Open 688: Diffusion of Power (Game Over)

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2400 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:22 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 2397, Kelvin Smith wrote:
In post 2394, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2387, Kelvin Smith wrote:
In post 2379, Titus wrote:If you suggest copping me one more time rather than copping Math, my townread on you will be completely obliterated. That is hands down a waste unless Math flips scum. Your "strategic" thinking has been nothing more than circular logic. Every cop theoretically (although unlikely) could be town.
You seem to have this crazy misconception that we aren't lynching Math today and that they aren't flipping scum. Both are likely occurrences, therefore you are a good Cop target. We obviously wouldn't Cop you if either didn't happen, but like I said, I'm talking likely.

There's nothing circular about my strategy, other than the fact that it is a cycle that can be repeated in order to gain information and catch scum.
But it just defers the issue to another person. All I see happening is "okay now this person says Titus is town, do we believe
them
?"
Yes. Then we lynch that person. Anyone with an innocent gets the rope. Guilties get lynched, but if they aren't scum, the Cop gets lynched. Any Cop that doesn't claim a result by Day 6 gets lynched. Any Cops that have been sitting on reports need to report them immediately or get lynched for it later. As I said, there will be a full framework in order to ensure that we actually lynch scum, confirm town, and Doc the right target. I just need some time to lay it out. I want to try to do it sooner, rather than later, that way we can find any holes in it and make sure it's viable.
We could easily do full framework now.

Each cop claimer gets assigned a doctor (not me) or Math to check while being as consistent with their reads as possible. Zero overlap.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2401 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:23 pm

Post by Kelvin Smith »

Ohhhhh, okay. I think I know who Navy is now.
New main account for the Scummer Formerly Known as Hikari Link.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2402 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:24 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1602, MuttonChopMagic wrote:unfortunately I think this is town!navy
that means agent is scum b
{agent, math, Titus} is probably the team
least confident on Titus, but her shoving mass claim down wasn't great
also, this is ironic but her sesq read in hindsight was bad and she was the main cause of the rope
and her naked voting me when I'm obv town is also not very dope
I still see town!Titus because her interactions with me yday felt somewhat real
but I don't know who the third scum would be and either way she has time to show that since she's third lynch ya feel
Man this team would be alright if Titus weren't there
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2403 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:25 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2399, Navy wrote:Hello Annie.
Tell me how you missed any indication Sheep claimed Doctor.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2404 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:27 pm

Post by Vedith »

Wait, did Gamma replace back into the spot he had? :lol:
I claim scum \o/
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2405 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:29 pm

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 2400, Titus wrote:
In post 2379, Titus wrote:If you suggest copping me one more time rather than copping Math, my townread on you will be completely obliterated. That is hands down a waste unless Math flips scum. Your "strategic" thinking has been nothing more than circular logic. Every cop theoretically (although unlikely) could be town.
You seem to have this crazy misconception that we aren't lynching Math today and that they aren't flipping scum. Both are likely occurrences, therefore you are a good Cop target. We obviously wouldn't Cop you if either didn't happen, but like I said, I'm talking likely.

There's nothing circular about my strategy, other than the fact that it is a cycle that can be repeated in order to gain information and catch scum.
But it just defers the issue to another person. All I see happening is "okay now this person says Titus is town, do we believe
them
?"
Yes. Then we lynch that person. Anyone with an innocent gets the rope. Guilties get lynched, but if they aren't scum, the Cop gets lynched. Any Cop that doesn't claim a result by Day 6 gets lynched. Any Cops that have been sitting on reports need to report them immediately or get lynched for it later. As I said, there will be a full framework in order to ensure that we actually lynch scum, confirm town, and Doc the right target. I just need some time to lay it out. I want to try to do it sooner, rather than later, that way we can find any holes in it and make sure it's viable.

Each cop claimer gets assigned a doctor (not me) or Math to check while being as consistent with their reads as possible. Zero overlap.
I'll have to think about whether or not that will work, but it sounds like a bad plan. First problem I spot is that scum are just going to kill Cops of people that they don't want result. Also, lack of overlap is actually really bad in some ways, because it means that we can never check that person again if the Cop assigned to them is scum.

Anyway, it looks like important stuff is out of the way right now, so bed for reals. Wanna sleep at least 4 hours, ideally.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2406 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:38 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 2404, Vedith wrote:Wait, did Gamma replace back into the spot he had? :lol:
Yes
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2407 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:40 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 2405, Kelvin Smith wrote:

them
?"

I'll have to think about whether or not that will work, but it sounds like a bad plan. First problem I spot is that scum are just going to kill Cops of people that they don't want result. Also, lack of overlap is actually really bad in some ways, because it means that we can never check that person again if the Cop assigned to them is scum.

Anyway, it looks like important stuff is out of the way right now, so bed for reals. Wanna sleep at least 4 hours, ideally.
And if they kill based on hiding info, they cannot hide all of it.

If there are 2 cops tonight, scum cannot kill them both. They won't know which one leads to a certain result.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2408 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:41 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1716, Navy wrote:The lylo thing is a lie. You couldn't have done that because you were dead before lylo in Spring Fever.
That was UpickinFreezer
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2409 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:43 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2404, Vedith wrote:Wait, did Gamma replace back into the spot he had? :lol:
Hell yes. I'd been given that option before. Once I replaced back into a hydra, once I wanted to replace back in but the slot never opened.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2410 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:46 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1733, MuttonChopMagic wrote:
In post 1724, Titus wrote:
In post 1723, MuttonChopMagic wrote:math disappearing after hard softing something thst had no reason to be softed is odd. it's a bit of a bother.
also... I find it unlikely Titus would he her check. this is just wifom, but like, didn't she town read Titus + woldnt you wanna save your check for someone you needed help reading aka not your brother?
Hey, I'm a woman.

Second, you haven't seen Math and I tunnel each other.
I have seen you tunnel math correctly.
I have not seen math tunnel you directly.
I have also not seen scum!Titus in a long ass time and I've never lost to scum!math (on my account that doesn't rhyme)
If I gave I shit I could use this to hunt down who this guy is
But I'm not angry at him so I don't give a shit
<Embrace The Void>

Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2411 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:52 pm

Post by Vedith »

In post 2409, Gamma Emerald wrote:Hell yes. I'd been given that option before. Once I replaced back into a hydra, once I wanted to replace back in but the slot never opened.
Right now I have no idea who is who, and who was who.
I claim scum \o/
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2412 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:55 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1780, Titus wrote:
In post 1779, MuttonChopMagic wrote:so the scum team is me/vedith/Paul?
the game is done, Titus solves it yall!
Itlepip not Paul.
This seem kinda, um, totally bonkers. The main people who pushed MCM after his switch were me Titus and Vedith iirc, maybe Sesq. This means Titus was sheeped by scum on scum.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2413 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:57 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2411, Vedith wrote:
In post 2409, Gamma Emerald wrote:Hell yes. I'd been given that option before. Once I replaced back into a hydra, once I wanted to replace back in but the slot never opened.
I'm myself and itlepip
RC is AS and both are scumfucks
Kelvin is MCM and I think they're Town rn
Navy is Sheep and could be scum but I'm not certain there
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2414 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:18 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1875, Kelvin Smith wrote:UNVOTE: Titus

I'm inclined to agree with Titus that Math is a better lynch, since a town flip confirms Titus and a scum flip puts scrutiny on her. Not saying that's the lynch of the Day, of course. Need to gt a better handle on things first.
Do you have reasoning beyond the "confirm Titus possibly" idea?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2415 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:40 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1940, Titus wrote:@Kelvin,

Look, let's be frank here. I don't think either you or Math is scum. I think you're both being stubborn. I'd still lynch you over Math because Math can never vote me and does nothing for PoE.

Creature was the first death after massclaim. Let's just lynch whichever n1 doctor didn't heal Creature and is not you.
That would be RC or navy
So my primary scumread or yours
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2416 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:47 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1969, alban wrote:This is the final straw. I haven't done anything? Fuck off, Kelvin.
Mod, replace me.
While I don't replace out at it, I do feel "doing nothing" is the worst logic this site has ever seen. It's a no-effort statement and is usually totally wrong.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2417 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:49 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1971, Kelvin Smith wrote:This game really can't afford anymore replacements, but if I have somehow offended you and this wasn't merely a misunderstanding, let's try to work this out, please. My intent wasn't to attack you. To be clear again, I have not read anything prior to replacing in, nor do I plan to. And since I have replaced in, we have had little to no interaction with each other. Under those limited criteria, I feel it's fair to say you've done little to impact me during this period.

@Almost50:
If alban doesn't rescind his request, replace me instead. I'm not going to be responsible for forcing another player out of the game.
I'm not going to call Kelvin conftown for this but this seems towny.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2418 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:52 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2000, NJAC wrote:Don't replace me. I'm still reading. On weekends I can't contribute much.

WRT some recent posts I prefer to lynch Navy than AS. This could change when I finish reading, but meanwhile you have my support on that lynch, Vedith:

VOTE: Navy
How much have you "read"?
<Embrace The Void>

Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2419 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:56 pm

Post by Vedith »

NJAC hasn't read shit and for 2 days has been saying he will.
I claim scum \o/
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2420 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:05 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2034, NJAC wrote:@Titus: did you read D1?
Nope
Learn to deal with it.
<Embrace The Void>

Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2421 (ISO) » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:49 am

Post by Kelvin Smith »

Spoiler: Titus's Cop Plan
In post 2407, Titus wrote:
In post 2405, Kelvin Smith wrote:

them
?"

And if they kill based on hiding info, they cannot hide all of it.

If there are 2 cops tonight, scum cannot kill them both. They won't know which one leads to a certain result.

I don't think this was worded well, but the underlying concept might not be bad. I'll certainly put some consideration into it.
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2422 (ISO) » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:50 am

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 2411, Vedith wrote:
In post 0, Almost50 wrote:
Playerlist

jjh927
Creature*

Sesq
Mathblade
Hellfire Missile**

RadiantCowbells
Agent Sparkles**
Pyra*

NJAC**
TheYankeeReaper*

CommKnight
Gamma Emerald
itlepip*
Gamma Emerald

Titus
aronagrundy
Navy**
Cooperative Sheep*

alban**
Vedith
LunaeCinere*

NotTheRealPaul
Kelvin Smith
MuttonChopMagic
ShadedMelee**
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2423 (ISO) » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:51 am

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 2412, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1780, Titus wrote:
In post 1779, MuttonChopMagic wrote:so the scum team is me/vedith/Paul?
the game is done, Titus solves it yall!
Itlepip not Paul.
This seem kinda, um, totally bonkers. The main people who pushed MCM after his switch were me Titus and Vedith iirc, maybe Sesq. This means Titus was sheeped by scum on scum.
I'm sorry, I don't follow what you just said. Once more, please.
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2424 (ISO) » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:54 am

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 2414, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1875, Kelvin Smith wrote:UNVOTE: Titus

I'm inclined to agree with Titus that Math is a better lynch, since a town flip confirms Titus and a scum flip puts scrutiny on her. Not saying that's the lynch of the Day, of course. Need to gt a better handle on things first.
Do you have reasoning beyond the "confirm Titus possibly" idea?
I'm not sure what you're asking.What do you mean by reasoning? I mean, logically speaking, if Math flips town, then Titus must be town, since Math claims to have Copped Titus and gotten an innocent.

On the other hand, Math flipping scum does nothing to confirm Titus as either town or scum, so Titus arguably needs to be checked again.

Return to “Completed Open Games”