Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:44 am

Post by Drixx »

And now that you know, you still claim that there was nothing original in the Keychain head of P&T's entrance post. I don't recall much or even really ANY discussion of Famethyst objecting to being scumread for NAI reasons, which is one of the main points that was addressed in that post. And
nobody
had taken the time to actually think about MBC's posts and recognize the cognitive dissonance on display.

Your entire case rests on the premise that P&T's Keychain head made a first post that had nothing original and was just recycling stuff we already talked about. That simply isn't the case. You also didn't even bother to spend much time thinking about what mindset produces the posts in the P&T ISO, and your response to me pointing it out is to try and handwave it away as "tiresome".

Mind you ... this "case" of yours was so strong in your mind that you presented the idea that P&T are the obvious lynch for today, based upon a case which wasn't accurate and demonstrated no actual analysis of motive or mindset by you. YOU are the one who is making lazy posts, especially with your wise ass snark and nit picking to avoid owning up to your shit play.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
ButFearItself
ButFearItself
Townie
ButFearItself
Townie
Townie

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:50 am

Post by ButFearItself »

In post 400, Drixx wrote:And now that you know, you still claim that there was nothing original in the Keychain head of P&T's entrance post. I don't recall much or even really ANY discussion of Famethyst objecting to being scumread for NAI reasons, which is one of the main points that was addressed in that post. And
nobody
had taken the time to actually think about MBC's posts and recognize the cognitive dissonance on display.

Your entire case rests on the premise that P&T's Keychain head made a first post that had nothing original and was just recycling stuff we already talked about. That simply isn't the case. You also didn't even bother to spend much time thinking about what mindset produces the posts in the P&T ISO, and your response to me pointing it out is to try and handwave it away as "tiresome".

Mind you ... this "case" of yours was so strong in your mind that you presented the idea that P&T are the obvious lynch for today, based upon a case which wasn't accurate and demonstrated no actual analysis of motive or mindset by you. YOU are the one who is making lazy posts, especially with your wise ass snark and nit picking to avoid owning up to your shit play.
Oof, someone got angry from all that tunneling. Lots of swearing. What the kids call triggered these days. I guess I'll have to dig back and find the posts to show that it was recycled for you.

I like that your natural assumption of Dunn's "naked vote" after my post wasn't the natural intuitive logic that he did it because he agreed with my accurate reasoning (which didn't need references for people who started reading before your claim page 10, which is why no one except you has questioned it in my opinion since we have had thorough references to MBC and DD so far), but instead because we had concocted a ruse in scum daytalk. Fascinating stuff.
ButFearItself
ButFearItself
Townie
ButFearItself
Townie
Townie

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:53 am

Post by ButFearItself »

PS, lunch break is over and I don't have time to dig through 400 posts immediately. I'll get to it tonight in a few hours.

I really do love the idea that my immediate reaction gamestart was to bus my scumbuddy for no reason, for him to bus me, and then for me to make a case and him to blindly agree to it right after. AND that we came up with it in a scum daytalk.

I'll confess that I'm more in love with the idea of if Drixx and I flipped scumbuddies after this past page's interactions. Mmm, it's really tasty.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:03 am

Post by Drixx »

You should read all of my posts in monotone. I generally don't employ emotion in mafia. I can point you to an example of one of the few times I have done so if you really want. It actually involves our game mod, and it's one of the very few times I've actually gotten emotionally invested in mafia. You can believe me or not, but if you want to read me, you would do well to believe me. Emotion (especially negative) doesn't help in mafia. I can call your play shit without disliking you; it's simply my analysis of what you have spilled into the thread so far: shit.

My claim came at the very end of page #5. And since some of the posts in question came after that, it seems unlikely that I somehow missed a substantive discussion of them.

And before you tire yourself out trying to find some isolated mention that I missed: you seem to have missed the point. I'm not arguing there was no talk whatsoever. I'm saying that we did not have an actual discussion about it with even a plurality of the game weighing in. The fact that Famethyst is objecting to being scumread for posts which are NAI is actually a really cogent point, and I am fairly certain nobody went in depth about that before, or else there would have been a Famethyst wagon. Scum tend to be way more defensive about being scumread for the "wrong" reasons than town. That's actual analysis.

As for MBT, I do not actually recall anyone pointing out there was cognitive dissonance and that MBT was basically talking out of both sides of his mouth.

As always; I am not infallible. If there was substantive discussion of these things which I somehow missed, I want to read what people had to say. Especially if P&T was really just taking the idea of another and presenting it as his own ... I want to know who originally did the thinking about things that I'm currently giving P&T credit for in my notes.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:04 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 402, ButFearItself wrote:PS, lunch break is over and I don't have time to dig through 400 posts immediately. I'll get to it tonight in a few hours.

I really do love the idea that my immediate reaction gamestart was to bus my scumbuddy for no reason, for him to bus me, and then for me to make a case and him to blindly agree to it right after. AND that we came up with it in a scum daytalk.

I'll confess that I'm more in love with the idea of if Drixx and I flipped scumbuddies after this past page's interactions. Mmm, it's really tasty.
You admitted that you were a long time player who was returning after a time away. Partners voting one another early and doing soft pushes to distance is commonplace in the current meta.
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:12 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

"You should read all of my posts in monotone"

Yeah "your wise ass snark and shit play" sounds great in monotone :lol:
ButFearItself
ButFearItself
Townie
ButFearItself
Townie
Townie

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:17 am

Post by ButFearItself »

In post 405, Zachstralkita wrote:"You should read all of my posts in monotone"

Yeah "your wise ass snark and shit play" sounds great in monotone :lol:
Plus all the pricks I have from "the cactus up my ass". Phew. I'll do my best to read that in monotone in the future, thanks for the heads up!

I love the "my analysis is real analysis" comments too. Holier than thou.
Penn and Teller
Penn and Teller
Goon
Penn and Teller
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:17 am

Post by Penn and Teller »

Drixx I was basing fondness on my own personal experience in the newbie queu. Despite you being scum I tend to look on anybody who was involved in a game with me especially the newbie queue with a certain fondness. I still standby that your interactions with DD seemed like buddying.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:00 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 404, Drixx wrote:Partners voting one another early and doing soft pushes to distance is commonplace in the current meta.
Shut up, this isn't a game where people follow meta
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:17 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 408, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 404, Drixx wrote:Partners voting one another early and doing soft pushes to distance is commonplace in the current meta.
Shut up, this isn't a game where people follow meta
:lol: :lol:
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:53 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

Is that all you have to say after your catch up Ari? LMAO
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:03 am

Post by MariaR »

Me with this game atm
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:07 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

MariaR wrote:Image

Me with this game atm
I've got your six :!:
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:21 am

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

Drixx can I ask you something. In the newbie game I recall town saying that you aren't posting a lot for an IC and you responded with something like "I am generally better on the later it goes and I tend to post more as the game goes on", however this game you seem to be contributing a lot more d1 and just doing a lot more than you did in the newbie game. I'm not nessaceraly saying it's scummy I'm juts wondering my that is.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:26 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 410, Zachstralkita wrote:Is that all you have to say after your catch up Ari? LMAO
Hahaha Nah man, I'm doing the catchup now :P

Sometimes I just see a gem and have to respond :)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:33 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 196, Boonskiies wrote:
In post 183, Aristophanes wrote:I wonder when Boon is gonna come out and actually play!

His silence saddens me.
yesterday was a buddy's birthday; now I have borderline alcohol poisoning, so I'm kind of not going to be doing much today. If that explains some silence. I'll make a grand entrance eventually.
Oh god, I hope you're feeling better man! You have to take care of yourself!!!
In post 193, Dunnstral wrote:A lurky Giga is a scummy Giga
I agree with this. I mean, just look at Mountainish! That was an amazing show from Town Giga! Do you think it is early enough to make this call though?
In post 199, ButFearItself wrote:
In post 197, Boonskiies wrote:Also, probably my last post for the day because this is making me nauseasous, but go look at Mini 1919? I believe. ThinkBig's game, Tchill/Fykus were scum, but anyways, it's very common for me not to participate early in game, and it shows that there. I actively hate early game.
Awk meta defense by referencing other games is awkward.
Do you think the SelfMeta was awkward and Scummy, awkward and Towny, or awkward and NAI?
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:46 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 204, Famethyst wrote:meh, i reread ari's iso and whatever bad feelings i had are gone

slot's mostly null atm

pedit: dont expect much happening from sitting on your hands and doing nothing then - if you don't like him then you should vote him with me
I really like this post for town Giga! Yay!!
In post 207, Robbnva wrote: I'd rather lynch Zach.
In post 208, Famethyst wrote:sure

VOTE: zach

why's dunkerdoodles lynchbait town and not lynchbait scum?
However, a Zach lynch suggestion sucks. Robb, why Zach? Giga, why sheep this??
I really like his earlygame posts!
- Jingle
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:09 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 413, Dunkerdoodles wrote:Drixx can I ask you something. In the newbie game I recall town saying that you aren't posting a lot for an IC and you responded with something like "I am generally better on the later it goes and I tend to post more as the game goes on", however this game you seem to be contributing a lot more d1 and just doing a lot more than you did in the newbie game. I'm not nessaceraly saying it's scummy I'm juts wondering my that is.
I am always a more aggressive player outside of the newbie queue. I tone myself down there and also experiment with my game.

I'm glad some of you have a sense of humour. I was starting to wonder.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:14 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 226, Dunnstral wrote:UNVOTE:

Would anybody mind if I just led the lynch for today and everyone followed?
I mean, you're probably town so this isn't horrible.
But I can't promise I'll blindly sheep. Sorry!
In post 232, Famethyst wrote:if there is a me lynch today is also a terrible idea so? not rosenberg tier bad but still
I agree you're a bad lynch, at least for D1.
In post 233, Dunnstral wrote:There is a serial killer
What makes you think this?
In post 239, Famethyst wrote:but i really dont see the point here - this isnt mountainish mafia and i dont see the point of making it like it
You three (4? I think Maria is in this too) speaking in code makes this game very hard to follow. I feel lost when I read your posts.
In post 242, Dunnstral wrote:No like there was actually setup information that there is a serial killer that has special effects vs people with too many/too little posts
Oh, I missed this. Let me look back!
In post 0, Titus wrote:This is done through a serial killer that gets additional abilities if town or scum spam or lurk. They get punished if they are the culprit.
Wow, I missed this entirely :facepalm:
So probably 3v9v1. Good to know!
- Jingle
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:22 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 415, Aristophanes wrote:Do you think it is early enough to make this call though?
No they said they had issues so
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:28 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 419, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 415, Aristophanes wrote:Do you think it is early enough to make this call though?
No they said they had issues so
Cool! I am honestly not disliking them from my readthrough, as I noted.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:34 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Ohey! Wake is here!!
I'd forgotten he was in this game :P
In post 258, ButFearItself wrote:
In post 256, ButFearItself wrote:Serial killer talk made me go back and read OP.
OP wrote:1. Players may use a nightkill and any individual ability they have.
@Mod/Players: Doesn't this wording seem to imply that any player with a night PR also has a NK? I could use clarity on what that is trying to imply.
Just reread it with a different inflection. OBV meant that a player with a NK and a PR can use both. Sorry for the confusion.
If I didn't already read you as town I'd read this as a faked town slip. The tone of your post is weird. But I'll overlook it for now.
In post 266, Wake1 wrote:Drixx/Boonskiies/Aristophanes, any of you currently OK with lynching Dunkerdoodles today?
I would not oppose it at all!
In post 277, Wake1 wrote:
In post 156, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 154, Dunkerdoodles wrote:
In post 153, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 152, Dunkerdoodles wrote:but he's literally asking scum to kill him and town can't do anything about it...
Because he doesn't wan't town to waste their actions...
but even if town did use their action on him it wouldn't be wasted because he'd be dead...
Only if he gets targeted!

With his claim, he may be left alive as Wine and he has let Protectives know to go elsewhere, raising their chances of succeeding!

We're obviously at a theory difference here so how about we move on.

What is the point in voting for someone you are positive will be tonight's target?
I can see that. Can he still be investigated? You can understand why I'm still wary, do you?
It appears as if he can still be investigated, and that might be the better route. But I still think a lynch on him at this point is stupid and that he's probably not going to die tn.

I totally get being wary of the slot, but I'm willing to give a townpass for the moment. If you're not, that's cool. I implore you to pressure him! I just think he's a bad lynch :)
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:54 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

I like Wake for town :)
In post 299, Dunnstral wrote:Wake it feels like you ask dead end questions that you don't ever really use
I mean, this is one way to look at it, but I think he looks like he is trying to make people think and rethink their posts, which is towny. He may not use the info, but the players he asks will. This is positive IMO.
In post 306, Wake1 wrote:Something with Aristotle makes me wonder.
Then I am doing a great job as a Philosopher! XD

Fear seems to have a few votes from Dunn and Wake who I townread, but I forget Fear is here most of the time already. I'll look at them later.
In post 322, Drixx wrote:Side note: holy shit we're posting a lot for a mini, lol.
Not with current Site Meta. This is a slow game in comparison to many!
In post 325, Dunnstral wrote:This game feels slow
:lol: You beat me to it! XD
In post 333, Dunkerdoodles wrote:
In post 331, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 327, Wake1 wrote:I was going to say that like Robb, DD shouldn't be Scumread for meta.
...who's scumreading DD for meta?
my meta
is
being scumread
So you're lynchbait?
I get that. This was me for probably my first year of playing, if not more!

This doesn't mean you should just accept it though. Fight back! Give us a reason to townread you!
- Jingle
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:59 pm

Post by Wake1 »

I'm not convinced DD is a good lynch today.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:59 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 337, Drixx wrote:DunkerDoodles is new and makes new player mistakes. Anyone who doesn't admit they were the same at first is a liar.
Lol I should read on before posting :P I agree with this, but I also think he needs to make sure he changes this! It's not easy and takes work, but if he sits back and accepts being lynchbait he won't have fun at all!
In post 335, Drixx wrote:
In post 324, Dunkerdoodles wrote:
In post 317, Wake1 wrote:
In post 314, Dunkerdoodles wrote:
In post 46, Robbnva wrote:I'm not even going to waste my time arguing with anyone who thinks I'm scum

Like I really don't care what y'all think about me.
i don't like this post. i don't know what it's called, but i know it's a common scum tactic where instead of reponding to scumreads and cases on you, you just dismiss it like "you're case is stupid" or "you have no reason to scumread me" or something like that.
i also don't like how he doesn't seem to have any solid scum or townreads, but still has opinions on who to lynch when people ask him.
robb is my top scumread atm, the only thing is i think he softed but im not sure.
i also didn't like dunn's entrance, but he hasn't really done anything else scummy so idk.

i also agree that boon feels off, but i guess it's irl stuff so it's NAI i guess.

wake feels really townie
Dunkerdoodles, that's Robb's meta.

He plays like that.

Don't push him on how he plays.
ok sorry, i haven't played with him before so i didn't know his meta. sorry
Don't you dare cow to anyone. Nobody has the right to tell you that you can't form your own opinions. This is an especially stupid case where people are talking about the STYLE of someone's posts. FFS, I always post in the same free flowing train of thought style, no matter what. Should I always be read a certain alignment because of that? Of course not.

Complete silliness that anyone is even pushing that tripe, and you need to stand up for yourself.
This post is dumb. Support him, but if there is unknown meta he should either accept it or investigate it. Saying "just do you" when in this situation doesn't help him at all!

Sure, he can form his own reads, but he also has to learn from and accept the reads of others!
- Jingle

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”