Open 688: Diffusion of Power (Game Over)

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2500 (ISO) » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:30 pm

Post by MathBlade »

...RC I have told Titus this and she doesn't get it. I am getting ready for bed please don't fight I don't want to read miles of RC Titus Spam in the morning.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2501 (ISO) » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:30 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

we both agree with the assessment that this game suffers from too many cooks in the kitchen but you're refusing to any sort of compromise that isn't literally just your reads being followed.

sorry do you think that you're just better than me and kelvin and others and our reads dont matter? like even contingent on someone being proven right you are just like nah my reads go
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2502 (ISO) » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:34 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2501, RadiantCowbells wrote:we both agree with the assessment that this game suffers from too many cooks in the kitchen but you're refusing to any sort of compromise that isn't literally just your reads being followed.

sorry do you think that you're just better than me and kelvin and others and our reads dont matter? like even contingent on someone being proven right you are just like nah my reads go
?? Why are you yelling at me when I am compromising on Navy and have been trying to get you and Titus to work together ??
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
alban
alban
Mafia Scum
alban
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2503 (ISO) » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:36 pm

Post by alban »

Kelvin, I was waiting for you to present a case on Mathblade. It doesn't help that you keep touting your case on Math as a strong case. It might be so for you, but it's not for me, and if you want my vote on Math, you need to revise your case. I am not averse to their lynch even without your reasons coz they have been on my radar, but since your whole plan seems to rest on Math lynch, you should try harder to present your case. Right now, the attitude is take it or leave it, which isn't helping anyone.

Titus, you need to present an equally strong case on why not Math.

Both of you have done it in bits and pieces, but it's scattered. So if you could present it here in a concise manner, it will help.
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2504 (ISO) » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:39 pm

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 2499, RadiantCowbells wrote:no. on principle I refuse to vote with you and implicitly acknowledge that what you are doing here is okay.
its not. you talk so much about cooperation and town unity but all it ever seems to mean to you is everyone doing what you want.
In post 2501, RadiantCowbells wrote:we both agree with the assessment that this game suffers from too many cooks in the kitchen but you're refusing to any sort of compromise that isn't literally just your reads being followed.

^Fucking this! You know what? I'm willing to fucking die on my sword for this if you and Paul are.

UNVOTE: Navy
VOTE: MathBlade

I don't know if others will come around on this vote, but I don't even care at this point. If anybody wants to listen to my ravings though, Vote Math.

If Math Flips Town, all Docs on Titus and all Cops on Navy.
If Math flips scum, All Docs on Gamma and all Cops on alban.

I'd still rather Cop Titus than Navy if Math flips scum, but I'll give this one to RC.
New main account for the Scummer Formerly Known as Hikari Link.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2505 (ISO) » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:40 pm

like I took your townread on math into account. and your scumread on navy. I have spent hours of RL time understanding the context of all of your reads and gotten to the point where I can read a couple of your posts and snap judge your alignment instantly.

you? 50 games in with several hydras and you've got shit for reading me. every time you have lynched me I've been town.

like I know exactly what buttons to press here if I were scum to get you to do what I want. you know that as well as I do. if you're going to make zero effort to try to understand how I tick the least you could do is show my reads some respect.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2506 (ISO) » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:40 pm

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 2502, MathBlade wrote:

?? Why are you yelling at me when I am compromising on Navy and have been trying to get you and Titus to work together ??
He was clearly talking to Titus. Clearly.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2507 (ISO) » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:40 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 2499, RadiantCowbells wrote:no. on principle I refuse to vote with you and implicitly acknowledge that what you are doing here is okay.
its not. you talk so much about cooperation and town unity but all it ever seems to mean to you is everyone doing what you want.
No. That's not it at all. I have tried to address Kelvin's concerns about Math PoEing us and divising a doctor plan. I am trying to get the best from people.

Now, if you can highlight a specific behavior you felt shut down conversation, ok.

But you never mentioned me not trying to work with others before in this game which kinda pings.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2508 (ISO) » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:44 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 2503, alban wrote:Kelvin, I was waiting for you to present a case on Mathblade. It doesn't help that you keep touting your case on Math as a strong case. It might be so for you, but it's not for me, and if you want my vote on Math, you need to revise your case. I am not averse to their lynch even without your reasons coz they have been on my radar, but since your whole plan seems to rest on Math lynch, you should try harder to present your case. Right now, the attitude is take it or leave it, which isn't helping anyone.

Titus, you need to present an equally strong case on why not Math.

Both of you have done it in bits and pieces, but it's scattered. So if you could present it here in a concise manner, it will help.
Ok.

Why not Math?

They get ridiculously omgusy as town. They are easily picked on. Math is floated as a strategic lynch which benefits no one as no one scumreads me and basically gives scum an excuse to lynch an innocent claiming cop whenever. The argument check Titus again, that slot gets lynched.

PoE works better when equally restrained. Scum are not going to bus Navy alban. That slot is never showing up or getting replaced.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2509 (ISO) » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:45 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 2505, RadiantCowbells wrote:like I know exactly what buttons to press here if I were scum to get you to do what I want. you know that as well as I do. if you're going to make zero effort to try to understand how I tick the least you could do is show my reads some respect.
I am by planning around them for if I am wrong but I am not lynching in cop claims when confirmed scum in doctors. Period barring a scumclaim from Math which does not exist.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2510 (ISO) » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:46 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 2502, MathBlade wrote:

The only acceptable lynches today are doctors. The only decent one is Navy. RC would be my next choice.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2511 (ISO) » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:48 pm

I agreed to lynch navy if you would start listening to my reads
if
you were wrong. on a read im not even sure is wrong given Alban's fit.

why am i required to continually make concessions to you when we disagree?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2512 (ISO) » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:51 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 2511, RadiantCowbells wrote:I agreed to lynch navy if you would start listening to my reads
if

No. I am. Assigning the cops is making a concession Math could be scum. I gave my biggest TR the responsibility of checking you because I don't trust you, mainly because you cannot see town Math.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

alban
alban
Mafia Scum
alban
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2513 (ISO) » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:52 pm

Post by alban »

Kelvin:
"If Math Flips Town, all Docs on Titus and all Cops on Navy.
If Math flips scum, All Docs on Gamma and all Cops on alban."

This won't fly.
1. If Math flips town, why should cops be on Navy? They should be on you or RC coz you are the ones pushing their lynch.
2. If Math flips scum, why should the cops be on me? They should obviously be on Titus who is fighting to stop their lynch.
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2514 (ISO) » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:53 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

alban townies can be wrong u dumbass.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2515 (ISO) » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:53 pm

In post 2512, Titus wrote:
In post 2511, RadiantCowbells wrote:I agreed to lynch navy if you would start listening to my reads
if

No. I am. Assigning the cops is making a concession Math could be scum. I gave my biggest TR the responsibility of checking you because I don't trust you, mainly because you cannot see town Math.
nah thats not a concession.

why should I even want cops spent on a slot i'm sure is scum?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2516 (ISO) » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:53 pm

Post by Titus »

I can't agree to follow your reads given a) I am not 100% on Navy and b) you're my second choice RC.

You can play to my emotions quite well as scum. We know this.

I also know I am vulnerable to pride.

Eliminate that so I can trust yoy.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2517 (ISO) » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:54 pm

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 2503, alban wrote:Kelvin, I was waiting for you to present a case on Mathblade. It doesn't help that you keep touting your case on Math as a strong case.

It might be so for you, but it's not for me, and if you want my vote on Math, you need to revise your case.
Here's the beauty of it: No I fucking don't. Like, what do you want from me? I'm sorry if the case doesn't make sense to you. Like, maybe that's cause it's a bad case, but maybe it's not?
In post 2503, alban wrote:I am not averse to their lynch even without your reasons coz they have been on my radar, but since your whole plan seems to rest on Math lynch, you should try harder to present your case. Right now, the attitude is take it or leave it, which isn't helping anyone.
If you aren't adverse to a lynch of Math, then join the wagon. If you are, don't. I'm not going to dance like your little monkey explaining it. I'm not coming to you with my hat in my hand and begging you to lynch Math. If you're town and you want an opportunity to lynch scum, then lynching someone is a good move. Lynching Navy doesn't confirm a townie, lynching Math does. It's not rocket science. One gives more utility than the other. I can't explain it any other way.
In post 2503, alban wrote:Titus, you need to present an equally strong case on why not Math.

The thing is, Titus probably can't and won't, because I've been trying to get her to do it this whole time and her answers are always "Math is town because I say so" or "Navy is scum because of shaky reasons."

I can't speak for Titus, but I'm not making it any more concise than I have. If you want to throw the game away by mo lynching, go for it. I won't stop you and I won't complain about it. But if you're town, just remember the time that you could've lynched scum and didn't. Learn from it, then make better decisions in the future. Or don't. You people have killed whatever reignited desire I had to try to change the meta of this website. I'm probably out after this game. I keep trying to find ways to make this game tolerable and they don't seem to exist.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2518 (ISO) » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:55 pm

VOTE: titus

this is the best move for the health of the game.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2519 (ISO) » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:55 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 2515, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 2512, Titus wrote:
if

nah thats not a concession.

why should I even want cops spent on a slot i'm sure is scum?
PoE and you're wrong. I'd bet the game on Math being town right now. I am not willing to bet the game on Math being scum.

It is a concession to use a cop on locktown reads RC. We need to merge this. I'm not letting a mislynch on Math happen.

Now, why is Navy town without talking about Math.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2520 (ISO) » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:57 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 2518, RadiantCowbells wrote:VOTE: titus

this is the best move for the health of the game.
No. You're just butthurt tiwn or scum pissed you cannot mislynch Math.

You can get pissed or we can work out a plan that clears you. I told you after other games, you aren't strongarming lynches on my TRs. You do that as scum.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2521 (ISO) » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:58 pm

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 2514, NotTheRealPaul wrote:alban townies can be wrong u dumbass.
Let's cool it on the name-calling, please. But otherwise, this is pretty accurate.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2522 (ISO) » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:59 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 2513, alban wrote:Kelvin:
"If Math Flips Town, all Docs on Titus and all Cops on Navy.
If Math flips scum, All Docs on Gamma and all Cops on alban."

This won't fly.
1. If Math flips town, why should cops be on Navy? They should be on you or RC coz you are the ones pushing their lynch.
2. If Math flips scum, why should the cops be on me? They should obviously be on Titus who is fighting to stop their lynch.
Agreed.

If Math flips town and Navy is town, the game is over bc that slot isn't here and gets defended a lot. It's mislynch bait.

I don't mind being copped in the event Math flips scum, but they won't.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2523 (ISO) » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:59 pm

no as scum I manipulate you into townreading the people I want alive and scumreading town. why can I snapread you but you have never even tried to learn to read me?
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2524 (ISO) » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:00 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

RC id vote with u but Titus wont go anywhere. Also Math is a better lynch info wise.

Rn I'll even lynch alban.

pedit: sorry im just very very very pissed. apologies alban. I wuz out of line.

Return to “Completed Open Games”