Open 688: Diffusion of Power (Game Over)

Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2125 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:57 am

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 2111, RadiantCowbells wrote:UNVOTE:

NEVERMIND TITUS IS PROBABLY TOWN
What the fuck? Why?
New main account for the Scummer Formerly Known as Hikari Link.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2126 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:58 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

She always was. I just wanted to be sure.

I understand why you're scumreading her but she's probably not scum.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2127 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:59 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2123, Titus wrote:
In post 2118, RadiantCowbells wrote:I'm town, Navy is still very probably town.
I'm going to read the other doctor claims.

For the record I think that Mathblade is probably scum, regardless of Titus's alignment, but I want to sort out the doc situation today.
Based on what?

Navy's posting everywhere but this thread.
Game is PoEing.

At least one of Kelvin/Me+Math/You/Navy must be scum.

Given your stances, I don't think you SR Kelvin. You don't SR yourself. You don't SR me. That leaves Navy.
RC this is for you.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2128 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:00 am

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 2118, RadiantCowbells wrote:I'm town, Navy is still very probably town.
I'm going to read the other doctor claims.

For the record I think that Mathblade is probably scum, regardless of Titus's alignment, but I want to sort out the doc situation today.
What's the purpose of dealing with the Docs now, rather than lynching scum, that way we have more time to deal with the Docs?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2129 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:02 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

VOTE: Mathblade

Okay!

Alban was a scumread since before I replaced in: is there a reason he's cleared?
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2130 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:04 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2129, RadiantCowbells wrote:VOTE: Mathblade

Okay!

Alban was a scumread since before I replaced in: is there a reason he's cleared?
Heals and recent posting.

Now, RC, if you think I'm town, that's just blatantly not discussing Navy and buddying the fuck up to Kelvin at this point.
Then someone votes Kelvin out of sheer fucking anger.
Town loses.

Is that what you want?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2131 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:05 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2129, RadiantCowbells wrote:VOTE: Mathblade

Okay!

Because people mystically don't want to vote him? *shrug*

Like why are you agreeing with scum logic which is always bad to lynch me?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2132 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:07 am

Post by Titus »

In post 667, alban wrote:I was N1 doc and saved Creature.
This is the reason why I was a bit suspicious of Agent's claim.
Although there could be 2 docs, for me it's unlikely that there could be 3 docs on N1.
I would like to lynch between Agent and Sheep.
Creature slot died n2. That's why we aren't lynching Alban.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2133 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:07 am

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 2120, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2117, Kelvin Smith wrote:
In post 2104, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2101, Kelvin Smith wrote:
In post 2087, MathBlade wrote:Error Kelvin is trying anything possible to avoid lynching Navy at this point.
Uh, I'm pretty sure I agreed to a Navy lynch if everyone agreed to lynch you tomorrow. I'm not doing everything possible to avoid a Navy lynch, I'm doing everything possible to get a Math/Titus lynch, because I'm pretty sure that's where scum is and your flip would confirm or deny that hypothesis.
Stall tactic 101. Do I need to look up how many times scum have said "Hey mislynch this person and I help you tomorrow" and then conveniently something comes up. Yes you literally are.
What in the actual fuck are you talking about, Math? Stop misreping me! That's literally the opposite of what I said. What I actually said was "I'll help you mislynch this person today and you help me lynch scum tomorrow."
You're quoting exactly what I said and calling it different. Dude just eat rope.
Unless I am misunderstanding you are saying I said:
Let's mislynch Math today, then I'll help you lynch Navy tomorrow (but I secretly won't, because Navy is my scumbuddy *teehee*).

What I'm actually saying:
I'm so confident that Math will flip town, that I'll help you lynch Navy (even though it's probably a mislynch) if you people agree to lynch Math tomorrow.

The difference is that I'm putting the trust in everyone else, rather than having them put their trust in me. So stop fucking lying.

On a side note, they would be in a good position to put their trust in me. Even if I were scum, I wouldn't go back on a deal, because that would hurt my credibility in later games. I'm the guy in a board game that never betrays someone first, because I want a reputation for honesty.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2134 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:08 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2133, Kelvin Smith wrote:
In post 2087, MathBlade wrote:Error Kelvin is trying anything possible to avoid lynching Navy at this point.
Uh, I'm pretty sure I agreed to a Navy lynch if everyone agreed to lynch you tomorrow. I'm not doing everything possible to avoid a Navy lynch, I'm doing everything possible to get a Math/Titus lynch, because I'm pretty sure that's where scum is and your flip would confirm or deny that hypothesis.
Stall tactic 101. Do I need to look up how many times scum have said "Hey mislynch this person and I help you tomorrow" and then conveniently something comes up. Yes you literally are.
What in the actual fuck are you talking about, Math? Stop misreping me! That's literally the opposite of what I said. What I actually said was "I'll help you mislynch this person today and you help me lynch scum tomorrow."
You're quoting exactly what I said and calling it different. Dude just eat rope.
Let's mislynch Math today, then I'll help you lynch Navy tomorrow (but I secretly won't, because Navy is my scumbuddy *teehee*).

I'm so confident that Math will flip town, that I'll help you lynch Navy (even though it's probably a mislynch) if you people agree to lynch Math tomorrow.

The difference is that I'm putting the trust in everyone else, rather than having them put their trust in me. So stop fucking lying.

On a side note, they would be in a good position to put their trust in me. Even if I were scum, I wouldn't go back on a deal, because that would hurt my credibility in later games. I'm the guy in a board game that never betrays someone first, because I want a reputation for honesty.
Now you've just made it illegal to accept your offer as you have tied it to performance in future games. You aren't allowed to make any promise in future games.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2135 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:09 am

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 2134, Titus wrote:

Now you've just made it illegal to accept your offer as you have tied it to performance in future games. You aren't allowed to make any promise in future games.
How is that making a promise in future games? That's called establishing a meta.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2136 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:10 am

Post by MathBlade »

Second of all you're so confident I am flipping Town why lynch me at all???
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2137 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:10 am

Post by Kelvin Smith »

Titus, are you aware that there are 5 claimed Docs, not 4?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2138 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:11 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2137, Kelvin Smith wrote:Titus, are you aware that there are 5 claimed Docs, not 4?
Alban is just not getting lynched today or ever. That's just a fact with this game setup. He's that town.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2139 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:11 am

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 2136, MathBlade wrote:Second of all you're so confident I am flipping Town why lynch me at all???
Again, fucking typo. should have said scum. I'm racing to keep up with all of these posts, just like you.
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2140 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:12 am

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 2138, Titus wrote:
In post 2137, Kelvin Smith wrote:Titus, are you aware that there are 5 claimed Docs, not 4?
Alban is just not getting lynched today or ever. That's just a fact with this game setup. He's that town.
In what sense is he that town?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2141 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:13 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2135, Kelvin Smith wrote:

How is that making a promise in future games? That's called establishing a meta.
Yes, you're trying to establish how you'll behave for a future payoff. That's the best interpretation. Each game is its own closed universe.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2142 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:14 am

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 2124, Titus wrote:
In post 2121, Kelvin Smith wrote:
In post 2107, Titus wrote:
Math, they are tunnelling you. They're playing according to ABR's guide and he's the most toxic player on the site. Ignore them. Focus on Navy.
I don't know who or what an ABR is, but what I'm trying to do is fucking win this wrecked fucking game.
Game isn't wrecked at all. If you'd be considering the possibility of Math town, the game is near solved.
Navy is like 95% scum.
Even if Math were town, which they probably aren't, how is it near solved? Finding one scum is nowhere near solved. Also, even though RC townreads you, doesn't mean I do. I still think you're the scum among the Docs.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2143 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:15 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2140, Kelvin Smith wrote:
n1 claim. He healed Creature. Creature then gets attacked again.

@Math/Kelvin, For the love of goodness you two. We have one mislynch. Start solving the game with at least a hint of assuming each other could be town. You both are town. We cannot lynch you both. Just can it. I'd policy lynch either of you if we had the mislynches left. We don't. No, you're not using this to convince me to vote either of you. I'd rather no lynch.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2144 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:16 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2142, Kelvin Smith wrote:
In post 2124, Titus wrote:
In post 2121, Kelvin Smith wrote:
In post 2107, Titus wrote:
Math, they are tunnelling you. They're playing according to ABR's guide and he's the most toxic player on the site. Ignore them. Focus on Navy.
I don't know who or what an ABR is, but what I'm trying to do is fucking win this wrecked fucking game.
Game isn't wrecked at all. If you'd be considering the possibility of Math town, the game is near solved.
Navy is like 95% scum.
Even if Math were town, which they probably aren't, how is it near solved? Finding one scum is nowhere near solved. Also, even though RC townreads you, doesn't mean I do. I still think you're the scum among the Docs.
And that's the problem. If Navy flips scum, there's no longer a requirement for scum in the doctors. It also means a Math mislynch couldn't go through even with you telling for it. When Navy flips scum, just how many town do you think will be sitting with you? You'd have to reasses everything. I'd still have to peel Math off of you, but most everyone would know exactly where to find scum.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2145 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:18 am

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 2141, Titus wrote:

Yes, you're trying to establish how you'll behave for a future payoff. That's the best interpretation. Each game is its own closed universe.
Each game is not it's own closed universe. If it was, meta wouldn't ever be used.

I am, and always have been, trying to establish a meta of consistency and honesty as a player. Any game where you can point to where I've done something underhanded would completely undermine that level of consistency. To my knowledge, there's nothing in the rules against trying to cultivate a meta. I've made no promises for current or future rewards and asked for no current or future rewards. I'm simply referencing self-meta to point out that I am generally a trustworthy player and will always be so.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2146 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:23 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2145, Kelvin Smith wrote:
In post 2141, Titus wrote:

Each game is not it's own closed universe. If it was, meta wouldn't ever be used.

I am, and always have been, trying to establish a meta of consistency and honesty as a player. Any game where you can point to where I've done something underhanded would completely undermine that level of consistency. To my knowledge, there's nothing in the rules against trying to cultivate a meta. I've made no promises for current or future rewards and asked for no current or future rewards. I'm simply referencing self-meta to point out that I am generally a trustworthy player and will always be so.
If you want a meta as an honest player, you can start with intellectual honesty.

I have that meta as an honest player. It doesn't come from bribery in future games. It comes from just finishing games, answering questions (unless I miss them), and being honest about my flaws.

You are not open to questioning. You are pushing an agenda because you are convinced you are correct. You're not discussing other slots or having others included in the process. That is a problem.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2147 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:24 am

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 2143, Titus wrote:
So if I'm understanding correctly, alban protected my slot Night 1 and there was no kill? Couldn't scum also just no kill Night 1 to get a Doc in super town position though? That doesn't prove anything to me.
In post 2143, Titus wrote:@Math/Kelvin, For the love of goodness you two. We have one mislynch. Start solving the game with at least a hint of assuming each other could be town. You both are town. We cannot lynch you both. Just can it. I'd policy lynch either of you if we had the mislynches left. We don't. No, you're not using this to convince me to vote either of you. I'd rather no lynch.
Won't can it. I'm trying to solve the game and that means we need info. Math gives us the most info and is therefore the best lynch. If you want to convince me otherwise, do a better job actually doing it. I've already considered that Math could be town, but I'm not going to work under that assumption, because it's a fucking dumb assumption to me.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2148 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:25 am

Post by MathBlade »

Do not bring outside influences into the game - this includes threats, bribes, wagers, promises, "trust tells", alliances, etc. Using knowledge from previous games is perfectly acceptable, but try not to carry grudges from one game to another.

--This Kelvin <<From site rules

Referencing completed games is fine.
Making a promise to do something in a future game is illegal.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2149 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:26 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2147, Kelvin Smith wrote:
In post 2143, Titus wrote:
So if I'm understanding correctly, alban protected my slot Night 1 and there was no kill? Couldn't scum also just no kill Night 1 to get a Doc in super town position though? That doesn't prove anything to me.
In post 2143, Titus wrote:@Math/Kelvin, For the love of goodness you two. We have one mislynch. Start solving the game with at least a hint of assuming each other could be town. You both are town. We cannot lynch you both. Just can it. I'd policy lynch either of you if we had the mislynches left. We don't. No, you're not using this to convince me to vote either of you. I'd rather no lynch.
Won't can it. I'm trying to solve the game and that means we need info. Math gives us the most info and is therefore the best lynch. If you want to convince me otherwise, do a better job actually doing it. I've already considered that Math could be town, but I'm not going to work under that assumption, because it's a fucking dumb assumption to me.
Creature is JJ slot not you.

Your rationale applies to anyone claiming a cop clear. It makes you look like as if you're afraid of a solid wall of townies that you are not a part of. Your read reeks of fear based logic. Math is jumping to scum, although they've posted from the same place repeatedly in Wake's game.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Return to “Completed Open Games”