Newbie 1797: Space | Endgame

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
esires
esires
Goon
esires
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:12 pm

Post by esires »

I, too, enjoyed playing with everyone. I was a bit bummed that my first game back was as scum - I really did want to take it easy my first game and settle back in. But it was not to be, and I had fun anyways. I hope to do better next time.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:14 pm

Post by skitter30 »

You played very well then!

IMO, I think you played Day3 pretty well, although BV's suspicion of me is basically what led us away from your lynch. He was also town reading you . . .

And your AtE basically got to me . . .

It was really day4 that did it for me. Also, a specific post that I'm going to dig up out of your ISO in a second. (Im phoneposting right now . . .)

I enjoyed playing with you! I think you did a great job!
esires
esires
Goon
esires
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:16 pm

Post by esires »

Thanks, same to you! I do think I should have just shut up for awhile longer on Day 4. The whole point of killing Paul was to make things weird and hopefully get you to start arguing with HS. It almost got there but then I butted my stupid head in and screwed it up!
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:20 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1001, esires wrote:I have to say, if I were to spell out how I think a potential scum partner would post before a partner is lynched, it would be BlackVoid's and the followup. He scumreads one of the most pro-town players in the game (skitter), speculates that Drixx is town and seems to want to set up a different lynch despite how close we are to deadline:
Don't hammer please. I'm catching up fast. I'll be here at deadline and if it's the only option, then I'll do it.
It fits in perfectly with the possibility that, if Drixx is scum, his partner just wasn't around to defend or deflect. BV is also trying to complicate and confuse tonight's jailer plan, and wants to be jailed (if scum, he could NK and then claim to be cleared). I will definitely be reading through Drixx and BV this night phase. If for some reason I wind up dying, look at BV closely if Drixx flips scum.
It was this one, especially since Drixx self-voted literally minutes after you set up a nice narrative for scum!BV. It was kinda like he was waiting for you to set up the narrative for day3.

P-edit: Thanks! Also, you did *really* good at masking associatives with Drixx. I was worried that your vote on him like page 4 was a distancing vote, and it was! And why did you decide to bus him? That vote on him was rather odd as well.

Yeah, you kept pushing the Paul thing *too* much that I became suspicions. I literally hadn't thought through who would benefit by a Paul kill, and you kept saying I would, when I felt like I had no clear motive for doing so.
esires
esires
Goon
esires
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:22 pm

Post by esires »

I feel bad for bussing that much - I just wanted to try to separate myself as much as possible and probably overdid it.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:23 pm

Post by skitter30 »

Did you think he was doomed at that point? Cuz you were like the second vote on the wagon IIRC.

The *reasons* for the vote were suspect, but the fact that you were on the wagon so early confused me.
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:25 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

I think im allowed to post.

GG esires u played well. I was sooo annoyed at getting NKed bcuz I reread D2 looking at skitters and determined she was town and was ready to come and lynch u D4 lol. Then I get this PM saying im dead and im like wtf cuz I was ready to come win the game.
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:26 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

IMO u shoulda NKed skitters and pushed HS bcuz an esires killing skitters makes no sense but DS killing skitters does as it sets up esires mislynch.

I layed out more of it in spoilered dead thread if ur interested :/

gj skitters a strong game as usual. Dunkers it was fun playing with u! I totally misread u D1 lol.
esires
esires
Goon
esires
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:28 pm

Post by esires »

The initial vote was just to distance but since I was busy with work at that point in the game, things built up pretty quick and I didn't feel like there was a good opportunity to unvote without looking super sketchy.

Thanks Paul, same to you, sorry for the NK! It seemed like my only possible chance at winning since I knew for sure you were going to come for me D4. But you're right, skitters might have been a better choice. I just felt like there was a slight chance at getting Dunkers to vote skitters if HS got on board with it.
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:32 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

No offense but BV was scum mvp lol.

he drover a scum lynch to L-1 then turned around and cast a bunch of suspicion on a townie while simultaneasouly nearly convinving everyone said scum was town. Then he "scumslipped" and got mislynched lol.
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:33 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

U played rlly well tho esires. Drixx left u kinda stuck but u didnt do anything to really raise suspicion for most of the game.
esires
esires
Goon
esires
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:43 pm

Post by esires »

I thought Drixx's self-vote was a really smart move so I was impressed by that - saved me from having to do anything that day and made BV look suspicious.

I also feel bad for BV because he was super-town and clearly got frustrated towards the end of D3.

Hoping for a town roll in my next game because I actually really like fighting my way out of corners as town and I feel way more freed up to talk, but I'm terrible at getting out from under a case as scum.
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:54 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

Ive been wanting a scum role lmao.

Ive NEVER gotten to play as scum and it seems so fun to try to set town against town. I also hate not knowing who is who.
esires
esires
Goon
esires
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:58 pm

Post by esires »

Yeah, there are pros and cons to each. Personally I feel way more invested when I'm playing as scum, but that also leads to more stress about what's happening in the game.
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:02 pm

Post by ThinkBig »

VC 4.LYNCH

Messier 63: The Sunflower Galaxy
Image Credit & Copyright: Data - Hubble Legacy Archive, Subaru Telescope (NAOJ), Don Goldman
Processing - Robert Gendler, Roberto Colombari, Don Goldman
Explanation: A bright spiral galaxy of the northern sky, Messier 63 is about 25 million light-years distant in the loyal constellation Canes Venatici. Also cataloged as NGC 5055, the majestic island universe is nearly 100,000 light-years across. That's about the size of our own Milky Way Galaxy. Known by the popular moniker, The Sunflower Galaxy, M63 sports a bright yellowish core in this sharp composite image from space- and ground-based telescopes. Its sweeping blue spiral arms are streaked with cosmic dust lanes and dotted with pink star forming regions. A dominant member of a known galaxy group, M63 has faint, extended features that are likely star streams from tidally disrupted satellite galaxies. M63 shines across the electromagnetic spectrum and is thought to have undergone bursts of intense star formation.

esires
(3): skitter30, Human Sequencer, Dunkerdoodles
<-- LYNCH

skitter30
(1): esires

Not Voting
(0):
None.

With 4 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.

The day 4 deadline is in
: (expired on 2017-07-22 10:15:00)

A WIN CONDITION HAS BEEN ACHIEVED!

esires, the
Mafia Roleblocker
, was lynched day 4!

THE TOWN WINS
I have officially retired this account. My new account is Virtuoso.
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:17 pm

Post by ThinkBig »

I would like to first of all thank everyone for playing and sticking in the game. This game had only 3 replacements, which is a record low for any newbie game that I have ever seen in a while.

I would like to thank everyone for keeping a positive attitude throughout the game and for keeping this game free from toxicity. I applaud esires for a wonderful performance after losing Drixx day 2.

I also owe esires an apology. On night 2, esires targeted Human Sequencer to be killed. I messed up and flipped TesXX instead. Esires graciously agreed to keep going and move along with the new kill. In reality, I think it helped him more than it hurt him.

Game Links

Night Actions
Night 1

Dunkerdoodle jails Drixx (results: fails due to being roleblocked)
esiries roleblocks Dunkerdoodle (results: Dunkerdoodle is blocked)
esiries kills TesXX (results: fails due to bulletproof. TesXX is no longer bulletproof)

Night 2

esires roleblocks dunkerdoodles
esires kills Human Sequencer (note: this is where I made my error)
Dunkerdoodles jails NotTheRealPaul

Night 3

Dunkerdoodles jails skitter30
esires roleblocks Dunkerdoodles
esires kills NotTheRealPaul

Hope everyone enjoyed the flavor. This thread is now unlocked for postgame chatter.
Last edited by ThinkBig on Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
esires
esires
Goon
esires
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:18 pm

Post by esires »

Agreed, I also think it helped more than it hurt!
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:19 pm

Post by ThinkBig »

Also I would like to thank BlackVoid for being the scum MVP this game.
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:19 pm

Post by ThinkBig »

Oh, and thank Plotinus for being super awesome as always. I couldn't have done it without you!
esires
esires
Goon
esires
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:19 pm

Post by esires »

And no need to apologize, thank you for modding!
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:20 pm

Post by ThinkBig »

Thanks for playing!
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:28 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

Awesome game!!

Waiting for Drixx's comments. I wanna know what hewas thinking with the HS push.
TesXX
TesXX
Mafia Scum
TesXX
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:03 pm

Post by TesXX »

Lol I was thinking about posting in here and saying that HS was tracker and Dunkey was last scum just to troll you guys.
I'll post thoughts later (partially just I want to say stuff about the game and partially because a lot of SEs and ICs do that.)
Good game everyone.
TesXX
TesXX
Mafia Scum
TesXX
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:22 pm

Post by TesXX »

In post 1465, ThinkBig wrote:I also owe esires an apology. On night 2, esires targeted Human Sequencer to be killed. I messed up and flipped TreXX instead.
I am not a tree
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1474 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:29 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1461, esires wrote:I thought Drixx's self-vote was a really smart move so I was impressed by that - saved me from having to do anything that day and made BV look suspicious.

I also feel bad for BV because he was super-town and clearly got frustrated towards the end of D3.

Hoping for a town roll in my next game because I actually really like fighting my way out of corners as town and I feel way more freed up to talk, but I'm terrible at getting out from under a case as scum.
(Sorry for disappearing in middle of a convo, but something kinda came up. At least I'm on my laptop now!)

I think you played *really* well. Up until the very end, I was worried that HS had bussed Drixx. What basically sold me is the way you got stuck on the night-kill and wouldn't budge from the 'skitter was motivated to kill Paul because he was scumreading her'. The narrative didn't make sense to me, and it was the last thing I would have done as scum there, so it didn't make sense that you kept pushing it.

Yeah, so the timing of Drixx's self-vote was niggling at me since the end of day2. I thought it was either him trying to prevent you from throwing more shade at partner!BV, or that you were his partner and that he had used the self-vote to frame BV. I was going back on forth on those two theories for much of the game.

And the other thing that convinced me was when Paul pointed out that Drixx's proposed scumteam of you/HS only kinda made sense if HS was town.

But for most of the game, the things that you were proposing kinda made sense to me, and were very similar to things that I was thinking. We actually think kinda similarly I found. You had me pocketed for a bit, I think, because you consistently townread me, and the self-vote AtE got to me too.

But overall, I really enjoyed playing with you!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”