Open 688: Diffusion of Power (Game Over)

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3600 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:27 am

Post by Titus »

In post 3599, Vedith wrote:
In post 3598, Titus wrote:You're not dead because you floated lynching me Vedith, like you always do.
I also went after Navy.
Correct, I did. So even more so of a reason I check Navy over you if I'm lynching you anyway...?
I remember you calling me and Mutton scum and Math town when I called you, Navy and Math scum. I didn't see you trying to push Navy then. I guess you thought Navy would be a fun mis lynch later in the game?
No. You refused to cooperate with a town plan that would have resulted in a win.

Now, we'll be lucky to snatch victory from the claws of defeat. You and Gamma have to stand up to Kelvin and RC and I don't see that happening. My reads aren't static. They change with new information. I just am not getting any beyond flips because this has ceased to be mafia. This is shout players down and not fun.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3601 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:41 am

Post by Kelvin Smith »

Titus, if you're town, I truly am sorry that you feel that way. But this is the most beautiful game of Mafia I've ever seen and almost (but not quite) makes me reconsider retiring after my current games end. From my perspective, I can't see how you could say otherwise, other than because you don't agree with the conclusions we've come to.
New main account for the Scummer Formerly Known as Hikari Link.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3602 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:45 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 3600, Titus wrote:No. You refused to cooperate with a town plan that would have resulted in a win.

Now, we'll be lucky to snatch victory from the claws of defeat. You and Gamma have to stand up to Kelvin and RC and I don't see that happening. My reads aren't static. They change with new information. I just am not getting any beyond flips because this has ceased to be mafia. This is shout players down and not fun.
How would it result in a town win exactly?

You realise I'm never lynching Kelvin right? And RC I probably won't.
This is, Titus wants her ego over RC, not shout players down and not fun.
I claim scum \o/
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3603 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:50 am

Post by Kelvin Smith »

Titus, is there any chance that alban is scum here? I really want to know your opinion on this. I don't mean based on anybody else's arguments. I'm asking if you think that there is a chance that alban is scum in this game. And if you do, could you put a percentage on that likelihood?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3604 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:55 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Kelvin you're protecting Vedith right?
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3605 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:10 am

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 3604, RadiantCowbells wrote:Kelvin you're protecting Vedith right?
That's supposed to depend on the alban flip.

Titus, are you sticking to the plan tonight?
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3606 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:11 am

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 3484, Kelvin Smith wrote:
If Gamma claims Night 4 Cop and we lynch scum today

Titus on Vedith
Vedith on Gamma
Kelvin on Gamma
Gamma on anyone of his choosing (do not announce)

It's like this because the only way Vedith dies is if Titus is scum, so Vedith can't die without Titus revealing herself.

Gamma claims Night 4 Cop and we don't lynch scum today

Kelvin on Vedith
Vedith on Gamma
Titus on Gamma

It's like this because Vedith's life is too important here to leave in the hands of Titus. And if Vedith does die, you guys would know that I'm scum, which would be very valuable to the town. Also, Gamma dying would reveal that Titus is scum.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3607 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:18 am

Post by Titus »

In post 3603, Kelvin Smith wrote:Titus, is there any chance that alban is scum here? I really want to know your opinion on this. I don't mean based on anybody else's arguments. I'm asking if you think that there is a chance that alban is scum in this game. And if you do, could you put a percentage on that likelihood?
25%
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3608 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:29 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 3605, Kelvin Smith wrote:That's supposed to depend on the alban flip.

I thought you were protecting me regardless?
I claim scum \o/
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3609 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:53 am

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 3608, Vedith wrote:
In post 3605, Kelvin Smith wrote:That's supposed to depend on the alban flip.

I thought you were protecting me regardless?
Not if Titus agrees to stick to the plan.

If alban flips scum, then there is only one scum left. That means that the only way you'd die with Titus protecting you is if Titus is scum. So me protecting you is unnecessary.

On the other hand, if alban flips town, then I must protect you, because if Titus was scum, she could sacrifice herself to kill you tonight. If you died tonight, we'd know Titus was scum, if she was supposed to be protecting you, but we wouldn't know her partner. And if we weren't on the right track, we'd be in a pinch. That's why it's gotta be me on you if alban is town. And if you die, then everybody would know that I'm scum, which would be very good information for the town, since I'm unsuspected.
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3610 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:59 am

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 3609, Kelvin Smith wrote:If alban flips scum, then there is only one scum left. That means that the only way you'd die with Titus protecting you is if Titus is scum. So me protecting you is unnecessary.
Upon further thought, we could theoretically flip it. If alban flips scum and Titus was assigned to Gamma, then the only way Gamma dies is if Titus is scum. So I guess it's fine regardless.

Current Plan (regardless of alban's flip)

Kelvin on Vedith
Vedith on Gamma
Titus on Gamma
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3611 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:03 am

Post by Titus »

In post 3602, Vedith wrote:
In post 3600, Titus wrote:No. You refused to cooperate with a town plan that would have resulted in a win.

How would it result in a town win exactly?

You realise I'm never lynching Kelvin right? And RC I probably won't.
This is, Titus wants her ego over RC, not shout players down and not fun.
Kelvin shouldn't be lynched.
I still am waiting on why Alban is scum beyond he feels like it.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3612 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:04 am

Post by Titus »

In post 3610, Kelvin Smith wrote:
In post 3609, Kelvin Smith wrote:If alban flips scum, then there is only one scum left. That means that the only way you'd die with Titus protecting you is if Titus is scum. So me protecting you is unnecessary.
Upon further thought, we could theoretically flip it. If alban flips scum and Titus was assigned to Gamma, then the only way Gamma dies is if Titus is scum. So I guess it's fine regardless.

Kelvin on Vedith
Vedith on Gamma
Titus on Gamma
Sure. I'll do this.

It works if we lynch Navy too though but I get the feeling Navy gets to coast.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3613 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:23 am

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 3612, Titus wrote:

Kelvin on Vedith
Vedith on Gamma
Titus on Gamma
Sure. I'll do this.

I assume that if alban flips town, Gamma will at least consider Copping Navy. I assume he'll also consider Copping either you, RC, or giga (probably in that order of likelihood). Hell, he might even consider checking me (though that seems like the height of wastefulness). Point is, I think Navy might not be scum, so I don't think that a policy lynch is the best move here.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #3614 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:37 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I'm copping in (Giga, RC, Navy) as either of (Kelvin, Titus) being scum will likely be evident. What result I go for depends on Albany flip. I'll go for the same alignment Alban flips.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3615 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:39 am

Post by Titus »

In post 3613, Kelvin Smith wrote:

Kelvin on Vedith
Vedith on Gamma
Titus on Gamma
Sure. I'll do this.

I assume that if alban flips town, Gamma will at least consider Copping Navy. I assume he'll also consider Copping either you, RC, or giga (probably in that order of likelihood). Hell, he might even consider checking me (though that seems like the height of wastefulness). Point is, I think Navy might not be scum, so I don't think that a policy lynch is the best move here.
Why?

Why is alban who has been trying scummy? but Navy who can't even post a prod dodge while posting elsewhere town?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3616 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:14 am

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 3615, Titus wrote:

Kelvin on Vedith
Vedith on Gamma
Titus on Gamma
Sure. I'll do this.

Why?

Why is alban who has been trying scummy? but Navy who can't even post a prod dodge while posting elsewhere town?
Because the way that he has been trying is scummy.

Navy's lurking could be unrelated to alignment. I don't know if it is or not. What I do know is that everyone that I suspect to be scum wants to lynch Navy, so I don't want to.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3617 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:40 am

Post by Titus »

In post 3616, Kelvin Smith wrote:

Kelvin on Vedith
Vedith on Gamma
Titus on Gamma
Sure. I'll do this.

Why?

Navy's lurking could be unrelated to alignment. I don't know if it is or not. What I do know is that everyone that I suspect to be scum wants to lynch Navy, so I don't want to.
Your reads are circular. You suspect those who disagree with you, so when they point out scummy behavior you dismiss it.

Navy provides zero benefit to this town alive.

We should wait to get a replacement if you think that slot is town. Otherwise, the only protown move here is to vanish.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3618 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:48 am

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 3617, Titus wrote:
In post 3616, Kelvin Smith wrote:

Kelvin on Vedith
Vedith on Gamma
Titus on Gamma
Sure. I'll do this.

Why?

Your reads are circular. You suspect those who disagree with you, so when they point out scummy behavior you dismiss it.

Navy provides zero benefit to this town alive.

We should wait to get a replacement if you think that slot is town. Otherwise, the only protown move here is to vanish.
Seems like our best bet here is to agree to disagree on this.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #3619 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:39 am

Post by Almost50 »

Dunnstral replaces Navy. Effective immediately.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3620 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:41 am

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 3619, Almost50 wrote:
Dunnstral replaces Navy. Effective immediately.
Well that's that solved. Thanks, Dunnstral!
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #3621 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:41 am

Hi, Dunn!

How are you?
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #3622 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:46 am

Post by Almost50 »

VC 4.03
alban
(4): RadiantCowbells, Vedith, Gamma Emerald, Kelvin Smith,
Dunnstral
(3): gigabyteTroubadour, Titus, alban,

Not Voting
(1): Dunnstral,
With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2017-07-25 20:26:00)

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #3623 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:46 am

Psst hey Dunn if you're town you should just hammer Alban for the win.
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3624 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:47 am

Post by Kelvin Smith »

Dunnstral, feel free to hammer alban.

Return to “Completed Open Games”