hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:21 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

What do I think? I think it's a pretty good lynch. I just re-read, and there's nothing I can see that's useful. I was trying to wait to see what DG said before doing anything, but it's not going to happen. Plus, this lynch will get us lots of good information and give the game a jump-start.

=======[]

vote: DG
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:46 pm

Post by Atticus »

"Final"
Vote Count

Natude
(3):
ChaosOmega, Dark Ermac, Delicious Goldfish

Delicious Goldfish
(7):
Gorrad, TheSweatpantsNinja, Natude, SeraphicMirth, Haschel Cedricson, hasdgfas, Thanatos

Not Voting (2): perfect628, SilverPhoenix

Slowly, the town gathers it's strength and pulls Delicious Goldfish, a now lifelessly kicking body, to the virtual gallows thing.
Whatever it is. I didn't think that concept out very well.
Anyway, she dies. Her certificate of birth identifies her as
Psychobilly Freakout
, or Reverend Horton Heat. She was a
mafia goon

Now you must sleep. Bedtime is mandatory and comes right after a lynch.

It is now night. If you make choices, send them to me by Wednesday, February 13, 11:59 EST. Choices not sent don't happen.

Also, sorry about last votecount's off numbers.
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:15 pm

Post by Atticus »

Night lasted a bit too long, you noticed. Maybe Jupiter is out of orbit or something. Stupid daylight savings. Anyway, you go to the town square. Two people aren't there. You counted heads. Twice. Natude and SilverPhoenix are gone. You go to their homes and knock on there doors. Really hard. Because maybe they're out of orbit, too. Well, they are, in a way.

Natude, Jessica, Vanilla Townie, Pro-town, is dead.
SilverPhoenix, Arterial Black, Vanilla Townie, Pro-Town, is dead, as well.
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:07 pm

Post by Gorrad »

d3sisted wrote:I am jester.
Does anyone have ANY explanation for this? It happened right after I said
Gorrad wrote:
Haschel Cedricson wrote:
DeliciousGoldfish wrote: Is there a jester in the house?
Goddammit, do not start this.
QFT. If there IS a jester, don't frikkin' worry about it. If he wins, then good for him, we got him out of the way early. But seriously, who takes a dive in Guitar Hero?
Which makes me think that there actually IS a jester, since he'd be more likely to be lynched after what I said. However, he doesn't vote for himself...The only reason I can see is someone trying to stop votes on them by claiming a role that wins at loss.

Also, GJ yesterday.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:18 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Gorrad wrote:
d3sisted wrote:I am jester.
Does anyone have ANY explanation for this? It happened right after I said
Gorrad wrote:
Haschel Cedricson wrote:
DeliciousGoldfish wrote: Is there a jester in the house?
Goddammit, do not start this.
QFT. If there IS a jester, don't frikkin' worry about it. If he wins, then good for him, we got him out of the way early. But seriously, who takes a dive in Guitar Hero?
Which makes me think that there actually IS a jester, since he'd be more likely to be lynched after what I said. However, he doesn't vote for himself...The only reason I can see is someone trying to stop votes on them by claiming a role that wins at loss.

Also, GJ yesterday.
vote: gorrad
SeraphicMirth
SeraphicMirth
Goon
SeraphicMirth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:28 pm

Post by SeraphicMirth »

I believe he said that because he was one of those people that say dumb things when they are frustrated. Plus, I became him and I would have just let you all hang me yesterday if he was.
"One's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:39 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Right, I phrased that badly. Ok, here's my thoughts put better:

Protown: He said it because he was a desperate idiot.

Scum: He said it because he was a desperate idiot. More likely than town, unless it's a power role, because it's a terrible gambit.

Jester: He said it right after my quote, which would normally make me suspect him.
However, the fact that he didn't vote for himself makes me think scum is more likely.

If anyone has any other ideas as to why he would claim jester, I'm willing to hear them.

Vote: SeraphicMirth
. I reread, and while your posts have been generally good, d3sisted's frankly sucked. So please, take no offense, you just replaced someone very bad at being scum.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:23 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

As I pointed out yesterday, what drew me to DeliciousGoldfish was how I felt she was distancing from somebody that I felt was scummy. d3sisted was an awful player that I feel was strongly tied to DG. SeraphicMirth tried to change that, but the trail left by DG is too damning to ignore.

Sorry, Stina. Like Gorrad said, d3s and DG pretty much fucked you over in my eyes.
SeraphicMirth
SeraphicMirth
Goon
SeraphicMirth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:37 pm

Post by SeraphicMirth »

Right, because it's a smart move to come right on and lead a lynch straight to my scumbuddy?? I think not. Especially when they said she was about to be replaced. While I didn't think anyone would vote for a totally absent player and removed my vote to find other scum, when I saw they would actually vote an absent player who looked scummy, I gladly joined that vote. I think if I were scum, I would have wanted to advocate even more for waiting it out or something.

I think, Haschel, that you were trying to set up a gambit of either me or her. When the vote started rolling more towards her, you could use that to hide behind and put your vote on either one of us (it was clear by then that those were the two main suspicions of the day) when the time came. Then you can just use that same thing to vote me today.

I also think it is fishy that you were against looking for more scum as the day drew towards an end. It's kind of un-Haschel-as-town-like. No one talked about directing people's night actions. All I was calling for was more analysis or looking around for other people who were suspicious.

I am going to re-vote you
vote Haschel
same reason as yesterday, as I said then - nice set up.

I will be looking through the posts again to see who else I think is scum, but I definitely think you have shown yourself.
"One's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
SeraphicMirth
SeraphicMirth
Goon
SeraphicMirth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:39 pm

Post by SeraphicMirth »

and re: Gorrad. I suggest you re-read my posts. It is CLEAR that d3sisted was horrible at mafia. They couldn't keep track of the game at all. They didn't even notice the whole L-2 thing until pages after that whole thing had been figure out with everyone else. As scum, you would want to be sure that the facts about you were correct right away. As scum, I certainly think you'd keep more track of your position in voting and if people were misquoting you, you'd be on top of that. He wasn't. If nothing, that should show itself as more of a town thing to do.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:59 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

SeraphicMirth wrote:Right, because it's a smart move to come right on and lead a lynch straight to my scumbuddy?? I think not. Especially when they said she was about to be replaced. While I didn't think anyone would vote for a totally absent player and removed my vote to find other scum, when I saw they would actually vote an absent player who looked scummy, I gladly joined that vote. I think if I were scum, I would have wanted to advocate even more for waiting it out or something.
Yes, it's a smart move. You replaced in at L-1. By pointing to a scumbuddy, if you get lynched, then DG looks like town by comparison. As for DG on the verge of replacement, that doesn't affect things. When a replacement comes into a game, I generally will give them a chance to play before lynching them. With DG, she had not been replaced yet. In fact, since I believed DG to be scum, it is in the town's interest to get her out of here as fast as possible so that the next available replacement can replace perfect or SilverPhoenix or Dark Ermac since those are the people we need to get reads on. I think if you were scum, you would NOT have advocated even more for waiting, because when it inevitably didn't happen, it would have been apparent that you were linking yourself to her.

I think, Haschel, that you were trying to set up a gambit of either me or her. When the vote started rolling more towards her, you could use that to hide behind and put your vote on either one of us (it was clear by then that those were the two main suspicions of the day) when the time came. Then you can just use that same thing to vote me today.
No gambit. Answer me this. Why did DeliciousGoldfish fail to vote for you outside of the random phase, despite her constantly saying that d3s was scummy? Why did she attempt to shift pressure from d3s, who had been playing horribly, to Natude, a then-lurker that we now know was town? When faced with active evidence of scumminess on Person A and a lack of participation by Player B, why the hell did she choose Player B?
I also think it is fishy that you were against looking for more scum as the day drew towards an end. It's kind of un-Haschel-as-town-like. No one talked about directing people's night actions. All I was calling for was more analysis or looking around for other people who were suspicious.
I had already found two scum. More talking at that point could have led to people second-guessing themselves about DG, and that was a scenario I did not want. As for whether it was un-Haschel-as-town-like, I disagree. Long days are good for the town, sure, but there comes a point where you have to commit to a theory and use the info learned on the lynch as a basis for the next day. My goal as a townsperson is to lynch scum. I did that. I intend to do it again today.
I am going to re-vote you
vote Haschel
same reason as yesterday, as I said then - nice set up.

I will be looking through the posts again to see who else I think is scum, but I definitely think you have shown yourself.
Everybody else is free to make their own decisions. My vote stays on you. In fact, barring a cop revealing an investigation or a role claim by you that seems believeable, my vote is going to stay on you.

And don't accuse me of rolefishing with that last sentence. I'm not asking you to claim.
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Post by ChaosOmega »

vote: Haschel Cedricson
SeraphicMirth
SeraphicMirth
Goon
SeraphicMirth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:59 pm

Post by SeraphicMirth »

Haschel Cedricson wrote:No gambit. Answer me this. Why did DeliciousGoldfish fail to vote for you outside of the random phase, despite her constantly saying that d3s was scummy? Why did she attempt to shift pressure from d3s, who had been playing horribly, to Natude, a then-lurker that we now know was town? When faced with active evidence of scumminess on Person A and a lack of participation by Player B, why the hell did she choose Player B?
From my first real post of the game, addressing DG:
SeraphicMirth wrote:All of a sudden the whole d3sisted and CO things were BS? hmmf. That wasn't voiced earlier or played that way earlier from you at all. I do see you explain yourself later but the explanation doesn't quite satisfy. It seems like you're just switching between targets, Natude being someone who had maybe a little more "hard evidence" to go after...lynch lurkers is a popular one with the scum, IMO.
and I do believe that - often, lynching a lurker is the easier way out (and by "hard evidence" I meant that Natude was, in fact, lurking).

She also, may I remind you, tried to link CO and d3sisted. What say you about that in this whole scheme?

and this:
Haschel Cedricson wrote: By pointing to a scumbuddy, if you get lynched, then DG looks like town by comparison.
Pure BS, are you kidding me? I pointed out very real, concrete things that DG had done to look scummy. I don't see how DG would come out looking like roses if I had been lynched and came up scum. I definitely set her up for a closer look by everyone at some point in the game, if not right away. If I was scum and that was my play, I think I would have been more vague about why I thought she was scummy and just let people go "oh she came up scum and she pointed the finger at DG so she's probably good"..not gone into all that detail.

And I would have wanted myself to get lynched in that position, would I not? And wouldn't I refrain from adding my vote onto her and just keeping it on you? But no, as soon as I saw we could get a lynch on her, then I went for it because I felt she was scummy.

I also think this is how things played out for yesterday/last night/today:

Scum voted DG after the link had been made between us, they keep me alive and figure an easy lynch of me today. Well I'm not going down without a fight. I thought your whole gambit set up would be rid of as soon as I saw she was scum but I didn't even think about how that could be used against me today. Grand!
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:08 pm

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

I don't support the bandwagon on SM. WIFOM, WIFOM, but she could have tried to start a bandwagon on someone else, and while d3sisted's play was lazy and inattentive, it wasn't all
that
scummy, while SM's play has been quite good, including starting a bandwagon on scum.

That said, I don't really understand the backlash on Haschel. I don't particularly agree with his case, but its not terrible by any means, and he too was fairly heavily involved on the DG lynch.

I will, however,
vote Gorrad
. He jumped on the DG bandwagon right after I did, not so early to have really started it. Plus he's bringing up the jester speculation, which can only be distracting. I took d3sisted's jester claim as a joke. Its pretty clear that SM is not jester, because it would have been pretty easy for her to get herself lynched yesterday.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:58 am

Post by Gorrad »

Take a closer look, TSN
Gorrad wrote:Jester: He said it right after my quote, which would normally make me suspect him.
However, the fact that he didn't vote for himself makes me think scum is more likely.
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:34 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

Gorrad: They might just be voting you because your reasoning is terrible.
Is it any wonder things seem so awry? We swim in a sea of confusion and don't have to think to survive, so nobody listens!
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:40 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Post 303 is one of the worst posts I've ever seen. Read it a couple times, and hopefully you'll see the two major things that made me vote for Gorrad.
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:44 am

Post by Thanatos »

You're right, Has. 303 is a terrible post, (though an explanation on your part would be helpful) however...Di3sted's posts, combined with a really strong distancing connection between SM and DG make me really sure SM is the lynch for today.

Vote:SeraphicMirth
Never forget...you are Mortal.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:04 am

Post by Gorrad »

hasdgfas wrote:Post 303 is one of the worst posts I've ever seen. Read it a couple times, and hopefully you'll see the two major things that made me vote for Gorrad.
I've read and reread. I don't get it. Please explain so I can do so in return.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:12 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Gorrad wrote: QFT. If there IS a jester, don't frikkin' worry about it. If he wins, then good for him, we got him out of the way early. But seriously, who takes a dive in Guitar Hero?
Gorrad wrote: makes me think that there actually IS a jester, since he'd be more likely to be lynched after what I said.
Besides being extremely distracting (Why talk about a Jester at all unless you're scum trying to find reasons why scummy people shouldn't be lynched?) this is also a contradiction. He says that he doesn't think there's a Jester, then he thinks there is. I don't understand this flip.

Gorrad wrote: Also, GJ yesterday.
This kind of thing is one of those things that I see and it immediately sets off my scumdar. We did what we're supposed to do. Why are you congratulating us for doing our job? This seems to be the reverse of "OMG Doc's dead" syndrome and is just as scummy.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:20 am

Post by Gorrad »

You didn't quote the whole sentence.

I do not think there's a Jester!

It made me think there was,
BUT
I then went on to say that the fact that he didn't vote himself made me think scum was far more likely.

Also, yeah, we did our job. We did it well. Hence why I was pleased.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:32 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Gorrad wrote:Which makes me think that there actually IS a jester, since he'd be more likely to be lynched after what I said. However, he doesn't vote for himself...The only reason I can see is someone trying to stop votes on them by claiming a role that wins at loss.
I don't see anything here as saying that you don't think there's a jester.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:36 am

Post by Gorrad »

Gorrad wrote:Take a closer look, TSN
Gorrad wrote:Jester: He said it right after my quote, which would normally make me suspect him.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:36 am

Post by Gorrad »

And, for good measure, here's this too.
Gorrad wrote:Right, I phrased that badly. Ok, here's my thoughts put better:

Protown: He said it because he was a desperate idiot.

Scum: He said it because he was a desperate idiot. More likely than town, unless it's a power role, because it's a terrible gambit.

Jester: He said it right after my quote, which would normally make me suspect him.

If anyone has any other ideas as to why he would claim jester, I'm willing to hear them.

. I reread, and while your posts have been generally good, d3sisted's frankly sucked. So please, take no offense, you just replaced someone very bad at being scum.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:48 am

Post by hasdgfas »

I understand that you're saying that d3sisted isn't jester, because I don't think he is either. You never say that you don't think there's a jester at all, though, which was my big problem

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”