Open 694: Friends and Enemies (Game Over!)

ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:06 am

Post by ThinkBig »

Vote Count 1.6

wavemode
(3): Flubbernugget, EchoVision, GameNBurger
Transcend
(2): SunChild, Mantichora
bombcat
(2): jjh927, ConnorJC
Egg
(2): Transcend, bombcat
SunChild
(1): wavemode

Not Voting
(3): Sesq, Raya36, Egg

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2017-07-20 22:35:25)
I have officially retired this account. My new account is Virtuoso.
Agent Sparkles
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:07 am

Post by Agent Sparkles »

In post 596, ThinkBig wrote:
Hi everyone! My name is ThinkBig and I will be your friendly backup moderator. I will be taking over in Agent Sparkles absence. My colour will be orange.
I guess ThinkBig already told you the news. I won't be here from the 22nd to the 30th and he'll be taking full control during that time.
"There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line." -Oscar Levant
bombcat
bombcat
Goon
bombcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:08 am

Post by bombcat »

am i allowed to post on those days his wiki page says i can't play
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:12 am

Post by havingfitz »

In post 598, bombcat wrote:hi havingfitz i can't say i approve of your picture but i will try not to hold it against you
I'll try to keep that in mind if I ever ask your opinion on it.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:17 am

Post by wavemode »

None of the rolefishing plays you guys seem to think bombcat is making are remotely worth getting lynched over, putting the scum team at an instant disadvantage.
bombcat wrote:VOTE: egg

you're voting me with an excuse instead of a read, there's no way you think i think the masons will out because i called jjh727 a mason
But then, like the voice of God, he posts this while I'm in the middle of writing this post... This vote could be scum motivated. It's pure, self-admitted OMGUS. If it were an isolated incident I wouldn't say anything but he also has an OMGUS scum read on jjh. He could have called jjh a mason so that nobody would think anything about him dying in the night.
retired...?
bombcat
bombcat
Goon
bombcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:25 am

Post by bombcat »

i don't have a scum read on jjh727 i considered the possibility that he could be scum but i still think he is a town aligned role which i'm not allowed to say my scum read on egg isn't omgus i am the lowest hanging fruit in to put a vote on and he looks like he's grasping to justify doing it i would have given the same vote if he did that to someone else like if i was bombcat2 and i saw bombcat1 do what i was doing and then egg said the stuff he said and then egg voted bombcat1 i would definitely be voting egg
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:30 am

Post by wavemode »

If egg is scum for doing that then why isn't connor?
retired...?
bombcat
bombcat
Goon
bombcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:37 am

Post by bombcat »

because i think he actually believes i'm mafia (like how he acts in post 494) and because from what i remember he's been putting a lot of effort into pursuing other reads without trying to get direct action/lynches out of them and because he's v/la
bombcat
bombcat
Goon
bombcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:41 am

Post by bombcat »

i think egg's post 547 shows effort on a surface level sort of bordering on narrating the game, i don't think he's thinking too hard about anyone's alignment
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:02 am

Post by wavemode »

Welp that's all I got. Still very skeptical that bomb is scum here.
retired...?
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:12 am

Post by Egg »

In post 591, Transcend wrote:Is bomb actually scummy or do you just have an issue with him?
He's scummy. If I was policy voting, it would be too hard to choose in this game.
bombcat wrote:you're voting me with an excuse instead of a read, there's no way you think i think the masons will out because i called jjh727 a mason
You have people talking about masons. That makes it MUCH easier to tell who is or is not a mason. I'm pretty sure that was your goal. I'm not even trying to figure it out and already know of one person who can't be a mason.
wave wrote:This vote could be scum motivated. It's pure, self-admitted OMGUS. If it were an isolated incident I wouldn't say anything but he also has an OMGUS scum read on jjh. He could have called jjh a mason so that nobody would think anything about him dying in the night.
I agree about the OMGUS (at least on me, not sure on jjh). The last bit is interesting and not something I'd have thought of.
bombcat wrote: i am the lowest hanging fruit
Actually that would have been wave at the time I voted. If you were the easiest lynch, I wouldn't be having so much trouble pushing it.
bombcat wrote:I think egg's post 547 shows effort on a surface level sort of bordering on narrating the game, i don't think he's thinking too hard about anyone's alignment
You didn't read it then because I re-evaluated a few reads (connor and flubber come to mind) while I was reading and I feel like I made good points against sesq.

V/LA until Monday night

I work 16 hour days tonight and tomorrow. Will try to check in between those shifts if the thread hasn't exploded. Busy Sunday too.
bombcat
bombcat
Goon
bombcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:28 am

Post by bombcat »

In post 610, Egg wrote: I agree about the OMGUS (at least on me, not sure on jjh). The last bit is interesting and not something I'd have thought of.
you are LITERALLY honeydicking wave because he acted like he was gonna flip on me with a little encouragement
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:39 am

Post by wavemode »

The thing about my brief bombcat theory is that it sort of hinged on bombcat being stupid. But I don't think bombcat is stupid.
retired...?
bombcat
bombcat
Goon
bombcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:06 am

Post by bombcat »

thast where yer wrong bucko
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:01 am

Post by Sesq »

In post 581, wavemode wrote:
In post 576, GameNBurger wrote:Yeah Im still feeling the wave lynch

I feel like I might have been played and he's the kind of scum that intentionally likes picking fights that are meaningless
Why do you feel the need to constantly re-justify this vote? You sound like someone trying to protect themself from an eventual town flip.
what is that even supposed to mean?

In post 582, Egg wrote:
In post 573, Sesq wrote:Yeah, but you put him as your top scumread

and that's just really naiive

maybe he is, probably he isnt.
Outting the masons is a pro-scum move. So yes, I think he's scum for trying to do it.
echo wrote:bombcat isn't trying to out the masons... he said one person was obv mason and probably wasn't even right. it's not like he's mason hunting
He's fishing for reactions.
>implying scum are always scummy and town are always towny

you're proving otherwise
In post 604, wavemode wrote:None of the rolefishing plays you guys seem to think bombcat is making are remotely worth getting lynched over, putting the scum team at an instant disadvantage.
bombcat wrote:VOTE: egg

you're voting me with an excuse instead of a read, there's no way you think i think the masons will out because i called jjh727 a mason
But then, like the voice of God, he posts this while I'm in the middle of writing this post... This vote could be scum motivated. It's pure, self-admitted OMGUS. If it were an isolated incident I wouldn't say anything but he also has an OMGUS scum read on jjh. He could have called jjh a mason so that nobody would think anything about him dying in the night.
you're acting as if omgus is a bad thing

if someone makes a bullshit case on you you vote them. no shame in that, and it really looks like you're just trying to buzzword around to get a lynch on them.

combined with earlier asspulls i cannot believe you are pushing this lynch in honesty
In post 609, wavemode wrote:Welp that's all I got. Still very skeptical that bomb is scum here.
you're already dressing up your language to diminish the importance of those posts

what the fuck

vote this

i was kinda unsure before but yeah i dont think you can be town anymore

VOTE: wavemode
In post 610, Egg wrote: You didn't read it then because I re-evaluated a few reads (connor and flubber come to mind) while I was reading and I feel like I made good points against sesq.
you did none of these things

your logic was invisible or hard to follow
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:38 am

Post by wavemode »

Yes, OMGUS is a bad thing when used to simply discredit the person making a case against you, rather than actually responding to their points. But I don't really need to explain that to you, do I Sesq? You know I don't want bombcat lynched.

These two lines are interesting:
if someone makes a bullshit case on you you vote them. no shame in that, and it really looks like you're just trying to buzzword around to get a lynch on them.

combined with earlier asspulls i cannot believe you are pushing this lynch in honesty
I've been pushing hard today
against
lynching bombcat. "if someone makes a bullshit case on you you vote them" - really? Like bombcat's BS case against me? So you should be praising me for wanting him dead. Except... I don't want him dead. I think he's town. Wait, now you've got me confused.

Oh, okay now it makes sense. You wanted to sheep your buddy but needed a good reason to. Alright, good play I guess. Probably what I'd do in your situation.
retired...?
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:40 am

Post by wavemode »

Though I'd probably find better reasons...
retired...?
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:07 am

Post by Sesq »

In post 615, wavemode wrote:Yes, OMGUS is a bad thing when used to simply discredit the person making a case against you, rather than actually responding to their points. But I don't really need to explain that to you, do I Sesq? You know I don't want bombcat lynched.

These two lines are interesting:

I've been pushing hard today
against
lynching bombcat. "if someone makes a bullshit case on you you vote them" - really? Like bombcat's BS case against me? So you should be praising me for wanting him dead. Except... I don't want him dead. I think he's town. Wait, now you've got me confused.

Oh, okay now it makes sense. You wanted to sheep your buddy but needed a good reason to. Alright, good play I guess. Probably what I'd do in your situation.
i dont really trust what you say

i think that you secretly want him lynched based on how you are framing things

and yes, bombcat did actually address the votes he didnt just go "im town lmao" and then omgus

also "you dont want him lynched you must be partners lmao!!!!!"

this is the sort of thing i expect from you so im not gonna get super angry but the fact that this sort of """""logic""""" is par for the course is incredibly disconcerting
In post 616, wavemode wrote:Though I'd probably find better reasons...
its funny because hypocrisy
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:19 am

Post by wavemode »

I don't think you're partners. I think bombcat is town and you're likely scum.
retired...?
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:32 am

Post by wavemode »

In post 617, Sesq wrote:i think that you secretly want him lynched based on how you are framing things
...and you've concluded this from one post I made, putting forth one theory, even though the whole rest of my ISO has been in defense of him? lol ok buddy

And you know what
really
is telling me you don't actually believe the words coming out of your own mouth, and are just looking for reasons to kill me? You're one of the people who was suspicious of me for only having reads based on SunChild! Lol so putting forth an alternate read and an alternate theory is now making you even more suspicious? Yeah, no. I don't think you're a fool Sesq. This was a calculated move.
retired...?
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:36 am

Post by wavemode »

In post 555, Sesq wrote:if an argument always makes sense in every context then it is pointless. mafia, and logic even, 101.
You're the one who said this and I agreed with it wholeheartedly. You were either lying about being suspicious of me for not having alternate theories, or you're lying about being suspicious of me now. Likely, you're lying about both. But you can't have it both ways.
retired...?
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:40 pm

Post by wavemode »

In post 614, Sesq wrote:
In post 581, wavemode wrote:
In post 576, GameNBurger wrote:Yeah Im still feeling the wave lynch

I feel like I might have been played and he's the kind of scum that intentionally likes picking fights that are meaningless
Why do you feel the need to constantly re-justify this vote? You sound like someone trying to protect themself from an eventual town flip.
what is that even supposed to mean?
Forgot to answer this. I actually thought his post said something different than it does so I had a theory about it that doesn't apply anymore. Sorry GameNBurger.

But the other part of what I said in still stands. He was for some reason suggesting that I picked a fight with him but really it was the other way around with his terrible vibes nonsense. And he admitted my points were valid but not alignment indicative. So it's weird for him to be suggesting now that the things I said were meaningless.
retired...?
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:41 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

Egg,there is a lot of posting here. Can you make a clear cut statement of why wave is town? Your Bombcat vote is also very lacking.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:44 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 547, Egg wrote:Reads, town on top, scum on bottom:
Egg
Raya
Gamenburger
Waveform
Sunchild
Transcend
Connor
Flubber
Echo
Jjh (not scum with bomb)
Mantichora
Sesq
Bombcat

Vote Bombcat
Honestly, the more I look at this, the more I don't like it.
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:08 pm

Post by Raya36 »

In post 565, Egg wrote: Raya, if you think the case against bombcat is spam, you must have missed him trying to out the masons.
I didn't miss it but since there was so little content within his posts I thought of it more as spam than actually trying to find the masons athough I definitely agree that hunting the masons rather than scum is a problem and something town would not do.

Anyway, I think Bombcat might actually be scum. At first I thought he was just messing around when he was calling Jjh a mason, however, now that I look back I think his goal may have been to bring up conversation about the masons and maybe try to out them that way rather than actually mason hunt. He may have thought he could get away with that because messing around and spamming is in his meta. I don't think he actually thinks Jjh is a mason but as had been mentioned earlier maybe he was calling him out to bring up conversation that way they would be easier to find.

VOTE: Bombcat

Return to “Completed Open Games”