaul wrote:Fuck it HS is town. {snip} Dont see anything scummy
Paul here are posts I've found that hinted at you thinking something HS did is scummy.
[spoiler=Paul's ISO
F3 button
'HS']
In post 315, NotTheRealPaul wrote:Skitters is making me worry about HS but at the same time HS' posting seems to generally encourage discussion. I'm actually pretty torn.
In post 499, NotTheRealPaul wrote:@skitters/@drixx would you consider an HS lynch? Like rn (incoming random thought from depths of mind) im seeing/imagining parallels between HS and MM in that they came right out and started defending a newbie. I mean HS did at first vote him but like I think I mentioned earlier it could be seen as an distancing with the quick unvote and subsequent defending. Except since Dunkers is prob town (since un cc'd) does it strike you as an obvious distancing that HS did on purpose?

Like does HS defending dunkers remind you at all of how MM was kinda white knighting me?

Rn im kinda interested in an HS flip but he has been one of the main people who actually is active. Like I dont wanna just be talking with skitters and Tess D2 assuming Drixx doesnt warm up and start scumhunting.
In post 529, NotTheRealPaul wrote:HS worried about Chara the white knoght after the whole dunkers situation.

Kinda ironic IMO.

Agree though chara u need to conteibute some reads.

@Tess I think you're getting tunnel vision again. We dont need a repeat of D1 where you all you talk about really is one thing.
In post 568, NotTheRealPaul wrote:I dont get it Drixx. Pwease explain tommorrow

pedit: skitters when I said it in 513 I was reffering to HS' hammer. Like Tess it seemed was tunneling on that one little thing, and I wanted to try to get him to look at everything a bit more. Didnt want Tess getting tunnel vision again, not that it seems to be helping.

As far as HS goes, Id say slight lean scum. Like I dont like his white knighting of Dunkers D1. Would like to know what others think of it.
In post 585, NotTheRealPaul wrote:skitters is more coming? Especially about HS whiteknighting?

And I'd say NC is looking pretty scummy after what you brought up. Someone told me scum dont have to read as much because they know everyone's alignment and that fits pretty well with the gaps in NV's logic IMO.

Im actually kinda looking at a NC + HS scumteam. Does anyone else see this possibility?
In post 614, NotTheRealPaul wrote:Id say he is lean scum. Like from PoE I think our scumpile is Drixx, Esires, HS, Not Chara

Chara and HS Im not really sure, but they havent been strong townreads throughout the game so Im throwing them there.

Anyway specifically HS it goes back to his stalwart defense of dunker; his white knighting. Like I dont like it all and it reminds me of Mario's defense of me in Comics. Especially now that Dunkers is near confirmed town. That said, I was hoping you and Drixx could give ur opinion on that and see if it pinged u the same way. I really should go and ISK him but ive been kinda lazy as day just started and am not in a huge rush.

Also the main reason NV and HS are in that pile is because I dont think it would be so easy that we nailed esires and drixx by now. Like im sure one of the two is scum but it seems to easy that theyre both scum. NV's recent posting has made me feel better, and HS has me flipping back and forth throughout the game although lately been feeling a bit more townie.
In post 710, NotTheRealPaul wrote:I can buy that Esires. You are sheep like meee. Welxome to the club lol.

Drixx plus HS I need to reread but atm Im liking HS more.

@skitters regarding the paeudo town bloc. I feel like you are misrepoing it a bit intentionally or not. Like you and HS in that bloc are kinda/probs. So you arent like 100% in it, but could be. So ya I scumleaned on HS, I generally still agreed with his townbloc. Like if I had to give u a townbloc it would look very similar to that. Might take HS out, not sure as his argument with Drixx made me townread him a bit more.
In post 711, NotTheRealPaul wrote:@Drixx how tf am I pocketed? HS pointed something out and when I went back to chexk I agreed a lot. I dont think Ive said recently that HS is a townlean. The closest he has gotten is slight scumlean. He sure as hell hasnt moved up to steong town so how tf am I pocketed? Dont make shit up.

VOTE: Drixx
[/spoiler]
Hopefully I didn't mess up stuff with the quote onslaught.
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:46 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

Yup many of those things I believe HS answered. Skitter brought up points against HS multiple times throughout the game which had me questioning read. The white knoght thing was a reach and I realized that when skitters kinda said he didnt really see it as similar to Comics.

So Im not sure why you posted that? I mean I applaud you for going through my ISO but could you explain more?
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:54 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

@Blackvoid hows the catching up? Any reads, thoughts on anything, etc etc?
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:09 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

In post 817, TesXX wrote:
NotTheRealPaul wrote:Fuck it HS is town. Just read his ISO. Im like 97.53542% sure on that read. Literally has been doing the most to gamesolve (might be second to skitter)
HS could be scum faking wanting to gamesolve a lot for towncred, especially because of skitter, because with skitter here HS isn't be the only one moving the gamestate forward.
So then everyone could be scum faking wanting to gamesolve for town cred?

That just seems like a dumbass argument to me. "Like scum could just be faking it" or "scum could do that too"

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”