Open 688: Diffusion of Power (Game Over)

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #3525 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:50 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3521, Titus wrote:
In post 3518, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 3517, Titus wrote:Why don't we lynch Navy? Saves almost the hassle and reveals a lot.

VOTE: Navy
what does it tell us :?:
What happened during day 2. Namely that it was probably your ego shouting down a scum lynch and you got lucky.
I mean, RC wasn't even pushing Math that hard, that was Kelvin
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3526 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:51 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Why not

1) I was hard bussing Math because they piss me off and it protects Navy, my scumpartner, who I think is somewhat adorable.

or

2) I am emperor RadiantCowbells, supreme scumhunter of the US armed forces in Europe, and I correctly voted scum MathBlade who was a scumfuck and correctly avoided Navy wagon which was on town?
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3527 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:51 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 3523, Gamma Emerald wrote:You mean Day 3? Also I don't think you really have room to talk down to anyone rn.
Saying what we learn isn't talking down to anyone.

Either I get an asshat on my head (unlikely since there's this much resistance to lynching Navy), or we learn about Math v Navy wagons both being scum. Analyzing those... plus cop checks = GG
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
alban
alban
Mafia Scum
alban
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3528 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:52 pm

Post by alban »

When I flip town, look at my wagon, especially Kelvin. Bloody moron.
None of you had a single thing to say about my detailed post on why I am not scum. Did any of you ISO my D1? And D2?

Giga, yeah I push on weird lynches but that's not my scum tell. I basically push on non-majoritarian wagons as town, and hence as scum I have to push weird lynches too to appear town.

If it's between me and Navy, obviously the vote will go to Navy.
VOTE: Navy

Posts on Hellfire on D1:
(not much, yet something)
Spoiler:
In post 170, alban wrote:
In post 158, Hellfire Missile wrote:
In post 98, Sesq wrote:what else would it mean, gamma?

and yeah, maybe we should snipe from the inactive pile.

how about VOTE: Coop Sheep
In post 31, Sesq wrote:wait l2 fuck

UNVOTE: aronagrundy
In post 55, Sesq wrote:i think you are

VOTE: Gamma Emerald
In post 66, Sesq wrote:VOTE: LunaeCinere

are you an alt
In post 5, Sesq wrote:sup

VOTE: gamma emerald
In post 12, Sesq wrote:VOTE: aronagrundy

this is fucking trash yo

there's no fucking reason

its like

ur an alt
votes

ur weird/scummy for voting because it was rvs

votes

boi
This is scummy. Also, your reaction to sesq was weird.
Has anyone played with hell before?
Hellfire, you realise I made the exact same post just a few posts ago?
He repeating exactly the same pt should convince everyone that I am not scum with him. I could of course be scum without him, about which i will convince you guys that I am not.
In post 498, alban wrote:I urge you all to vote for hellfire.

VOTE: hellfire
In post 500, alban wrote:
In post 498, alban wrote:I urge you all to vote for hellfire.

VOTE: hellfire
I know this, wagon hasn't even begun, but I am sure he is one of the scums.
In post 690, alban wrote:
In post 688, Gamma Emerald wrote:Albany who would you vote at this juncture?
Would vote between hellfire, lunae, gamma, sesq > agent, sheep

On Commknight:

Spoiler:
In post 499, alban wrote:
In post 490, CommKnight wrote:Creature
Hellfire Missile*
Agent Sparkles*
NJAC
aronagrundy
Cooperative Sheep*
LunaeCinere

^ Bet all scum is in this seven. Even taking a random guess you got a near 50% chance of hitting them. XD
Townie

About roleclaims in gen and my doc claim:

Spoiler:
In post 630, alban wrote:
In post 618, Agent Sparkles wrote:I protected NJAC last night. We should both be near-conftown barring another claim.
I dunno if it's such a good idea to claim.
There could be a possibility that the scum didn't kill anyone. I dunno if that would be a small possibility to rule out, especially in a game with 4-6 cops. The only way a scum gets some pass is on a kill-less night and 1. if they are claimed to be protected by a doc; 2. if the scum themselves claim to be a doc.
In post 667, alban wrote:I was N1 doc and saved Creature.
This is the reason why I was a bit suspicious of Agent's claim.
Although there could be 2 docs, for me it's unlikely that there could be 3 docs on N1.
I would like to lynch between Agent and Sheep.
In post 713, alban wrote:
In post 708, Gamma Emerald wrote:Guys
Alban is very clearly trying to avoid the 3 doc claim situation. This suggests he has a very large stake in making sure he or another in the pool isn't lynched. I'd rather vote him since it's very clear he is scum no matter whether one of the other claimed docs is.
Gamma, you are either not paying attention to my posts or you are deliberately framing me.
Every single point in your post is problematic
1. I am trying to avoid the 3 doc claim situation:
ISO me on D2 and you will find I have been talking about it non-stop. Like here:
In post 630, alban wrote:
In post 618, Agent Sparkles wrote:I protected NJAC last night. We should both be near-conftown barring another claim.
I dunno if it's such a good idea to claim.
There could be a possibility that the scum didn't kill anyone. I dunno if that would be a small possibility to rule out, especially in a game with 4-6 cops. The only way a scum gets some pass is on a kill-less night and 1. if they are claimed to be protected by a doc; 2. if the scum themselves claim to be a doc.
And elsewhere.
So, no, I am not avoiding the doc claims situation. I am voting for you for your unfounded confidence about knowing exactly who I am.
Also, it's so stupid to think that someone forced me to claim and that's how I have landed up in this 3 doc claim situation. I did it of my own volition. If I really wanted to avoid it, why would I claim in the first place? If there's really a scum in the other 2 doc claims, why would I jump into the fray and raise the stakes of successfully lynching a scum from 1 in 2 to now 2 in 3? Anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool and I have no patience to explain it to them any further. Even that Mutton fellow who keeps saying I am a scum but only along with one more scum in there.

2. Large stake in not lynching in the pool:
Coz I am voting for you? That's not a good enough argument. Obvious conflict of interest.

3. "I'd rather vote him since it's very clear he is scum":
And how did you achieve this clairvoyance? Elaborate.
In post 714, alban wrote:
In post 712, Cooperative Sheep wrote:
In post 698, Creature wrote:Well, we now know there's one scum in these docs, though alban is the most buyable claim there (not the most buyable nightkill).
We know this?
How so - I'd be happy to lynch in that pool if so - but I'm pretty sure you don't understand the setup (or I don't). Clarify?
In post 702, alban wrote:VOTE: Gamma
:neutral:
Gamma is currently one of three players least likely to be scum.
Vote better.
Think better.
If you don't believe the doc claims such as mine, how can you believe whom I or others saved? Why is Gamma (or any of the saved folks) least likely to be a scum? If I am scum, why can't I fakeclaim as a doc and pretend to having saved my scumbuddy Creature? Only if all 3 doc claims turn out to be correct, you can have some confidence in the people we saved to be town. Even if one of us is lying and is a scum, all the three people who were saved on N1 come under scanner. And actually, even if all the 3 doc claims are correct, there is still a possibility that the saved people could be scum coz the scum may have chosen not to kill anyone. This is less probable (coz the objective of the scum team at this point would be to cut our numbers down rather than play it safely), but still possible.
In post 959, alban wrote:I am not well so I am not gonna keep it long.
With the entry of two seasoned players in the game, I would have imagined the game would be heading in a spectacular direction.
If earlier the town was lost, it's not misdirected.
I think claiming is the worst and the stupidest idea ever. Unless of course it had to come from scum.
Between Vedith and Titus, I would be more inclined to vote for Vedith also coz he replaces Lunae - someone I couldn't trust before.
As sure as I may sound, I am not sure about this line of action, and I trust nothing dumb will happen under provocation or pressure, but I read Paul's latest posts, and got a doomsday feel. Paul, DO NOT REVEAL! End of discussion.
See you when better.
In post 977, alban wrote:I still dont buy it for the following reason:

Everyones' roles are laid bare open to be NK'd. It doesn't matter who's to perform which night. It's immaterial coz people will roleclaim once they have done their doc-ing or cop-ing for that night. Anyone who hasn't is the intended target for scum. This is exactly why I didn't wanna claim on D2. When the 1st doc claimed, I had asked them the reason why they did, but pat came the 2nd claim! And then I wanted to claim too coz I was not convinced about their claims.
Now it's easy to guess what the scum will do with us. They will keep us alive. The town will never know whether we are scums or townies until the rest of you lynch us which is exactly what a scum would want. Even if one of us is a scum, it works best to their advantage. If we hadn't claimed, scum would waste their NK on someone who has become a VT in effect, and that would be beneficial to the town.

So walk me through what happens when you divide the players in two heaps. I can see where this is going, but I still wanna hear you out. I think your strategy will flop, but walk me through it. There's of course the possibility that scum will get to know our strategy but that's a risk I am willing to take. I have not discussed everything I have on my mind. Guess everyone can make that decision for themselves, what to share and what to hide.
In post 1217, alban wrote:Vote for vedith/titus/sesq/gamma (maybe in that order).
Vedith and titus for coming up with the stupid/manipulative idea of claiming.
After being certain of the game solving itself after everyone claimed, now they aren't even sure what the fuck to do.
This is the point where i say, I had told you so.
Bloody morons.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3529 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:52 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 3526, RadiantCowbells wrote:Why not

1) I was hard bussing Math because they piss me off and it protects Navy, my scumpartner, who I think is somewhat adorable.

or

2) I am emperor RadiantCowbells, supreme scumhunter of the US armed forces in Europe, and I correctly voted scum MathBlade who was a scumfuck and correctly avoided Navy wagon which was on town?
Whatever window dressing you want

We learn something
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3530 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:52 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Getting mad at RC for pushing math is wrong, and crediting him for it is also wrong
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3531 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:53 pm

Post by Kelvin Smith »

Hey, Titus, if you're town here, do me a favor and hammer alban already.
New main account for the Scummer Formerly Known as Hikari Link.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #3532 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:54 pm

In post 3530, Gamma Emerald wrote:Like
Getting mad at RC for pushing math is wrong, and crediting him for it is also wrong
?

I'm not sure what historical revisionism you're reading but I was a large part of the reason that Math pulled through over Navy.

I was definitely more anti-navy than pro-math in the sense that I tried to derail onto Alban every time people abandoned Math but I was definitely hard pushing it.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3533 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:56 pm

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 3528, alban wrote:When I flip town, look at my wagon, especially Kelvin. Bloody moron.
Yeah, let's all look at the one guy that literally nobody thinks is scum... You know, it's technically solid advice, even if it is incorrect here. Always be wary of the ones you least suspect.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #3534 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:00 pm

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3535 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:08 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 3531, Kelvin Smith wrote:Hey, Titus, if you're town here, do me a favor and hammer alban already.
Why would I do that when Navy is the better lynch? You haven't even addressed what we'd learn from that.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3536 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:08 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 3530, Gamma Emerald wrote:Like
The first isn't wrong. I will always be mad in game at how RC and Kelvin spoke to me. I just know RC does that as scum.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #3537 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:10 pm

You don't even think I'm hard defending Navy though; you think we're 1 town 1 scum or so you say. So shouldn't you want to lynch, y'know, me?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3538 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:12 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 3537, RadiantCowbells wrote:You don't even think I'm hard defending Navy though; you think we're 1 town 1 scum or so you say. So shouldn't you want to lynch, y'know, me?
I'm not getting a you lynch without Navy flipping scum or getting confcleared myself.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3539 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:13 pm

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 3535, Titus wrote:
In post 3531, Kelvin Smith wrote:Hey, Titus, if you're town here, do me a favor and hammer alban already.
Why would I do that when Navy is the better lynch? You haven't even addressed what we'd learn from that.
I assume we'd learn that alban is scum. What do you expect we'd learn from a Navy lynch?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3540 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:18 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 3539, Kelvin Smith wrote:
I assume we'd learn that alban is scum. What do you expect we'd learn from a Navy lynch?
Navy is scum, and if not that would be near conclusive proof alban is. We'd learn we couldn't get either lynch to go through because both Math and Navy were scum OR that basically we'd learn that 1 scum likely bussed and two weren't (Math and alban).

We also don't have to deal with Navy slot fucking the game in lylo.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3541 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:22 pm

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 3540, Titus wrote:
In post 3539, Kelvin Smith wrote:
Navy is scum, and if not that would be near conclusive proof alban is. We'd learn we couldn't get either lynch to go through because both Math and Navy were scum OR that basically we'd learn that 1 scum likely bussed and two weren't (Math and alban).

We also don't have to deal with Navy slot fucking the game in lylo.
Nah, alban has a better chance at being scum, by my reckoning. He keeps making all of those scum posts like Math did.
alban
alban
Mafia Scum
alban
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3542 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:24 pm

Post by alban »

Gamma, Giga, why are you voting for me? Reasons please.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #3543 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:25 pm

Not dealing with Navy slot in LyLo is the single compelling reason that you've given to lynch her.
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3544 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:26 pm

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 3542, alban wrote:Gamma, Giga, why are you voting for me? Reasons please.
giga's not. Yet.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3545 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:28 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3542, alban wrote:Gamma, Giga, why are you voting for me? Reasons please.
Because I feel that your posts are coming from a scum perspective. One interesting thing is you having voiced a scumread on Sesq day 1, yet you act like you are not tied to the push except for the vote. I may be wrong here but that's what I get a sense of.
Interesting thought occurred to me. I think with a scumflip it might be worth it to check the rush to lynch CommKnight.
<Embrace The Void>

Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3546 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:29 pm

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 3543, RadiantCowbells wrote:Not dealing with Navy slot in LyLo is the single compelling reason that you've given to lynch her.
You're not wrong. But I just feel like any wagon that both alban and Titus want is super likely to be a mislynch.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3547 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:34 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Reading back didn't do much
No really bad votes because it was from a Town wagon to a town wagon
<Embrace The Void>

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #3548 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:35 pm

Titus you're doing this thing where you've spent the whole game treating me with absolutely no respect then getting mad at me because I'm giving it right back to you.
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3549 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:41 pm

Post by Kelvin Smith »

Wish giga would get in here and hammer. We've got a solid plan, we've got a solid lynch, and we've got relatively little to worry about. I'm confident that Gamma will make the right call when it comes time for him to Cop somebody, so let's just get this Day over with.

Return to “Completed Open Games”