Micro 720: Pokémon episode 7 GAME OVER

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Dextermod
Dextermod
Townie
Dextermod
Townie
Townie

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:23 am

Post by Dextermod »

Day 1, VC 3

-

Javajoe24 (2)
-
theslimer3, BlueBloodedToffee

Wisdom (1)
-
Javajoe24

theslimer3 (1)
-
Infinity 324

BlueBloodedToffee (3)
-
Not_Mafia, Wisdom, GuiltyLion

Not Voting (2)
-
Gamma Emerald, beeboy

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch! Deadline is in (expired on 2017-07-03 13:32:17).

Mod Notes -
Gamma Emerald has been prodded
Hydra account of KuroiXHF and Radja
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:50 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 72, GuiltyLion wrote:I'm curious to know how well Wisdom/slimer know each other and what Wisdom thinks about slimer so far.
Pretty well but havent played with him in ages

Cant say i have a read
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:07 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 72, GuiltyLion wrote:]
but I mean like, do you really think slimer is so bad at scum that she would forget where she was currently voting? I thought you might have this kind of intention but it just seems 'too easy'. And I don't necessarily agree that slimer was trying to "discredit" the wagon, I thought she had other motives for what she posted, but I'll let her answer your first this time before jumping in further.
I mean, that part of my response was 100% sarcastic and I thought that was super obvious even without the eyeroll at the end.

Slimer was very clearly trying to discredit the wagon as well.

VOTE: GuiltyLion

Have a vote.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:20 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 77, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I mean, that part of my response was 100% sarcastic and I thought that was super obvious even without the eyeroll at the end.
so you ask a low effort question that's not really going to tell you much about someone's alignment, I ask you what you were hoping to do with it, you then sarcastically say it would have told you their alignment, and I'm trying to ask you whether you
really
believe that. Are you saying the answer is just "no"? Why am I scummy?

and if you're going to move your vote off of slimer, I'll just say then that I thought their reason for allegedly "discrediting the wagon" was to poke at Infinity who
also
asked a pretty weak and surface level question. It's entirely reasonable to both be on an RVS wagon and also ask someone else why they're trying to ascribe meaning to an RVS wagon, and I still don't really follow what the point of your line of questioning was.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:28 am

Post by theslimer3 »

In post 69, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 66, theslimer3 wrote: Is disliking rvs the same as disliking a wagon?
You answered my question with a question.

I'll give you one more chance to try and answer it.
or what? You're gonna vote me too?

In post 70, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 68, Infinity 324 wrote:Sometimes has still done nothing but try to look town
Slimer*
is my town swag that great that I protrude it without even trying? Typically I like attention. Normally that means looking slightly scummy, but at least it draws players to me
Im a black cat anyway.
GTKAS Slimer
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:21 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Where are you trying to look for scum right now
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:37 am

In post 78, GuiltyLion wrote: so you ask a low effort question that's not really going to tell you much about someone's alignment, I ask you what you were hoping to do with it, you then sarcastically say it would have told you their alignment, and I'm trying to ask you whether you
really
believe that. Are you saying the answer is just "no"? Why am I scummy?

and if you're going to move your vote off of slimer, I'll just say then that I thought their reason for allegedly "discrediting the wagon" was to poke at Infinity who
also
asked a pretty weak and surface level question. It's entirely reasonable to both be on an RVS wagon and also ask someone else why they're trying to ascribe meaning to an RVS wagon, and I still don't really follow what the point of your line of questioning was.
Why are you coming at me like you have never seen a low effort question in RVS before?

I have already very clearly shown my reasoning for why I asked Slimer that question - if you're struggling to grasp what it was, that isn't my problem.

The fact you missed the sarcasm makes me think you're probably scum as scum tend to miss the tone of posts a lot more than town. Then there's the whole making a big deal out of a fairly standard question and I get a narrative feel from your push - as opposed to you trying to work out my alignment.

Like, even your first question would have been answered had you waited for Slimer to respond to me first. I don't see you scum hunting - just attempting to push a narrative.

I also don't believe I was voting Slimer at any point in this game. Not yet anyway.

Why did you say 'allegedly' discrediting the wagon? That doesn't fit in with what you're trying to show with your thought process. Did you think she was discrediting the wagon or not? Because if you don't then I don't see where your line of thinking comes from on Slimer (unless you just made it up?) And if you do, well, I don't see why you're questioning my position on that issue.

Which is it?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:38 am

By the way guys, for any of you that haven't got the memo; GL is scum.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:48 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 81, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Why are you coming at me like you have never seen a low effort question in RVS before?
I'm not, I'm trying to sort you and using a question I didn't like as a good starting point to do it.
In post 81, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I have already very clearly shown my reasoning for why I asked Slimer that question - if you're struggling to grasp what it was, that isn't my problem.
I don't think you have? Like your response was:
In post 64, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Well, I was hoping he would have said he disliked it. Then I could have said 'Ah ha, you were on the wagon though! Conf!Scum for forgetting you were on the wagon!
which you then later said was sarcastic. So I don't feel my original question was ever truly answered. How would your original question help you sort slimer?

And it should be your problem, it's partially your job to help me read you as town if you're town.
In post 81, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:The fact you missed the sarcasm makes me think you're probably scum as scum tend to miss the tone of posts a lot more than town.
Uh, what? Town or scum can miss sarcasm, it's incredibly easy to misread tone in text. I also don't think sarcasm is ever really very pro-town to employ as it generally obfuscates what you're trying to say, but unfortunately many people on this site like to use it regardless of their alignment.
In post 81, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I also don't believe I was voting Slimer at any point in this game. Not yet anyway.
whoops, you're right, my mistake.
In post 81, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Why did you say 'allegedly' discrediting the wagon? That doesn't fit in with what you're trying to show with your thought process. Did you think she was discrediting the wagon or not? Because if you don't then I don't see where your line of thinking comes from on Slimer (unless you just made it up?) And if you do, well, I don't see why you're questioning my position on that issue.

Which is it?
I don't believe slimer was discrediting the wagon - I thought I made this pretty clear when I stated:
In post 72, GuiltyLion wrote:And I don't necessarily agree that slimer was trying to "discredit" the wagon, I thought she had other motives for what she posted, but I'll let her answer your 63 first this time before jumping in further.

and followed it up with
In post 78, GuiltyLion wrote:and if you're going to move your vote off of slimer, I'll just say then that I thought their reason for allegedly "discrediting the wagon" was to poke at Infinity who also asked a pretty weak and surface level question. It's entirely reasonable to both be on an RVS wagon and also ask someone else why they're trying to ascribe meaning to an RVS wagon, and I still don't really follow what the point of your line of questioning was.
Also, I don't think I'm really pushing you or selling a narrative here. I've voted you but never said that you're scum, as I don't have any particularly strong reads yet. Where in my posts are you getting the impression that I'm pushing you for lynch?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:00 pm

In post 83, GuiltyLion wrote: I don't think you have?
In post 63, BlueBloodedToffee wrote: Then why did you try to discredit and play down what was obviously a RVS wagon before the person being wagoned has a chance to respond?
This is why I asked the question - we have been discussing this over the past few posts and I can't quite believe I'm having to quote this.
In post 83, GuiltyLion wrote:Uh, what? Town or scum can miss sarcasm, it's incredibly easy to misread tone in text.
Nah, scum tend to focus on the content of a post as opposed to town who try to understand the emotion/viewpoint behind a post as well as the content.
In post 83, GuiltyLion wrote:Also, I don't think I'm really pushing you or selling a narrative here. I've voted you but never said that you're scum, as I don't have any particularly strong reads yet. Where in my posts are you getting the impression that I'm pushing you for lynch?
You're right - why would I take you voting me and then attacking my questioning of another player as a sign you wanted to lynch me. I'm crazy. Is there anyone else you're trying not to lynch? Or just me? (<<More sarcasm)
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:04 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 84, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Is there anyone else you're trying not to lynch?
yah, pretty much everyone atm. the game just started

anyway I still don't think slimer was discrediting the wagon and was trying to engage with Infinity, but I'm getting the sense that you were genuinely trying to sort with your question

UNVOTE:
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:08 pm

Post by theslimer3 »

In post 80, Infinity 324 wrote:Where are you trying to look for scum right now
I dunno. I'm keeping my eyes on BBT right now. He seems to be searching for a reason to find someone to be scummy rather than finding out if someone is or not. Could just be RQS hijinks though
Im a black cat anyway.
GTKAS Slimer
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:09 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 86, theslimer3 wrote:He seems to be searching for a reason to find someone to be scummy rather than finding out if someone is or not.
can you elaborate on this
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:10 pm

In post 27, Infinity 324 wrote:Java what do you make of the wagon on you?
In post 28, theslimer3 wrote:Other than the fact that it's made up from rvs and no real serious thought went into his wagon at all?
How is this not discrediting? Infinity is attempting to gauge the reaction of somebody being wagoned (genuine or otherwise) and before the person being wagoned can respond Slimer implies the wagon has no real power/purpose effectively easing any concerns around the wagon that Java might have had.

It completely kills any type of useful response we could have received when the wagon is effectively stopped before it even got going.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:17 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 88, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:How is this not discrediting? Infinity is attempting to gauge the reaction of somebody being wagoned (genuine or otherwise) and before the person being wagoned can respond Slimer implies the wagon has no real power/purpose effectively easing any concerns around the wagon that Java might have had.

It completely kills any type of useful response we could have received when the wagon is effectively stopped before it even got going.
But presumably java already knows it's a RVS wagon with no real serious thought in it, because that's what it was. I thought Infinity's question was pretty toothless and I don't think scum!java would have a hard time responding to it. Java gave a response any way in , would you say this wasn't a useful response because of slimer's post?

I could easily see a town!slimer finding Infinity's question weak and purposeless and going after him for it, so I didn't have an understanding of why you posted and I didn't think was scummy.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:22 pm

It doesn't matter whether he knows it's RVS or not - people have been hammered on page 1 before and nobody likes that to happen to them.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:25 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

Sure, but that's the power of L-1, not pretending that the things that slimer pointed out aren't true. If you want to scrutinize someone for deflating a useful wagon, you should be looking at beeboy first IMO
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:29 pm

In post 91, GuiltyLion wrote:Sure, but that's the power of L-1, not pretending that the things that slimer pointed out aren't true. If you want to scrutinize someone for deflating a useful wagon, you should be looking at beeboy first IMO
The power of L-1 doesn't exist when a player on the wagon already expresses the futility of it.

Nah, I don't see anything wrong with what Beeboy did?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:31 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 92, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:The power of L-1 doesn't exist when a player on the wagon already expresses the futility of it.
do you honestly believe this or are you just arguing for the sake of arguing now? Not_Mafia could lolhammer at L-1 regardless of why people voted or what thoughts they currently have about the wagon. As long as the votes stay there, the pressure is there, even if every voter says that they're townreading java and they don't want him to be lynched.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:36 pm

I believe it.

As soon as somebody begins to question the validity of an early game wagon (especially when they're on it) the rest of the people begin to realize the wagon is now pointless and it usually leads to an unvote and removal of the L-1 and sometimes even a stall in the game.
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:58 pm

Post by theslimer3 »

In post 90, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:It doesn't matter whether he knows it's RVS or not - people have been hammered on page 1 before and nobody likes that to happen to them.
Who the hell would ever do something like that??
Im a black cat anyway.
GTKAS Slimer
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:55 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 86, theslimer3 wrote:
I dunno. I'm keeping my eyes on BBT right now. He seems to be searching for a reason to find someone to be scummy rather than finding out if someone is or not. Could just be RQS hijinks though
What do you think of guilty's questioning of him? And why didn't you have any questions of your own?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:19 pm

Post by theslimer3 »

In post 96, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 86, theslimer3 wrote:
What do you think of guilty's questioning of him? And why didn't you have any questions of your own?
Out of all his posts here, only 1 isn't related to BBT.
As far as what he's saying, I don't think they're alignment indicative. I wouldn't have came to the same conclusions he has either.

As far as my own questions, other than provoking him I'm not quite sure what to say. I'm just a bit captivated by their conversation. Although I will say if either guilty or BBT flips scum, it's likely the other are. Just due to the focus guilty seems to be putting on just BBT, even if it is the only thing going on that isn't playful banter
Im a black cat anyway.
GTKAS Slimer
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:24 pm

Post by Wisdom »

thats shallow

Lots of people deathtunnel, doesnt mean theyre buddies
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:25 pm

Post by theslimer3 »

In post 87, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 86, theslimer3 wrote:He seems to be searching for a reason to find someone to be scummy rather than finding out if someone is or not.
can you elaborate on this
Other than his initial questioning being weak and directing towards conclusions that seem a bit absurd?
I'm saying that rvs is wacky not that we should abolish it, not that his wagon wasn't supposed to get any info, and not that he could get hammered quickly.

But I think town would want to find the reasoning behind what I said there, not jump to thier own conclusions. Or am Is this a newbie and I wasn't aware?
Im a black cat anyway.
GTKAS Slimer

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”