Open 688: Diffusion of Power (Game Over)

Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #3225 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:07 pm

Post by Vedith »

In post 3221, Kelvin Smith wrote:Yeah, and if all goes as planned, that might be what we lynch tomorrow. But lynching someone just because they are lurking when there are other, more reasonable lynches to make is just bad play. Math was a more reasonable lynch.
It's because Navy is scum.
The kill suggests this, the claims suggest this. If Math flips town this highly suggests this.
But you play like you are, and if you're town... Wow... Cool. :up:
I claim scum \o/
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #3226 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:08 pm

Post by Vedith »

In post 3224, Kelvin Smith wrote:I feel like Copping a dead person or purposely not Copping in this setup is gamethrowing.
Okay, when I don't cop and say, you can report me.
Cool, kiddo.
I claim scum \o/
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #3227 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:09 pm

Post by Vedith »

In post 3223, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:OK? We can just let the slot get replaced.

She's probably scum but you're acting like she wouldn't play like that as either alignment and I'd rather lynch a slot with readable content.
That slot isn't being replaced. It gets passed the replace spot, does a stupid post like that and stays in the game.
And people seem to be okay with this, but not okay with me telling them how shit they are for letting it happen.
I claim scum \o/
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3228 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:09 pm

Post by MathBlade »

But...314 votes to lynch.

Or 6 hugs between all active players between each other.

Be nice.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3229 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:09 pm

Post by Kelvin Smith »

Guys, what's the site policy regarding asking for another player to be replaced in a game? Like, I don't know about the rest of you, but if we can all request Almost50 to replace Vedith, I think we should. The only issue I have there is that he might be scum and this is just a shitty tactic to not be useful.
New main account for the Scummer Formerly Known as Hikari Link.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #3230 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:10 pm

Post by Vedith »

In post 3229, Kelvin Smith wrote:Guys, what's the site policy regarding asking for another player to be replaced in a game? Like, I don't know about the rest of you, but if we can all request Almost50 to replace Vedith, I think we should. The only issue I have there is that he might be scum and this is just a shitty tactic to not be useful.
This makes my point stronger.
Is okay with someone doing nothing in the game and wasting a spot, but as soon as I refuse to follow a plan, wants me replaced. :lol:
I claim scum \o/
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #3231 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:11 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I don't think you can do that. I tried something similar once early in my career and it got shot down hard
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3232 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:11 pm

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 3227, Vedith wrote:
In post 3223, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:OK? We can just let the slot get replaced.

She's probably scum but you're acting like she wouldn't play like that as either alignment and I'd rather lynch a slot with readable content.
That slot isn't being replaced. It gets passed the replace spot, does a stupid post like that and stays in the game.
And people seem to be okay with this, but not okay with me telling them how shit they are for letting it happen.
Navy needs to be replaced to. Because non-content posts should not be considered an acceptable substitute to actually playing the game.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #3233 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:12 pm

Post by Vedith »

In post 3232, Kelvin Smith wrote:Navy needs to be replaced to. Because non-content posts should not be considered an acceptable substitute to actually playing the game.
Yet I don't see you pushing for this.
Because once again, your play is shit.
I claim scum \o/
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3234 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:12 pm

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 3230, Vedith wrote:
In post 3229, Kelvin Smith wrote:Guys, what's the site policy regarding asking for another player to be replaced in a game? Like, I don't know about the rest of you, but if we can all request Almost50 to replace Vedith, I think we should. The only issue I have there is that he might be scum and this is just a shitty tactic to not be useful.
Is okay with someone doing nothing in the game and wasting a spot, but as soon as I refuse to follow a plan, wants me replaced. :lol:
I want both of you replaced.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3235 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:12 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3230, Vedith wrote:
I was trying to be as open ended with your action as I could
But if you're going to have a concrete skull I won't even try
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #3236 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:13 pm

Post by Vedith »

17 real days, 5 posts (0 really).
And it's acceptable to not be lynched.

Is this the same on your home site, Gamma?
I claim scum \o/
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3237 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:14 pm

Post by gigabyteTroubadour »

@__________________________________@

i'm just going to avoid the thread until a50 flips math
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3238 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:15 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Actually yes we do have chronic lurkers there. Like, my first game there were several. The most egregious IMO was BlueDrago. Dude hardcore lurked until he gladiated then he was sorta active. There's no real activity rules on my home site.
<Embrace The Void>

Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3239 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:16 pm

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 3233, Vedith wrote:
In post 3232, Kelvin Smith wrote:Navy needs to be replaced to. Because non-content posts should not be considered an acceptable substitute to actually playing the game.
Yet I don't see you pushing for this.
Because once again, your play is shit.
No, because Navy is about to receive her third prod, which I assume means she'll be force-replaced anyway, so I didn't feel the need to go through extraneous channels. But your threats of gamethrowing and insults because you don' like the choices everyone else have made are something that is actively toxic to the gamestate. You've added approximately as much value to this game since I replaced in as Navy, so in my eyes, you are equally worthy of replacement.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #3240 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:16 pm

Post by Vedith »

In post 3238, Gamma Emerald wrote:Actually yes we do have chronic lurkers there. Like, my first game there were several. The most egregious IMO was BlueDrago. Dude hardcore lurked until he gladiated then he was sorta active. There's no real activity rules on my home site.
So your site encourages people to not play.
Good to know. :up:
I claim scum \o/
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3241 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:17 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

why did titus suddenly decide that math was hard bussed after she got lynched but before the flip?
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3242 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:17 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Site policy is you can have a player force replaced for breaking site rules. That's it.

They cannot be force replaced for content or beliefs. Lack thereof can be asked and mod call.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3243 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:17 pm

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 3236, Vedith wrote:17 real days, 5 posts (0 really).
And it's acceptable to not be lynched.

Is this the same on your home site, Gamma?
No, it's not acceptable to lynch. It's acceptable to replace and depending how often it happens, might be acceptable to ban.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #3244 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:18 pm

Post by Vedith »

In post 3239, Kelvin Smith wrote:No, because Navy is about to receive her third prod, which I assume means she'll be force-replaced anyway, so I didn't feel the need to go through extraneous channels. But your threats of gamethrowing and insults because you don' like the choices everyone else have made are something that is actively toxic to the gamestate. You've added approximately as much value to this game since I replaced in as Navy, so in my eyes, you are equally worthy of replacement.
Navy should be on more than 3 prods.
Navy should have been replaced, but because of the amount of replaces in this game wasn't.

So I can tell you what happens tomorrow.
Navy posts "Yo" and everyone goes "Oh lets lynch this stick!"

And yeah you keep saying that I've added nothing to this game. That shows how much of a shit player you are. :lol:
I claim scum \o/
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3245 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:21 pm

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 3244, Vedith wrote:
In post 3239, Kelvin Smith wrote:No, because Navy is about to receive her third prod, which I assume means she'll be force-replaced anyway, so I didn't feel the need to go through extraneous channels. But your threats of gamethrowing and insults because you don' like the choices everyone else have made are something that is actively toxic to the gamestate. You've added approximately as much value to this game since I replaced in as Navy, so in my eyes, you are equally worthy of replacement.
Navy should be on more than 3 prods.
Navy should have been replaced, but because of the amount of replaces in this game wasn't.

So I can tell you what happens tomorrow.
Navy posts "Yo" and everyone goes "Oh lets lynch this stick!"

And yeah you keep saying that I've added nothing to this game. That shows how much of a shit player you are. :lol:
Whatever, I'm done with this conversation. I'm not going to turn this thread into anymore of a toxic cesspool than it already is.

If you want to help us win the game, awesome. If you don't, that's fine, we'll just have to find a way without you.

Nobody lynch Vedith because he's being difficult. Lynch him if you legitimately think he's the last member of the scum team and don't let him get to LyLo.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3246 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:21 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3241, RadiantCowbells wrote:why did titus suddenly decide that math was hard bussed after she got lynched but before the flip?
Because I need 314 votes to be lynched and sooo since people don't want to lynch scum they lynched me instead.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #3247 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:23 pm

Post by Vedith »

In post 3245, Kelvin Smith wrote:Nobody lynch Vedith because he's being difficult. Lynch him if you legitimately think he's the last member of the scum team and don't let him get to LyLo.
You post as if you're confirmed town.
I'm going to remind you, you're not.
But you already know that anyway.
I claim scum \o/
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3248 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:26 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3240, Vedith wrote:
In post 3238, Gamma Emerald wrote:Actually yes we do have chronic lurkers there. Like, my first game there were several. The most egregious IMO was BlueDrago. Dude hardcore lurked until he gladiated then he was sorta active. There's no real activity rules on my home site.
So your site encourages people to not play.
Good to know. :up:
It doesn't encourage it. People get pushed for lurking, and bad cases get blacklisted. It's not like they just let it slide. It just has more lax requirements.
<Embrace The Void>

Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3249 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:26 pm

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 3247, Vedith wrote:
In post 3245, Kelvin Smith wrote:Nobody lynch Vedith because he's being difficult. Lynch him if you legitimately think he's the last member of the scum team and don't let him get to LyLo.
You post as if you're confirmed town.
I'm going to remind you, you're not.
But you already know that anyway.
No, I post as if I might die, so I want people to remember that if I do. I can just say that shit myself Day 4, if I'm alive. I'm not confirmed town until I'm dead or a dead Cop confirms it.

Return to “Completed Open Games”