Open 694: Friends and Enemies (Game Over!)

Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:57 am

Post by Transcend »

jj you're gonna carry me right?
ConnorJC
ConnorJC
Goon
ConnorJC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:02 am

Post by ConnorJC »

In post 349, jjh927 wrote:Connor, why did you ask for more pressure on Bomb without moving your vote to him
I still think Transcend is a better scum right now. By pressure I just mean overall not letting him get away with lurking, not necessarily vote pressure.
Want to help with site development? PM Kison
Want to test new features? https://forum.staging.mafiascum.net (Probably still want to PM Kison)
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:14 am

Post by Transcend »

Am i scum

Or do you just not like my play lol
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:21 am

Post by jjh927 »

I'm not actually sure whether I'm carrying you or not but I'll give carrying town a go.

Vote Bomb with me. Read his iso. It's the most optimistic scumplay ever
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:26 am

Post by Transcend »

What's opportunistic about it?
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:26 am

Post by Transcend »

Oops misread

Why is optimism scummy?
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:28 am

Post by jjh927 »

The optimism is in the subtext.

He basically tells everyone to townread him so he can coast on those early townreads which I find to be hilarious
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:33 am

Post by Transcend »

Eh

I know him off site

This isn't alignment indicative for him sadly
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:34 am

Post by jjh927 »

Then what, he's a null slot who's never going to do anything pro-town?
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:37 am

Post by Transcend »

Only time will tell i suppose.

Idm pressure on him tho
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:45 am

Post by jjh927 »

Yeah this isn't just pressure I want him lynched
ConnorJC
ConnorJC
Goon
ConnorJC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:51 am

Post by ConnorJC »

Actually, you know what, I reread his ISO and I think I didn't realize how little he's contributed. I'm not convinced his asking for early townreads was anything but trolling, but I don't like how he's trying to just coast by.
I don't want a lynch without giving bomb a chance to participate, but I buy a world where he's scum.

UNVOTE: Transcend
VOTE: bombcat
Want to test new features? https://forum.staging.mafiascum.net (Probably still want to PM Kison)
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:21 am

Post by wavemode »

In post 345, Flubbernugget wrote:If we're not going to get enough votes to lynch you then you're by your own admission wasting time addressing the cases on you
Hm, that's an odd way of looking at things. Regardless of who is saying it or why, if there's inaccurate arguments being made against me then I'm going to counter them. Why shouldn't I?
retired...?
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:28 am

Post by wavemode »

In post 334, GameNBurger wrote:Also returning perceived hostility by being condescending in the first line means you're a rude townie bad at conflict resolution or scum trying to piss people off to draw spotlights elsewhere, so do try to diffuse hostility with kindness (or without condescension)
Word of advice, I think you should just go ahead and stop assuming the things I say to you are in bad faith. You asked me to explain something and I did. If something about that pisses someone off or someone thinks it's condescending, that is purely in their own head.
retired...?
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:34 am

Post by wavemode »

In post 348, Sesq wrote:i think it was in contrast with transcend, who was actually doing stuff

you're really dodgy with the answer about all your reads being based on sun or not

convince me on sun wagon. currently im at "hes an oldie who doesnt know what new meta is so hes going off old meta and thats not working well" and thats town probably
I've given my case against Sun. I've also given cases against other people, I'm just not personally convinced those other people are necessarily scum. So at the end of the day if you think Trans and Echo and I are scum for believing Sun is the most likely scum here then... you've chosen your side, I suppose. Nothing I say or do is going to convince you otherwise, except changing my read, which nothing so far has led me to do.
retired...?
ConnorJC
ConnorJC
Goon
ConnorJC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:56 am

Post by ConnorJC »

In post 364, wavemode wrote:I've also given cases against other people
Really, you have? Because last I checked you'd only accused other people of being scum based on your Sun case, rather than them acting scummy.

Remember, every read that is based on the premise that Sun is scum, and doesn't work if he is town basically doesn't exist right now. You can post them, but expect me to treat them as if you didn't supply any meaningful support, because you didn't.
SunChild
SunChild
Townie
SunChild
Townie
Townie

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:57 am

Post by SunChild »

That is a lot of pages. That's what I get for having a busy weekend, I guess. Well, I'll start working on this backlog now and hopefully be able to post something today.
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:04 am

Post by wavemode »

In post 365, ConnorJC wrote:
In post 364, wavemode wrote:I've also given cases against other people
Really, you have? Because last I checked you'd only accused other people of being scum based on your Sun case, rather than them acting scummy.

Remember, every read that is based on the premise that Sun is scum, and doesn't work if he is town basically doesn't exist right now. You can post them, but expect me to treat them as if you didn't supply any meaningful support, because you didn't.
Okay Connor can you do me a favor and actually read the game? I feel like this is the third or fourth time you are very obviously overlooking statements I've made. You asked me what my non-Sun reads were and I told you, point blank.

lol at this point I feel like just responding to these questions with "refer to my iso" and nothing more. It will save us all a lot of time.
retired...?
ConnorJC
ConnorJC
Goon
ConnorJC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:23 am

Post by ConnorJC »

In post 367, wavemode wrote:Okay Connor can you do me a favor and actually read the game? I feel like this is the third or fourth time you are very obviously overlooking statements I've made. You asked me what my non-Sun reads were and I told you, point blank.
Maybe I misunderstood, but I thought your "cases" were referring to you calling out people because you believed that the scum were rising up to defend Sun.
If you meant your previous reads on Sesq and Echo, I mean sure, they exist, but you've literally put no effort into them and even yourself admit that they're weak analysis.
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:34 am

Post by wavemode »

In post 368, ConnorJC wrote:
In post 367, wavemode wrote:Okay Connor can you do me a favor and actually read the game? I feel like this is the third or fourth time you are very obviously overlooking statements I've made. You asked me what my non-Sun reads were and I told you, point blank.
Maybe I misunderstood, but I thought your "cases" were referring to you calling out people because you believed that the scum were rising up to defend Sun.
If you meant your previous reads on Sesq and Echo, I mean sure, they exist, but you've literally put no effort into them and even yourself admit that they're weak analysis.
Okay then maybe
I'm
misunderstanding here. What is it you actually want from me? To argue for reads I don't believe in?
retired...?
bombcat
bombcat
Goon
bombcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:15 am

Post by bombcat »

Hello I want to lynch wavemode for a lot of reasons including the one in the post I'm looking at right now while I'm typing this since it's above the text box where he asked Connor what do you want from me I think that's a very scummy thing to say I don't think he's said anything this game that isn't scummy I can list them if you want but that isn't gonna be very helpful you can just click iso on wavemode's name also I am blatant town
bombcat
bombcat
Goon
bombcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:17 am

Post by bombcat »

Echovision is the other blatant town
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:26 am

Post by Raya36 »

Bombcat, I actually would like for you to list them.

(Also I've been working on a readslist thing and it's almost finished. It'll probably be up in a few hours)
GameNBurger
GameNBurger
Goon
GameNBurger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:37 am

Post by GameNBurger »

In post 331, wavemode wrote:
In post 326, GameNBurger wrote:To address your pedit first: no, I just don't like it when people respond to something I am talking about dorectly with a tangential subject. Why is my post newbscum? Other than using specific language, how is what I'm saying scummy? Please be clear and tell me directly.

Also I basically just stepped into this game as an actual player, you can see a progression of my thoughts on Sun, I think in the end he's town. I can't speak for other but from what I see is people pushing you, not your vote. Also what are you even on about grouping us three together and that if we think we're all town that we should look at sun as possibly being scum? What are you trying to imply here?
Alright you are asking for a lesson so I will teach you.
This will be the last thing I contribute to this specific problem you're having as this isn't helping for town and part of me feels like I'm walking straight into that trap if I continue further but this sort of refusal to use all the tools available to you drives me up the wall

Me saying this sentence is condescending isn't bad faith, it's how I'm reading it. Maybe you haven't learned diction yet since I don't know how old you are so I'm not gonna flip on you, but if that's the case the words you're choosing and the way they're written imply a condescending tone. The terminology selected imply a power relationship, you as the teacher and me as the student, which is strictly a one way conversation. When you ask a friend a question IRL they are not suddenly you're teacher, as that would imply a sense of authority on a subject. This is what your words imply, putting you on a pedestal as an authority figure teaching a student whose knowledge is inferior. This is not the proper response to some asking to clarify your thoughts. I was asking why you thought the words were scummy, not to be taught a lesson in scumology 101. These are images contained in the words you wrote. Diction is a powerful tool, it's why you're right to criticize adverb use as rarely do adverbs have a place. While I personally disagree and think the adverbs express the exact degree of which I see some of your actions as scummy, I don't dismiss your viewpoint on them and will tailor my language to improve that. Not you, everyone has to be aware of their diction as while intent on words is important, as I'm sure you didn't mean to be condescending, but your words communicate, and at the end of the day, without being psychic, all I can know for certain are the words you put down. It's an important tool in playing forum mafia, and pro diction can and will torpedo anyone's game.

That's my rant, I think I made a similar one in the last game I was in.

Also nice to see bombcat participating
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:40 am

Post by wavemode »

I never said your post was bad faith, I said you're assuming that mine was in bad faith. I wasn't being condescending to you or trying to piss anyone off. You asked me a direct question and I simply explained to best of my ability. If you don't want to believe that then that's on you buddy.
retired...?

Return to “Completed Open Games”