Open 694: Friends and Enemies (Game Over!)

wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:54 am

Post by wavemode »

By Fen I mean Egg.
retired...?
GameNBurger
GameNBurger
Goon
GameNBurger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:27 am

Post by GameNBurger »

Maybe My meta is 4 years out of date but I thought lack of survivalism was a scummy thing, as it shows little regard for town gain, serious question for my sake, has that changed now?

Either way all we need is mal in the game participating since egg arrived

Also wait
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:59 am

Post by Egg »

In post 549, wavemode wrote:MY NAME IS NOT WAVEFORM

And this game is feeling more and more like we will mislynch today...

That said, I do like Fen's grand entrance to the game much more than I liked GameNBurger's. Your analysis has a certain clarity to it and it goes beyond just surface-level observation of things that are already obvious to everyone. Plus you don't want to kill me which is always nice.

You do seem to scumread Sesq. As I've said before, there are likely three scum within the four {Flubbernugget, SunChild, GameNBurger, Sesq}. I'd much rather compromise on a Sesq vote than no-lynching or killing bombcat. Thoughts?
I definitely wouldn't complain if the day ended in a sesq lynch, but I think bombcat is more dangerous because he's trying to out the masons and people are actually discussing it with him.

Game, town's primary goal is to find scum. Scum's primary goal is to survive. That's why survivalism can be scummy. A lack of survivalism can be a lack of scum intent. I'd be curious to hear the logic supporting the opposite because I don't think I've hear it in nearly a decade of playing mafia.
bombcat
bombcat
Goon
bombcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:12 pm

Post by bombcat »

i would complain if the day ended in a sesq lynch
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:17 pm

Post by Egg »

Why?
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:56 pm

Post by Sesq »

>thinking that bombcat is 100% confirmed scum
>thinking that mafiascum is a game of pure logic

please stop

you're not doing yourself any favors in the long run

also "youre mad because they're right" is a bullshit point that can be applied anywhere without any sort of restriction. if an argument always makes sense in every context then it is pointless. mafia, and logic even, 101.
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:57 pm

Post by Sesq »

i think outing the masons is overall more helpful because then we have 3 conftowns who can carry the game along

i mean, theyll be killed but i think its an ok consequence
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:00 pm

Post by jjh927 »

My take on that is that it's a terrible idea
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:02 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Mason buddies can back each other in a way scum can not. Being conftown lategame is far more important than being conftown early game, and it is possible to do that.
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
GameNBurger
GameNBurger
Goon
GameNBurger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:17 pm

Post by GameNBurger »

In post 552, Egg wrote:

That said, I do like Fen's grand entrance to the game much more than I liked GameNBurger's. Your analysis has a certain clarity to it and it goes beyond just surface-level observation of things that are already obvious to everyone. Plus you don't want to kill me which is always nice.

You do seem to scumread Sesq. As I've said before, there are likely three scum within the four {Flubbernugget, SunChild, GameNBurger, Sesq}. I'd much rather compromise on a Sesq vote than no-lynching or killing bombcat. Thoughts?
I definitely wouldn't complain if the day ended in a sesq lynch, but I think bombcat is more dangerous because he's trying to out the masons and people are actually discussing it with him.

Game, town's primary goal is to find scum. Scum's primary goal is to survive. That's why survivalism can be scummy. A lack of survivalism can be a lack of scum intent. I'd be curious to hear the logic supporting the opposite because I don't think I've hear it in nearly a decade of playing mafia.
I guess I'm thinking more along along the line of "fine go ahead and mislynch me I don't care attitude" which is just incredibly edible unhelpful to town and an easy gambit to pull as a scum, atleast back when I first learned off site
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:18 pm

Post by Raya36 »

In post 453, Flubbernugget wrote:Stop.

Replying.

To.

Bombcat.
Thank you! I just had to sift through several pages of useless posting. If he isn't going to reply the first time he's not going to reply the 8th.
In post 466, ConnorJC wrote: bombcat spam is super scummy. It looks like he's scum trying to hunt masons.
Not to defend how Bombcat is playing since it's not helpful to town in the least but from my experience and from reading a few of Bombcat's games the spam is NAI for him.
In post 488, bombcat wrote:i don't get what i would be policy lynched for, not talking about mason reads?
You're not helping the game and nearly all of your posts have been useless spam. That said, I agree with Wave and I don't think we should policy lynch.

Making a note that I need to respond to , and .
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:37 pm

Post by Sesq »

yeh i can buy that jj

bombcat you arent getting the free iphone anymore

i gave it to some guy on discord named banshee
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:49 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

Egg, I didn't vote for wave because I hadn't fully read the thread yet. I don't think there was enough happening between my claim to vote and my actual vote for you to be judging it in good faith.

At the time of me claiming wave was wasting time by addressing my case, he didn't seem to be forwarding a read on me.

I currently have three scum reads that I have expressed to some extent or another. I have town games where I have done much less. I think I'm getting downed out by shitposting/spam posting between Bombcat,jjh, and wave(ish).

You seem to have said a lot about wave, but you make few if any conclusions that he is town from it.
bombcat
bombcat
Goon
bombcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:44 pm

Post by bombcat »

In post 561, Sesq wrote:yeh i can buy that jj

bombcat you arent getting the free iphone anymore

i gave it to some guy on discord named banshee
What did he give you
bombcat
bombcat
Goon
bombcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:45 pm

Post by bombcat »

I don't think I was gonna get it anyway that's like rolling a twelve sided die six times and calling it every time that's not very likely
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:07 pm

Post by Egg »

Sesq, who is 555 directed at because I don't think anyone said bombcat is confirmed scum? 556 is also a bad idea otherwise the masons probably would have claimed by now. Talking about it is maybe worse than the idea itself. If you're town, you could be giving scum info without realizing it. But the one thing I will say is masons give us an even bigger advantage if they stay hidden because let's say we get to 7 players and then they are outted. Now we have 3 confirmed town and 4 unknowns. Odds of lynching scum are much better than if they are the first three kills and just have 7 unknown players. We want the masons around as long as possible.

Game, you're thinking of ATE (appeal to emotion) and it's debatable whether that is scummy or town. It depends on if it's genuine and even if it is genuine it's still debatable. It's only when it's fake that it's definitely scummy. By survivalism, I more mean trying to stay alive in general.

Raya, if you think the case against bombcat is spam, you must have missed him trying to out the masons.

Flubber, if you were still reading that's definitely fair. It's hard to pick that up when everyone hits submit six times in one sitting reading the thread. I can understand waiting until you are done to vote though for sure. Also thought I'd been more clear about townreading wave, so apologies if not. But yeah I do think he is town.
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:16 pm

Post by Sesq »

In post 565, Egg wrote:Sesq, who is 555 directed at because I don't think anyone said bombcat is confirmed scum? 556 is also a bad idea otherwise the masons probably would have claimed by now. Talking about it is maybe worse than the idea itself. If you're town, you could be giving scum info without realizing it. But the one thing I will say is masons give us an even bigger advantage if they stay hidden because let's say we get to 7 players and then they are outted. Now we have 3 confirmed town and 4 unknowns. Odds of lynching scum are much better than if they are the first three kills and just have 7 unknown players. We want the masons around as long as possible.

Game, you're thinking of ATE (appeal to emotion) and it's debatable whether that is scummy or town. It depends on if it's genuine and even if it is genuine it's still debatable. It's only when it's fake that it's definitely scummy. By survivalism, I more mean trying to stay alive in general.

Raya, if you think the case against bombcat is spam, you must have missed him trying to out the masons.

Flubber, if you were still reading that's definitely fair. It's hard to pick that up when everyone hits submit six times in one sitting reading the thread. I can understand waiting until you are done to vote though for sure. Also thought I'd been more clear about townreading wave, so apologies if not. But yeah I do think he is town.
it was @ you

and the read is still dumb as i've provided an argument as for why someone could want the masons outed

and i know of another one that im not gonna say
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:27 pm

Post by Egg »

Well I don't think a lot of what you think that I think.

And I've made my point on masons.
bombcat
bombcat
Goon
bombcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:16 pm

Post by bombcat »

Please stop talking about who might or not be a mason such as jjh727 who is definitely a mason
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:35 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Seriously, why are people still not voting this? My running theory rn as to why Bombcat's not just been hard-bussed is that a Bombcat flip would make his scumbuddies super obvious, but we need this flip before we get anywhere with that.
bombcat
bombcat
Goon
bombcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:48 pm

Post by bombcat »

Could u please stop it's starting to get annoying
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:48 pm

Post by Sesq »

In post 567, Egg wrote:Well I don't think a lot of what you think that I think.

"well you're wrong"

nice way to open up a dialogue there
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:11 pm

Post by Egg »

In post 571, Sesq wrote:
In post 567, Egg wrote:Well I don't think a lot of what you think that I think.

"well you're wrong"

nice way to open up a dialogue there
I mean when you start things by saying I think we have confirmed scum on day 1 and that logic is the only thing that matters, neither of which is my stance, there isn't much chance at a dialogue about that. Talk to me about bombcat. Do you actually have a read on him? I'd guess town by the way you're defending him but you haven't come right out and said that.
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:14 pm

Post by Sesq »

Yeah, but you put him as your top scumread

and that's just really naiive

maybe he is, probably he isnt.
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: not on a plane, not on a train, not in a moat, not on a boat

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:15 pm

Post by EchoVision »

In post 552, Egg wrote:

bombcat isn't trying to out the masons... he said one person was obv mason and probably wasn't even right. it's not like he's mason hunting
UnaBombaH: I think Im happy you turned up to be the scum, and that you won, because I will use this game as a guideline for whenever I finally land my first scumrole.

Return to “Completed Open Games”