Newbie 1797: Space | Endgame

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:02 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

In post 1372, Dunkerdoodles wrote:BV basically conceded. Town doesn't just concede, and if that post was supposed to be sarcastic and you're then that's borderline gamethrowing.
Intent to hammer.
If I don't hear anything by the time i go to sleep I'll hammer.
How about you try spending two weeks posting as much content as you can and re-reading the game multiple times and getting lynched anyways. I'm not gamethrowing. The lynch was basically set in stone. The only thing my sarcastic remarks and subsequent reaction test got were strengthening my townread on Paul.

Just hammer and end my misery. Either esires is scum and I can feel like an idiot, or Paul is scum and we can all admire his awesome scumplay, or skitter is scum and I can feel self-righteous and everyone can explain to me how my arguments were bad, or HS is scum and we can say "oh, well he bussed. Didn't see that coming."
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:56 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

AtE is getting to me lol.

Can we compromise and lynch esires?

Im not hammering btw. Im 90% sure BV is still town. I still want an esires flip.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:57 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

Just talk to me about skitter and esires man. I think he's town. Where am I going wrong?
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:58 pm

Post by ThinkBig »

VC 3.15

Aphelion Sunrise
Image Credit & Copyright: Stephen Mudge

Explanation: On July 3rd, planet Earth reached aphelion, the farthest point in its elliptical orbit around the Sun. Each year, this day of the most distant Sun happens to occur during winter in the southern hemisphere. That's where this aphelion sunrise from 2015 was captured in a time series composite against the skyline of Brisbane, Australia. Of course, seasons for our fair planet are not determined by distance to the Sun, but by the tilt of Earth's rotational axis with respect to the ecliptic, the plane of its orbit. Fondly known as the obliquity of the ecliptic, the angle of the tilt is about 23.4 degrees from perpendicular to the orbital plane. So the most distant sunrise occurs during northern summer, when the planet's north pole is tilted toward the Sun and the north enjoys longer, warmer days.

BlackVoid
(3): Human Sequencer, esires, skitter30
L-1

esires
(2): NotTheRealPaul, Dunkerdoodles
skitter30
(1): BlackVoid

Not Voting
(0):
None.

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

The day 3 deadline is in
: (expired on 2017-07-06 19:59:10)
Last edited by ThinkBig on Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have officially retired this account. My new account is Virtuoso.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:01 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

Well, the mod is here. If you hammer now, I can get to the dead thread immediately and figure out who scum are. Letting Draynth hammer isn't going to give town any more information and if you don't hammer, he will. There's no reason to not hammer right now. You are the last unconfirmed player who hasn't voted me yet. Just promise me you'll take a good hard look at skitter in lylo if you are still alive then.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:10 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

Skitter is never going to change her mind. If she's town, we've both misread each other pretty absurdly. esires has been calling me scum like a broken record since the start of the DP. He could be scum for all I know and if he's town, then he's played right into scum's hands.
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:32 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

Fine. I'll put u out of ur misery.

VOTE: Blackvoid
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:37 pm

Post by Plotinus »

VC 3.16

Dust, Gas, and Stars in the Orion Nebula

Explanation: The Great Nebula in Orion, an immense, nearby starbirth region, is probably the most famous of all astronomical nebulas. Here, filaments of dark dust and glowing gas surround hot young stars at the edge of an immense interstellar molecular cloud only 1500 light-years away. In the featured deep image shown in assigned colors, part of the nebula's center is shown as taken by the Hubble Space Telescope. The Great Nebula in Orion can be found with the unaided eye near the easily identifiable belt of three stars in the popular constellation Orion. In addition to housing a bright open cluster of stars known as the Trapezium, the Orion Nebula contains many stellar nurseries. These nurseries contain much hydrogen gas, hot young stars, proplyds, and stellar jets spewing material at high speeds. Also known as M42 and M43, the Orion Nebula spans about 40 light years and is located in the same spiral arm of our Galaxy as the Sun.

Image and text credit

BlackVoid
(4): Human Sequencer, esires, skitter30, NotTheRealPaul
<-- LYNCH

esires
(1): Dunkerdoodles
skitter30
(1): BlackVoid

Not Voting
(0): :]

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

The day 3 deadline is in
:
(expired on 2017-07-06 19:59:10)

Mod Notes

Hi, I'm the backup mod!

ThinkBig can post the flip later!
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:06 pm

Post by ThinkBig »

Dammit Plotinus! You're always beating me to it!

BlackVoid (replaces Not Chara) was lynched day 3! He was a
Vanilla Townie
!

Night 3 has started and will last for (expired on 2017-07-07 06:06:18)
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:01 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Night 3 Kill

Star Formation in the Tadpole Nebula

Explanation: What's all of the commotion in the Tadpole nebula? Star formation. Dusty emission in the Tadpole nebula, IC 410, lies about 12,000 light-years away in the northern constellation of the Charioteer (Auriga). The cloud of glowing gas is over 100 light-years across, sculpted by stellar winds and radiation from embedded open star cluster NGC 1893. Formed in the interstellar cloud a mere 4 million years ago, bright newly formed cluster stars are seen all around the star-forming nebula. Notable near the image center are two relatively dense streamers of material trailing away from the nebula's central regions. Potentially sites of ongoing star formation in IC 410, these cosmic tadpole shapes are about 10 light-years long. The featured image was taken in infrared light by NASA's Wide Field Infrared Survey Explorer (WISE) satellite.

Image and text copyright information

NotTheRealPaul died night 3, he was
vanilla town
!

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:08 pm

Post by Plotinus »

VC 4.00
SH2-155: The Cave Nebula

Explanation: This skyscape features dusty Sharpless catalog emission region Sh2-155, the Cave Nebula. In the telescopic image, data taken through a narrowband filter tracks the reddish glow of ionized hydrogen atoms. About 2,400 light-years away, the scene lies along the plane of our Milky Way Galaxy toward the royal northern constellation of Cepheus. Astronomical explorations of the region reveal that it has formed at the boundary of the massive Cepheus B molecular cloud and the hot, young stars of the Cepheus OB 3 association. The bright rim of ionized hydrogen gas is energized by radiation from the hot stars, dominated by the brightest star above and left of picture center. Radiation driven ionization fronts are likely triggering collapsing cores and new star formation within. Appropriately sized for a stellar nursery, the cosmic cave is over 10 light-years across.

Image and text credit

Not Voting
(4): esires, Dunkerdoodles, skitter30, Human Sequencer

With 4 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.

The day 3 deadline is in
:
(expired on 2017-07-22 10:15:00)

Mod Notes

Hi, I'm the backup mod! I hope ThinkBig is okay!

Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:37 am

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

Paul dying is interesting. I expected to be dead but I guess I'm still here.
esires
esires
Goon
esires
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:02 am

Post by esires »

I'm VLA til tomorrow but I'll post then
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:15 pm

Post by skitter30 »

I'm honestly at a complete loss here; I thought BV was scum, and the last three pages or so basically sealed the deal. But he's not, and here we are. I thought Paul was a *very* strange night-kill; I was expecting Dunker to go since he's confirmed.

So, maybe we should all say who we think is most likely to be scum?

Is no-lynch an option here? I feel like Dunker will just die, so I don't know if that will be particularly helpful.
esires
esires
Goon
esires
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:57 am

Post by esires »

Yeah, I was expecting this to time out really nicely by ending before my trip this weekend when BV was lynched. Now I'll need to reread to figure out what purpose is served in killing Paul. Like Dunker
is
jailer, right? Looking at the matrix there must be either a jailer or a tracker and I'm neither, and I'd assume someone would have CC'd by now. My gut says HS as the final scum now because he was unusually inactive yesterday but I will need to reread both Paul and Dunker when I get home this evening to try and figure this out.
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: all

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:45 am

Post by Human Sequencer »

Skitter, what do you think about the Paul nightkill?

What in particular sold you on BV being scum? I would prefer direct quotes.
nah
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:07 am

Dunker, who did you block last night?
nah
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:57 am

Post by skitter30 »

@HS:

Did you read the last three pages or so?

I explained why I thought he was scum in , and pretty much everything he did after that only cemented that opinion.

I'm guessing Paul was the night-kill because he was basically universally townread, with BV being the only holdout. He wasn't a lynch option for today. He's also been more active than Dunker, so I'm guessing between less-active conf!town and *very* active universal!townread, scum went with Paul.
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:17 am

In post 1392, skitter30 wrote:Did you read the last three pages or so?
Not really.
In post 1321, skitter30 wrote:You're admitting that you were initially pushing for his lynch in order to 'mislynch' him, not because you thought he was scum. Why are you looking for mislynches instead of actually looking for scum at that point? Then you realized you needed to set up someone else (me) to be mislynched. If you're trying to *misynch* me, you think I'm town. You don't set up a mislynch on someone you think is scum. You just lynch them. You admitted that your townread of esires is literally based on the fact that if you mislynch him today, you're up next tomorrow. So, your townread of him is based on self-survival and convenience, not because you actually think he's town.
[...]
Paul, Dunker, don't do anything stupid without talking about it first.
This doesn't make sense. He was joking when he wrote that paragraph, and the way you glossed over and took 'I was supposed to put that in my scum PT' at face value when the scum PT is closed during day phases (something you know, as you've rolled scum before).

All of is actually quite concerning, and I don't think it adequately explains your scumread on him at the time. The reasoning doesn't read as honest. It looks like you're putting extra words and "logical steps" in where they're not necessary, to make it look as if you're town thinking through your assessment of his post, when the outcome is very plain and obvious: "I think he scumslipped and am voting him".

Could you link me any other information based on your read on BlackVoid at EoD?
nah
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:18 am

In post 1393, Human Sequencer wrote:This doesn't make sense. He was joking when he wrote that paragraph, and the way you glossed over and took 'I was supposed to put that in my scum PT' at face value when the scum PT is closed during day phases (something you know, as you've rolled scum before) concerns me.
EBWOP
nah
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:34 am

Post by skitter30 »

I've played precisely one scumgame on site, and my scum PT was actually open when I was the last scum; see this link: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=71333&start=25, post 28. If that isn't common practice, I would have no way of knowing that.

I would very much appreciate it if you read the last three pages.

Yes, I thought he scumslipped and thus decided to vote him. I was explaining exactly why I thought he scumslipped.

Why do you think Paul was the kill?
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:42 am

That's fair, with relation to the scum PT.

I don't really wanna read the last three pages. Not now, at least. I'm sure I'll read it in bits and pieces as it comes up in conversation throughout this dayphase, and if it doesn't, or if you're too stubborn on this matter, I guess I won't really have a choice but to read it.

Considering that the pool of non-mechanically confirmed towns (at least to my perspective) are Skitter and Esires, I think either Esires is overwhelmed scum not really paying much attention, or Skitter framing Esires to do the same, or Skitter doing something out of left field that I haven't considered.

Considering that BV's dying wish was to get you lynched, and I quite respect BV's play, I'm forced to reconsider my read on you, which is what I'm doing right now.
nah
esires
esires
Goon
esires
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:13 am

Post by esires »

God, now I don't know. I can't bring myself to fully reread skitter as I don't have 6 hours to do so, but the last few pages look suspect now that BV flipped town. I have pretty much agreed with her reasoning all game and viewed her as town by default, but there was a major OMGUS turn in that looks super-fishy with BV's flip in mind.

I'm trying to figure out who benefits from killing Paul. Paul was convinced I'm scum, so him dying makes me look bad, which benefits someone trying to get me lynched. Paul dying also confirms him as town, which both skitter and HS (HS in particular) have been convinced of for most of the game, which makes them look good. Paul sheeped both skitter and HS throughout the game, but mostly HS towards the end of the day 3. Paul had skitters listed as a lynch option after BV and I, and did not think HS was scum. Paul also said a few times that he was wary of skitter from their last game together, which I can imagine HS would want to use as a means of getting skitter lynched, so that's another reason I can't picture HS killing Paul.

Pretty much the only thing I can see that would be advantageous for HS in killing Paul is that it confirms HS's townread on Paul, but I kind of feel like that would actually be a reason NOT to kill Paul for HS, since it might look like HS already knew for SURE that Paul was town.

So, reading on the face of it, it looks like skitters has way more motivation to kill Paul than HS does.
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:46 am

In post 1397, esires wrote:I have pretty much agreed with her reasoning all game and viewed her as town by default, but there was a major OMGUS turn in that looks super-fishy with BV's flip in mind.
What in particular do you find questionable in that post?
nah
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:48 am

Post by ThinkBig »

Many thanks to Plotinus for being a super awesome backup! I could not have done this game without you.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”