Post Post #2275 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:32 pm

Post by implosion »

Vote Count 3.8

Grendel (5): Hiraki, kraska77, gigabyteTroubadour, NotTheRealPaul, CCC
Hiraki (3): MuttonChopMagic, Cheetory6, Backhand
Vedith (1): Vedith
Backhand (1): Grendel

Not Voting (0): Nobody

With 10 alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch.
Deadline is at 7:00 PM PST on Wenesday, July 12, in (expired on 2017-07-12 19:00:00).
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2276 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:34 pm

Post by gigabyteTroubadour »

In post 2275, implosion wrote:Vedith (1): Vedith
vedith vedith vedith! \o/
MuttonChopMagic wrote:town!md and scum!bumd is possible and not something that should be discounted
it is a legitimate thing that happens. gives scum an edge on guessing what town power exists while adding some confusion that's amounted

I'll reply to relevant stuff in a bit cause right now I'm taking a shit
"warning scum: there is a motion detector in the town. be
very
careful"

maybe a tracker or watcher but i dont see why it'd be useful but ok
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭
MuttonChopMagic
MuttonChopMagic
Goon
MuttonChopMagic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2277 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:39 pm

Post by MuttonChopMagic »

yeah you have my approval for a grendel lynch bros
I would like to vocally express something though;
I think grendel wagon grew WAY too quickly from nowhere at a weird time
I am p confident vedith + hiraki has at least 1 scum and id rather one of them (rhyme)
this is not like the scum vedith I stomped on and it is like the town vedith I have experience with
that said, hid cases have been AWFUL ("this vote is clearly bussing" and the like) and honestly I have a hard time believing town vedith is that bad and stiff
MuttonChopMagic
MuttonChopMagic
Goon
MuttonChopMagic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2278 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:40 pm

Post by MuttonChopMagic »

In post 2276, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:
In post 2275, implosion wrote:Vedith (1): Vedith
vedith vedith vedith! \o/
MuttonChopMagic wrote:town!md and scum!bumd is possible and not something that should be discounted
it is a legitimate thing that happens. gives scum an edge on guessing what town power exists while adding some confusion that's amounted

I'll reply to relevant stuff in a bit cause right now I'm taking a shit
"warning scum: there is a motion detector in the town. be
very
careful"

maybe a tracker or watcher but i dont see why it'd be useful but ok
it gave a hypothetical scum!hiraki a fake
if that's not useful idk mate
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2279 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:43 pm

\_O_/

we have like 4 conftown (paul lol) and me that's already a 2/5 chance to hit scum at random
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2280 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:45 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 163, Backhand wrote:Hello! This thread escalated quickly.

MCM, why make a big post on CCC and not change your vote?
I actually had a scum read on Backhand before he ever posted in the game because I distinctly remember him being online the day that the game was lunched for at least four hours (that was the same amount of time I was online that night). He never showed up to the thread proper to post anything, and was not posting anywhere else on site. I even checked later. The 3rd of June was when this game started, Backhand has no posts in the other two games that were having game over discussion on the 3rd, but does have posts on the 2nd, and 4th. Backhands first post in this game was the 4th. Ei, Backhand was probably hiding out in the scum PT the day the game started.

This was the ethically gray thing I wasn't gonna mention. I decided I might as well if it lynches scum tomarrow.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2281 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:47 pm

zzz

VOTE: hiraki

and no it's not just 2280 but i really am not feeling grendel scum any more

Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2282 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:49 pm

Post by Grendel »

I read Backhands iso in his two other completed games the past few days. He was town in both:

Mini Theme 1915
-Active and inquisitive. (His post count is double what it is this game, and the game ended in the 70’s.)
-Lots of Game solving. Over all more detailed+fliud reads and pushes.
-Draws constant attention to himself D1 with his reads and pushes.

Mini Normal 1905
- Inquisitive, and as active as time allotted for a faster paced game.
-Combative, Direct.
-Detailed reads with lots of team analysis as time went on.
-Was against policy lynches in this game

I think that Back hand doesn’t have the same level of interaction going for him this game as his previous games as town. He basically flew underneath the radar with the exception of that four person wagon. Which only lasted a faction of D1.

I also think that the contrast in his feeling on letting useless/low content players live is very interesting. I think that 1905 could have changed his feelings about policy lynches. I also think that it could be a convient crutch of Backhand to lean on as scum. It was already voiced by potential scumbuddy Accountant that the roster was full of VI’s D1. If you look as Backhands scum reads D1 the majority of them were in direct result of the players making objectively bad players then plays that were actually scummy.

Giga not seeing the differences on Backhand’s posting style from 1915 to this game is also setting off a red flag.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2283 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:52 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 2281, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:zzz

VOTE: hiraki

and no it's not just 2280 but i really am not feeling grendel scum any more
I'm never town reading you this game Giga

You'll want to lynch me now regardless your alignment b/c I'm lynching you if we are in lylo together
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2284 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:56 pm

Post by Hiraki »

let's go through the hiraki phase now, this day could literally not get any slower
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2285 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:00 pm

In post 2282, Grendel wrote:Giga not seeing the differences on Backhand’s posting style from 1915 to this game is also setting off a red flag.
i never read 1915 and solved that game mechanically

sorry

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2286 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:00 pm

grendel literally what tactical benefit did that unvote have

Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2287 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:14 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 2286, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:grendel literally what tactical benefit did that unvote have
You're talking like you believe my lynch won't go through without your help.

Also don't believe that Hiraki vote is legit for a hot second. As scum Giga I predict that game playing out like this:

Watch Grendel lynch> lynch Vedith>Bus Hariki> Recant CCC/Backhand and endgame
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2288 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:16 pm

Post by Grendel »

Unless Back hnad is scum.

I don't see BackHandxGiga being a thing b/c that would mean that both back ups are town
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2289 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:30 pm

Post by Grendel »

Ugh crap, the team probably is just BackhandxHaraki/rolestopper/Vedith.

I'll post this case on Giga just to be safe. I went through the trouble of pulling quotes for it so I could work on it on my "offline" lap top while I cooked dinner. I still think GigaXHiraki could be a thing. But It feels tunnel-y now that I'm back in the thread proper. :/

Spoiler:
A thing I noticed was that there was no interest in Giga what so ever beyond consensus town reads.

In a previous game I pulled a gambit where I posted a case against OB!Town to fish for scum wanting to endorse a mislynch. (Game was Mini normal 1838 if anybody is interested) Scum did in fact take the bait, unfortunately the scum in question was a strong town read so I dismissed it.

While it wasn’t my intention when I posted the “reasons Giga should not be town read” I couldn’t help but notice that there was zero interest or agnkowledgement about what I was saying. If Giga is truly town then why doesn’t scum capitalize on the paranoia I created?
In post 1907, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:also fwiw i thought slingshot softed tracker really hard which is why i townread him >_>
I checked Sling shot and saw nothing that stood out to me as a crumb.

If Giga is being honest then this is practically a scum slip.

Also should be noted that Giga who frequently utilizes NKA fails to mention that Sling kill is a strong point against Grendel!Scum. Sling was Ob!town but poor at interacting with other players, and forming meaningful reads. He was town reading me, and odds are I could have kept it that way.
In post 2098, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:ok i keep getting sidetracked to hell and back but i'm getting to this at some point. preliminary thoughts so i'm not just prodging:

grendel's push on me isnt scum motivated necessarily, it is something he will eventually have to do as scum but it's a legitimate thought he would have as town. i think nero's responses to me (and his selfhammer) though should be telling enough that he's wrong. i have yet to look at how he's reevaluated if at all

i think vedith's bullheadedness is scummy here and i would expect him to maybe be more suspicious of me as town but his case might be town (has vedith put in that much effort into a game as scum?). will have to comb through it closely

hiraki...... i will feel horrible about if he's town (same with grendel but i'm more confident he's town here) but poe is making me like him less

i really don't see ccc's play as scum motivated, just bad and irrationally rational if that makes sense. he only deserves a second look if hiraki is town, i think kraska's point with Accountant complaining about VI's is salient here and makes them unlikely partners

backhand fits the bill of someone distancing from nero but that also means he's likely to be town too - i also dont think i've read any of his posts until i joined the game so??

this is a fuckton of waffling but this is specifically how i'm waffling atm. will see if new posts affect any of these thoughts.
Giga really should be seeing a BackhandxHiraki team at this point, but opting to vote me when they clearly can see I’m town is bad in general.

HirakixGiga is very likely if you consider my lynch today being a deliberation on Hiraki’s lynch.

Nero’s responses to Giga don’t point against a S/S relationship. Its standard reactionary stuff that scum could pull off easily when distancing. Like most scum aren’t going to uncomfortably lurk out the thread when getting bussed. They would want to help maximize buddies town cred through arguments.
In post 2102, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:like grendel's defeatist attitude is sitting well with me here and is exactly how i would expect him specifically as town to feel here

ccc doesnt make sense with the gamestate as scum.
This is a lot of assumptions about a player that Giga claims to not know well enough to meta. Its wholly unbelievable to me.
What’s more is that if they did believe it they wouldn’t have “:neutral: ” voted me.
In post 2226, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:ughgeg

VOTE: grendel

ftr i dont have a good feeling about this but i dont really see a better choice with vedith's claim
Shoddy compromise vote. I’ve been bleeding town Since D2 but Giga doesn’t want to admit and stick to that conclusion because it won’t help their win-con.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2290 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:35 pm

Post by Grendel »

I'll have to post more about Backhand tomarrow.

I'll get to Hiraki as well.

Table of contents for what I want to do befored dying:

-Finish Back hand case
-Case Hiraki
-Lol what Vedith's alignment is
-Brief reasons for why town are town
- Parting words

^Basically my bucket list and I want to get it done before hammering. So no hammering until its done.
Backhand
Backhand
Goon
Backhand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2291 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:51 pm

Post by Backhand »

In post 2280, Grendel wrote:
In post 163, Backhand wrote:Hello! This thread escalated quickly.

MCM, why make a big post on CCC and not change your vote?
I actually had a scum read on Backhand before he ever posted in the game because I distinctly remember him being online the day that the game was lunched for at least four hours (that was the same amount of time I was online that night). He never showed up to the thread proper to post anything, and was not posting anywhere else on site. I even checked later. The 3rd of June was when this game started, Backhand has no posts in the other two games that were having game over discussion on the 3rd, but does have posts on the 2nd, and 4th. Backhands first post in this game was the 4th. Ei, Backhand was probably hiding out in the scum PT the day the game started.

This was the ethically gray thing I wasn't gonna mention. I decided I might as well if it lynches scum tomarrow.
Ugh, this sucks as a reason to get lynched for either alignment! Other interpretation, I was busy on a Saturday.

On 1905 to 1915, 1905 was my first forum game in a long time and I was less inclined to take strong positions like *players who are known to be fucking useless and skate on it* is unacceptable. I felt at the time that people were trying to get easy towncred by defending not Mafia, so I took a stronger position than I totally believe in, to see what happened.
Backhand
Backhand
Goon
Backhand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2292 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:43 pm

Post by Backhand »

Gave it some more thought. I'm out on lynching Grendel. Like that's truly inspired framing or he believes what he's talking about even though he's wrong.
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2293 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:28 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

Wait giga why am I conftown?
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2294 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:26 am

In post 2293, NotTheRealPaul wrote:Wait giga why am I conftown?
i believe your claim and your actions and dont think they come from scum :up:

NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2295 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:50 am

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

mmmmm. Am I such obvious town from u from one game together? I havent tried to change my playstyle and last time u SRed me...
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2296 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:04 am

no it's just this time i understand your mindset

NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2297 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:56 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

Are we just waiting for Grendel to lay out final thoughts?
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2298 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:56 pm

Post by Vedith »

I don't like the Grendel wagon.
I claim scum \o/
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2299 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:05 pm

Post by Grendel »

On an objective level I think my lynch is beneficial as all conf town will never not look at me with squinty eyes if I keep on living this game.

For the sake of getting them to do something useful tomorrow I'm fine with getting lynched.
---
LIFE: Today my grandmother lost her glasses and I spent all this afternoon and evening looking for them. As such I'm behind in my home work, and low on patience.

I'll be back in a couple hours.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”