Newbie 1797: Space | Endgame

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:24 am

Post by BlackVoid »

I thought you played very well as town. I needed another mislynch and you kept both Paul and HS off the table and sometimes all it takes is narrowing down the pool of lynches to the point scum have no chance of winning. That's when I figured my best shot was to just attack you directly and see what shakes out. You had a good scum win on your record and I was hoping to see if the "paranoia" factor would help turn people against you.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:30 am

Post by Plotinus »

VC 3.13

Exploring the Antennae

Explanation: Some 60 million light-years away in the southerly constellation Corvus, two large galaxies are colliding. Stars in the two galaxies, cataloged as NGC 4038 and NGC 4039, very rarely collide in the course of the ponderous cataclysm that lasts for hundreds of millions of years. But the galaxies' large clouds of molecular gas and dust often do, triggering furious episodes of star formation near the center of the cosmic wreckage. Spanning over 500 thousand light-years, this stunning view also reveals new star clusters and matter flung far from the scene of the accident by gravitational tidal forces. The remarkable mosaicked image was constructed using data from the ground-based Subaru telescope to bring out large-scale and faint tidal streams, and Hubble Space Telescope data of extreme detail in the bright cores. The suggestive visual appearance of the extended arcing structures gives the galaxy pair its popular name - The Antennae.

Image and text credit

BlackVoid
(3): Human Sequencer, esires, skitter30
L-1

esires
(2): NotTheRealPaul, Dunkerdoodles
L-2

Not Voting
(1): BlackVoid

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

The day 3 deadline is in
:
(expired on 2017-07-06 19:59:10)

Mod Notes

Hi, I'm the backup mod!

-ThinkBig, the moderator, is V/LA on weekends and on Jewish holidays. Plotinus, the backup moderator, will be modding during this time.
-skitter30 is V/LA on shabbat and Jewish holidays.
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:34 am

Post by skitter30 »

Yeah, I was going to ask why you decided to attack me. When you kept asking why you were pushing me, my answer was basically going to be 'so that we can have this conversation'. I actually would've bought an HS mislynch, I think; I had been kinda sketchy on him for a while, and was worried that we were overlooking him. You had just about convinced me to do esires, but then you extended the day just to push me, and then the rest of it happened.

The only person who wasn't on the table at all was Paul, and then you switched to buddying him.

Were
you trying to overload me with wallposts?
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:38 am

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

I was with u mostly till u U-turned on me.

U shoulda pushed esires then switched to HS and u mighta pulled it off there IMO.

Do u wanna do the honors of lynching urself or should I?
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:39 am

Post by BlackVoid »

Okay, I was hoping to look for reactions but I probably shouldn't since it's a newbie game and people can misinterpret it. I'm going to write out my last thoughts on everyone. (I'm town.)

HumanSequencer
- I think he's town mostly for the Drixx push. I thought his initial reactions to Drixx D1 were very genuine too and didn't seem like he was setting up a bus. The reaction to Drixx's case on him when he just started pushing back hard was also town and felt natural. It sucks that he hasn't posted anything at all this day phase but from my previous experience with his towngame and following a couple of other games, I don't think it's unlikely he'd do it as town. He does seem to like playing town more than scum which could explain his lack of activity towards the end but he was also extremely, incredibly active early on which might point to him drawing the alignment he likes. If you want more explanation about this, ISO me for "HS."

Paul
- I still don't like the quickhammer and I still have weird feelings that he's giving lip-service to my skitter scumread while townreading me and continuing to push esires. It would obviously be pretty awesome for him as scum to lynch esires and set up a lylo with me, skitter, and himself. I do think his push on HS and townreading me hard earlier felt towny. It's possible I'm not being entirely objective here but I think he's town. If I were in lylo, I'd take a good, hard look at Paul to check that everything he did makes sense as town and I'm not really that confident.

esires
- If he's town, his play was really, really bad. If he's scum, his play of singularly tunneling me fits with what he perceives everyone thinks is town behavior. He thinks that if he pushes multiple people, everyone is going to call him out of setting up mislynches, so he's very consciously not doing this and only pushing me. That feels really fake but it could also be town that's afraid to push elsewhere because he thinks he's going to be mislynched. I'm going to laugh out loud if he's actually scum and I replaced in to almost save my slot and then give it away anyways with no real impact on the outcome. Just two weeks of running around in circles. But everything I said in still applies and I think he's probably town.

skitter
- My guess for scum. 1. Chainsawed Drixx D1 with bullshit reasoning. I think she pushed Dunker because she wanted to set up an alternative to Picard for the following day and "save" him for later. That way scum get two mislynches. She whiteknighted Paul all game. Agreed with esires that my slot was the most likely lynch and after the lynch started moving towards me anad esires, set me up so that I get lynched upon esires' townflip. When I pushed back, pivoted back to me to get me lynched. I'm debating whether I buy her reaction right now as genuine or faked. If I'm right and she's scum, she sunk her hooks so deep into this game and spun a massive web of bullshit that literally no one is seeing through. I could be wrong here but it's my best and final guess before I get lynched. If she's scum she played pretty awesomely this game. Please lynch next and don't let her get away with this.

VOTE: skitter
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:40 am

Post by BlackVoid »

In post 1328, NotTheRealPaul wrote:I was with u mostly till u U-turned on me.
This is a pretty town reaction. A very, very town reaction. Because he's now acting like he was scumreading me all along.
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:45 am

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

wtf. ur last sentence didnt make sense. Please fix thank u
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:46 am

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

Also BV its not nice to gimme hope like that and take it away so quickly
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:47 am

Post by BlackVoid »

Skitter is scum. If you believe me, vote with me. Esires really isn't scum. If you think I'm scum as opposed to skitter, then hammer me.
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:49 am

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

Wait so BV thinkss he is gonna be hammered?

Someone unvote b4 a hammer comes in and kills the day b4 we get more discussion in.

Im set on lynching esires. I'll comprimise and go with BV. And if I summon motivation from gods no where recheck skitters ISO and find something scummy, I'll go with her too.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:50 am

Post by skitter30 »

Uh, you legit just conceded. That Paul thing makes no sense.

If you were trying to do a reaction test on everyone, why would you bury the esires thing in a wallpost marked for me when we both knew I was the only person who'd actually read it?

You left it there for me to find and point it out? That doesn't make much sense.
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:50 am

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

In post 1330, BlackVoid wrote:
In post 1328, NotTheRealPaul wrote:I was with u mostly till u U-turned on me.
This is a pretty town reaction. A very, very town reaction. Because he's now acting like he was scumreading me all along.
this doesnt make sense cuz i wasnt scumreading u entire time. Did u typo or am J bad at reading?
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:51 am

Post by BlackVoid »

What discussion do you expect to have in the next two days that you haven't had in the past twelve?
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:52 am

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

I skimmed it and missed it. So im an idiot. Ive been trying to follow ur wallposts but honestly Im not rlly sure what yall are talking about.

pedit: true. nevermind it then. Im waiting for HS to comment on this then Esires.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:52 am

Post by BlackVoid »

I just want it to end because this game's starting to become painful to play and I want to see the dead thread and find out who scum was.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:54 am

Post by BlackVoid »

I don't really care about HS's and Dunker's responses. I want to see how you'd justify a hammer here and then I'm good to go and get myself out of this game.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:55 am

Post by skitter30 »

Paul, who are you talking to in 1338?

Yeah, I know. The two of us both know that no one else is actually reading the wallposts, and he messed up by posting that last point here isntead of the scum PT. He admitted it and conceded that. If he was trying to do a reaction test, why bury it in a spoiler marked for me that no one else would read?
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:58 am

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

Im not hammering rn I need to reread skitters. If ur town and get lynched then we are down a very active player. Id muxh rather lynch esire rn.

pedit: u and BV
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:59 am

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

But the rest of the post doesnt seem to fit in a scum PT....
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:59 am

Post by BlackVoid »

It felt like every single thing I did this game was interpreted with a "scum" motive. Anyone that I pushed, I was pushing because I was scum pushing a mislynch. If it was esires, then I pushed him because he was the next most obvious target after me. If I pushed anyone other than esires, I was setting up the second mislynch. If I lurked, I did it because I was undecided on whether to bus Drixx and he hammered so I didn't have to take a stance. If I played a strong game, it was because I had no other choice. If I pushed skitter, I'm scum for pushing the most pro-town player in the game. I asked HS to give me 30 minutes of his time and he hasn't bothered to even do that. This feels completely pointless and I'm drained of energy. It's one thing if people were actually listening and considering what I'm saying but quite another if they just decided I'm scum and checked out. Inb4 ATE!
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:00 am

Post by skitter30 »

OK. Read the post I just made about what he said about esires. Explain to me how that paragraph he wrote comes from town.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:02 am

Post by BlackVoid »

The part in the spoiler wasn't a reaction test. I was being sarcastic which for some reason you took literally.
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:02 am

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

Like he was quite obviously talking to u so I dont think that mislynch crap was an accident.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:04 am

Post by skitter30 »

BV: You need to explain the esires paragraph. If it wasn't an accident, explain to me how that post comes from town.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:37 am

Post by BlackVoid »

I just explained it in .

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”