Open 688: Diffusion of Power (Game Over)

Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2675 (ISO) » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:24 am

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 2669, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2586, Kelvin Smith wrote:
In post 2573, Titus wrote:We agree on Kelvin lock town. Let's start there.
I'm going to stop you right there. It doesn't matter that I know I'm town. It doesn't matter that I'm obviously town. It doesn't matter that it doesn't make sense for me to be anything else but town. Don't lock me as town unless you have the hard data to back it up. That's just good policy.
Excuse me but you were on Titus' case for saying no to lynching Math because that wasn't a good info lynch for her.
How are those two things incompatible? I don't want Titus to avoid lynches because she thinks they won't give people information and I also don't want her to give me locktown status without actually having information that confirms me as town. Those are logically consistent statements.
New main account for the Scummer Formerly Known as Hikari Link.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2676 (ISO) » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:24 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I thought you meant something else
Ty
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2677 (ISO) » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:26 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2674, Gamma Emerald wrote:I thought of a solid idea. We lynch in docs today and we make a cop chain. Here's a starting chain.
Vedith cops Math
I cop Vedith
Paul cops me
NJAC/replacement cops Paul

Or we could not spam for 20 something pages who cops who realize that any such strategy is bullshit as we are all given one night to act and this circle jerk hypothesis shit is crap.

However if we insist on doing this Gamma's plan at least is the best crap out of the crap pile.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2678 (ISO) » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:26 am

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 2674, Gamma Emerald wrote:I thought of a solid idea. We lynch in docs today and we make a cop chain. Here's a starting chain.
Vedith cops Math
I cop Vedith
Paul cops me
NJAC/replacement cops Paul
I don't know why people don't realize the severe holes in the line of reasoning to suggest each Cop only has one target.
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2679 (ISO) » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:27 am

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 2672, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2500, MathBlade wrote:...RC I have told Titus this and she doesn't get it. I am getting ready for bed please don't fight I don't want to read miles of RC Titus Spam in the morning.
Remember how I said I didn't want to read miles of spam. This definitely qualifies. Navy Alban Kelvin all scums.
Then fucking vote Navy, since you can actually get a lynch there.
alban
alban
Mafia Scum
alban
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2680 (ISO) » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:30 am

Post by alban »

In post 2673, Kelvin Smith wrote:
In post 2664, alban wrote:Titus, if you are gonna be obstinate about lynching me, I can just replace out :) :P
Hey, alban. Now you're the one being a dick. I'm serious.
It was a joke.
Going by that logic, are you being a dick for posting this?

In post 2376, Kelvin Smith wrote:
In post 2372, alban wrote:
That's your perception and you are entitled to that
, but according to me, out of the six points you mentioned in , there was only one decent point (detailed in ). Yeah, Math could be scum, but not for the reasons you mentioned. In fact, your hard push on Math for reasons so weak pushed me away from voting for Math.
That's your perception and you are entitled to that.
When all is said and done though, I'll prove my reasoning to be the best. And if you don't want the Day to end in a NL, you're probably going to have to come around to Math.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2681 (ISO) » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:31 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

My thought is by making the line we make it really hard for scum to hide as with proper execution we have more Town given results than scum given
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2682 (ISO) » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:39 am

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 2680, alban wrote:
In post 2664, alban wrote:Titus, if you are gonna be obstinate about lynching me, I can just replace out :) :P
It was a joke.

, but according to me, out of the six points you mentioned in , there was only one decent point (detailed in ). Yeah, Math could be scum, but not for the reasons you mentioned. In fact, your hard push on Math for reasons so weak pushed me away from voting for Math.
When all is said and done though, I'll prove my reasoning to be the best. And if you don't want the Day to end in a NL, you're probably going to have to come around to Math.
I understand that it was a joke. But it was a joke making fun of the fact that I'm so frustrated by the people in this game, that I'm prepared to replace out so that it can move forward. You'll notice I never made fun of you when you wanted to replace out. So yeah, it's kind of a dick move on your part.
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2683 (ISO) » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:43 am

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 2681, Gamma Emerald wrote:My thought is by making the line we make it really hard for scum to hide as with proper execution we have more Town given results than scum given
Yes, that's what everyone keeps saying, but it doesn't pass the sniff test. Scum have absolute knowledge of which of those claims are real and which (if any) of those targets are dangerous to them. In addition, unless all of the Cops are acting tonight (which they probably) aren't, then they'll have a decent amount time to clean up the ones that are threats.

When we have all Cops on a single high value target for a given Night, we increase the chances of actually getting actionable data on said target. Do we increase the chance of overlap? Sure.

But it's worth the risk when certain targets threaten to rip apart town cohesion and make victory nigh impossible.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2684 (ISO) » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:49 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Actually if we have over lap that means we can possibly get more alignments judged anyway
If we have contradictory results then we have a 1 v 1 and a slot solved
Two of the same means a very likely true result
<Embrace The Void>

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2685 (ISO) » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:57 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2684, Gamma Emerald wrote:Actually if we have over lap that means we can possibly get more alignments judged anyway
If we have contradictory results then we have a 1 v 1 and a slot solved
Two of the same means a very likely true result
No overlap means we get a logic setup but it seems I am out voted.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2686 (ISO) » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:58 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2683, Kelvin Smith wrote:But it's worth the risk when certain targets threaten to rip apart town cohesion and make victory nigh impossible.
*sigh* Other than not agreeing with you, how is town cohesion being ripped apart?

VOTE: Navy
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2687 (ISO) » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:32 am

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 2686, Titus wrote:
In post 2683, Kelvin Smith wrote:But it's worth the risk when certain targets threaten to rip apart town cohesion and make victory nigh impossible.
*sigh* Other than not agreeing with you, how is town cohesion being ripped apart?

Math threatens to rip apart town cohesion by merely existing while not being Copped by multiple Cops. As long as Paul, RC, and I are alive, we're probably going to suspect Math. You refuse to lynch them (which I'm whatever about at this point), but then you also oppose dedicating more than paltry resources to confirming their alignment for the benefit of us.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2688 (ISO) » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:41 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2687, Kelvin Smith wrote:

Math threatens to rip apart town cohesion by merely existing while not being Copped by multiple Cops. As long as Paul, RC, and I are alive, we're probably going to suspect Math. You refuse to lynch them (which I'm whatever about at this point), but then you also oppose dedicating more than paltry resources to confirming their alignment for the benefit of us.
Guess what? Paul is scum.

And if we dedicate the cops, we solve this anyway. If we direct a heal to me tonight, I can ensure Math gets copped on n4 but it's still a waste. You convinced yourself of strategy and used that to fuel a read.

What is your alban read?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2689 (ISO) » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:48 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Wait why is Paul scum?
<Embrace The Void>

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2690 (ISO) » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:50 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2689, Gamma Emerald wrote:Wait why is Paul scum?
Coasting tbh. He's following all the major pushes yet not invested in saying who is town and working with them.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2691 (ISO) » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:52 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Ok
<Embrace The Void>

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2692 (ISO) » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:56 am

Post by Titus »

Gamma, your alban read?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2693 (ISO) » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:12 am

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 2688, Titus wrote:

And if we dedicate the cops, we solve this anyway. If we direct a heal to me tonight, I can ensure Math gets copped on n4 but it's still a waste. You convinced yourself of strategy and used that to fuel a read.

What is your alban read?
I refuse to agree to a heal being dedicated to you tonight until I know that you're town and I don't want a Cop anywhere but Math. I'm giving you Navy, so I need you to give me this. I'd rather we heal Gamma.

Don't expect anything other than sporadic posting today. Gonna be very busy all day.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2694 (ISO) » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:15 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2693, Kelvin Smith wrote:

What is your alban read?
I refuse to agree to a heal being dedicated to you tonight until I know that you're town and I don't want a Cop anywhere but Math. I'm giving you Navy, so I need you to give me this. I'd rather we heal Gamma.

Don't expect anything other than sporadic posting today. Gonna be very busy all day.
On the condition if I die, you don't lynch Math without a guilty on them. Then I am ok with a heal on Gamma.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2695 (ISO) » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:15 am

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 2690, Titus wrote:
In post 2689, Gamma Emerald wrote:Wait why is Paul scum?
Coasting tbh. He's following all the major pushes yet not invested in saying who is town and working with them.
Show me two Cops with a Math Innocent result tomorrow and I'll lynch Paul on the spot.
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2696 (ISO) » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:17 am

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 2694, Titus wrote:

What is your alban read?

On the condition if I die, you don't lynch Math without a guilty on them. Then I am ok with a heal on Gamma.
Okay. If Cops are dedicated to Math tonight, then I will agree to this 100%. I give my word. On an Innocent, I'll lynch Paul.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2697 (ISO) » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:19 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2696, Kelvin Smith wrote:
In post 2694, Titus wrote:

What is your alban read?

Okay. If Cops are dedicated to Math tonight, then I will agree to this 100%. I give my word. On an Innocent, I'll lynch Paul.
Fine. If we're both alive, we can talk about it. We're in reluctant agreement. I still feel this is a waste but my number 1 tr aside from you lives.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

alban
alban
Mafia Scum
alban
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2698 (ISO) » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:27 am

Post by alban »

In post 2682, Kelvin Smith wrote:
In post 2680, alban wrote:
It was a joke.

I understand that it was a joke. But it was a joke making fun of the fact that I'm so frustrated by the people in this game, that I'm prepared to replace out so that it can move forward. You'll notice I never made fun of you when you wanted to replace out. So yeah, it's kind of a dick move on your part.
Oh no, you misunderstood me completely buddy. I would never ever make fun of someone, especially when they were feeling down. Believe me when I say that. It wasn't meant for you, but for Titus. And I used your words coz we were saying the exactly opposite things to Titus. You were talking about Titus's no lynch stance, and I was talking about his stance on lynching me.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2699 (ISO) » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:30 am

Post by Titus »

Alban, who is the scum doc? What is your Navy read?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Return to “Completed Open Games”