Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:39 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

thor, q; do you believe ate is readable & some people can read it well?
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:43 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

if there's anything particularly important thor / skitter want to ask me that I ignored let me know. I am not going to uselessly argue game theory and get in a useless back and forth about wording, got places to do and things to see.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:43 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

and no, thor, mass quoting all of your posts is not a valid answer.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:08 pm

Post by rb »

In post 641, wavemode wrote: Again, you're using debate that you and eddie initiated as evidence of Thor being scum. That pings me bad because he could have just ignored all the things you and eddie were saying about him, and then you could just as easily call him out for dodging your accusations. You are literally forcing a catch-22 here and it's ridiculously bad play, I hope you realize that.
are you trying to be dense?

Thor didn't have to respond with 3 pages of AtE defence and i don't think town Thor does so.

u derp

there is no catch-22, there's only me catching Thor :^)
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:10 pm

Post by rb »

what you're trying to say is that you think i would scumread thor regardless of his reaction to the push eddie + myself have made

which is not true, because i've pushed multiple people in the game already and i haven't been reading them regardless of their reaction - i've read them based on their reaction

the only world where what you're saying makes sense is if i had literally just entered the game and done nothing but push thor, when i've actually pushed on multiple people and assessed how they react + their other posts in the game, and come to different conclusions.

i actually can't see how you'd not realise this unless ur just mad
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:16 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 651, Eddie Cane wrote:thor, q; do you believe ate is readable & some people can read it well?
Appeal to emotion is a logical fallacy, so I'm not sure what you mean by "readable". Do you mean "do you think people can spot the logical fallacy of ate?' In that case - sure.

The phrasing of your question suggests to me that by AtE you may just mean 'emotional posting' in which case I submit that anyone familiar with another person is generally able to read their emotions and some people are better at it than others, sure.

If you think I buy that you're trying to read *me* through my emotions, a player you don't know from Adam? Then, no, no I don't believe that at all.
In post 652, Eddie Cane wrote:if there's anything particularly important thor / skitter want to ask me that I ignored let me know. I am not going to uselessly argue game theory and get in a useless back and forth about wording, got places to do and things to see.
I still have my initial question that you've dodged - which is why you think lying about someone's behavior will generate alignment telling behavior?
In post 654, rb wrote:Thor didn't have to respond with 3 pages of AtE defence and i don't think town Thor does so.
What does town Thor do and what evidence do you use to reach that conclusion?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:20 pm

Post by Thor665 »

@rb - Eddie has openly admitted he was trying to goad me and that he was lying/making up his case on me, how does that affect your read of my reaction exactly? Or, more precisly, why *hasn't* that affected your read?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:22 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Because everyone else here, even Eddie despite his bluster and mock outrage, seems to be on the same page about what happened - you need to put meta cards on the table and explain this thought process because no one else sees what you see nor understands it. If you want the Thor lynch you need to explain it. Otherwise I'm sticking to my value call that this is your vendetta for some perceived slight in the past (that, judging by this game, I'll suggest wasn't my fault then either).
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:41 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 656, Thor665 wrote:
In post 651, Eddie Cane wrote:thor, q; do you believe ate is readable & some people can read it well?
Appeal to emotion is a logical fallacy, so I'm not sure what you mean by "readable". Do you mean "do you think people can spot the logical fallacy of ate?' In that case - sure.

The phrasing of your question suggests to me that by AtE you may just mean 'emotional posting' in which case I submit that anyone familiar with another person is generally able to read their emotions and some people are better at it than others, sure.

If you think I buy that you're trying to read *me* through my emotions, a player you don't know from Adam? Then, no, no I don't believe that at all.
In post 652, Eddie Cane wrote:if there's anything particularly important thor / skitter want to ask me that I ignored let me know. I am not going to uselessly argue game theory and get in a useless back and forth about wording, got places to do and things to see.
I still have my initial question that you've dodged - which is why you think lying about someone's behavior will generate alignment telling behavior?
In post 654, rb wrote:Thor didn't have to respond with 3 pages of AtE defence and i don't think town Thor does so.
What does town Thor do and what evidence do you use to reach that conclusion?
yes, I used ate in the mafia definition, not the actual one. aka, emotional appeal. when did i lie about someone's behaviour?
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:41 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 657, Thor665 wrote:@rb - Eddie has openly admitted he was trying to goad me and that he was lying/making up his case on me, how does that affect your read of my reaction exactly? Or, more precisly, why *hasn't* that affected your read?
...no?
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:58 pm

Post by rb »

yawn

can we lynch thor already
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:58 pm

Post by rb »

In post 657, Thor665 wrote:@rb - Eddie has openly admitted he was trying to goad me and that he was lying/making up his case on me, how does that affect your read of my reaction exactly? Or, more precisly, why *hasn't* that affected your read?
lmao r u on drugs
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:00 pm

Post by rb »

In post 658, Thor665 wrote:Because everyone else here, even Eddie despite his bluster and mock outrage, seems to be on the same page about what happened - you need to put meta cards on the table and explain this thought process because no one else sees what you see nor understands it. If you want the Thor lynch you need to explain it. Otherwise I'm sticking to my value call that this is your vendetta for some perceived slight in the past (that, judging by this game, I'll suggest wasn't my fault then either).
gud misrep
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:02 pm

Post by rb »

someone please tell me why town!Thor would spend 3 pages (more actually) arguing about how ppl perceive him, when he's at like L-5 or L-6 - and by his own admission he actually thinks that he isn't going to get lynched?

tell me, what actual fucking purpose does Thor have in this game apart from trying to appear town/discredit people pushing for his lynch?

literally no one in this game can give any reason why Thor is apparently town, and yet there's endless resistance to this wagon and (probably) chainsaw defence from others e.g. scumreads on me and Eddie for things we aren't even doing, probably from scumpartners
Sunlit Diamond
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:02 pm

Post by Sunlit Diamond »

In post 649, wavemode wrote:
In post 647, Sunlit Diamond wrote:Also! I based my initial read of you on a scan of your ISO that felt funky to me. You have since posted a lot, I reread the entire thread and your ISO, and my opinion changed. Why is that worth a scumread?

p-edit: that was mildly creepy eddie
How do you feel about MM4's posting being strange because he was trying a new playstyle? Does that not cause you to question your scumread on him?
No. In fact the posts since they switched to their main just make my read stronger.

Ausuka's initial response included:
i'll probably reconsider the game now that i'm not making myself approach it as logically as possible.
One of the biggest common threads in my read of her was that her words and her actions were not following one another in any logical fashion. First she sheeped, then she voted for sheeping. Later on she gutreads, then literally three posts later she gets angry (not logical) and scumreads you for doing the same thing. Her reason for scumreading Ciara was weak; her reason for scumreading Flavor feels fabricated, not a natural belief. I believe this last one even more now I know MM4's been around for two years. This is surely not the first time they've seen someone self vote for a reason other than being scum...so this actually falls right into the same place I put her summary of what rb did.

In that same post she went on to say (about me):
the explanations she gives are stretchy and overcomplicated.
I read through her ISO and gave specific, simple points to support my case. None of them were a stretch, although one or two were sarcastically phrased. Therefore this statement is
also
incorrect.

In , MM4 says they were trying to use logic and disregard toneread. I can see the disregarding toneread, but I'm truly not seeing any attempt at logic in Ausuka's ISO.

- If TB wasn't sheeping, then what was it? If mm4 wasn't targeting Dunker for sheeping, then what were they targeting him for?
- Yes, I am pushing every one of their non-RVS votes, because all of them are awful, and the explanations for them are worse.
- They rely on tone reads enough that they had to switch back to their main, but they dismiss the value in a toneread that picks up preverifcation in multiple different posts in their alt's history, simply because it's a toneread.

They then end with this:
also if you scumread me you should totally explain why so that we can actually gain information from things and develop our reads better later on
If my post wasn't explaining why I scumread them, I don't know what would be, so this looks like trying-to-appear-helpful filler to me.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:03 pm

Post by rb »

it's funny how i post a bunch of posts with reasons and your response is, "but what r ur reasons???"

if you weren't such obvious scum i'd be annoyed
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:07 pm

Post by rb »

wavemode just keeps looking worse and worse tbh

i think it's a thor/wavemode team actually - thor is telling wavemode to continue pushing ausuka, but trying to look like they're interacting properly

wavemode townreads me, but when i start to push thor - i'm suddenly not town and he dislikes my pushes
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:07 pm

Post by rb »

we're lynching from thor/wavemode/TB today
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:20 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

In post 668, rb wrote:we're lynching from thor/wavemode/TB today
who made you king and let you decide who we are lynching?

I still read thor and wave as town. Heck I don't remember you not TRing wave previously, so could you point me to where you began this?

And why are you so set on TB? He hasn't interacted with anyone, and his lynch would tell us almost nothing. I've seen town TB with this kinda inactivity so meta is a shitty reason.
Sunlit Diamond
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:25 pm

Post by Sunlit Diamond »

In post 669, NotTheRealPaul wrote:And why are you so set on TB? He hasn't interacted with anyone, and his lynch would tell us almost nothing. I've seen town TB with this kinda inactivity so meta is a shitty reason.
^I have wondered this the entire game.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:26 pm

Post by rb »

TB is perfect fifth

hey paul, who do you want to lynch then?
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:33 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

Im in between SD and Ausuka. Ive been lazy and I wanna reread their ISOs. Leaning kore on Ausuka.

Ciara is someone I'd comprimise on.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:36 pm

Post by rb »

why SD

TB is just flaking on the game when they have no reason, they're scum l0l
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:39 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

I just replaced out of a game where town tb did this. So Im not lynching him based off inactivity.

SD because im a very trusting person who tends to believe ppl without checking their story so Ausuka's posts kinda have me wanting to lynch that. That said, ive liked their recent posting so i wanna go back and check both SD and ausuka.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”