Open 688: Diffusion of Power (Game Over)

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2900 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:26 am

Post by gigabyteTroubadour »

as scum though i'd be concerned with the outcome

like the only reason i'd see it from scum is if they thought they could pull off a dumbtell like that or something and neither you nor mutton strike me as that type of player
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2901 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:27 am

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 2895, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:how likely is it we can flashwagon math?
Paul
RC
You
Me

Those are all of the people we could definitely get to vote Math. alban and Gamma are people I think we could maybe get to vote Math. So it's potentially doable.
New main account for the Scummer Formerly Known as Hikari Link.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2902 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:27 am

Post by Almost50 »

Let me interrupt your scumhunting with this song with feels on-spot describing how all 20+ of you have been voting in this game. Yeah, I know there are only 10 players alive in the game, but counting the dead and the replacements (and replacements for replacements) the numbers just get multiplied, which is AMAZING!

We apologize for this brief interruption and we resume the original program momentarily. Carry on, please.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2903 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:29 am

In post 2901, Kelvin Smith wrote:
In post 2895, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:how likely is it we can flashwagon math?
Paul
RC
You
Me

Those are all of the people we could definitely get to vote Math. alban and Gamma are people I think we could maybe get to vote Math. So it's potentially doable.
ehhhhh

i dont see alban siding with raybells though

i'd like to hear from him though on this
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2904 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:29 am

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 2900, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:as scum though i'd be concerned with the outcome

like the only reason i'd see it from scum is if they thought they could pull off a dumbtell like that or something and neither you nor mutton strike me as that type of player
I don't know Mutton well enough to make that assessment, so I don't know if this is a fair assessment. Regardless, I know that his actions weren't scum-motivated, so it's a moot point for me. But I can think of various reasons why other people could see it as indicative of alignment either way. Which is why reads are generally so grossly inaccurate.
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2905 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:31 am

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 2869, alban wrote:I think my approach has been binary; either my way or no way. Which is not the way I want to play this game anymore. It's a bit selfish and stupid and also stalling the game.
Kelvin, RC, Titus, Vedith (if you are reading), you all seem to have a plan. Can we all work together and lynch someone who is agreeable to everyone?
All four of you can't be scums together. So, I am ready to put my faith in someone who is agreeable to all four. Assuming that one of you is indeed a scum, we can take vote for someone who is agreeable for 3/4 of you. Or 2/3 of you in case Vedith is not going to read.
Math is not fine with Titus. What about Navy? What about Paul? What are you views on them? Both Titus and Vedith are for Navy. RC was okay with Navy eventually. You, Kelvin?
Also, you should elaborate the scenario about what happens if the intended lynch isn't a scum. What about the night and what about tomorrow? This will be helpful in case someone dies tonight.
My suggestion will be to just present your thoughts for now without poking holes in other people's theories. Refrain from commenting on anything else apart from your own thoughts. That's the only way we are moving forward.
This post is why alban might possibly be agreeable to a Math lynch.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2906 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:33 am

anyway though

i'm fairly confident on the top 5 ppl in my reads being town so i'm good to end the day i think

i dont think i'm going to get much done in <48 hours, i did some soft reading but it kind of always turns to mush when i do that and i'd rather just talk to people whenever i'm on.

probably would be ready to hammer once everyone posts at least once

pedit: hmm

i actually like that post? i kind of glossed over it while isoing and only his d1 stuff really retained in my head

UNVOTE:

raybells talk to me why alban > navy

Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2907 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:38 am

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 2906, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:i actually like that post? i kind of glossed over it while isoing and only his d1 stuff really retained in my head
The problem with that post is that it only came while he was at L-2 after I heavily criticized him because he was unwilling to work with anybody after claiming that 6 of the 9 remaining players (not including himself, obviously) were scummy. Up until that point, he's basically been able to get away with not taking firm stances on anybody by saying that he wouldn't vote with a given person because he didn't agree with their reasoning, even if he agreed with their conclusion.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2908 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:38 am

Post by Titus »

@K

Everytime I turn around you are talking about how Math and I cannot be together bc you cannot control Math and I. It's an equally valid reason to lynch you and RC. You refuse to let me go through my process, gove reasons beyond strategy, or consider my pov.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2909 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:40 am

VOTE: mathblade

just in case we get enough people on

otherwise i'll hop back on whichever of navy/alban is bigger in time though

i'm starting to lean closer to navy > alban however
Kelvin Smith wrote:
In post 2906, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:i actually like that post? i kind of glossed over it while isoing and only his d1 stuff really retained in my head
The problem with that post is that it only came while he was at L-2 after I heavily criticized him because he was unwilling to work with anybody after claiming that 6 of the 9 remaining players (not including himself, obviously) were scummy. Up until that point, he's basically been able to get away with not taking firm stances on anybody by saying that he wouldn't vote with a given person because he didn't agree with their reasoning, even if he agreed with their conclusion.
oh lmfao

sorry - the deadline's kind of got me flustered and i'm trying to condense as much information as possible (i'm already horrible at doing catch ups which is why i only replace in upon request >_>)

but yeah that does detract from the genuineness of that post

i'll read that area more closely in his iso then

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2910 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:41 am

In post 2908, Titus wrote:@K

Everytime I turn around you are talking about how Math and I cannot be together bc you cannot control Math and I. It's an equally valid reason to lynch you and RC. You refuse to let me go through my process, gove reasons beyond strategy, or consider my pov.
Titus, why Navy > Alban?

Why not Mathblade? Just because you think it's more optimal to lynch a doctor claim or because you townread them?

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2911 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:47 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2910, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:

Titus, why Navy > Alban?

Why not Mathblade? Just because you think it's more optimal to lynch a doctor claim or because you townread them?
Navy is an alt avoiding this thread.
I think doc cops and lynches break the game wide open if not solve it.
I was hard tring Math but Vedith freaked me.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2912 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:54 am

In post 1378, Navy wrote:Hello Splatlock Holmes. D:
Navy, why this reaction to jj's replace in?

and reading the posts around the post you linked, kelvin, i think it's consistent with the way he's viewing the game so it doesn't really change that read. like i'm getting the impression he actually feels victimized and is trying to reach out and be the better person. i dont really know if i agree with his mentality in general this game or if i'm articulating my thoughts correctly but it feels genuine
Titus wrote:

Titus, why Navy > Alban?

i can definitely see navy lurking out here as town tbh

how would a navy scumflip solve this game?

And what do you mean by "freaked"? And why were you hard townreading math?

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2913 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:59 am

VOTE: navy

eh screw it, deadline

math lynch i'm more confident in but the jj kill was probably a fear kill

talk to me though navy my reads are really loose atm and if you're town i'll see it if you help me out.

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2914 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:04 pm

In post 1453, jjh927 wrote:
In post 1452, MathBlade wrote:Jjh does not get into a "townblock" with Titus. She tries blocks as either alignment. Vedith sounding Townie is scary I am not used to this.
Why don't I townblock with titus?

You're shaping up to be a great target for me to cop.
lol??

i'd believe it

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2915 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:05 pm

ugh no

alban's d1 was bad but his later play is his townplay i think

rc come get navy with me

Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2916 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:05 pm

Post by Kelvin Smith »

Everytime I turn around you are talking about how Math and I cannot be together bc you cannot control Math and I.
I don't give a shit about controlling you and/or Math. What I care about is the fact that you are turning a blind eye to Math and I can't tell if it's because you are being naive or because you are scum.
In post 2908, Titus wrote:It's an equally valid reason to lynch you and RC.
Is it equally valid? I can't speak for RC's view on me, but I am not at a point where I think that he is beyond reproach. I think that a lot of the stuff he says makes sense and I am willing to work with him to get stuff done, but that doesn't mean I completely trust him. I think that's an inherently foolish stance in Mafia.
In post 2908, Titus wrote:You refuse to let me go through my process,
You can go through whatever process you want. I'm not going to stop you. But that doesn't mean I am obligated to do anything to facilitate your process.
In post 2908, Titus wrote:gove reasons beyond strategy,
I gave reasons beyond strategy. But you also seem to be failing to consider that I don't like to put much stock in anything other than strategy.
In post 2908, Titus wrote:or consider my pov.
I have considered your point of view, but it doesn't feel as though you've considered mine.

From what I can gather, your point of view is that Math and I are both town and we're tunneling each other. If we can make up and work together, then we can be some sort of unstoppable force. You maybe think RC could also be part of that if he wasn't so full of himself (my interpretation of your feelings about him, not my feelings about him). You think alban also must be town. That means that if all of us are town, Navy must be scum, so lynching Navy is the best move, because then we can find scum in the Cops.

From the Cops, Math is town. Not sure who else you think town is, but with only 2 scum remaining, it won't matter, because even with two mislynches, we'll still be left with the remaining two when it's all said and done, which means the game is basically solved. If that's wrong, please correct me.

The problem is that doesn't even remotely make any sense from my perspective, if I'm understanding you. The universal support for lynching only in the Doctors is the first thing that fucking pings me. Yes, there is guaranteed to be at least one scum there, but I don't think a single person has argued that all scum are there. Logically, if not all scum are there, then there are scum in he Cops as well. Understandably, the Cops are almost all unspent, and therefore off limits. But one Cop isn't: Math. And Math checked a really odd target, while at the same time pushing really shit OMGUS cases.

Everyone in this game likely suspects that there are scum in Cops too, but tomorrow is MyLo and we're trying to lynch a lurker rather than a person who is genuinely scummy or gives us information. People are resisting shit that it doesn't make that much sense to resist and pushing for shit that is little more than random chance, when only scum know for sure what the setup is. If Navy has this much support, then maybe it means scum are just trying to bus her, but maybe it also just means that she's an easy mislynch.
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2917 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:09 pm

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 2913, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:VOTE: navy

eh screw it, deadline

math lynch i'm more confident in but the jj kill was probably a fear kill

talk to me though navy my reads are really loose atm and if you're town i'll see it if you help me out.
Forget about the dealine. We've got enough time. If it's looming and it's not gonna happen, we can go elsewhere. For now, let's get some momentum on it and discuss the merits of Navy vs. alban.

VOTE: MathBlade
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2918 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:10 pm

VOTE: mathblade

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2919 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:33 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2902, Almost50 wrote:Let me interrupt your scumhunting with this song with feels on-spot describing how all 20+ of you have been voting in this game. Yeah, I know there are only 10 players alive in the game, but counting the dead and the replacements (and replacements for replacements) the numbers just get multiplied, which is AMAZING!

We apologize for this brief interruption and we resume the original program momentarily. Carry on, please.
Can someone tell me what this song is
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2920 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:35 pm

as a new jerseyian i can tell you that's bruce springsteen's dancing in the dark

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2921 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:38 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2904, Kelvin Smith wrote:
In post 2900, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:as scum though i'd be concerned with the outcome

I don't know Mutton well enough to make that assessment, so I don't know if this is a fair assessment. Regardless, I know that his actions weren't scum-motivated, so it's a moot point for me. But I can think of various reasons why other people could see it as indicative of alignment either way. Which is why reads are generally so grossly inaccurate.
I think mutton claimed alt
Also he wasn't being dumb, just trying to gambit
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2922 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:39 pm

it was a dumb gambit

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2923 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:44 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2912, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:
In post 1378, Navy wrote:Hello Splatlock Holmes. D:
Navy, why this reaction to jj's replace in?

and reading the posts around the post you linked, kelvin, i think it's consistent with the way he's viewing the game so it doesn't really change that read. like i'm getting the impression he actually feels victimized and is trying to reach out and be the better person. i dont really know if i agree with his mentality in general this game or if i'm articulating my thoughts correctly but it feels genuine
Titus wrote:

Titus, why Navy > Alban?

i can definitely see navy lurking out here as town tbh

how would a navy scumflip solve this game?

And what do you mean by "freaked"? And why were you hard townreading math?
I can say Navy was involved in Spring Fever
Also another account of hers modded a game we were both in
<Embrace The Void>

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2924 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:44 pm

Post by Titus »

There are several logical anf factual fallacies in your counter but yes it is how I feel.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Return to “Completed Open Games”