Newbie 1810 - Super Vanilla (GAMEOVER)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:45 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 296, NotTheRealPaul wrote:
In post 293, Mjollnir wrote:Holy fuck Osuka

VOTE: Osuka

For someone who was early saying how much he hated quicklynching, that is an EXTREMELY suspicious post you just made there.
lol mm ur not getting me mislynched tmr
why do you think thinkbig will flip scum
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:48 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 298, NotTheRealPaul wrote:
In post 295, MarioManiac4 wrote:Paul is a very good lynch tomorrow if TB flips scum.
also sorry for triple post but id like to know why u think this
You're derailing TB lynch, largely on things that aren't really consequential at all, such as it being a "policy lynch" (it isn't.) Your vote on Osuka seems reachy. I'd understand if it was like Mjollnir's vote, but it isn't. You're just saying "we shouldn't lynch this early" and somehow that makes osuka lynchable?
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:03 am

Post by Scorpious »

I think its the best lynch for information. A scum flip is good for obvious reasons. A town flip directly implicates RC and is a great jumping off point for D2. I am still waiting for the amplified activity we were promised from RC since Boon is gone.
"Would you like to know more?"

I am like a renaissance artist. People appreciate me more after I am dead

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

People always fear what they don't understand
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:48 am

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

In post 300, MarioManiac4 wrote:
In post 296, NotTheRealPaul wrote:

For someone who was early saying how much he hated quicklynching, that is an EXTREMELY suspicious post you just made there.
lol mm ur not getting me mislynched tmr
why do you think thinkbig will flip scum
worded my post badly. didnt mean to imply i think tb would flip scum.
In post 301, MarioManiac4 wrote:
In post 298, NotTheRealPaul wrote:
In post 295, MarioManiac4 wrote:Paul is a very good lynch tomorrow if TB flips scum.
also sorry for triple post but id like to know why u think this
You're derailing TB lynch, largely on things that aren't really consequential at all, such as it being a "policy lynch" (it isn't.) Your vote on Osuka seems reachy. I'd understand if it was like Mjollnir's vote, but it isn't. You're just saying "we shouldn't lynch this early" and somehow that makes osuka lynchable?
osuka's vote is essentially a policy lynch as is scorpius'. Yours is meta, and I think meta in general is kinda crappy as it is ez tp change. my vote is because of literally the same reasons as mjolnirs. I said that I believe in the post after the on where I quoted his vote. Amd if u didnt understand the first time I was quoting mjolners vote/explanation bcuz i agreed with it and it was part of the reasoning for my vote but then i responded to u and forgot the pedit in that same post.

Also ur misrepping me. Im not against a lynch rn, but I think TB should be given a bit more time. The wagon is mostly crap too so im against it.
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:49 pm

Post by osuka »

i mean flame me all you want, and I'd quote myself if you hadn't already. Let me quote your next post for quick reference:
Spoiler:
In post 299, Mjollnir wrote:For reference, compare this:
In post 95, osuka wrote:
In post 94, MarioManiac4 wrote:why do you think a no-lynch is better than a town lynch
I never voted for a no lynch, we still have at least some 260 hours to decide on a lynch. I just don't wanna waste all of that and i don't think it's at all unreasonable
and this:
In post 98, osuka wrote: that's also interesting to me - one would think that reads would get better over time, not worse. For context, in text-based mafia, scum will either try to get a mislynch as quick as possible (because the longer they wait, the more town closes in on them), because everything is inherently less elaborate (and more quick-witted).

I'm also used to a setup with more investigative roles, so the town gets multiple chances at finding the mafia every night sequence - which means the mafia gets another incentive to lynch, and lynch fast.

So my background is different from yours and it's taking some time adjusting. The point of this game is for me to get used to things, so please stop me and ask whenever I say something that's out of place or just super weird.

I'm curious: how many games do you guys have, and have you guys played any other form of the game?
With what Osuka just said up there in regards to ThinkBig. That hypocrisy and contradiction is scummy as hell.

so what's the difference here, you're gonna ask me? the difference is that back when I unvoted at l-2, all I wanted to do with my vote was put a little pressure on martin; right now, I'm willing to lynch that slot.

Let me be very clear when I say this isnt 100% a policy lynch. This is a "I had a strong scumread on boon before he got replaced and tb didn't fucking do anything" lynch, so it's more me having a scummy read on the slot than anything; the fact that TB didn't do shit this game just being the cherry on top of the cake here.

Scorpious wrote:I think its the best lynch for information. A scum flip is good for obvious reasons. A town flip directly implicates RC and is a great jumping off point for D2. I am still waiting for the amplified activity we were promised from RC since Boon is gone.
agreed though I'm betting 65-35 it'll flip scum

@paul read the above
not a policy lynch as you guys seemed to think it was

if youre gonna read a post please read all of it. let me quote myself here, bold added for emphasis because no matter how short my posts are, people still seem to be fucking incapable of reading everything
osuka wrote:all aboard the lynch train

im just pissed and really blown away that we're getting to post 300 and the ic slot has achieved jack shit. tb hasn't said fuck all since he subbed in and if he's gonna keep up the pace of 1 page/24h, we might as well get this game day over with and get him lynched. Bear in mind he said he started page 2 over 3 hours ago

I had a scumread on boon and I can barely read tb because he hasn't posted literally anything of substance - though that could be a scumtell
, and I just wanna get this slot the fuck out of here. so let's see how l-1 plays out

VOTE: ThinkBig

all of you who have failed to say anything of substance within the past 2-3 pages, can you please start playing already?
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:30 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

U have a paragraph in therw about lynching TB cuz he hasnt done shit. Apologies for thinking this was a policy vote.

Why did u SR boon then?

Also, no one "flamed" u. Flamed implies we attacked u personally. Oy thing attgacked was ur vote.
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:06 pm

Post by mallowgeno »

Prodding Martin and Locke
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:05 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Ugh I promise tomorrow. I'm in a bad state physically due to various overlapping health issues and this game is hard.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:11 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 305, NotTheRealPaul wrote:U have a paragraph in therw about lynching TB cuz he hasnt done shit. Apologies for thinking this was a policy vote.

Why did u SR boon then?

Also, no one "flamed" u. Flamed implies we attacked u personally. Oy thing attgacked was ur vote.
tiptoeing around a lot of reads, doing a complete 180 on mjollnir over the span of a page and a half, and generally not feeling like he was being completely transparent at any point in time
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:23 pm

Post by Scorpious »

In post 307, RadiantCowbells wrote:Ugh I promise tomorrow. I'm in a bad state physically due to various overlapping health issues and this game is hard.
Everyone gets one "I'm sick" or "my dog died" or "i had to go get drunk" lenience from me..

After that. You are considerered lurking or useless by me.. Feel bettet..

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:36 pm

This game will happen.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:17 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

can ppl not on tbwagon explain why he hasn't read 2 pages yet
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:55 am

Post by mallowgeno »

Vote Count 1.7
osuka (1) - MartinNikolai, Mjollnir, NotTheRealPaul
Locke113
NotTheRealPaul
Mjollnir
MartinNikolai
Scorpious
RadiantCowbells
MarioManiac4
ThinkBig (4) {L-1} - RadiantCowbells, Scorpious, MarioManiac4, osuka

With 9 alive it will take
to lynch!

Deadline to lynch is
(expired on 2017-07-22 07:00:00)
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:17 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 311, MarioManiac4 wrote:can ppl not on tbwagon explain why he hasn't read 2 pages yet

Pretty much this..

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:45 am

Post by osuka »

can people not on tbwagon also explain what was their read on boon?
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:00 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

actually even better tb is now online so if he still feels like pretending to be town i guess he can explain it himself :]
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:22 am

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

Alright u gotta point.

TB hasnt done crap and I know he has been online.

TB u got a defense?

pedit: lol great minds

oh and this is pretty much intent
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:23 am

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

@osuka didnt have much of a read on boon. Thought his thing with RC was NAI. :/
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:29 am

Post by osuka »

In post 299, Mjollnir wrote:For reference, compare this:
In post 95, osuka wrote:
In post 94, MarioManiac4 wrote:why do you think a no-lynch is better than a town lynch
I never voted for a no lynch, we still have at least some 260 hours to decide on a lynch. I just don't wanna waste all of that and i don't think it's at all unreasonable
and this:
In post 98, osuka wrote: that's also interesting to me - one would think that reads would get better over time, not worse. For context, in text-based mafia, scum will either try to get a mislynch as quick as possible (because the longer they wait, the more town closes in on them), because everything is inherently less elaborate (and more quick-witted).

I'm also used to a setup with more investigative roles, so the town gets multiple chances at finding the mafia every night sequence - which means the mafia gets another incentive to lynch, and lynch fast.

So my background is different from yours and it's taking some time adjusting. The point of this game is for me to get used to things, so please stop me and ask whenever I say something that's out of place or just super weird.

I'm curious: how many games do you guys have, and have you guys played any other form of the game?
With what Osuka just said up there in regards to ThinkBig. That hypocrisy and contradiction is scummy as hell.
also just for the record: this argument is bullshit and here's why

in 95, i was being cautious and I unvoted because of the reasons in 98; however, if you read the full post, you'll notice something interesting:
In post 98, osuka wrote:
In post 96, MarioManiac4 wrote:ok then- second paragraph made me think you wanted to no-lynch.
wasting time is how you get apathatic games, shitty deadline wagons which ALWAYS flip town, and generally the more time that is used the worse reads are (for example Civilisation mafia which was 749 pages long ended in a perfect Mafia victory)
that's also interesting to me - one would think that reads would get better over time, not worse. For context, in text-based mafia, scum will either try to get a mislynch as quick as possible (because the longer they wait, the more town closes in on them), because everything is inherently less elaborate (and more quick-witted).

98 is a reply,
in agreement
, to mario's response explaining why 95 is wrong. you could even argue that I did a complete 180 (which I did), though you can't say it was without reason because mm was the one who pointed out my reasoning for being overly careful was wrong to begin with. 300 posts is some decent time for you to start adjusting :)

if anything, it was you who was giving me a super hard time over like three pages for unvoting at l-2 and justifying it with text mafia experience. You yourself had pointed out that I already knew hammering would be super scummy and yet I was super cautious as to not let anyone do it; so why is it a problem now that I voted l-1? Would hammering not be scummy anymore?

as I see it, I'm not as hypocritical as you make me sound - and you're right up here with me :)
Locke113
Locke113
Goon
Locke113
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:23 am

Post by Locke113 »

In post 311, MarioManiac4 wrote:can ppl not on tbwagon explain why he hasn't read 2 pages yet
Could be anything from laziness to lack of interest in the game or even that hes reluctant scum. I'm not sure about the idea of lynching someone based on inactivity though his apparent inability to bring himself to read more than one page of the game per day is taking it to the extreme so if he doesn't get going soon I will consider hammering him. I want to give him a bit longer before deciding whether or not to do that though
In post 314, osuka wrote:can people not on tbwagon also explain what was their read on boon?
Boon was lean scum for me, not scummy enough that I would jump for the chance to hammer his slot but scummy enough that I was suspicious of him. If Tb doesn't actually read the game soon then my read may go from lean to full on scum
Mjollnir
Mjollnir
Goon
Mjollnir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:43 am

Post by Mjollnir »

Locke has pretty much beaten me to the punch here, I'll willingly admit it could be scummy that he hasn't posted yet, however I don't think it is necessarily AI. Certainly there are more indesputibly scummy things that people have done in this game. This combined with how quick the wagon has sprung up on TB really gives me a strong feeling that this is a scum-powered wagon. I'm not
completely
against the idea of lynching this slot dependant on what TB does, Boon did some questionable things and I will post a full analysis of him following this post, however I think this wagon is weak and suspect and genuinely right now if TB were hammered I would predict he flips town.

I find it curious too that people seem more willing to get TB lynched than hear him speak and give his opinions on things. Sure he's being very slow about it, but we have 8 and a half days from here till deadline. My thoughts are that town, even if they genuinely feel TB to be scum, will at least wait until he has posted his thoughts so that this can be used for information later to try and figure out who his buddy is. This is another reason I am very suspicious of Osuka's specific wording in the post where he voted him.
In post 291, osuka wrote:all aboard the lynch train

im just pissed and really blown away that we're getting to post 300 and the ic slot has achieved jack shit. tb hasn't said fuck all since he subbed in and if he's gonna keep up the pace of 1 page/24h,
we might as well get this game day over with and get him lynched
. Bear in mind he said he started page 2 over 3 hours ago

*snip*
That specific wording goes against a crucial town objective, and it goes against your previous stances on taking our time in making sure we lynch correctly.

Speaking of which:
Spoiler:
In post 318, osuka wrote:98 is a reply, in agreement, to mario's response explaining why 95 is wrong. you could even argue that I did a complete 180 (which I did), though you can't say it was without reason because mm was the one who pointed out my reasoning for being overly careful was wrong to begin with. 300 posts is some decent time for you to start adjusting
I see no direct evidence that you changed your mind here in Post or later in the game. Indeed in your Post you agree with me arguing with Mario on the issue of you being against quicklynching, this does not indicate you changed your mind on the issue at that point. Still, I will give you a chance to lay out here why lynching this slot before he has spoken at all is a good idea and different to not wanting to quicklynch Martin before in terms of being protown.

In Post you give out your reasons for finding Boon scummy, why did you wait till now to vocalise them? Why not when you originally said he looked scummy in Post when you mentioned you liked him for scum? Or when you put him on L-1?
In post 318, osuka wrote:if anything, it was you who was giving me a super hard time over like three pages for unvoting at l-2 and justifying it with text mafia experience. You yourself had pointed out that I already knew hammering would be super scummy and yet I was super cautious as to not let anyone do it; so why is it a problem now that I voted l-1? Would hammering not be scummy anymore?

as I see it, I'm not as hypocritical as you make me sound - and you're right up here with me :)
The earlier stance on someone appearing scummy was based on quicklynching early in a game, this is somewhat different in that there would be some apparent justification on the player being strung up this time that would convince more than a few people that you would have been justified in thinking he was scum; rather than it being an early game wagon mostly based on pressuring the player about one small issue, that if it resulted in a lynch would have gotten way out of hand.

Furthermore I am not being hypocritical in me finding you scummy for this because I am not judging you for this based on my ideals and values, I am judging based off of your own apparent ideals and values, which this sudden stance that TB should be lynched ASAP goes totally against, which is why I don't trust that you are being truthful in your intentions.
Mjollnir
Mjollnir
Goon
Mjollnir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:50 am

Post by Mjollnir »

That Boon post will have to come tomorrow, I've just checked the time, I have to sleep now for work early in the morning.
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:23 pm

Post by mallowgeno »

Replacing Martin if he doesn't post by morning (9 hours from this post)
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:14 pm

Strongtown: {RadiantCowbells, Mjollnir}
Town: {Oskua, MarioManiac4, Locke}
Leantown: {MartinNikolai}
-null-
Nullscum: {Scorpious, NotTheRealPaul}
Scummy: {ThinkBig}
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:14 pm

IF I had to pick a scumteam right now, it's TB/NotTheRealPaul

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”