Mini 1918: Paint Mafia Threequel! Game Over!

Bomberman
Bomberman
Goon
Bomberman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1425 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:48 pm

Post by Bomberman »

One more thing, it's stupidly hard to read slots like Aristo/Apricity. I keep them in the back of my mind waiting for some sort of spark, but it's never really come. The worst thing about being wrong about someone is the fact you were wrong on them because of their own indifference. This gives me pause about those two in this particular instance because they are bordering on useless, and right now we've tried the approach of 'useless' and that person turned out to be town (Gamma). At that point, you have to ask yourself if scum is really just sitting in the background watching fro99er mislynch everyone for him.

The likely answer for me is no, but what's further is that if somehow it's not him it's gotta be Varsoon. That's where I'm at right now and then me wanting Havo is just in conjuction with everything else going on, where Havo just looks like the odd man out to me.
Bomberman
Bomberman
Goon
Bomberman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1426 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:50 pm

Post by Bomberman »

Aptil, you said you didn't get a shot in yes? Roleblocked of the sort? Try again. Shoot someone you think is scum because I'm not gonna direct your shot and give you something to pin the blame on in the case you're scum.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1427 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:53 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I've already stated my stance, which is a bit at-odds with Havo who would lead lynches away from my pool of suspects.

VOTE: Havo
I'll stand by this.

We're better off with Frog alive. Tomorrow, we color flip him and have him check someone who isn't him. If he's town, that gives us the best info, imo. If he's scum, we'll at least have associatives.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1428 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:55 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Your 1423 resonates with me;
I also feel like I'm really thrust into being globally townread and also that if I make a poor decision, people will sheep it without doing any thinking for themselves.
Bomberman
Bomberman
Goon
Bomberman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1429 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:56 pm

Post by Bomberman »

Another thing: Fro99er's claim sucks. It's a pretty useless role if you think about it, because what does it say other than the person was targeted by scum? Is this supposed to be a pseudo-cop of some sorts where people who are painted are seemingly town? I'm hardpressed to believe that for a multitude of reasons, but the fact remains is that the way he did was also pretty shit too. If we take in account of the idea fro99er being our pseudo-cop and scum having the ability to paint people different colors...what purpose would that serve for scum? How does painting someone benefit for them? Why would they ever paint someone again if we flipped someone and they flipped a different albeit being town?

It logistically doesn't make sense, therefore I'm inclined to believe it's bullshit. Everything about fro99er is bullshit.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1430 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:08 pm

Post by Varsoon »

It lets us know ahead of time that they were painted, bomber.
If a player is painted, color-flipping them no longer is a cop result for us.
In this way, fro99er's role (if it's not all a bullshit gambit) lets us know whether or not we should color flip someone.

For instance, today, he said that Gamma had not been painted.
So we flipped the Gamma/Penguin slot.
It flipped Blue. This townclears Gamma/Penguin if no one is lying and scum doesn't have access to Blue Paint.

If Cheetory designed the game such that scum has access to Blue Paint and Fro99er gambitted around that in an attempt to force us to soft-confirm scum-Penguin as town, then this game is practically bastard.
However, given what Cheetory had to say about Blue Paint in previous games and the current paint trajectory, I highly doubt that's the case.

The mechanical logisitics of fro99er's claim don't bother me so much. What throws me off is the way he claimed--when and why. I see it as a bold play regardless of alignment, which is why I've been critical of it.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #1431 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:27 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

aptil (1) - Fro99er
MaxwellPuckett (1) - aptil
Aristophanes (1) - MaxwellPuckett
Havo (1) - Varsoon

Not Voting:
Havo, Aristophanes, PenguinPower, Bomberman, Apricity

With 9 alive it takes 5 to Lynch.
Day Three will end in (expired on 2017-06-26 22:00:00)
aptil
aptil
Mafia Scum
aptil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1432 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:39 pm

Post by aptil »

In post 1426, Bomberman wrote:Aptil, you said you didn't get a shot in yes? Roleblocked of the sort? Try again. Shoot someone you think is scum because I'm not gonna direct your shot and give you something to pin the blame on in the case you're scum.
When did I say that? I didn't get a message that my shot has returned. Didn't know that can happen. Only got the message from Cheeto that my action is received and then when the day started saw my shot is dead. So I claimed the hit. As far as I know my shot is gone .
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1433 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:40 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

I'm v/p.a.

Max, why the fuck am I scum?
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Havo
Havo
Mafia Scum
Havo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1434 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:43 pm

Post by Havo »

In post 1419, Varsoon wrote:I really wish people would post and play. Our deadlines are really short and chances are that scum want to take advantage of that.
So You want to lynch one of the few active players?
In post 1416, Havo wrote:
But if Frog, Penguin and Varsoon can come to a consensus on who to lynch I'd be down with that for sure.
In post 1427, Varsoon wrote:I've already stated my stance, which is a bit at-odds with Havo who would lead lynches away from my pool of suspects.
How is this me leading people away from your suspects exactly?
Havo
Havo
Mafia Scum
Havo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1435 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:48 pm

Post by Havo »

In post 1423, Bomberman wrote:There's been a certain stigma about this game where TwoFace flipped red and everyone just assumed that the people involved preemptively (Me, Varsoon, Fro99er and perhaps Aristo) were immediately town because of it. I don't like this being put on me and I would ask people read what I am saying instead of being right on someone who even a blind person could see was scum.
This is just bull. So I'm supposed to believe that scum Would vote their own partner without any pressure on them to do this?
Havo
Havo
Mafia Scum
Havo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1436 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:50 pm

Post by Havo »

In post 1426, Bomberman wrote:Aptil, you said you didn't get a shot in yes? Roleblocked of the sort? Try again. Shoot someone you think is scum because I'm not gonna direct your shot and give you something to pin the blame on in the case you're scum.
In post 1224, aptil wrote:I shot JJ .
Havo
Havo
Mafia Scum
Havo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1437 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:51 pm

Post by Havo »

In post 1436, Havo wrote:
In post 1224, aptil wrote:I shot JJ .
Where the Hell does the "Roleblock" of some sort come from??????
Havo
Havo
Mafia Scum
Havo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1438 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:52 pm

Post by Havo »

In post 1427, Varsoon wrote:I've already stated my stance, which is a bit at-odds with Havo who would lead lynches away from my pool of suspects.

I'll stand by this.

We're better off with Frog alive. Tomorrow, we color flip him and have him check someone who isn't him. If he's town, that gives us the best info, imo. If he's scum, we'll at least have associatives.
So you're saying I'm a better lynch than Apricity or April or Ari?

You'd rather lynch someone who's trying to game solve than someone who's not?
Havo
Havo
Mafia Scum
Havo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1439 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:56 pm

Post by Havo »

In post 1427, Varsoon wrote:
What?

What make you think Frog will be alive tomorrow? What makes you think scum won't kill him or paint him?
Bomberman
Bomberman
Goon
Bomberman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1440 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:16 pm

Post by Bomberman »

In post 1435, Havo wrote:
In post 1423, Bomberman wrote:There's been a certain stigma about this game where TwoFace flipped red and everyone just assumed that the people involved preemptively (Me, Varsoon, Fro99er and perhaps Aristo) were immediately town because of it. I don't like this being put on me and I would ask people read what I am saying instead of being right on someone who even a blind person could see was scum.
This is just bull. So I'm supposed to believe that scum Would vote their own partner without any pressure on them to do this?
Yeah? You need to update your opinions on players instead of holding them to only flimsy wagon on a person who was playing a bad scumgame.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1441 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:34 pm

Post by Varsoon »

@Havo: My proposed lynch pool is, from least likely to yield scum to most likely:
Fro99er, Maxwell, Aptil, Bomberman, Havo.

You began pushing towards Aristophanes and Apricity. Those people aren't in my pool. They're not actively engaged, but neither is half the playerbase. I've got a townread on Aristo. I don't on Apricity. Neither is where I'd like to focus my efforts today.

By not lynching fro99er, we bind scum's play regardless of fro99er's alignment.
If fro99er is scum, he'll have to paint himself purple, wasting scum's paint resource.
If fro99er is town, scum will be forced either kill him (which keeps us from lynching him) or paint him, thus keeping scum's paint resource from hitting someone else.
In the case that fro99er lives, he can then yield (hopefully) a result on a different player. Then we can go on to either flip that player (if unpainted) to get another confirmed town OR
if they are painted, we can flip fro99er.
If fro99er is blue, we've confirmed fro99er as town.
If fro99er is purple, a lynch there eliminates fro99er scum and proves town-fro99er's clears.
If fro99er is red, then we definitely lynch it.

In short, if we proceed this way, we maximize our results regardless of fro99er's alignment.
If he's scum, he's lynched tomorrow, putting us in good stride to win.
If he's town, he's either dead tomorrow (meaning we don't waste a lynch on him) or he provides us with another result (he flips blue, clearing himself, or he flips purple but clears another).

If we lynch fro99er right now, though, we don't get any of that extra info, we don't inhibit scum's play if fro99er is town, and we gamble with less info than we could have.

As for my push on you, you're the most likely person to be scum in my eyes. Of course you have to seem like you're contributing and gamesolving, because otherwise you slip right into the group of lurkers that you'd have executed for being absent.

I appreciate your effort if you are town, but I want you to do more to case out scum and win. Take my vote as encouragement to do so.
aptil
aptil
Mafia Scum
aptil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1442 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:35 pm

Post by aptil »

In post 1438, Havo wrote:

I'll stand by this.

So you're saying I'm a better lynch than Apricity or April or Ari?

You'd rather lynch someone who's trying to game solve than someone who's not?
I reject the idea that I'm not trying to game solve.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1443 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:37 pm

Post by Varsoon »

@Aptil: Why don't you start doing some game solving rather than just trying at it? As far as I can see, the last few pages that you've been active have just been short backs-and-forth about what actually happened with your claimed shot.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1444 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:38 pm

Post by Varsoon »

But, yes, I would really appreciate it if Penguin and Apricity could play the game.
aptil
aptil
Mafia Scum
aptil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1445 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:42 pm

Post by aptil »

I already have put my case out on Maxwell. No one either saw it or have seen and not react on it . It's pretty to similar to what you're saying and I reacted to your post and said why you should look at Max instead of Havo.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1446 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:46 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Varsoon, who is scum?
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1447 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:26 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 1446, Aristophanes wrote:Varsoon, who is scum?
In post 1388, Varsoon wrote:To me, scum is almost certainly on the Raya wagon, out of Fro99er, aptil, MaxwellPuckett, Bomberman, and Havo.
Which makes my skin crawl that we colorflipped Penguin instead of one of those suspects, and it drives my paranoia more because fro99er lead that push for the colorflip.
Where this gets unnerving is looking at people who were complicit with colorflipping OUTSIDE of the Raya wagon: MaxwellPuckett, Bomberman, Havo, Fro99er.
Literally the whole Raya wagon with the exception of Aptil, who was voting for Maxwell.

What does this mean to me?
We should be most critical of Bomberman/Havo.
If we find scum in Max/Aptil, it's very likely the other is town.
Fro99er continues to be an enigma to me and why they color checked outside of the Raya wagon confounds me.
I'm voting Havo right now. That's my pick.
If you look at Bomberman and Havo's contributions for the last few pages, Bomberman's feel more town than Havo's--at least, that's what's apparent to me.

I really feel like one scum may be in the 'active' group and one in the 'inactive' side, but that really only leaves Apricity given my reads. However, I'm curious if scum-Havo would be so quick to commit to throwing scum-Apricity under the bus as half-heartedly as they have today. Hm.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1448 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:27 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 1445, aptil wrote:I already have put my case out on Maxwell. No one either saw it or have seen and not react on it . It's pretty to similar to what you're saying and I reacted to your post and said why you should look at Max instead of Havo.
I'd be cool with consolidating on Max if more people believe that's where we should go.
That said, there's just more that points me to Havo-scum.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1449 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:40 am

Post by Varsoon »

That said, do your own thinking (aloud, preferably).
Aristo, who is scum?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”