Open 688: Diffusion of Power (Game Over)

Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3575 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:24 am

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 3574, Titus wrote:No one disagrees with me on Navy being a disaster to have and antitown.
And I doubt anybody will ever disagree with that. But people just think that alban is more likely to be scum and they'd rather lynch scum.
In post 3574, Titus wrote:No one has given a reason beyond alban looks scummy, which is the Math lynch all over.
That's still not true. Like I said, there is almost certainly scum among you and alban. And I think we all think alban is the more likely between you and him.
In post 3574, Titus wrote:I wanted some assurances history wouldn't repeat itself Kelvin. If you can't see why after today, then we had a major failure to communicate.
I tried not to let history repeat itself. And for the most part, I think I was very successful. But Titus, I want you to consider two things:

1. We're allowed to think that you are wrong.

Every player except for Vedith, alban, and you yesterday supported a Math lynch over a Navy lynch (as evidenced by their votes). By your own theory of Navy being scum, that means, at most, one of those people voting Math were scum. Only you, Math, and Vedith voted Navy. And now, only you and alban are supporting the Navy lynch. This isn't because we're trying to shut you out, it's because we don't agree with you.

This was never my intent, but at this moment, it seems we've somehow organically formed some sort of townbloc. Unfortunately, it seems like you aren't a part of that townbloc right now. Perhaps you'd be interested in applying by hammering alban?

2. We're allowed to think you're scum.

Not all of us think you are scum. And I think even among those of us who do think you might be scum, nobody thinks it is a certainty. But even though I'm not certain that you are scum, it still gives me pause to trust your judgment. To my knowledge, you're all about townblocs, it seems like you are just sitting here repeatedly opposing the townbloc, and that is suspicious to me.
New main account for the Scummer Formerly Known as Hikari Link.
alban
alban
Mafia Scum
alban
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3576 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:38 am

Post by alban »

Master of divide-and-rule policy.
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3577 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:04 am

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 3576, alban wrote:divide-and-rule
How do you figure? This town has never been so cohesive. Of all the active players, there are only two rogue player who aren't working together. And of the two of them (you), we're actively working against you, so that's not surprising.
alban
alban
Mafia Scum
alban
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3578 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:13 am

Post by alban »

Some funny translations from asshole language to english.
1. 'people think alban is more likely to be scum' - meaning when alban turns town, the person who said this need not be held accountable.
2. 'there is almost certainly a scum between you and alban' - meaning 'would you rather that we lynch you than alban?' classical hand-wringing.
3. 'there is almost certainly a scum between you and alban' - meaning when alban flips town, we will be on you.
4. 'this isn't because we are trying to shut you out' - it's now we vs. you (titus).
5. 'we've somehow organically formed some sort of townbloc' - and when alban flips town, we will have started a mini mafia game with 7 players and Day1. Coz we wouldn't know shit about who's who in that supposed townblock.
6. 'you'd be interested in applying by hammering alban?' - oh waait, not subtle anymore. join my crusade or else...
7. 'it seems like you are just sitting here repeatedly opposing the townbloc, and that is suspicious to me.' - i can see the future, can you? like i can predict who will be the lynch tomorrow.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3579 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:36 am

Post by Titus »

In post 3577, Kelvin Smith wrote:
How do you figure? This town has never been so cohesive. Of all the active players, there are only two rogue player who aren't working together. And of the two of them (you), we're actively working against you, so that's not surprising.
That's because it's not town cohesion. The copping of Gamma is ok because his result can be trusted I guess. I see the point in that. Yet, it does nothing towards solving the confirmed scum problem. Navy cannot remain. Almost everytime a lurker remains here, town loses. This is major buddying.

What do you think happens tomorrow? Navy lives and I get lynched because I "provide no utility" because I disagree. Navy gets to go on without making any contribution for dayphases.

Your argument is circular. This is a good lynch because we agree. We agree because we are town. Because we are town, this is a good lynch. None of that tells me anything or why alban is a good lynch. It's waiving a popularity sign at me. Unless it's Navy/alban, then scum bussed Math.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3580 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:40 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Why would I bus Math when I'm in a pool containing confirmed scum and they're not?

Do you think that your sibling would have been, like, okay with that? Do you not think that if I was actually trying to bus them they would have totally fucking lost their shit at me?
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3581 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:55 am

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 3578, alban wrote:Some funny translations from asshole language to english.
1. 'people think alban is more likely to be scum' - meaning when alban turns town, the person who said this need not be held accountable.
2. 'there is almost certainly a scum between you and alban' - meaning 'would you rather that we lynch you than alban?' classical hand-wringing.
3. 'there is almost certainly a scum between you and alban' - meaning when alban flips town, we will be on you.
4. 'this isn't because we are trying to shut you out' - it's now we vs. you (titus).
5. 'we've somehow organically formed some sort of townbloc' - and when alban flips town, we will have started a mini mafia game with 7 players and Day1. Coz we wouldn't know shit about who's who in that supposed townblock.
6. 'you'd be interested in applying by hammering alban?' - oh waait, not subtle anymore. join my crusade or else...
7. 'it seems like you are just sitting here repeatedly opposing the townbloc, and that is suspicious to me.' - i can see the future, can you? like i can predict who will be the lynch tomorrow.
1. Yeah, no shit. How are you going to hold one person responsible for something that everybody agrees on? That don't make no sense.

2. Or, you know, simple deduction.

3. Actually, Titus might actually look less bad if you flip town, because she's been resisting your lynch.

4. I mean, is that what that's saying? We're not trying to shut her out. But if we don't agree with her, then what do you want? "Nobody agrees with your ideas, but let's all do go with them anyway and see how they work out." Why would anybody ever do that?

5. Me, RC, giga, Gamma, and Vedith are in the townbloc. We're not just magically lost if you somehow flip town.

6. I mean, probably. If she continually resists lynches on scum, then we're probably going to make the assumption that she's scum. That seems pretty fair to me. If it turns out you're not scum, she's not going to get heat for not going along with it. It doesn't mean she might not still be scum, it just means that she's not scum for resisting your lynch.

7. I mean, it'll depend on the two Cop results. But yeah, I think there's a possibility that Titus will be the lynch tomorrow. Could be Navy though. We'll see how it plays out.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3582 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:07 am

Post by Titus »

In post 3580, RadiantCowbells wrote:Why would I bus Math when I'm in a pool containing confirmed scum and they're not?

Do you think that your sibling would have been, like, okay with that? Do you not think that if I was actually trying to bus them they would have totally fucking lost their shit at me?
To gain cred. You bus a lot in ways I disagree with anyway.

Yes, I do think my sibling would be ok with being bussed. It creates a win win setup for you scum.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3583 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:07 am

Post by Titus »

We distanced in our recent scumgame quite effectively.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3584 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:09 am

Post by Titus »

In post 3581, Kelvin Smith wrote:4. I mean, is that what that's saying? We're not trying to shut her out. But if we don't agree with her, then what do you want? "Nobody agrees with your ideas, but let's all do go with them anyway and see how they work out." Why would anybody ever do that?

5. Me, RC, giga, Gamma, and Vedith are in the townbloc. We're not just magically lost if you somehow flip town.
Except no one actually disagrees with me on Navy but RC who isn't town.

No one provides a reason for alban being scum.

No one disagrees on Navy being a liability. You're just trying to cajole me into lynching Alban.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #3585 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:10 am

Being bussed in general? Yeah, fine. I asked if she would be fine being bussed by
me
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #3586 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:15 am

They
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3587 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:19 am

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 3579, Titus wrote:
In post 3577, Kelvin Smith wrote:
That's because it's not town cohesion. The copping of Gamma is ok because his result can be trusted I guess. I see the point in that. Yet, it does nothing towards solving the confirmed scum problem. Navy cannot remain. Almost everytime a lurker remains here, town loses. This is major buddying.
It's not town cohesion because...?

And a lurker is a problem, absolutely. But there are bigger fish to fry right now. We don't need to policy lynch a lurker when we've got strong scum candidates, like we have the past couple days.
In post 3579, Titus wrote:What do you think happens tomorrow? Navy lives and I get lynched because I "provide no utility" because I disagree. Navy gets to go on without making any contribution for dayphases.
No, you wouldn't be lynched for having no utility. You'd be lynched if we thought you had a good chance of being scum. What's so wrong about that? YOu've got to roll scum at some points Titus, so why is it wrong that we'd think you might be scum here?
In post 3579, Titus wrote:Your argument is circular. This is a good lynch because we agree. We agree because we are town. Because we are town, this is a good lynch. None of that tells me anything or why alban is a good lynch. It's waiving a popularity sign at me. Unless it's Navy/alban, then scum bussed Math.
Yes. Which is why it could be Navy/Alban. But it could also be you. Or it could possibly be RC, though I find that unlikely. Hell, one could even make the argument that it was giga or I. But it still means that most of the town agreed it was a good lynch.

And I'm not saying that town agreeing that a lynch is good makes the lynch good. Town agreeing that the lynch is good just means that town are more likely to be comfortable with the lynch. If we fuck up and lose, then at least we lost on our own terms. But if we succeed and win, then we won with a consensus.

Honestly, this turnaround is fucking incredible. After that absolutely venomous exchange I got in with Vedith yesterday, I'm pleasantly surprised that we've been able to work together and I've definitely come to respect him because of it. Before I joined this game, it was an inactive mess and I thought the town was in a terrible position. But now, I think we're on our way to an easy win. This game has actually become what I think Mafia should be. Like, I'm even starting to rethink my stance on reads after everything I've seen here. They might not be completely useless after all.
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3588 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:26 am

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 3584, Titus wrote:
In post 3581, Kelvin Smith wrote:4. I mean, is that what that's saying? We're not trying to shut her out. But if we don't agree with her, then what do you want? "Nobody agrees with your ideas, but let's all do go with them anyway and see how they work out." Why would anybody ever do that?

I disagree that Navy is scum. Everybody agrees that Navy is useless.
In post 3584, Titus wrote:No one provides a reason for alban being scum.
You were saying that about Math yesterday and you are doing the same about alban now. Do you actually read the game? Because people are fucking saying these things you say they aren't saying.
In post 3584, Titus wrote:No one disagrees on Navy being a liability. You're just trying to cajole me into lynching Alban.
No, I think we all agree that Navy is a liability. But we also all agree that alban is scum. And I'll lynch scum over a liability any day of the week.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3589 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:28 am

Post by Titus »

@Kelvin, It's only less venomous because you're suggesting you might lynch me. It's bribery and blackmail, not logical deductions. This isn't mafia. This hasn't been scumhunting since you showed up. Vedith and I were working together fine before you and RC showed up. You left an opening for RC to buddy you. There's zero communication for you to attempt to persuade or do anything. Only threats.

You agree Navy is not protown. I disagree on alban being scum. No reasons. Do what you want or else. I'd rather be mislynched and watch y'all lose than deal with this anymore.

@RC, Yeah, why would you scum be different? Why won't you vote Navy?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3590 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:30 am

Post by Titus »

In post 3588, Kelvin Smith wrote:
In post 3584, Titus wrote:

I disagree that Navy is scum. Everybody agrees that Navy is useless.
In post 3584, Titus wrote:No one provides a reason for alban being scum.
You were saying that about Math yesterday and you are doing the same about alban now. Do you actually read the game? Because people are fucking saying these things you say they aren't saying.
In post 3584, Titus wrote:No one disagrees on Navy being a liability. You're just trying to cajole me into lynching Alban.
No, I think we all agree that Navy is a liability. But we also all agree that alban is scum. And I'll lynch scum over a liability any day of the week.
And then why can no one provide a fucking reason other than opposing me? I get I was wrong on Math but that doesn't mean it wasn't a lucky shot. There's still nothing.

Navy wouldn't be protected this hard if she was town.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #3591 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:34 am

Because math fucking hates me and wouldn't lie down and let me bus them??
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3592 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:34 am

Post by Titus »

You can't even tell me WHY everyone agrees with you? That's a sign you bullied people into just shutting the fuck up and bribed the rest.

Alban is flipping town. Lynch me tomorrow if I am wrong because Navy and RC are never getting lynched if I keep getting told obey or else and lurker scum coasts with RC help.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3593 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:35 am

Post by Titus »

In post 3591, RadiantCowbells wrote:Because math fucking hates me and wouldn't lie down and let me bus them??
Math does whatever us necessary for their team to win. They also don't hate you and started a new job.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #3594 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:37 am

Okay, maybe? Like I am not gonna tell you what they think.

But I would expect them to basically game throw if I tried to bus them, especially with their scum ego. I wouldn't have done it.

Does the way they talked to me look svs?
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3595 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:40 am

Post by Vedith »

@Titus/RC given that I was calling math Titus and Navy a team yesterday, and since Math flipped Scum. Who do you suspect I would have copped last night?
I claim scum \o/
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3596 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:03 am

Post by Titus »

@RC, Yes.

@Vedith, I'd presume me or Navy. Yet, you have no inno on me or guilty on Navy so...
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3597 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:11 am

Post by Vedith »

Okay, why am I not dead? It was pretty obvious I wanted Navy lynched, and it was pretty obvious Navy would have been a prime cop check for me.

If you're town I think it's Gamma and Alban.
If you're scum then it's either Alban or Gigga.

Lynching scum Alban today means town win anyway.

I changed my mind on Navy. You should have shown more interest when I first wanted to lynch her.
I claim scum \o/
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3598 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:17 am

Post by Titus »

In post 3597, Vedith wrote:Okay, why am I not dead? It was pretty obvious I wanted Navy lynched, and it was pretty obvious Navy would have been a prime cop check for me.

If you're town I think it's Gamma and Alban.
If you're scum then it's either Alban or Gigga.

Lynching scum Alban today means town win anyway.

I changed my mind on Navy. You should have shown more interest when I first wanted to lynch her.
You're not dead because you floated lynching me Vedith, like you always do.
I also went after Navy.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3599 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:20 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 3598, Titus wrote:You're not dead because you floated lynching me Vedith, like you always do.
I also went after Navy.
Correct, I did. So even more so of a reason I check Navy over you if I'm lynching you anyway...?
I remember you calling me and Mutton scum and Math town when I called you, Navy and Math scum. I didn't see you trying to push Navy then. I guess you thought Navy would be a fun mis lynch later in the game?
I claim scum \o/

Return to “Completed Open Games”