Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:44 pm

Post by MathBlade »

When new players enter Mafia sites they tend to abandon it if they get a scum role PM and be reminded to play and/or just drop out altogether. They have a perception scum is unfun. It is one of the reasons newbie games are kept tiny. Date less than 6 months old qualifies.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:46 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 523, Wisdom wrote:
In post 515, Almost50 wrote:1- Did the WWs bus?
2- If not, then the other WW is in Math/MMM/Me. Which of the three would you think is it?
Thats shitty logic and again, i dont care about the ww today
Amen.

I don't like all this talk trying to not talk about Gingham Dog going on. I think scum is being pushed here.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:40 pm

Post by Vedith »

In post 488, Tails wrote:@Vedith: What about Titus/Almost read TvS?
Well, not them against each other directly, but they way that both were pushing against the lynch suggests strongly that they didn't want their buddy to be lynched. WW losing a member day 1 puts them in a situation where the chances of winning are slim.
Titus wouldn't defend that hard without additional knowledge to the situation (Unless it was just an ego war with Wisdom, of course).

What's your stand on the situation again?
I claim scum \o/
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:25 pm

Post by Wisdom »

did i mention vedith is scum? yeah
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:26 pm

Post by Vedith »

In post 528, Wisdom wrote:did i mention vedith is scum? yeah
Cool :up:
I claim scum \o/
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:29 pm

Post by MMM »

In post 525, MathBlade wrote:When new players enter Mafia sites they tend to abandon it if they get a scum role PM and be reminded to play and/or just drop out altogether. They have a perception scum is unfun.
How come?
GinghamDog
GinghamDog
Goon
GinghamDog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:09 am

Post by GinghamDog »

In post 522, Wisdom wrote:
In post 519, GinghamDog wrote:I have votes but I'm not really sure what to say about them since I don't know why they exist. Granted, I'm only skimming through and jumping around but I'm not seeing what Transcend did to earn scum reads other than replacing out? Or is it just POE? Or just Transcend being Transcend? lol
This is called "why me fry me"
Focusing on why hes scumread rather than who is scum
First, I'm not a he. Second, I've never replaced into a slot that was already being voted on, so this is new for me. Naturally I want to understand why my predecessor was being voted and I don't see a clear case on him. I'm also still reading through the thread, will try to get a reads list together shortly.
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:22 am

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

In post 530, MMM wrote:
In post 525, MathBlade wrote:When new players enter Mafia sites they tend to abandon it if they get a scum role PM and be reminded to play and/or just drop out altogether. They have a perception scum is unfun.
How come?
"They have perception scum is unfun"

@Mathblade What about Dunkers post makes u think he did this? Im not getting a disinterested vibe from him.
GinghamDog
GinghamDog
Goon
GinghamDog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:37 am

Post by GinghamDog »

Here is my current reads list, but there's a lot of hunches and POE going on so far:

Townish:

Dunkerdoodles
Tails (I like a lot of his stuff with A50, but I feel that argument was probably t vs t)
Wisdom (he is pushing my slot a lot, but I think his play feels town motivated.. he's def not mafia since he prefers to go after them instead of WW, and I doubt he would be so obvious if he was WW)
MMM (his one-man show after replacing in seems pretty town to me; not saying scum wouldn't do this, but I think it's less likely)
Almost50 (played with him as scum and he's fairly hard to read.. I like some of his posts although I agreed more with Tails in their little melee)

Scummish:

NotTheRealPaul (seems newbscum, probably my most clear scum read, but I don't think he's WW)
Bins (purely POE since neither person in this slot did much)
MathBlade (525 feels like he's casting shadow on a player for something that isn't really true. For instance I'm new and I relish in scum roles, I get more bored as vanilla town)
Vedith (feels like scum doing the bare minimum)
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:48 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 532, NotTheRealPaul wrote:
In post 530, MMM wrote:
How come?
"They have perception scum is unfun"

@Mathblade What about Dunkers post makes u think he did this? Im not getting a disinterested vibe from him.
That was inregards to GinghamDog. She imo reads like that because she isn't picking a post and saying why she thinks what she does it's all "hunches" and just smoke.
In regards to why newbies do this I only observe the patterns. I don't know enough psychology to fathom a guess why.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
GinghamDog
GinghamDog
Goon
GinghamDog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:55 am

Post by GinghamDog »

That doesn't make sense. I explained why I was absent from the Day Start. How can you call that role abandonment?
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:08 am

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

Gningham what exactly about Dunkers makes you think he is town? His avoidal of questions? His lack of reasoning?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:21 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 535, GinghamDog wrote:That doesn't make sense. I explained why I was absent from the Day Start. How can you call that role abandonment?
It wasn't explained at the time I made the post.

Furthermore you're still not giving reasons for reads while expecting others to do so. Why me fry me is an excellent quote from Wisdom.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:23 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 518, GinghamDog wrote:sorry all, I'm moving and haven't had internet since Friday.. literally haven't read a page of this game yet so I'll attempt to catch up asap
This is not an explanation FYI it is an excuse.

Possible but I doubt it. How did you replace in without internet access?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:36 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 533, GinghamDog wrote:he's def not mafia since he prefers to go after them instead of WW
Why does that mean he can't be Mafia?
He doesn't seem to care who to go for (or at least claims). So why can't he be Mafia trying to manipulate people voting away from Mafia?
I claim scum \o/
GinghamDog
GinghamDog
Goon
GinghamDog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:37 am

Post by GinghamDog »

In post 538, MathBlade wrote:
In post 518, GinghamDog wrote:sorry all, I'm moving and haven't had internet since Friday.. literally haven't read a page of this game yet so I'll attempt to catch up asap
This is not an explanation FYI it is an excuse.

Possible but I doubt it. How did you replace in without internet access?
There was a long gap in between Day 1 and Day 2 due to several replacements. I replaced in on June 19.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:38 am

Post by MathBlade »

And yet you are more concerned about saving yourself than explaining your hunches. I have work but you need to be lynched.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
GinghamDog
GinghamDog
Goon
GinghamDog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:39 am

Post by GinghamDog »

In post 539, Vedith wrote:
In post 533, GinghamDog wrote:he's def not mafia since he prefers to go after them instead of WW
He doesn't seem to care who to go for (or at least claims). So why can't he be Mafia trying to manipulate people voting away from Mafia?
He made a post explaining why he wanted to go after mafia and leave the WW alone for now, I'm at work so it's hard for me to go back and look right now.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:40 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 542, GinghamDog wrote:He made a post explaining why he wanted to go after mafia and leave the WW alone for now, I'm at work so it's hard for me to go back and look right now.
But why can't he manipulate who scum is to us?
You have ruled Wisdom out as Mafia because he is 'looking' for Mafia?
I claim scum \o/
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:03 am

Post by MMM »

In post 534, MathBlade wrote:In regards to why newbies do this I only observe the patterns. I don't know enough psychology to fathom a guess why.
Fair nuff.
GinghamDog
GinghamDog
Goon
GinghamDog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:15 am

Post by GinghamDog »

This is an ironic position for me to be in. I've always REALLY wanted to play an SK-type role; I thought it would be right up my alley to work alone and survive at any cost. Here I finally have the chance, but I'm in a slot that's fairly well scum-read and I don't have enough real-life time or energy to dig myself out of the hole my predecessor put me in. If I was a better player with more time to focus on the game, I'd at least try to turn this around, but I don't have it in me. I don't think it's worth my sanity at this point anyway. I get pretty passionate in these games, and this situation is a recipe for bad blood.

So yes, I'm the Werewolf.
I'll gladly work with town to kill mafia in exchange for being endgamed and not lynched.
I guess technically you'd still have to lynch me after mafia is gone, but I'll happily bow out at that point and we'll call it a day. Can we make that deal?

It'd be different if I started the game fresh in this role, but like I said, I just simply don't have the mental wherewithal to take over a doomed slot, and I feel like I'm only going to make enemies with you guys in the process. Believe me, I hate wasting a cool slot with bad play, and I hate throwing a wrench into the mod's setup. But if I replaced out, it would be even more obvious that the slot is scum, and my replacement would have an even harder time. It's just not fun.

So there's my proposal. Direct me who to nightkill by mass-vote, whatever. I'm pro-town all the way, and I'm fine taking the loss if I can do something constructive and still have some fun in the game.

(Oh, and for the record, my reasons for not being around at Day start were in fact true. It irks me to tell the truth and still look like I'm lying.)
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:25 am

Post by Tails »

In post 527, Vedith wrote: Titus wouldn't defend that hard without additional knowledge to the situation (Unless it was just an ego war with Wisdom, of course).
Given the replace out, I'm going with ego war.
In post 527, Vedith wrote: What's your stand on the situation again?
Almost got buddied and Titus had a stick up her butt.
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:29 am

Post by Tails »

In post 539, Vedith wrote:
This is blatantly untrue.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:32 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 545, GinghamDog wrote:So yes, I'm the Werewolf. I'll gladly work with town to kill mafia in exchange for being endgamed and not lynched.
I claim scum \o/
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:32 am

Post by Vedith »

UNVOTE: Math
I claim scum \o/

Return to “Completed Open Games”