Mini 1924: Mountainish Mafia GAME OVER!!!

Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:56 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Another pagetop of glory :) :)

VC 1.4
Carcalilly
(4): Nosferatu , Zachstralkita , Blabche , GinghamDog
Vedith
(1): Lycanfire
Dwlee99
(1): Carcalilly
Blanche
(1): Vedith

Not Voting
(6): shaddowez, DisplayName, Dunnstral, Dwlee99, Kinetic, Vijarada
With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch
The day will end on Sunday, July 16/17 at 9pm EST or in (expired on 2017-07-16 21:00:00)

Mod Notes:

Kraska head of Blanche is V/LA until further notice.
All slots which have not confirmed yet have until tonight to do so! If they fail to do this, I will start searching for replacements!
Last edited by Aristophanes on Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:03 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

Well let me preface this by saying kraska and giga have never scumposted to me before so my POV is definitely unique considering how scummy they are this game IMO

Spoiler:
In post 6, Blanche wrote:
In post 0, Aristophanes wrote:3. The Mafia will have an appointed "Godfather" to make their kills.
on a more serious note though kraska and i have been trying to figure out what the mechanical purpose of this is but we cant think of anything

the rolecop is obvious but??

this should come up later in the game
This is the first post you make. We discuss this point later but you come blasting out of the gate with mechanic discussion and your play that follows is "Hey. WHY ARE YOU RVSING IN RVS? I'M NOT RVSING! IN RVS!"
In post 8, Blanche wrote:
In post 7, Vedith wrote:VOTE: shaddowez
no thoughts on the above?
In post 17, Blanche wrote:Image

VOTE: zach

This was a joke to me - from your later posts we see that it apparently isn't
In post 18, Blanche wrote:zach is actually worrying me btw and i really hope im not underestimating him
This was a joke to me - from your later posts we see that it apparently isn't

So my response to this initially is what the fuck are you talking about? Was the impression that you can read me? Are you underestimating my scumplay or my townplay? Where is the logical basis to actually hold this off of one RVS vote?

both of these are in response to a fucking obvious RVS vote LMFAO
In post 21, Blanche wrote:i thought zach would have a better attention to detail - especially when it came to us
let me not specify and try to guilt trip zach for not knowing things that he doesn't know? LOL

I said everything I had to say about godfather discussion as we went into this conversation
In post 31, Blanche wrote:thats fine zach

just vote vedith or anyone who isnt lycan or me and you can be town too :up:
Yeah, don't do this town leader bullshit with me, I don't follow it from anyone

I know you kinda play like you're obvtown but I never usually take issue with that because I usually tr you.

If your behavior is scummy to me I'm going to seek clarification and possibly vote you. If in lieu of substantive responses(which I need to sort) you act like you're obv town and I'm just the one that doesn't know it, I'm going to lynch you.

In post 37, Blanche wrote:wow dunn really is right about you zach
In post 40, Blanche wrote:zach, what are your thoughts on the mechanic i pointed out earlier?

and the reactions that followed, too.
Zachstralkita wrote:Dunn has woven several slanderous tales thereof pertaining to my character
i mean

kraska put in a good word for you but
i like to focus what's going on in the now you know
Literally zero clue what this even means. Was bolded referring to my "super scummy" RVS vote on you?

Also look at the top of this post : "The REACTIONS that followed later"

We'll get to that
In post 49, Blanche wrote:if you're referring to zach, yes

if you're referring to you, no
This is the post that indicates you having me scumread for a "night 0 guilty peek" in RVS is not a joke. It's uh.. wonderful really
In post 51, Blanche wrote:
In post 50, Zachstralkita wrote:No one reacted to this itself though

Which is the post of all these posts which has the most to do with the game

I thought that's what "reactions"

Side note idk why you just came out firing out of the gate lol that was weird

You know people are going to RVS.
i think dunn at least acknowledged it - as he should

vedith completely ignored it until i pressed him on it and gave a bad reaction (though it's actually a reaction i can see him giving as town so i'm going to hold off on voting there - feel free to sheep him but i'm putting my vote elsewhere)

gingham i guess i'm highlighting more for my general shenanigans but i think there's stuff to talk about there

and rvs is boring :evil: - the game's gotta go 0 to 100 you know thats how you catch scum off balance
I respond to this below
In post 55, Blanche wrote:
In post 54, Zachstralkita wrote:How are you catching anyone off balance exactly? Scum not coming into day one without hitting their PT
you'd be surprised actually

i know exactly what i'm doing
In post 54, Zachstralkita wrote:How are you catching anyone off balance exactly? Scum not coming into day one without hitting their PT
you'd be surprised actually

i know exactly what i'm doing
Great, you're way more skilled than me. You didn't explain anything though so your reply to the question means jack shit in terms of my question being answered and you are trying to maintain that it does?
and wait now you're starting to confuse me - i agree that no one besides vedith (and you) has like directly talked to me about the mechanics post but what should i be steam emoji'ing at?

like this is why "i'm worried about you" is exactly how i should feel about you right now
I should have answered this then. I don't want to do all these fucking quotes but the gist of it is you posed mechanics discussion in post 6 RVS right out of the gate.

And then
In post 44, Blanche wrote:
In post 8, Blanche wrote:
In post 7, Vedith wrote:VOTE: shaddowez
no thoughts on the above?
In post 20, GinghamDog wrote:@blanche, if you're town why would zach's post strike you as anything more than a page one joke?
i guess maybe i'm being a bit less general than i should but theres already been some interesting stuff going on here on page 2

all thanks to me :)
The "interesting stuff" that you maintain your discussion generated is nothing at all. At the time, I was the only person who actually talked about the godfather mechanic or seriously acknowledeged it in any fashion. Everything else can't be chalked up to a reaction to your discussion. If you cared so much about pushing the game from 0-1000 as you stated earlier you would be upset no one's discussing the fucking mechanic, and not at me for RVS voting you. Instead you spend the first few pages with a vote on me and a few offhanded comments elsewhere for a reason I don't fully know...

In post 58, Blanche wrote:nah

we can revisit you later :(

VOTE: zach
Again reinforcing a scumread that I'm assuming was never a joke. Where then is the basis for it - even if the read changed
In post 60, Blanche wrote:i'm not sure how i feel about him just yet

i'll feel him out soon enough.
No you won't? What are you going to feel out LOL it's clear the read was off to a rough start already
In post 158, Blanche wrote:
In post 155, Zachstralkita wrote:Aye I might just make a bloc with Vedith.
is this one of those things were you gambit like that roman guy and make blocs with scum
Vedith isn't really scum though at all
In post 163, Blanche wrote:
In post 27, Lycanfire wrote:VOTE: Vedith

vedith will not be town here. discuss while the inevitable lynch goes through.
remember this folks
Lycan's post doesn't mean anything. case Vedithscum

Carcalilly wrote:
Spoiler: 113
In post 113, Zachstralkita wrote:
In post 96, Lycanfire wrote:carcalilly is town
Okay, I just need you to defend this.
In post 84, Carcalilly wrote:Anyway, this is Mountainish (no roles???) with an end-all town role and a mafia rolecop?????
? Were you assuming, knowing that this was a closed setup, that since it appeared scumsided it was definitely completely scumsided and town was set up to lose? Just wondering. It doesn't make sense.

In post 87, Carcalilly wrote:IDK I'm questioning the balance and the actual setup. It's closed so all we can do is speculate
Definitely an implication of closed setups... yes.
In post 89, Carcalilly wrote:
In post 85, Blanche wrote:then let's fight :mad:

the mafia mechanic discussion is at least more pro-town if you really want to go the setup spec discussion because scum probably have insight to what it means while town doesnt

all we know is that we cant let the mysterious role die and thats all we really
should
know (unless you know what that role is??)

so why not discuss the godfather mechanic instead?
Oh yeah but how do we do that exactly? Doctors? No, it's mountainish? Claim before lynch? Now the mafia will get them.

Godfather mechanic is a lot less interesting Imo. :')

Again, are you assuming town has nothing to combat scum advantage? In what way is that logical?

And if you're assuming otherwise, what benefit does discussing it like this have? At all?

Please help me clarify BC scummy

Well one, I was confused because there are technically roles in a no-role mechanic. I'm pretty sure mountainish means all VT and goons but apparently not here.

So if town does actually have other PRs then it's not mountainish and Ari lied to us all.

OK so look at out confirmed information:
-Mafia has a ROLECOP
-Town has an END-ALL role
-The game is titled "mountainish"

So during the night, mafia can probably rolecop one player, then kill another. That's clearing out two. If that's all there really is then in must be easy for them to find that role.

Also, the benefits have already taken action. :]

Power roles are not the only thing that can influence the game in town's favor.. that's why you're so scummy

in case its not evident im looking at Carca and Blanche here
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:12 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

In post 174, Carcalilly wrote:
In post 118, Zachstralkita wrote:In a setup where we're already weak, PoEing town's potential utilities and highlighting the one weakness we all know as a discussion point on mechanics is really... out there, to say the least.

VOTE: Carcalilly

Y not
Out there is how to play m9
Your comments on the rest of the game state are very minimal
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:17 am

Post by Dunnstral »

Blanche
Blanche
Goon
Blanche
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:18 am

Post by Blanche »

zach the main issue i take with your scumread of me is that a significant part of it hinges on me scumreading you for your rvs post which isn't the case

it
worries me
and continues to. i'm townreading you at the moment and yet you continue to worry me. and if you keep doing things like insinuating i'm scum and townbloccing with vedith then i will continue to worry about you

i'll address the rest of it later i have shit to do rn

either way we should focus on carcalilly who i at the very least agree is scum.

pedit: see dunn gets it
hydra of kraska77 and gigabyteTroubadour
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:30 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

In post 179, Blanche wrote:zach the main issue i take with your scumread of me is that a significant part of it hinges on me scumreading you for your rvs post which isn't the case
Okay so what would I have "worried" you for at that point in time

cause it was genuine when it happened

The part of my argument where I talk about your response to the "reactions" does not rely on this, though.

Blanche wrote:and if you keep doing things like insinuating i'm scum and
"players cannot have a scumread on me or they will be scummy"

I think you know what my problem is with this one

Blanche wrote:townbloccing with vedith then i will continue to worry about you
It's fine if you scumread him but I can bloc with anyone. I'll be able to townread him correctly too if necessary.

Carca scummier anyway btw so you don't need to act like you're a huge SR for me when realistically, I'm not going to have a concrete reads list early game when people have barely played.
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:31 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

Dunn doesn't really get it..
Vijarada
Vijarada
Goon
Vijarada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:18 am

Post by Vijarada »

In post 143, Blanche wrote:also vij probtown
I'very told u before that I intentionally use lmao a lot and no caps to coast on garbage town reads like this one. Do better.
get a warrant
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:27 am

Post by Lycanfire »

In post 172, Carcalilly wrote:snip
don't really like how carcalilly is doubling down on being lynchbait. game without daytalk i would assume vedithtown for avoiding lynchbait. meaningless here
Blanche
Blanche
Goon
Blanche
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:47 am

Post by Blanche »

In post 182, Vijarada wrote:
I'very told u before that I intentionally use lmao a lot and no caps to coast on garbage town reads like this one. Do better.
this ^ is probably scum. i have yet to see town scoff off early townreads on them... this is scummy self-consciousness
-kraska
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:49 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 64, Carcalilly wrote:VOTE: Dwlee

you don't know who I am but I know who you are
That is a bit freaky.

On subject, I don't think carcalilly talking about the setup is a scumtell like people seemed to have reacted to it as.
I prefer they, thanks :)
Carcalilly
Carcalilly
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Carcalilly
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:58 am

Post by Carcalilly »

In post 185, Dwlee99 wrote:

That is a bit freaky.

On subject, I don't think carcalilly talking about the setup is a scumtell like people seemed to have reacted to it as.
I just remember playing a game with you on my alt like two years ago lol
Also that location

UNVOTE: Dwlee
Zachstralkita wrote: Carca scummier anyway
I'm scummier than scum.
GinghamDog
GinghamDog
Goon
GinghamDog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:25 am

Post by GinghamDog »

UNVOTE: Carcalilly
172 reads townish to me, and the last few posts do make her look like an easy push
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:51 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 181, Zachstralkita wrote:Dunn doesn't really get it..
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:52 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 184, Blanche wrote:
this ^ is probably scum. i have yet to see town scoff off early townreads on them... this is scummy self-consciousness
-kraska

Oh no

Is blanche scum
Blanche
Blanche
Goon
Blanche
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:17 am

Post by Blanche »

In post 187, GinghamDog wrote:UNVOTE: Carcalilly
172 reads townish to me, and the last few posts do make her look like an easy push
sometimes scum are easy pushes and this is one of them

why does 172 read like town? it's not like she didnt already know what she found, and she's confusing "mountainous" with "mountainish" which seems odd to me

like her setup spec thought process is really janky and doesnt add up
In post 189, Dunnstral wrote:
-kraska

Oh no

Is blanche scum
dunn i thought you were sensibl e.... or that we were at least a gree'n on things.... :/

dont tell me i have to worry about you too

anyway i have to handle the first sock puppet head im worried about but i'll talk to you later

(although i do kind of disagree with kraska's read here on vij and i would like to talk to her about it in the pt)
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:33 am

Post by shaddowez »

Sorry for being late to the game.

Dunn
- What makes you think the game is 9:4? Considering there's a town role that can lose us the game, don't you think that having such a small townpool makes this extremely scumsided? Also, if you're "worried" about Zach, why aren't you interacting more and trying to actually get a read?
In post 184, Blanche wrote:i have yet to see town scoff off early townreads on them
Actually, I'm the exact opposite. If somebody forms a TR on me with no good reason, I'm suspicious.

I don't like how dwlee pops in for 1 post and purely responds to a post about him.

I've got a town read on Lycan for his interactions around the carca read. I really like Vedith's and . They both dig into motivation and reasoning.

Blanche seems to be forming some pretty strong opinions, yet not really trying to drive a wagon, they're just jumping around wherever there seems to be any sort of traction. Their interaction about Zach paying more "attention to detail" is weird, and they have a lot of posts, but not really much in them.

VOTE: Blanche

More to come in a bit.
V/LA on Weekends
Blanche
Blanche
Goon
Blanche
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:35 am

Post by Blanche »

In post 176, Zachstralkita wrote:This is the first post you make.
nope - the vote above it is and is equally important if not more.

unless you're vedith.

call it a trifling detail if you want but that rvs post is the most important post of this game :up:
In post 176, Zachstralkita wrote:This was a joke to me - from your later posts we see that it apparently isn't
i'm aware you thought that your vote is a joke but i legitimately thought that you would pick up on why i'm not a good vote from your point of you from my first two posts. i'm mistaken, and that's fine I guess but now I have to find another way to help you piece this together.
In post 176, Zachstralkita wrote:So my response to this initially is what the fuck are you talking about? Was the impression that you can read me? Are you underestimating my scumplay or my townplay? Where is the logical basis to actually hold this off of one RVS vote?

both of these are in response to a fucking obvious RVS vote LMFAO
The impression was actually that you can read me - if i have to be more obvious about it i can try but i'm not sure if it's sensibl e for me to. but i really dont want to underestimate your abilities here.

the vote was more to get your attention and at least show that you're who i'm focusing on. not an indication of a scumread.
In post 176, Zachstralkita wrote:Yeah, don't do this town leader bullshit with me, I don't follow it from anyone

I know you kinda play like you're obvtown but I never usually take issue with that because I usually tr you.

If your behavior is scummy to me I'm going to seek clarification and possibly vote you. If in lieu of substantive responses(which I need to sort) you act like you're obv town and I'm just the one that doesn't know it, I'm going to lynch you.
in that case you're going to find yourself extremely confused most of this game - your opinion here is fine normally but this game is not going to be played conventionally and you will have to adapt here.

if you need to sort me that's fine, just... expect me to continue to be off for as long as you're confused about this (and i'm "worried" about you). once you townread me what i'm doing will be crystal clear.
In post 176, Zachstralkita wrote:Literally zero clue what this even means. Was bolded referring to my "super scummy" RVS vote on you?

Also look at the top of this post : "The REACTIONS that followed later"

We'll get to that
bolded refers to the fact that kraska saying you would pick up on what we planned not happening and that i still need to adapt.
In post 176, Zachstralkita wrote:Great, you're way more skilled than me. You didn't explain anything though so your reply to the question means jack shit in terms of my question being answered and you are trying to maintain that it does?
i didn't want to answer it
on the grounds it might be incriminating
(ethel rosenburg quote lms if u got it)

when carcalilly and vedith flip scum you'll see why my posting caught scum off balance. i'd love to say more but i cant :(

anyway, i'll case vedith right after this

pedit: and here's someone else to be worried about
Blanche
Blanche
Goon
Blanche
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:38 am

Post by Blanche »

In post 191, shaddowez wrote:Blanche seems to be forming some pretty strong opinions, yet not really trying to drive a wagon, they're just jumping around wherever there seems to be any sort of traction. Their interaction about Zach paying more "attention to detail" is weird, and they have a lot of posts, but not really much in them.
More people need to post before I seriously push Carcalilly and Vedith but those are the only acceptable lynches today at the moment.

My early game generally consists of pushing wherever the people I want to sort are pushing - hence my vote on you and then Carcalilly. I don't see how this is scummy.

And anyway, you're not lynching us this game - we're as innocent as ethel rosenburg :giggle:
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:44 am

Post by Vedith »

Gigga, you call me scum every game.
You know when the boy calls wolf in that book?

Yeah, you're that annoying little shit. :down:
I claim scum \o/
Blanche
Blanche
Goon
Blanche
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:47 am

Post by Blanche »

In post 191, shaddowez wrote:I really like Vedith's 144 and 156. They both dig into motivation and reasoning.
They really don't.

is run of the mill mudslinging. Vedith is scum and has really no reason to question the godfather mechanic - asking me what he thinks I gained from it is a product of that thought process. To town, knowing that I'm bringing attention to it is key to solving the game.

I also never asked him to vote Carcalilly and I don't care where he decides to vote. He's trying to rile up a reaction from me to mudsling even more.

His response to 152 in I'm also not really sure how this is "really getting into my motivations"? I already said why I don't care where he votes, it's like page 9. The game still needs to flow organically to find interactions between scum so that I don't have to do all the heavily lifting for the rest of the town.

His questioning is scum motivated.

pedit: keep trying vedith :down: :mad:
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:58 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

Dunnstral wrote:
-kraska

Oh no

Is blanche scum

LMFAO

In post 185, Dwlee99 wrote:

That is a bit freaky.

No one is taking issue with her talking about the setup though it's the specific way she did it..

"What does town have to combat scum" = "What information can we give away"

Carcalilly wrote:
UNVOTE: Dwlee
Zachstralkita wrote: Carca scummier anyway
I'm scummier than scum.
this doesn't help lol

What are your scumreads looking like?

@Blanche okay guess I won't night dayvig you haha which is impossible in this setup! haha!
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:58 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

144 Vedith town imo
Blanche
Blanche
Goon
Blanche
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:00 am

Post by Blanche »

In post 197, Zachstralkita wrote:144 Vedith town imo
bad read but we can get carcalilly first

vedith is still a pretty transparent partner (his scumread of me came out of nowhere until i started pushing her, he was showing hints of scumreading gingham dog's vote of carca too)
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:02 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

Wait did you refer to us as motherfucking sock puppets?

We don't have to take this behavior Dunn,
we can seize the memes of production and eliminate Blanche

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”