farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:28 am

Post by farside22 »

@Elias:

Song lyrics:

I've got tunnel vision.

Seriously I didn't like QB lack of contribution I stated more times then I care to count that I didnt' trust him and had him on a list not just for not lurkering, but not contributing anything. Plus Opie stated he didn't really thing Mgm made really anything with what he stated. I think douth protest too much. His case is weak because he is following you around. I smell newbie scum.
You argue only those who are defending me. You need to either really start reading more from every one or it is exactly what I stated above.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Not Statistically Significant
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:33 am

Post by Elias_the_thief »

Um...newbie scum? Mgm joined in 2004, and I'm 8-1 as scum. Read first, make stupid comment after. The point about what Opie thought it meaningless. Are you telling me that just because Opie said it its true?

Regardless, its bullshit to declare someone scum after their first post.
I play the games rul gud.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:41 am

Post by farside22 »

Elias_the_thief wrote:Um...newbie scum? Mgm joined in 2004, and I'm 8-1 as scum. Read first, make stupid comment after. The point about what Opie thought it meaningless. Are you telling me that just because Opie said it its true?

Regardless, its bullshit to declare someone scum after their first post.
Ah didn't see the 2004 wonder what his last game was because of what he said and how he did it reminds me of a few newbs I've run into that were scum. As for your record well that is why you are not my #1 suspect but you are up there for not looking past your own nose. By the by your town record is 50/50 you may want to actually try and work on those odds better by not being so single minded. :roll:
My point about Opie stating Mgm's case as weak was basically to show I wasn't the only one who thought it was weak.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:46 am

Post by farside22 »

by the by my comment about Akonsas and my single mindness against him that you call crap was true. During his over reaction to my comments he took over a game that I bowed out and replaced me. He made unnecessary comments in that game about me which further fueled my dislike of him. Here is the game if you are interested
Video Game Character Upick - 522 Located in coney Island.
You may think it is crap, but there was no reason for him to talk crap about me in another game that he replaced me. It was unnecessary and I got upset.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:46 am

Post by Rishi »

Day 2 Second Immunity Count

*farside22 – 2 (Holy, Qman)
opie - 1 (Mgm)
Akonas – 1 (Elias_the_thief)
Qman – 1 (farside22)

Not voting: opie, Shanba, Gorgon, Akonas

*Would receive immunity if polls opened today.

Requests to Open Polls: 0

Five votes required to open polls.
Election Day will automatically occur on March 3 11pm EST.
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:48 am

farside22 wrote: As for your record well that is why you are not my #1 suspect but you are up there for not looking past your own nose.
It may seem that way. I play that way as town. I mean, I know whats going on in the game besides our discussion, but why should I divide my attention when I can simply come back to those things later? Why layoff on an attack of my number one?
farside22 wrote: By the by your town record is 50/50 you may want to actually try and work on those odds better by not being so single minded. :roll:
I actually was 1-4 for a time. My town play has greatly improved as a result of my current means of scumhunting. But yeah, you definately know everything about why I've lost as town in the past (hint, its because I was NKed and the rest of the town failed. go read the games).
farside22 wrote: My point about Opie stating Mgm's case as weak was basically to show I wasn't the only one who thought it was weak.
1) Thats an appeal to majority logical fallacy. Just because more people believe it doesnt make it true. If me and three people all agree that the sky is green, it doesnt make it so.
2) That still doesnt justify making him your number one suspect and deciding to vote him, even if the case is weak. It still means in essence that youre voting him because he attacked you. If his case had been strong er in his eyes, Im pretty sure you still wouldve called it weak and voted him.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:59 am

Post by farside22 »

Elias_the_thief wrote: 2) That still doesnt justify making him your number one suspect and deciding to vote him, even if the case is weak. It still means in essence that youre voting him because he attacked you. If his case had been strong er in his eyes, Im pretty sure you still wouldve called it weak and voted him.
Nope I would have fought with him just as I'm fighting against you. I have my own gut feelings on people and what they say thank you very much. In my eyes all you are doing is creating a cycle. Lets say I'm lynched based on your comments and fiery fight against me. How many people would be ready to lynch you when I come up as town? I think you've played enough games to know you've just been made a patsy too. Well that's how I feel with the hascow situation. A patsy. Well if your scum you would know better to back down which I think you would have done. So I'm not as sure because you could be using your arrogance to look good no matter what happens. So you remain at #2 till I can figure out which it is.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:25 am

farside22 wrote: Nope I would have fought with him just as I'm fighting against you. I have my own gut feelings on people and what they say thank you very much.
Well of course thats what you say. But I doubt that your actions would have changed based on the strength of his case.
farside22 wrote: In my eyes all you are doing is creating a cycle. Lets say I'm lynched based on your comments and fiery fight against me. How many people would be ready to lynch you when I come up as town? I think you've played enough games to know you've just been made a patsy too.
Wait, what? Made a patsy? I have no idea what youre talking about.
farside22 wrote:So I'm not as sure because you could be using your arrogance to look good no matter what happens. So you remain at #2 till I can figure out which it is.
Ok...I'm arrogant in games as part of my playstyle, as its easily emulated on both sides of the game, and therefore makes the tone of my posts a nulltell as both alignments. You can take that any way you want to.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:52 am

Post by farside22 »

You obviously didn't read my long post at all when I brought up the fact that I feel like mafia's patsy. You following a trail that hascow brought up and pointing out to all that they should consider it and nothing else is how you look like the next patsy in line unless your scum trying to divert attention to someone since that looks to be the scum plan. Then I go back to my previous comment about how I think you might back down if it could be traced to you, but your aragance may keep you in. I'm in a toss up on that one.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:57 am

um...I was actually just wondering what you meant by "made a pansy" though I guess I understand now. You're way off dude. I'm not at all trying to make everyone pay attention only to you. I am paying attention only to you for the time being, but I will return to other issues later in the day. You say I'm trying to divert attention, but from what? There was no pressure on me until I started attacking you. And no, I wouldnt back down if it could be "traced to me". The implication of being wrong really isnt that important to me, and its not as if I'm set on your lynch. Its just that so far your only responses to me are that I'm being tunnelvisioned. You havent addressed my base arguments against your vote, which is that Mgm made one post, and you cant possibly have reasonably decided on him, therefore your vote in OMGUS. Thats all I'm saying. The fact that you vote someone for posting once against you is ridiculous.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:12 am

Post by farside22 »

Really how long do I wait on Mgm after I felt that QB was doing nothing and offering nothing? Was my vote really OMGUS since I felt that QB was my #2 behind or next to hascow?
Should his vote really bother me? No it's one vote. His comments were really nothing at all and the fact you found something in it because it is directed at me is very fustrating. I see nothing he offered that made any sense and commented about his comment with my own. I still say he is reaching and you are the only one thus far to disagree with me. Why do you like his comment he made so much? What did he say that you think he is not following someone else? Why hasn't he come on to defend himself?
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:26 am

Post by Mgm »

I see nothing he offered that made any sense and commented about his comment with my own. I still say he is reaching and you are the only one thus far to disagree with me. Why do you like his comment he made so much? What did he say that you think he is not following someone else? Why hasn't he come on to defend himself?
Let's address that last question first. I have to give a presentation next monday, so I'm working my butt off to get everything sorted in time. That means I won't post all that much although I will keep up as much as I can. Also, the majority of posts that would even warrant a 'defense' were made today during business hours when I had no chance to check for new messages.

I'd be the first to admit my case isn't stellar, but what you fail to take into account is that it was based on 4 pages of day 1 information. No one -apart from award-winning scumhunters- can have a solid case that soon. That said, the response it yielded is pretty interesting and unless something interesting comes along in the next few pages in my catchup read, I think I'll leave my vote where it is.
Show
"Logic is a systematic method to come to the wrong conclusion."
[u][b]Next:[/b] Doctor Who Mafia[/u]
[u]Testimonials about Mgm:[/u]
:shock: - Stoofer
You put me through hell Mgm, my nerves are crushed :/ - Patrick
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:37 am

Post by farside22 »

Mgm wrote:
I see nothing he offered that made any sense and commented about his comment with my own. I still say he is reaching and you are the only one thus far to disagree with me. Why do you like his comment he made so much? What did he say that you think he is not following someone else? Why hasn't he come on to defend himself?
Let's address that last question first. I have to give a presentation next monday, so I'm working my butt off to get everything sorted in time. That means I won't post all that much although I will keep up as much as I can. Also, the majority of posts that would even warrant a 'defense' were made today during business hours when I had no chance to check for new messages.

I'd be the first to admit my case isn't stellar, but what you fail to take into account is that it was based on 4 pages of day 1 information. No one -apart from award-winning scumhunters- can have a solid case that soon. That said, the response it yielded is pretty interesting and unless something interesting comes along in the next few pages in my catchup read, I think I'll leave my vote where it is.
4 pages is warranted a vote and very little commentary? What the heck is your hurry? This game isn't decided by votes right now. It's the votes after the election that matter. I'm not sure if you were aware of this. Now you got Elias all excited for nothing. :lol:
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:45 am

Post by Akonas »

This farside/Elias thing strikes me as bickering. I want to hear more of content from Shanba and Holy, and Qman. I think we need a real bandwagon or something, and in a game with no real votes and a silently creeping deadline, it's easy to stagnate.

And farside, the votes now do mean something. They show who people think is suspicious and by extension who they will vote for later.
because your brain affects your guts (and vice versa).
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:53 am

Post by farside22 »

Well Akonas if you insist:

Vote count:
2 Votes: farside22 - Mgm, Elias (not offical, but I would say pretty clear.)
1 Vote: Holy - Akonas
1 Vote: Mgm - farside

Not voted: Opie, Holy Gorgon, Qman.

Immunit vote:
*farside22 – 2 (Holy, Qman)
opie - 1 (Mgm)
Akonas – 1 (Elias_the_thief)
Qman – 1 (farside22)

Not voting: opie, Shanba, Gorgon, Akonas
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:08 pm

Post by Mgm »

farside22 wrote:4 pages is warranted a vote and very little commentary? What the heck is your hurry? This game isn't decided by votes right now. It's the votes after the election that matter. I'm not sure if you were aware of this. Now you got Elias all excited for nothing. :lol:
I'm well aware that this game is decided by votes in the election phase, so figured sharing my thoughts as I catch up wouldn't be a bad idea.
Show
"Logic is a systematic method to come to the wrong conclusion."
[u][b]Next:[/b] Doctor Who Mafia[/u]
[u]Testimonials about Mgm:[/u]
:shock: - Stoofer
You put me through hell Mgm, my nerves are crushed :/ - Patrick
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:03 am

Post by Holy »

I noticed, when Mgm voting farside, his reason was kind of forced, not exactly presenting the actual situation, but he did say he hasn't finish the read. His opinion when he finish would be much clearer, whether it means he will end-up stay insisting that case or having another case. So I prefer to take prevention action by giving the immunity vote, if the town really read the game about who did what, I don't think I'm alone for her immunity.

And like I said before, my guts says it's Shanba. But his "still reading" didn't give me much to be sure.

As long as the town subsisting the game and continuing the discussion, it's possible if my suspect may change with much clearer reasoning.
But for now, I can only say if I must vote, my vote will go to Shanba or Mgm.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:40 am

Post by farside22 »

@Holy:
A vote idea helps. We have about 10 days to discuss our thoughts before the polls open which I thought helped out on day one.
opie
opie
Goon
opie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:56 am

Post by opie »

I agree with Shanba that we need to see some more content Shanba, Holy and Qman.

If I had to vote now it would be for Mgm.

One thing bothered my about what Elias_the_thief said in Post 374. He critizes farside22's vote for Mgm after only one post. But I think it's important to remember that before Mgm was QuickBen who's behavior alone could justify a vote in my opinion. Mgm's first post really only added to that. It seemed to me that Mgm seemed to be trying to add some really
really
weak evidence to the farside22 case. It also bothered me that Elias_the_thief was so quick to jump to the OMGUS argument. First, I think that farside22 made it clear that his vote was also in part due to QuickBen's behavior. Second, if farside22 was so eager to vote OMGUS why would he not be urging a wagon on Elias_the_thief.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:14 am

Post by Rishi »

Prodding Shanba.
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:50 am

opie wrote: One thing bothered my about what Elias_the_thief said in Post 374. He critizes farside22's vote for Mgm after only one post. But I think it's important to remember that before Mgm was QuickBen who's behavior alone could justify a vote in my opinion.
Thats my point though. There are like six players that were doing essentially the same exact thing as Quickben. Therefore the tipping point is Mgms vote.
opie wrote: Mgm's first post really only added to that. It seemed to me that Mgm seemed to be trying to add some really
really
weak evidence to the farside22 case.
Dude...It was just his thoughts after reading 4 pages. Are you telling me he shouldnt post his thoughts because theyre too "weak"?
opie wrote: It also bothered me that Elias_the_thief was so quick to jump to the OMGUS argument. First, I think that farside22 made it clear that his vote was also in part due to QuickBen's behavior.
You're right. Farside made it quite clear that she was using quickbens previous behavior as an excuse.
opie wrote: Second, if farside22 was so eager to vote OMGUS why would he not be urging a wagon on Elias_the_thief.
Because I fight back, and Farside was under the impression that Mgm was a noob. Seems like pretty easy to decide which one to OMGUS.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:18 am

Post by Gorgon »

Holy wrote:At first, her case FOSing Akonas when he did self immunity vote was nonsense to me, now because I have re-think about it and consider that as null-tell, I did a re-read objectively, overall I don't find her that scummy and I found a comment from her that I don't think may come from scum.
Which comment was that?
I want to concentrate on playing one game at a time so I'm not available for replacements. If this changes I will change this sig accordingly.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:21 am

Post by farside22 »

Dear Elias,

I stated many times my doubts in QB. Mgm comments and quick vote after four pages and following (usually a newb scum mistake) was the final nail in the coffin. If I never stated my suspicion before then you would be correct in you comments. As it stands Mgm will keep his vote it seems, but does not state anything about continuing his reading.
You are starting to remind me of a few people I've played with. That is not a compliment. Tunnel vision does not win games.

Thank you
opie
opie
Goon
opie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:29 am

Post by opie »

[i]In Post 395[/i] Ectomancer wrote:Dude...It was just his thoughts after reading 4 pages. Are you telling me he shouldnt post his thoughts because theyre too "weak"?
No. But that doesn't mean I should ignore that he is pushing a bad case.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:14 am

farside22 wrote:Dear Elias,

I stated many times my doubts in QB. Mgm comments and quick vote after four pages and following (usually a newb scum mistake) was the final nail in the coffin. If I never stated my suspicion before then you would be correct in you comments. As it stands Mgm will keep his vote it seems, but does not state anything about continuing his reading.
You are starting to remind me of a few people I've played with. That is not a compliment. Tunnel vision does not win games.

Thank you
Dear Farside,

Calling me tunnelvisioned is retarded. I focus on one event at a time, but I never fail to return to events that I missed originally. I find it easier to concentrate on one at a time and more effective. It wins games, and is not the same as tunnelvision, as I am still aware of other events. The thing that makes your vote noteworthy is that you were attacking several lurkers, and QB was not even the most prominent of them. I saw him mentioned 1-2 times rereading all your posts. There were many candidated that could have been voted for this. Additionally, he was not following anyone, as those were all new points, and brought up after only 4 pages of rereading. Not saying that he will continue rereading does not mean he will not, thinking otherwise is simply being needlessly pessimistic. My vote will stay on you for now, as currently the only thing going on is our discussion. Also, its kind of funny to hear you call me tunnelvisioned when the only thing I've really heard you do throughout the game is lurkerhunt.

Thank you.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”