Open 688: Diffusion of Power (Game Over)

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2325 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:18 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2321, RadiantCowbells wrote:I don't think scum!Gamma flies in trying to pick a fight with me unless I'm a serious threat to his team at that poitn. I think that if it was Titus/Mathblade he'd stay out of the way.
Seems kinda ignorant of the fact I was scumreading AS fairly heavily
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2326 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:19 pm

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 2321, RadiantCowbells wrote:I don't think scum!Gamma flies in trying to pick a fight with me unless I'm a serious threat to his team at that poitn. I think that if it was Titus/Mathblade he'd stay out of the way.
You think scumGamma would do something so naked as attack you just because you pose a serious threat to his team?
New main account for the Scummer Formerly Known as Hikari Link.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2327 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:19 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

In post 2326, Kelvin Smith wrote:
You think scumGamma would do something so naked as attack you just because you pose a serious threat to his team?
yes.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2328 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:22 pm

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 2327, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 2326, Kelvin Smith wrote:
yes.
And what do you think of his claim that he had a scumread on your slot? Could that explain his actions from a town perspective?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2329 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:24 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

LOL that was actually me showing more scum perspectives but OKAY!
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2330 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:24 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Sure, maybe, but his opening was way played up, his points felt like he was looking for something to throw at me, and he's scummy in general.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2331 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:33 pm

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 2330, RadiantCowbells wrote:Sure, maybe, but his opening was way played up, his points felt like he was looking for something to throw at me, and he's scummy in general.
Possible. I might not oppose Copping him. But at the very least, his slot had its vote on MathBlade, so I feel somewhat decent about him.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2332 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:10 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2323, RadiantCowbells wrote:And ftr if we lynch in the docs we're copping the shit out of mathblade.
This makes sense.
Let's cop me then build the holy all town Trinity.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
alban
alban
Mafia Scum
alban
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2333 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:21 pm

Post by alban »

In post 2271, RadiantCowbells wrote:-Alban confirmed scum
-Gamma entrance terrible
It will be nice if you give reasons with your confirmations.

Mod, replace me.
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2334 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:24 pm

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 2332, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2323, RadiantCowbells wrote:And ftr if we lynch in the docs we're copping the shit out of mathblade.
This makes sense.
I'm half tempted to do this, because as far as I'm concerned, a Cop claiming an innocent on you is essentially a scumclaim. But by the same token, I'd rather not waste a Cop on someone who is so damn likely to be scum. Better to use it to try to get actual info.
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2335 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:30 pm

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 2333, alban wrote:
-Gamma entrance terrible

Mod, replace me.
He gave reasons, though...

I kinda wish you wouldn't replace out, but if you're that set on it, I guess I can't stop you. Can you at least leave your final thoughts if you are doing so?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2336 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:36 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2334, Kelvin Smith wrote:
This makes sense.
I'm half tempted to do this, because as far as I'm concerned, a Cop claiming an innocent on you is essentially a scumclaim. But by the same token, I'd rather not waste a Cop on someone who is so damn likely to be scum. Better to use it to try to get actual info.
...Or you could ya know quit pinning your scum team's hopes and dreams on me being a mislynch. Heaven forbid you have to admit I am Town.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2337 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:36 pm

Post by Titus »

No. He hasn't. Nor have you beyond "strategy". He's sick of the town 1 v 1 garbage and so am I
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2338 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:47 pm

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 2276, RadiantCowbells wrote:-I don't think Titus is scum.
-I'm town.
-I believe you're town, Kelvin.

So assuming navy flips town, yes Alban is in fact confirmed scum. If he doesn't then Alban is town.

But Titus's reads are blinkering hard rn
So there's that.
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2339 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:52 pm

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 2336, MathBlade wrote:
This makes sense.
...Or you could ya know quit pinning your scum team's hopes and dreams on me being a mislynch. Heaven forbid you have to admit I am Town.
You clearly don't know me. As scum, I doubt I will ever pin my hopes on anything other than my cockroach-like ability to survive. I'd certainly never pin my hopes on the mislynch of a single player.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2340 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:32 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 2339, Kelvin Smith wrote:
In post 2336, MathBlade wrote:
This makes sense.
You clearly don't know me. As scum, I doubt I will ever pin my hopes on anything other than my cockroach-like ability to survive. I'd certainly never pin my hopes on the mislynch of a single player.
Math, this is rather townie.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2341 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:39 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

-Gamma entrance terrible

Mod, replace me.
I'm taking this opportunity to say please stay in. RC is probably mafia so don't let his bullshit get to you.
<Embrace The Void>

alban
alban
Mafia Scum
alban
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2342 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:42 pm

Post by alban »

In post 2338, Kelvin Smith wrote:
-I'm town.

So assuming navy flips town, yes Alban is in fact confirmed scum. If he doesn't then Alban is town.

So there's that.
So, his reasons for me being scum are that someone else is town. That's a weak reasoning. If he's doing that, that's nowhere close to a confirmation. How can a seasoned player like you not see that? Instead of being charmed with his entry like you have been, you should ask him questions such as why does he townread you. This is important since the whole premise of declaring me scum is based on 3-4 of you being town, you all should question him. I was his scum!partner and the only way you ride that tide is by questioning him. He's a bully and doesn't like resistance. If you are gonna be meek and go ahead with his plan, you are gonna be doomed. As a town, he is not effective coz he gets lynched/nk'd. As a scum he is very effective coz he brings a fascist vibe to the game which turns everyone into sheeps. If he is a town, you should never listen to RC. Coz he goes by instincts. If he is a scum, you should never listen to him. Coz he will swoop in on any display of weakness and turn the sheeps against any resistance. Never listen to him. Period.
Frosted Kelvin Bran
Frosted Kelvin Bran
Goon
Frosted Kelvin Bran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2343 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:43 pm

Post by Frosted Kelvin Bran »

In post 2341, Gamma Emerald wrote:
-Gamma entrance terrible

Mod, replace me.
I'm taking this opportunity to say please stay in. RC is probably mafia so don't let his bullshit get to you.
Please explain why RC is probably scum and what his motivation would be for coming in and hard bussing Math (assuming Math is scum). Which of his actions so far have struck you as definitively indicative of scum?
Hydra of RayFrost and Kelvin Smith.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2344 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:44 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I just can feel it
Also I'm still hell bent on ASslot being mafia for things during d2
<Embrace The Void>

alban
alban
Mafia Scum
alban
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2345 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:47 pm

Post by alban »

Gamma, are you back in the game?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2346 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:50 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Yeah
I noticed itlepip was inactive and was like "I wanna start playing games again and this seems like a good start" so I took it
<Embrace The Void>

Frosted Kelvin Bran
Frosted Kelvin Bran
Goon
Frosted Kelvin Bran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2347 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:04 pm

In post 2342, alban wrote:
-I'm town.

So there's that.
So, his reasons for me being scum are that someone else is town. That's a weak reasoning. If he's doing that, that's nowhere close to a confirmation. How can a seasoned player like you not see that? Instead of being charmed with his entry like you have been, you should ask him questions such as why does he townread you. This is important since the whole premise of declaring me scum is based on 3-4 of you being town, you all should question him. I was his scum!partner and the only way you ride that tide is by questioning him. He's a bully and doesn't like resistance. If you are gonna be meek and go ahead with his plan, you are gonna be doomed. As a town, he is not effective coz he gets lynched/nk'd. As a scum he is very effective coz he brings a fascist vibe to the game which turns everyone into sheeps. If he is a town, you should never listen to RC. Coz he goes by instincts. If he is a scum, you should never listen to him. Coz he will swoop in on any display of weakness and turn the sheeps against any resistance. Never listen to him. Period.
I'd first like to point out that despite my join date, I'm not a seasoned player. I played for maybe 6 months in 2011 and I've been back for maybe 3 months.

That's also not super weak reasoning, it's process of elimnation. Granted, it's PoE based on reads, which are inherently inaccurate. But even though reads are bad and usually wrong, it doesn't change the fact that most Mafia players swear by it.

If from his perspective, he, Titus, and I, then either you or Navy must be scum. Like, that's just a fact if his assumption is true (which I'm not saying it is). I said that I do not support calling you confirmed scum and I'm not prepared to call any other players confirmed anything (even Math isn't confirmed scum). But regardless, he is a player that I believe can help me get results, so I'm more than willing to work with him for as long as that remains true.

That said, I'm not willing to let him treat you or any other player unfairly. If his argument is compelling and/or I can't find a more strategic way to do things, then I may go along with him at times, but I will personally never be party to him dictating the entire course of the game. I'm not going to be meek and I'm not going to be bullied. Not by him, not by anybody.

As for asking him why he townreads me, I'd have to ask that of every player. The majority of players townread me and I can understand it to a degree, because I've been on a real roll this game. I don't have any actual desire to question him or anyone on their reads though, since I don't care about reads, since they're dumb. The nature of this setup makes it mostly solvable through a combination of good strategy and probability, so it's one of the few games where I don't have to concern myself with other people's biases and faulty thinking.

I think that you're saying some really harsh stuff about RC. To me it seems that regardless of alignment, he has a way of getting people to do things. You might call it bullying or fascism, but I don't think that's a completely fair assessment. He's got no formal authority, so he's not a dictator. And while he's probably a bit too forceful, he's not unlikable. I'm not sure how willing he is to compromise, but based on how he dealt with Titus, I'd say that his willingness to cooperate is at least decent. Titus was the inflexible one in that exchange, while RC was willing to concede more than I think even I would have. But that's just my assessment having never played with him before.
Frosted Kelvin Bran
Frosted Kelvin Bran
Goon
Frosted Kelvin Bran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2348 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:07 pm

In post 2344, Gamma Emerald wrote:I just can feel it
Also I'm still hell bent on ASslot being mafia for things during d2
Feelings are trash. Half of the people in this game "feel" that someone is some alignment that they probably aren't. Hell, I don't even completely trust my feelings on Math, and those are ridiculously strong. That's because confirmation bias is the enemy of rational thought.

What about AS Day 2 makes you think the slot if scum? And you realize you've basically described confirmation bias, right?
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2349 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:11 pm

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 2347, Frosted Kelvin Bran wrote:
In post 2342, alban wrote:
-I'm town.

So there's that.
I'd first like to point out that despite my join date, I'm not a seasoned player. I played for maybe 6 months in 2011 and I've been back for maybe 3 months.

That's also not super weak reasoning, it's process of elimnation. Granted, it's PoE based on reads, which are inherently inaccurate. But even though reads are bad and usually wrong, it doesn't change the fact that most Mafia players swear by it.

If from his perspective, he, Titus, and I, then either you or Navy must be scum. Like, that's just a fact if his assumption is true (which I'm not saying it is). I said that I do not support calling you confirmed scum and I'm not prepared to call any other players confirmed anything (even Math isn't confirmed scum). But regardless, he is a player that I believe can help me get results, so I'm more than willing to work with him for as long as that remains true.

That said, I'm not willing to let him treat you or any other player unfairly. If his argument is compelling and/or I can't find a more strategic way to do things, then I may go along with him at times, but I will personally never be party to him dictating the entire course of the game. I'm not going to be meek and I'm not going to be bullied. Not by him, not by anybody.

As for asking him why he townreads me, I'd have to ask that of every player. The majority of players townread me and I can understand it to a degree, because I've been on a real roll this game. I don't have any actual desire to question him or anyone on their reads though, since I don't care about reads, since they're dumb. The nature of this setup makes it mostly solvable through a combination of good strategy and probability, so it's one of the few games where I don't have to concern myself with other people's biases and faulty thinking.

I think that you're saying some really harsh stuff about RC. To me it seems that regardless of alignment, he has a way of getting people to do things. You might call it bullying or fascism, but I don't think that's a completely fair assessment. He's got no formal authority, so he's not a dictator. And while he's probably a bit too forceful, he's not unlikable. I'm not sure how willing he is to compromise, but based on how he dealt with Titus, I'd say that his willingness to cooperate is at least decent. Titus was the inflexible one in that exchange, while RC was willing to concede more than I think even I would have. But that's just my assessment having never played with him before.

Return to “Completed Open Games”