Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:37 pm

Post by Alisae »

Actually
my townread just strengthened on Nos for very shitty reasons.
GTKAS
| here.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:41 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 474, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 449, morph the cat wrote:@Alisae I don't care about Nosferatu voting the same person as you. I care about him adding heat to that wagon at the point where he added it -- for tone. If I'm not mistaken, kraska's at L-2 now.
I'm very confused where tone comes into play
is it that I put her to L-2 with perceived weak reasoning, ay?
I know that it's difficult to be both comprehensive and poetic
But, yeah. a one word reason plus vote isn't copacetic

Factors are timing and effect
It's like all but get rekt?
when warthogs fly
when warthogs fly
Goon
when warthogs fly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:42 pm

Post by when warthogs fly »

In post 473, Alisae wrote:I still feel like we haven't scratched the surface of this game btw.
that's because weve spent more time playing other games than this one.

UNVOTE:
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:48 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 473, Alisae wrote:I still feel like we haven't scratched the surface of this game btw.
Agree. I've been casting around for a stake in the ground.
In post 475, Alisae wrote:Actually
my townread just strengthened on Nos for very shitty reasons.
What are those reasons? I'm not intentionally trying to be a pain. I'm trying to figure out how to read you, and trying to figure out if my other reads are problematic.

There are quite a few players in this game I have zero experience with. I can't mentally fill in the blanks on their vote and read reasons.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:52 pm

Post by Alisae »

To put it simply
I don't think Nos is faking a post restriction
I think he has one
and I think town for it
and Ithink his flavour
is town

Yeah

I said these were bad reasons
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:58 pm

Post by Alisae »

ffery I get you're not trying to be a pain and you're just trying to read me so it's fine I should probably be a bit more transparent if needed.
GTKAS
| here.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:59 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 479, Alisae wrote:To put it simply
I don't think Nos is faking a post restriction
I think he has one
and I think town for it
and Ithink his flavour
is town

Yeah

I said these were bad reasons
I initially wanted to assume the posting restriction means town. And I sympathize that it makes putting thoughts down harder.. When he made a post yesterday indicating that the posting restriction made him not want to post/catch-up or whatever it was, I felt like that wasn't alignment indicative, but still kinda sympathized.

I don't think it's a safe assumption though. I want to judge him on his content, adjusting for the difficulties.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:01 pm

Post by Alisae »

okay ffery we'll agree to disagree here.
GTKAS
| here.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:07 pm

Post by morph the cat »

We may get to the same place from different directions eventually.

What are your issues with Implosion?
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:11 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 303, Alisae wrote:
In post 280, implosion wrote:
In post 153, Alisae wrote:
In post 106, implosion wrote:
I'm actually inclined to already start towntunneling tammy
and even ceph and know it's too early and I told myself I wouldn't but I am. Although I guess it isn't really tunneling if I'm just interpreting like two posts as moderately town but I can feel the bias creeping in.
The tone in tammy's first post feels like a carbon copy of every other first post she's ever made and I know you said she can fake things like that but. I was half-expecting you to also have a townread on them already.
Few things
A. Why are you hunting Oil Tycoons about something that is kinda really useless to talk about right now?
B. I only care about the bolded. So why is everything else there?
Not sure what you mean about useless to talk about right now? I think nacho's posting so far (and at the time that you asked this) is quite sufficient to sort him off of. Although I've swung pretty hard in the other direction now. His play is more and more reminiscent of girls pt 1. That said my memory of his scumgame isn't as fresh so recency bias etc. But the way in which he's holding dialogue/approaching people is basically the same in a probably-meaningful way.

I could probably give you a deep psychological analysis as to why the unbolded exists but I guess it's just my general style? I try to be very transparent about how my thoughts are developing in most cases.

As for ceph the initial (extremely weak) reason was liking the timing of him calling out specific posts which was sort of going against the grain of how people were talking and yes, this is even worse than my reason for wanting to townread tammy. is quite spot on if the slot is town. I'm not really going to separate thoughts on the hydra constituents except where relevant/obvious who's who since I doubt I'll be able to keep non-signed posts straight (which is fine). I don't have a strong read on them but still lean town ever so slightly. Tammy's opening towards Nacho WRT Nacho saying Tammy would snap-townread him is very interesting. There's some chance that Tammy might just open with a townread of Nacho if she's scum and he's town and that's what he said he'd expect but I don't know their dynamic well enough to actually make that conclusion.
The difference I haven't really cared for a single post you made until Nacho told me about your exchange with him about the Cephir read.

But I kinda want to break this down a bit so it'll be easier for me to address.
Hi I'm Implosion wrote:Not sure what you mean about useless to talk about right now? I think nacho's posting so far (and at the time that you asked this) is quite sufficient to sort him off of. Although I've swung pretty hard in the other direction now. His play is more and more reminiscent of girls pt 1. That said my memory of his scumgame isn't as fresh so recency bias etc. But the way in which he's holding dialogue/approaching people is basically the same in a probably-meaningful way.

I could probably give you a deep psychological analysis as to why the unbolded exists but I guess it's just my general style? I try to be very transparent about how my thoughts are developing in most cases.
Uggh I feel like this is a really safe stance on Nacho I think I'ma just vote you tbh.

Also,
I think understand this.
Except, it feels like
really uneeded so I asked why it was there.

ugggggh, gimmie a moment to attempt to find the words I'm trying to convey here...

Too forced?
I think that's right?
it was designed
to sound towny.

I think that is what I am trying to say.
Moving on

Also don't mind with the quote titles
I'm just kinda really bored atm and it's 4-5am and I can't sleep
I wanna find someway to entertain myself.
Alisae gave me a Hot Potato in 2 Rooms and an Boom at Cali Meet wrote:As for ceph the initial (extremely weak) reason was liking the timing of him calling out specific posts which was sort of going against the grain of how people were talking and yes, this is even worse than my reason for wanting to townread tammy. is quite spot on if the slot is town. I'm not really going to separate thoughts on the hydra constituents except where relevant/obvious who's who since I doubt I'll be able to keep non-signed posts straight (which is fine). I don't have a strong read on them but still lean town ever so slightly. Tammy's opening towards Nacho WRT Nacho saying Tammy would snap-townread him is very interesting. There's some chance that Tammy might just open with a townread of Nacho if she's scum and he's town and that's what he said he'd expect but I don't know their dynamic well enough to actually make that conclusion.
ugggggggh this also just feels really really safe.

--
In post 282, implosion wrote:I agree with whoever said things along those lines that this isn't the town-zach I'm familiar with. The difference to my memory can be summed up as him being much more active/feather-ruffling in the other game which might be alignment-indicative but seems somewhat unlikely to be given him saying he enjoys scum because that's not a thing I expect to be lied about, but it could also be tangential to enjoyment of the game. It was a good question from morph though. Fortunately dunn was also in that game and also town and IIRC i read both of them fairly easily right up until I mishammered zach in lylo... but I'm not especially worried about sorting that slot. I am curious about more meta-opinions based on zach's opening from people familiar with his scumgame.

Bins is town. Alisae is still town and I'm curious what kraska sees in 276 though I am also ever so curious for Alisae to elaborate upon it.
What
even
is
this post

A Wifi password?
Hello?

--
In post 284, implosion wrote:Tone + her entire paragraph on wisdom feels like it has a genuine thought process behind it.
Posting what I think you might be refering to in the wall so I can work with it.
In post 204, Bins wrote:i realized wisdom and i have very similar towngames and pretty much the way he phrased his post sounds town to me
also you think the paranoia post by him was flat, i dont think he would have bothered/even considered making that post as scum
i throw that shit in the air all the time as town, and if i remember correctly wisdom and i had a similar "but WHAT IF" moment in jungle republic

anyways i think as the game progresses my wisdom read will become less certain so i better just have a firm stance right out the gate
What about the tone do you like, and what about the thought process sounds genuine and coming from town?
GTKAS
| here.
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:45 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

Votecount 1.7

In post 313, Alisae wrote:What a fun vote count we got there :]
I try my best.

(Sorry for the time between votecounts. Crazy little thing called work.)

kraska77
(3): Wisdom, GuiltyLion, Nosferatu
Nosferatu
(2): morph the cat, kraska77
Oil Tycoons
(2): Bins, VA-11 Hall-A
VA-11 Hall-A
(2): BigYoshiFan, Oil Tycoons
BigYoshiFan
(1): implosion
implosion
(1): Alisae

No Lynch
(1): drealmerz7
Not Voting
(1): when warthogs fly

13 players, 7 majority.
Deadline in (expired on 2017-08-06 16:32:00)

kraska is V/LA until ~7/27
BYF is V/LA until ~7/27
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:49 pm

Post by Alisae »

EVEN MORE FUN
QUALITY VOTE COUNTS
MAN I CAN'T WAIT TO DO THE THING
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:50 pm

Post by Alisae »

Cephir posted this amazing guide on it I just can't wait to try out all of the skills I learned from senpai Cephir!~
GTKAS
| here.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:55 pm

Post by morph the cat »

Implosions initial posts, especially when he was calling out OT had this combination of assertiveness and townhunting that I remember from earlier games. And I kinda liked that he went at Nacho, who isn't the easiest target in this player list.

I'm going to review some old games. I think he told me that a game I modded was his most recent scum game. And that game was in like 2014 or early 2015 iirc.
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:56 pm

Post by Bins »

In post 488, morph the cat wrote:I'm going to review some old games. I think he told me that a game I modded was his most recent scum game. And that game was in like 2014 or early 2015 iirc.
this is perplexing considering alisae said this was in line with his scumgame
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:57 pm

Post by Bins »

not @ you

at him

gtkas
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:58 pm

Post by Bins »

In post 276, Alisae wrote:If I told you that is somewhat related to his scumgamewould that interest you?
interests me more now!

gtkas
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:04 pm

Post by implosion »

Alisae wrote:What about the tone do you like, and what about the thought process sounds genuine and coming from town?
The tone wasn't just that post. Her tone in general just doesn't look concerned with appearances and it doesn't look especially faked.

The entire paragraph on Wisdom is just a train of logic that is more likely to come from town than from scum. The series of thoughts are just thoughts that I think are more likely to have been had from someone who is town and in the mindset of being town and evaluating other peoples' play genuinely, particularly the way she compared his play to her towngame.

The rest of your points on me seem to boil down to "this feels off/forced" at which point sure but you're wrong. Calling posts safe is fair i guess? But i mean they're my reads and I can't pick and choose what they are.
ffery wrote:I think he told me that a game I modded was his most recent scum game.
I've had a couple since then. One was an entirely uninteresting 7-player 5-page easy win. The other was fatboy mafia, which is undoubtedly the best/only really valid example of my scum meta right now. Speaking of which.

Alisae, why do you specifically think Nos wouldn't fake a post restriction as scum? You vigged Pine in fatboy after he faked one, and yes, he is pine, but do you specifically think Nos's personality is such that they wouldn't? Or do you just think that it looks genuine? Can you elaborate on your thought process behind why you're writing it off as real? I don't really have a read on Nos yet.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:14 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 404, GuiltyLion wrote:wrt to the implosion scumread, looking at his ISO I don't get the sense that he's trying to engage and sort people, it looks more like he's dishing out light townreads on people who are probably actually town, and coming up with reasons to townread them. He immediately nailed me as scum in a marathon game we had together and I feel like I don't see any of that killer instinct yet in this game. The initial Oil Tycoons engagement was awkward, and then this Z&D scumread here:
In post 282, implosion wrote:I agree with whoever said things along those lines that this isn't the town-zach I'm familiar with. The difference to my memory can be summed up as him being much more active/feather-ruffling in the other game which might be alignment-indicative but seems somewhat unlikely to be given him saying he enjoys scum because that's not a thing I expect to be lied about, but it could also be tangential to enjoyment of the game. It was a good question from morph though. Fortunately dunn was also in that game and also town and IIRC i read both of them fairly easily right up until I mishammered zach in lylo... but I'm not especially worried about sorting that slot. I am curious about more meta-opinions based on zach's opening from people familiar with his scumgame.
feels a lot more like scum crowdsurfing for opinions than town trying to form a read. The bit about mishammering Zach in a past game yet not being worried about sorting him pings me as an unnatural thing for town to say. I also don't like how he says "whoever said things along those lines that this isn't town-zach" - he should have explicitly looked up who said this if he thinks it's an indicative point. It feels like effort is missing here.
I have been known to meta people entirely off marathon games (actually technically i was scum but i do think wheme was obvious town in fatboy >.>) but this is a misuse thereof. Marathon/irc/face to face are all very different beasts from forum mafia in ways that are meaningful here; I don't think I'm particularly aggressive in general in forum mafia except in cases where I get an early scumread that I feel solid on, which is maybe ~half the time or less. I can think of a few specific examples but I'm generally more consistent at finding town than scum. Marathon games force a degree of aggression by having short deadlines and less time for sorting.

I disagree that I haven't been engaging/sorting. I engaged Nacho and sorted him from scum to town. I haven't engaged much directly since then because it's the week and I've been distracted by shiny objects shooting past me. I would like to more.

Why do you think it's unnatural for me to mention the mishammering zach thing? For extra context I didn't actually scumread zach in lylo in that game, I just had a misplaced townread on the last scum largely based on his claim.
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:17 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

i already cant post a lot as scum
post restriction on top of that is dumb
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:18 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 492, implosion wrote:Alisae, why do you specifically think Nos wouldn't fake a post restriction as scum? You vigged Pine in fatboy after he faked one, and yes, he is pine, but do you specifically think Nos's personality is such that they wouldn't? Or do you just think that it looks genuine? Can you elaborate on your thought process behind why you're writing it off as real? I don't really have a read on Nos yet.
Okay
you are comparing Nos to Pine
Pine is like
a scum MASTA
and has a really strong scumgame
So he can just do whatever the fuck he wants and get away with it.

I mean
you're talking the guy who roleplayed as Caesar in Civ Mafia.
That is something that is within his range as a player.

Nos
not as strong of a scumgame.
I don't buy he's the type of player that would attempt to fake a post restriction. I really just don't think so. Not to mention it looks genuine as well.
I doubt Nos would go out of his way to do this as scum.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:21 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 492, implosion wrote:The tone wasn't just that post. Her tone in general just doesn't look concerned with appearances and it doesn't look especially faked.

The entire paragraph on Wisdom is just a train of logic that is more likely to come from town than from scum. The series of thoughts are just thoughts that I think are more likely to have been had from someone who is town and in the mindset of being town and evaluating other peoples' play genuinely, particularly the way she compared his play to her towngame.
You are quite litterally saying the same thing over and over again.
GTKAS
| here.
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:22 pm

Post by Bins »

I kind of want to fake that post restriction tbh

I'm not a rapper buuuuuuuuut...

gtkas
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:22 pm

Post by implosion »

I'm tempted to call {alisae, bins, oil tycoons, morph} town, with possible additional inclusions of {guiltylion, kraska}. morph feels like what I know of town ffery in general but the single thing that makes me feel strongly on that slot is the way ffery is talking about kraska. It could be a very skillful pocketing if she's scum but I don't think it is. I think I like GL's point towards me and I'm not entirely sure if he'd come up with it as scum or decide to push it. Given that I caught him quickly in that marathon game I don't think he'd gun immediately towards me as scum. kraska is completely unsubstantiated gut and I haven't really bought any of the points on her but I haven't read them in depth. I've mostly been trying to follow along at work so I'm not really rereading everything but her play reminds me of her town play to a degree.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:24 pm

Post by morph the cat »

implosion wrote:I'm tempted to call {alisae, bins, oil tycoons, morph} town, with possible additional inclusions of {guiltylion, kraska}. morph feels like what I know of town ffery in general but the single thing that makes me feel strongly on that slot is the way ffery is talking about kraska. It could be a very skillful pocketing if she's scum but I don't think it is. I think I like GL's point towards me and I'm not entirely sure if he'd come up with it as scum or decide to push it. Given that I caught him quickly in that marathon game I don't think he'd gun immediately towards me as scum. kraska is completely unsubstantiated gut and I haven't really bought any of the points on her but I haven't read them in depth. I've mostly been trying to follow along at work so I'm not really rereading everything but her play reminds me of her town play to a degree.
Where did when warthogs fly go?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”