Open 694: Friends and Enemies (Game Over!)

EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: not on a plane, not on a train, not in a moat, not on a boat

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:29 pm

Post by EchoVision »

In post 120, wavemode wrote:@EchoVision - I asked because you said SunChild was reaching. So you think he was reaching in those suspicions, and Raya is not scummy? But actually, it sounds like you have the same suspicions... so why did you say he was reaching?
his read wasn't a reach, I'm not arguing anything about the read

his
reasons
were a reach

iirc he was just taking apart a post and saying what he didn't like about it and since he didn't like it it was scum
UnaBombaH: I think Im happy you turned up to be the scum, and that you won, because I will use this game as a guideline for whenever I finally land my first scumrole.
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:31 pm

Post by EchoVision »

In post 87, ConnorJC wrote:Don't like EchoVision, although we're well past RVS his posts are still basically joke posts with no analysis - like he's trying to appear active but stay out of any serious discussion.
also, looking back at it, we're really not well past RVS... we're just over 100 posts into the game and there's still a couple people that we haven't heard anything from, if so it was one post
UnaBombaH: I think Im happy you turned up to be the scum, and that you won, because I will use this game as a guideline for whenever I finally land my first scumrole.
Fenraiser
Fenraiser
Goon
Fenraiser
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:32 pm

Post by Fenraiser »

In post 124, Sesq wrote: i still kinda think connor is scum but lol who knows
Sesq seems non-committed to his vote on Conner. I don't like it. He hasn't posted much, but the little he has posted doesn't seem good at all.

UNVOTE:

I'm not really convinced on the the cases on Sun, and he has been contributing his suspicions and logic and they seem fine to me, and it seems that Transcend and Echo are trying to invalidate that and Sun's credibility.

I'll put more later.
Last edited by ThinkBig on Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:37 pm

Post by EchoVision »

In post 121, ConnorJC wrote:I realize this is early in the game, so this is really tentative, but I like Echo+Trans as scum partners.

- Echo's RVS vote was on trans, but he quickly switched off of it (Even though he stays on me for a long time with a "pressure" vote)
- Both are voting with a serious lack of logic (This is especially important because Echo is somewhat sheeping Trans, even though Trans has barely any analysis backed up by logic/scumhunting)
- Echo tried to lean on Trans to back him up on his self-meta read
- Trans dedicated a whole post to TRing Echo rather than lumping him in like with most of his TRs

While each of these individually are fairly weak, with all this piling up so early I'm getting a bad vibe from Trans and Echo.
first off if you think trans and I are both this bad/obvious as scum if you end up in a game with one of us as scum you've got another thing coming...

my RVS vote was on trans because it was RVS? if you want reason then keep looking because it was
random
as it states in the name
Random
Voting Stage. Also staying on you for about 12 hours isn't a "long time". You seem to have a habit of blowing things out of proportion.

We're just over 100 posts into this game, if you want logic then go sub into a game that's in d3 because there's not much logic that you can get from 100ish total posts in a game

This third reason is complete ass cheeks as I also leaned onto GameNBurger as well? And both of them were in the game? I don't really understand how me acknowledging people that were in my last game enhances a scum read on me or trans?

What post did Trans dedicate to TRing me...?? I highly doubt it was anything over 3 sentences but Idek what the fuck you're talking about...

PEdit: Sesq is a female, not a he

Also if you guys really find Trans and I as scum buddies then go ahead and lynch me first. I'd much rather Trans stay alive for the sake of the town as he's a much better player than I am
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:46 pm

Post by Transcend »

Sun is mafia
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:31 pm

Post by EchoVision »

In post 129, Transcend wrote:Sun is mafia
aren't we all
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:29 pm

Post by EchoVision »

In post 123, SunChild wrote:Sesq still hasn't contributed anything, and has jumped onto another bandwagon since the last time I complained about her doing that.
In wavemode's post 96, if he's been reading and has realized I'm an alt, 'Welcome to mafia' looks too commiserating - like he's trying to get on my good side. If at this post he still thinks I'm a newbie, it's null.
Echo is devoting more time to defending himself than I'd expect from a non-newb town. Plus, he's spamming even more than the ridiculously spammy meta which is apparently normal on MS these days, so he's awful for that regardless of alignment.
Is Kcdaspot in this game? He's listed as alive but still hasn't posted.

Let's lynch Transcend though. His play has been way too erratic and his reads too bad for the amount of pressure he's been getting, which is actually zero. Other than Echo saying he was less aggressive as part of a town hydra in another game, no one has said anything that would make me think this is normal townplay for him.

VOTE: Transcend

@ConnorJC, let's hold off on spending too much time talking about or voting based on interaction tells - remember, any given interaction set is as likely to be Mason as Mafia, and we may be pointing out the Masons to the Mafia if we go too hard on connections. Something to think more about after we have a flip or a claim. How do you feel about lynching Transcend on his own merits though?
@GameNBurger, bombcat, Flubbernugget: Let's lynch Transcend today, yeah? How do you feel about that?
wait when the fuck did this post get here, I didn't read this...? I'll read it when I get up cause it's 5:30 am right meow
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:56 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 40, ConnorJC wrote:
In post 25, Transcend wrote:12 is a tryhard post it's too much effort too early on
Funny, that's how I'd describe your posts.
This is actually an interesting post. I don't think Transcend realized he's giving himself a free pass tho
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:58 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 52, Transcend wrote:VOTE: sun

Discrediting my efforts
Were you not discrediting efforts when you dismissed people as try hards?
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:59 am

Post by Transcend »

Maybe idk

Lynch sun
ConnorJC
ConnorJC
Goon
ConnorJC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:00 am

Post by ConnorJC »

In post 123, SunChild wrote:Sesq still hasn't contributed anything, and has jumped onto another bandwagon since the last time I complained about her doing that.
In wavemode's post 96, if he's been reading and has realized I'm an alt, 'Welcome to mafia' looks too commiserating - like he's trying to get on my good side. If at this post he still thinks I'm a newbie, it's null.
Echo is devoting more time to defending himself than I'd expect from a non-newb town. Plus, he's spamming even more than the ridiculously spammy meta which is apparently normal on MS these days, so he's awful for that regardless of alignment.

Let's lynch Transcend though. His play has been way too erratic and his reads too bad for the amount of pressure he's been getting, which is actually zero. Other than Echo saying he was less aggressive as part of a town hydra in another game, no one has said anything that would make me think this is normal townplay for him.

@ConnorJC, let's hold off on spending too much time talking about or voting based on interaction tells - remember, any given interaction set is as likely to be Mason as Mafia, and we may be pointing out the Masons to the Mafia if we go too hard on connections. Something to think more about after we have a flip or a claim. How do you feel about lynching Transcend on his own merits though?
@GameNBurger, bombcat, Flubbernugget: Let's lynch Transcend today, yeah? How do you feel about that?
Fair enough, forgot about the potential to be mason. To be honest I'm really on the fence with Transcend. I don't like his play, but I honestly can see a misguided towny playing that way as well. That said, he's an experienced player and every post with just an accusation and no analysis looks worse and worse.
Want to help with site development? PM Kison
Want to test new features? https://forum.staging.mafiascum.net (Probably still want to PM Kison)
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:00 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 55, EchoVision wrote:
In post 50, SunChild wrote:Don't like Sesq's 8, either. Fourth vote with no comment.
it's called RVS it's what we do here

I thought players that were new to this forum had to partake in at least one newbie game before going into other queues just so that they got used to site meta and shit even if they've played the game before but guess not grr hiss growl
4th on the wagon was a scumtell from the old MS days to my knowledge
ConnorJC
ConnorJC
Goon
ConnorJC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:01 am

Post by ConnorJC »

In post 126, EchoVision wrote:
In post 87, ConnorJC wrote:Don't like EchoVision, although we're well past RVS his posts are still basically joke posts with no analysis - like he's trying to appear active but stay out of any serious discussion.
also, looking back at it, we're really not well past RVS... we're just over 100 posts into the game and there's still a couple people that we haven't heard anything from, if so it was one post
Arguing a technicality like this is just plain scummy. You know that I meant we were out of RVS and exaggerated a slight bit.
Want to test new features? https://forum.staging.mafiascum.net (Probably still want to PM Kison)
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:01 am

Post by Transcend »

In post 135, ConnorJC wrote:

Fair enough, forgot about the potential to be mason. To be honest I'm really on the fence with Transcend. I don't like his play, but I honestly can see a misguided towny playing that way as well. That said, he's an experienced player and every post with just an accusation and no analysis looks worse and worse.
Get used to it
ConnorJC
ConnorJC
Goon
ConnorJC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:03 am

Post by ConnorJC »

In post 128, EchoVision wrote:
In post 121, ConnorJC wrote:I realize this is early in the game, so this is really tentative, but I like Echo+Trans as scum partners.

- Echo's RVS vote was on trans, but he quickly switched off of it (Even though he stays on me for a long time with a "pressure" vote)
- Both are voting with a serious lack of logic (This is especially important because Echo is somewhat sheeping Trans, even though Trans has barely any analysis backed up by logic/scumhunting)
- Echo tried to lean on Trans to back him up on his self-meta read
- Trans dedicated a whole post to TRing Echo rather than lumping him in like with most of his TRs

While each of these individually are fairly weak, with all this piling up so early I'm getting a bad vibe from Trans and Echo.
first off if you think trans and I are both this bad/obvious as scum if you end up in a game with one of us as scum you've got another thing coming...

my RVS vote was on trans because it was RVS? if you want reason then keep looking because it was
random
as it states in the name
Random
Voting Stage. Also staying on you for about 12 hours isn't a "long time". You seem to have a habit of blowing things out of proportion.

We're just over 100 posts into this game, if you want logic then go sub into a game that's in d3 because there's not much logic that you can get from 100ish total posts in a game

This third reason is complete ass cheeks as I also leaned onto GameNBurger as well? And both of them were in the game? I don't really understand how me acknowledging people that were in my last game enhances a scum read on me or trans?

What post did Trans dedicate to TRing me...?? I highly doubt it was anything over 3 sentences but Idek what the fuck you're talking about...

PEdit: Sesq is a female, not a he

Also if you guys really find Trans and I as scum buddies then go ahead and lynch me first. I'd much rather Trans stay alive for the sake of the town as he's a much better player than I am
Nice ad hominem. I also love how you're trying to discredit everyone's logic by acting like the first 100 posts don't count or something.

Also, calm down, you're not getting lynched yet. I haven't even voted you or Transcend yet.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:04 am

Post by Transcend »

Echo is obv town

Lynch sun.
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:12 am

Post by wavemode »

In post 140, Transcend wrote:Echo is obv town

Lynch sun.
I need some meat on these bones. Tell me why I should consider Echo obv town.
retired...?
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:13 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

I'm not interested in lynching either of your right now
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:19 am

Post by wavemode »

^ By that you mean Echo/Sun? Or who
retired...?
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:39 am

Post by wavemode »

In post 99, EchoVision wrote:
In post 95, SunChild wrote:Raya's seems incongruous too. Spends most of post 79 talking about other things, then jumps on Connorwagon almost as an afterthought because "he seems sheepy." Then unvotes when Flubbernugget tells her to.

Only three scum in the game, but half of you guys seem scummy.
you're reaching
In post 112, EchoVision wrote:I'm not too sure about his fluidity with Connor, he votes him and then less than 15 posts later he just kinda agrees that somebody was right on Connor so he unvotes.

If connor flips scum I'm okay with looking at this as a potential scum buddy. Would make sense if he voted it as an excuse "nah I sus'd him at one point I can't be his buddy"

If the lynch went through then he looks good because he was on the wagon, when the wagon started loosing steam he was like yeah i don't have to be here and dipped
Echovision, explain to me the difference between what Sun said about Raya and what you said. I ask because you seem to be scumreading Sun, and the basis seems to be that he had reachy, opportunistic reads? But as far as I can tell the two of you actually said the exact same thing about Raya. Can I get your analysis on this? And in no uncertain terms, do you currently consider SunChild as the most likely player to be scum?
retired...?
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:43 am

Post by Transcend »

Because i town read echo

Lynch the sun, it gives people cancer
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:49 am

Post by Sesq »

In post 127, Fenraiser wrote:
Sesq seems non-committed to his vote on Conner. I don't like it. He hasn't posted much, but the little he has posted doesn't seem good at all.

VOTE: UNVOTE

I'm not really convinced on the the cases on Sun, and he has been contributing his suspicions and logic and they seem fine to me, and it seems that Transcend and Echo are trying to invalidate that and Sun's credibility.

I'll put more later.
muh pronouns

but in terms of actual posting, dont pretend like being oblique is an automatic scumtell because we both know that isnt the case
ConnorJC
ConnorJC
Goon
ConnorJC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:04 am

Post by ConnorJC »

In post 127, Fenraiser wrote:

VOTE: UNVOTE

I'll put more later.
This post is very towny, good analysis on Sesq and willing to scumhunt.

Offtopic: By the way, there's an unvote tag too :)
Agent Sparkles
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:17 am

Post by Agent Sparkles »

In post 123, SunChild wrote: Is Kcdaspot in this game? He's listed as alive but still hasn't posted.
Kcdaspot is in the game but hasn't picked up his role PM yet. He has about 24 hours left to respond.
"There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line." -Oscar Levant
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:29 am

Post by Transcend »

hey mod!

have a page top ^^

Return to “Completed Open Games”