Open 694: Friends and Enemies (Game Over!)

Agent Sparkles
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:19 am

Post by Agent Sparkles »

Votecount 1.2

Transcend
(3): SunChild, Mantichora, ConnorJC
SunChild
(3): Transcend, EchoVision, Sesq
EchoVision
(2): GameNBurger, bombcat
ConnorJC
(1): wavemode
Raya36
(1): Flubbernugget

Not Voting
(2): Raya36, Kcdaspot, Fenraiser

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2017-07-20 22:40:28)
"There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line." -Oscar Levant
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:35 am

Post by Transcend »

help me bus sun guys
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:20 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 193, Sesq wrote:i think bombcat has the "lol xd!" factor going

if sunchild is not an alt then

yeah imma vote because without the noob justification this play is total ass. maybe its just bad meta tho???? damn....

VOTE: SunChild for. now. smh
You seem to have very little confidence in this vote and the day is young
ConnorJC
ConnorJC
Goon
ConnorJC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:41 am

Post by ConnorJC »

Can someone voting Sun actually explain their vote? Like sure, I don't think he looks super towny but I also don't see how he's scum.
Want to help with site development? PM Kison
Want to test new features? https://forum.staging.mafiascum.net (Probably still want to PM Kison)
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:45 am

Post by Sesq »

In post 202, Flubbernugget wrote:

yeah imma vote because without the noob justification this play is total ass. maybe its just bad meta tho???? damn....

You seem to have very little confidence in this vote and the day is young
and the sky is blue

@connor the suspicions he's raised are too juvenile for an oldscummer to do in good faith

then again he said he was around before and meta has changed

then again i dont trust him too well
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:11 pm

Post by Raya36 »

In post 108, EchoVision wrote:
In post 100, wavemode wrote:
In post 99, EchoVision wrote:you're reaching
You believe Raya is town? How do you feel about her play thus far?
Idk who Raya is or what they've done so idrk I'll look back soon
Ummm? You kinda just responded to a post about me a page back and you don't know who I am???
In post 112, EchoVision wrote:I'm not too sure about his fluidity with Connor, he votes him and then less than 15 posts later he just kinda agrees that somebody was right on Connor so he unvotes.

If connor flips scum I'm okay with looking at this as a potential scum buddy. Would make sense if he voted it as an excuse "nah I sus'd him at one point I can't be his buddy"

If the lynch went through then he looks good because he was on the wagon, when the wagon started loosing steam he was like yeah i don't have to be here and dipped
I see where you're getting this from. I didn't really explain myself a whole lot since it was mostly just a pressure vote and I liked the outcome. I didn't particularly like his play and there was already a wagon building up on him which is why I chose him for the pressure vote. More votes = More pressure. He started sounding townier after the wagon built up and when it was pointed out I looked over his posts and decided to unvote because I liked what I was seeing.
(I'm a she btw)
In post 121, ConnorJC wrote:I realize this is early in the game, so this is really tentative, but I like Echo+Trans as scum partners.

- Echo's RVS vote was on trans, but he quickly switched off of it (Even though he stays on me for a long time with a "pressure" vote)
- Both are voting with a serious lack of logic (This is especially important because Echo is somewhat sheeping Trans, even though Trans has barely any analysis backed up by logic/scumhunting)
- Echo tried to lean on Trans to back him up on his self-meta read
- Trans dedicated a whole post to TRing Echo rather than lumping him in like with most of his TRs

While each of these individually are fairly weak, with all this piling up so early I'm getting a bad vibe from Trans and Echo.
Do you think scum would interact this much especially so early on?
In post 174, wavemode wrote:@Raya36 - What are your thoughts on EchoVision's play so far?
I don't like but I'm not convinced it's necessarily scummy. I'm not really sure what to make of and . In post 99 he had to have done some extent of analysis on me to come up with the conclusion that Sun was reaching but then in is next post claims to not even know who I am or what I have done. Where did that claim on Sun come from then? His next post he claims his earlier vote was a pressure vote which is something scum could easily do to get out of having to explain a vote. His analysis on me was alright. Nothing scum couldn't do but still alright.
In post 194, Sesq wrote:
In post 154, ConnorJC wrote:
Why is Transcend conftown?
Accusing wave of being scum because he's doubting Transcend is garbage analysis.
i didnt

i said it was possible

overly defensive are we???

(sorry for doublepost zoraster-san, i had TABS open and they were all FUCKING CONFUSING!!!)
In post 150, Sesq wrote:transcend is conftown
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:12 pm

Post by Sesq »

wait whats with my quotes at the bottom

what if your intendeed message
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:21 pm

Post by Raya36 »

"Why is Transcend conftown?"
"I didn't"
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:26 pm

Post by Sesq »

I didnt was at the wave accusation
SunChild
SunChild
Townie
SunChild
Townie
Townie

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:57 pm

Post by SunChild »

At this point I'm spinning my wheels waiting for roughly half the playerlist to catch up. I do like Mantichora as town though.

@Raya, we're almost ten pages into the game and you're not voting anyone. You've posted recently. Who do you think is scummy?
@Fenraiser, same question
@wavemode, do you really feel that Connor is the scummiest person in the game? I hear you that you're waiting for people to answer your questions, but you can form opinions and revise them if you get your answers.
@Flubbernugget, do you really feel that Raya scummiest person in the game?
@Game, bombcat, start playing the game.

Hopefully Kcda or his spot will start posting soon.
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:03 pm

Post by wavemode »

In post 209, SunChild wrote:you can form opinions and revise them if you get your answers.
I will.
retired...?
GameNBurger
GameNBurger
Goon
GameNBurger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:13 pm

Post by GameNBurger »

I'll be upfront I had bank issues today

Life isn't that great

But this is my only game so I'm gonna get shit sorted and binge read this all tonight and actually start playing the damn game
bombcat
bombcat
Goon
bombcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:17 pm

Post by bombcat »

I have established myself as obvious town and this game doesn't need my help to roll on so I think people are ok with keeping my thoughts to myself for the time doing
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:23 pm

Post by wavemode »

In post 212, bombcat wrote:I have established myself as obvious town and this game doesn't need my help to roll on so I think people are ok with keeping my thoughts to myself for the time doing
Then why did you cast suspicion on Transcend in one of your previous posts? And how do you feel about him now?
retired...?
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:34 pm

Post by Raya36 »

In post 208, Sesq wrote:I didnt was at the wave accusation
Oh, alright. Can you explain the transcend conftown thing then?

@Sun
Need to go over the game but I promise I'll post some reads soon.
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: not on a plane, not on a train, not in a moat, not on a boat

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:58 pm

Post by EchoVision »

In post 123, SunChild wrote: In wavemode's post 96, if he's been reading and has realized I'm an alt, 'Welcome to mafia' looks too commiserating - like he's trying to get on my good side. If at this post he still thinks I'm a newbie, it's null.
Echo is devoting more time to defending himself than I'd expect from a non-newb town. Plus, he's spamming even more than the ridiculously spammy meta which is apparently normal on MS these days, so he's awful for that regardless of alignment.
how would saying "Welcome to Mafia" be him trying to get on your good side... to me it was quite obvious that it was a joke because of your previous statement...

i don't make walls because walls are boring to write and read and i get distracted too easily when writing them. if you're choosing to use this as AI then have fun cause it's not going to get you anywhere...
UnaBombaH: I think Im happy you turned up to be the scum, and that you won, because I will use this game as a guideline for whenever I finally land my first scumrole.
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:04 pm

Post by EchoVision »

In post 134, Transcend wrote:Maybe idk

Lynch sun
yeah trans!scum wouldn't say something along the lines of "Lynch sun" so obviously in every post

trans is town kthx bye
UnaBombaH: I think Im happy you turned up to be the scum, and that you won, because I will use this game as a guideline for whenever I finally land my first scumrole.
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:06 pm

Post by EchoVision »

In post 137, ConnorJC wrote:
In post 126, EchoVision wrote:
In post 87, ConnorJC wrote:Don't like EchoVision, although we're well past RVS his posts are still basically joke posts with no analysis - like he's trying to appear active but stay out of any serious discussion.
also, looking back at it, we're really not well past RVS... we're just over 100 posts into the game and there's still a couple people that we haven't heard anything from, if so it was one post
Arguing a technicality like this is just plain scummy. You know that I meant we were out of RVS and exaggerated a slight bit.
LOL so pointing out that what you said was wrong and sounded stupid makes me scummy

gotcha

guess i still have a lot to learn from this game because I never knew that pointing out a fault was scummy so I appreciate you teaching me this
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:25 pm

Post by EchoVision »

In post 139, ConnorJC wrote:
In post 128, EchoVision wrote:
In post 121, ConnorJC wrote:I realize this is early in the game, so this is really tentative, but I like Echo+Trans as scum partners.

- Echo's RVS vote was on trans, but he quickly switched off of it (Even though he stays on me for a long time with a "pressure" vote)
- Both are voting with a serious lack of logic (This is especially important because Echo is somewhat sheeping Trans, even though Trans has barely any analysis backed up by logic/scumhunting)
- Echo tried to lean on Trans to back him up on his self-meta read
- Trans dedicated a whole post to TRing Echo rather than lumping him in like with most of his TRs

While each of these individually are fairly weak, with all this piling up so early I'm getting a bad vibe from Trans and Echo.
first off if you think trans and I are both this bad/obvious as scum if you end up in a game with one of us as scum you've got another thing coming...

my RVS vote was on trans because it was RVS? if you want reason then keep looking because it was
random
as it states in the name
Random
Voting Stage. Also staying on you for about 12 hours isn't a "long time". You seem to have a habit of blowing things out of proportion.

We're just over 100 posts into this game, if you want logic then go sub into a game that's in d3 because there's not much logic that you can get from 100ish total posts in a game

This third reason is complete ass cheeks as I also leaned onto GameNBurger as well? And both of them were in the game? I don't really understand how me acknowledging people that were in my last game enhances a scum read on me or trans?

What post did Trans dedicate to TRing me...?? I highly doubt it was anything over 3 sentences but Idek what the fuck you're talking about...

PEdit: Sesq is a female, not a he

Also if you guys really find Trans and I as scum buddies then go ahead and lynch me first. I'd much rather Trans stay alive for the sake of the town as he's a much better player than I am
Nice ad hominem. I also love how you're trying to discredit everyone's logic by acting like the first 100 posts don't count or something.

Also, calm down, you're not getting lynched yet. I haven't even voted you or Transcend yet.

what the flying fuck is ad hominem

and dude you're so skilled at this game you know what I'm thinking better than I do!!!! I never knew that I was attempting to discredit everybody by stating that logic is a rare occurence due to us being in the first one hundred posts!

My "discredit on everybody's logic" was me saying that votes don't have solid evidence and logic behind them because
we are one hundred posts into the game
. But hey you know what I'm thinking better than I do so i'm sure you already knew that
bombcat
bombcat
Goon
bombcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:26 pm

Post by bombcat »

In post 213, wavemode wrote:
In post 212, bombcat wrote:I have established myself as obvious town and this game doesn't need my help to roll on so I think people are ok with keeping my thoughts to myself for the time doing
Then why did you cast suspicion on Transcend in one of your previous posts? And how do you feel about him now?
because i thought that it would be useful to call you on what looked like a superficial read. he hasn't really done anything different so i don't think anything different about him
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:27 pm

Post by EchoVision »

In post 146, Sesq wrote:
In post 127, Fenraiser wrote:
In post 124, Sesq wrote: i still kinda think connor is scum but lol who knows
Sesq seems non-committed to his vote on Conner. I don't like it. He hasn't posted much, but the little he has posted doesn't seem good at all.

VOTE: UNVOTE

I'm not really convinced on the the cases on Sun, and he has been contributing his suspicions and logic and they seem fine to me, and it seems that Transcend and Echo are trying to invalidate that and Sun's credibility.

I'll put more later.
muh pronouns

but in terms of actual posting, dont pretend like being oblique is an automatic scumtell because we both know that isnt the case
sesq you were in KAT as well right???
bombcat
bombcat
Goon
bombcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:28 pm

Post by bombcat »

all i know is that i am obvious town and that anyone who says different is in for a whirled of hurt
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:28 pm

Post by EchoVision »

fenraiser has my ire

wavemode is second guessing transcend. we need one of these people tbh even if he may be scum which i dont know

but you're walking a tightrope dude

i think sunchild is just new, and should be treated as such **for now**

echo is me but tries to hide the fact they have little reasoning. more of a viable candidate for that vote, huh fenraiser? is that your buddy?

actually nvm hes town. i was just going off one post and being a cheapshit. i am sorry uwu.

connor may indeed be lynchbait but idk man still a little sketch. leaning lattter.

ahahahha

that constitutes as good analysisi

shhhahahahahaa

i dont know if this is you being scum or you being uh
idk who fenraiser is so they must have not said anything that stands out but yeah he did say something in our mafia PT because he's my scum buddy /s
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:29 pm

Post by EchoVision »

In post 153, wavemode wrote:@GameNBurger - You haven't participated much. Tell me how you feel about Sesq's play, and what EchoVision looks like to you.
EchoVision looks like a cute mother fucker that's what he looks like
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:31 pm

Post by EchoVision »

In post 154, ConnorJC wrote:

fenraiser has my ire

wavemode is second guessing transcend. we need one of these people tbh even if he may be scum which i dont know

but you're walking a tightrope dude

i think sunchild is just new, and should be treated as such **for now**

echo is me but tries to hide the fact they have little reasoning. more of a viable candidate for that vote, huh fenraiser? is that your buddy?

actually nvm hes town. i was just going off one post and being a cheapshit. i am sorry uwu.

connor may indeed be lynchbait but idk man still a little sketch. leaning lattter.

ahahahha

that constitutes as good analysisi

shhhahahahahaa

i dont know if this is you being scum or you being uh
Why is Transcend conftown?
Accusing wave of being scum because he's doubting Transcend is garbage analysis.
are you my fucking girlfriend because holy shit you're jumping to conclusions like a mother fucker

When did sesq say that wave was scum and why are you attempting to discredit the analysis that
she didn't even make?

That is the exact line that she says ANYTHING about wavemode... just because the word scum is there you're acting like it's a scum read. Did you actually even read it...?

Return to “Completed Open Games”