Open 688: Diffusion of Power (Game Over)

Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3425 (ISO) » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:32 pm

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 3423, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 3421, Kelvin Smith wrote:
In post 3409, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 3406, Kelvin Smith wrote:
In post 3401, RadiantCowbells wrote:I would say in my last 20 games I have posted green day lyrics in more of them than I haven't
But they aren't even really Green Day lyrics. They are Weird Al lyrics for the parody of a Green Day song. This lack of distinction is somehow even more suspicious. I admittedly might be paranoid, but this is still fucking sketchy.
I'm not defending myself from this. If you think that I'm scum because I posted weird al lyrics, go ahead and vote me.
Or you could just let me know what you were playing at. You're not going to bravado me into dropping it, but I'm also not voting you just for a song quote.
I was listening to Canadian Idiot on youtube and enjoying it so I posted some of the song lyrics as they came on. Which is usually what I'm doing when I post song lyrics!
In post 3424, RadiantCowbells wrote:Like you call it bravado but there's really nothing to say besides I felt like posting song lyrics so I did it.
Okay, fine. I don't like it coming from you, because you're the sort of player I could see a trick like that coming from, but I accept that the culture of the site allows for that sort of posting.
New main account for the Scummer Formerly Known as Hikari Link.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3426 (ISO) » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:40 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

I mean I post song lyrics regularly.
I have used cues for scumpartners in the past but they're far more subtle: usually the first letter of the first word in posts combined with a signal to look for something indicates something to my partner and vice versa.
Here's some stuff that we were using in 685 where I had Titus claim a guilty on me since I didn't feel like I would be able to make LyLo with a shit ton of cops to randomly guilty me.
If they flip not-cop and you still want to bus me then pout at me. if they flip cop and you don't want to bus me then pout at me
so basically pout is polarity reversal

End a sentence with 'thanks for the help' emoticon or similar if you're ready to claim the guilty and if I'm ready I'll say you're welcome if not I won't say you're welcome
There was also one where the number of letters in the second word of a post with a specific smiley correlated to a strategy I wanted to try.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #3427 (ISO) » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:34 pm

2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3428 (ISO) » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:59 pm

Post by Titus »

Hey, yeah we did an agreed upon bus? What's the relevant point here beyond suggesting you might be bussing RC? I came in with alban/navy as my top but what gives.

Second, wtf giga on checking Vedith rather than turning this game into a fucking cakewalk by doctor checking.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3429 (ISO) » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:50 pm

Post by gigabyteTroubadour »

In post 3129, Titus wrote:Town Math

Vedith investigates Kelvin
Giga investigates Alban
Gamma investigates Navy
Paul investigates Raybells

Scum Math

Giga investigates Vedith
Gamma investigates Navy
Paul investigates alban
Vedith investigates me (bring it)

??????????????????
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭
alban
alban
Mafia Scum
alban
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3430 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:46 am

Post by alban »

As a rejoinder to what I said and RC's response to that, I agree..Titus can't be trusted.

There's no daytalk. Phew! Imagine if there was indeed daytalk.

I think scumteam now has a fairly decent idea about which night each of the cops and docs are assigned to.

I am sorry I don't have much anything to add.
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3431 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:38 am

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 3430, alban wrote:As a rejoinder to what I said and RC's response to that, I agree..Titus can't be trusted.

There's no daytalk. Phew! Imagine if there was indeed daytalk.

I think scumteam now has a fairly decent idea about which night each of the cops and docs are assigned to.

I am sorry I don't have much anything to add.
Posts like this (and pretty much all of his posts just don't feel genuine to me. Someone explain a better vote right now.

VOTE: alban

@Titus: What is it that you want to do right now?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3432 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:39 am

Post by Titus »

*grumbles* I forgot Giga was the one person assigned to not check a doctor. *grumbles*
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3433 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:48 am

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 3432, Titus wrote:*grumbles* I forgot Giga was the one person assigned to not check a doctor. *grumbles*
To be fair, even if that weren't the case, it was a good check. It seemed like yesterday, you were getting ready to string him up for non-compliance today. Also, anybody who opposed the Math wagon is definitely worthy of Cop scrutiny. I'm not saying that both other scum definitely opposed the wagon, but given the intense resistance we encountered on it, I'd say that it wouldn't be a stretch to think they might have been.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3434 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:02 am

Post by Titus »

Nope but it's equally not a stretch that Math was a planned bus.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #3435 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:28 am

In post 3428, Titus wrote:Hey, yeah we did an agreed upon bus? What's the relevant point here beyond suggesting you might be bussing RC? I came in with alban/navy as my top but what gives.

Second, wtf giga on checking Vedith rather than turning this game into a fucking cakewalk by doctor checking.
The relevant point is that Kelvin has spent the last 2 pages questioning why I'm posting song lyrics
so I'm explaining what my codes actually look like and that if I were scum who wanted to code a message he wouldn't notice it.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #3436 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:29 am

Vedith should be docced and check Gamma
Gamma should check a doctor, preferably Navy
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3437 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:57 am

Post by Titus »

In post 3436, RadiantCowbells wrote:Vedith should be docced and check Gamma
Gamma should check a doctor, preferably Navy
This supposes we mislynch or lynch a cop claim today.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #3438 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:04 am

This supposes absolutely nothing: and if we in fact lynched a cop claim it would be Gamma in which case that wouldn't apply.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #3439 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:05 am

Titus it feels like you're just looking for reasons to call me scum and it's not a good look for you.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3440 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:10 am

Post by Titus »

In post 3439, RadiantCowbells wrote:Titus it feels like you're just looking for reasons to call me scum and it's not a good look for you.
That's pretty much you since yesterday. We both know you aren't above a hard bus. You hard TRed me yesterday until I suspected you might be bussing.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3441 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:22 am

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 3434, Titus wrote:Nope but it's equally not a stretch that Math was a planned bus.
Is it though? I mean, if town were actually the ones opposing the Math lynch, why the hell would they not just turn around and go with you on the Navy lynch? Especially if Navy is scum, as you've been saying? They tried to derail a potential bus on a lurker by bussing on a player that the town (especially you, a vocal and influential player) opposed? Nah, that doesn't pass the smell test.

I feel like it would be fucking ridiculous to claim that there isn't scum among you, Vedith, and alban. Considering Vedith is confirmed town, that means we pretty much must lynch either you or alban. Of you two, I think that alban is more likely to be scum. But I could honestly see it go either way or even both ways.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #3442 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:25 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3441, Kelvin Smith wrote:
In post 3434, Titus wrote:Nope but it's equally not a stretch that Math was a planned bus.
Is it though? I mean, if town were actually the ones opposing the Math lynch, why the hell would they not just turn around and go with you on the Navy lynch? Especially if Navy is scum, as you've been saying? They tried to derail a potential bus on a lurker by bussing on a player that the town (especially you, a vocal and influential player) opposed? Nah, that doesn't pass the smell test.

I feel like it would be fucking ridiculous to claim that there isn't scum among you, Vedith, and alban. Considering Vedith is confirmed town, that means we pretty much must lynch either you or alban. Of you two, I think that alban is more likely to be scum. But I could honestly see it go either way or even both ways.
What? How does that "Vedith, Titus, Alban" theory work?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3443 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:31 am

Post by Titus »

@Kelvin,

I am not arguing zero scum in Navy/alban. Vedith can only be scum with a fakeclaiming town giga. That's ridiculous. Yet, I doubt Navy/alban.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3444 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:40 am

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 3442, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 3441, Kelvin Smith wrote:

What? How does that "Vedith, Titus, Alban" theory work?
To be clear, because it seems like people aren't understanding me, I'm saying it can't be Vedith anymore. I was only listing the people that were actively resisting the Math wagon. That means it's reasonable to suspect that at least one Mafia member was in that group.

If the lynch was an easy one, then a hard bus on Math would be a reasonable assumption. But for the remaining scum team to actively push a difficult bus when there was an easy bus/mislynch on the table with Navy just doesn't really make that much sense. To me that says that Navy probably isn't scum and that alban and/or Titus probably is scum. Of the two, neither honestly looks great to me. Titus is looking worse and worse, but I don't like that alban refused to cast a useful vote yesterday. That's why I could see alban/Navy as a scumteam.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3445 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:46 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Well then based on that who would be their most likely partners?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3446 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:49 am

Post by Titus »

@Kelvin, we almost for certain know Vedith is town (it's b.a.r.d.). I am town.

If Navy's town, why wouldn't that wagon take?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #3447 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:50 am

In post 3446, Titus wrote:If Navy's town, why wouldn't that wagon take?
because town-aligned players didn't let it take.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3448 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:56 am

Post by Titus »

In post 3447, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 3446, Titus wrote:If Navy's town, why wouldn't that wagon take?
because town-aligned players didn't let it take.
You mean like Vedith?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3449 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:59 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Okay what does b.a.r.d. mean?
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “Completed Open Games”