Sunlit Diamond
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:43 pm

Post by Sunlit Diamond »

In post 664, rb wrote:someone please tell me why town!Thor would spend 3 pages (more actually) arguing about how ppl perceive him, when he's at like L-5 or L-6 - and by his own admission he actually thinks that he isn't going to get lynched?

tell me, what actual fucking purpose does Thor have in this game apart from trying to appear town/discredit people pushing for his lynch?

literally no one in this game can give any reason why Thor is apparently town, and yet there's endless resistance to this wagon and (probably) chainsaw defence from others e.g. scumreads on me and Eddie for things we aren't even doing, probably from scumpartners
The rb/Thor argument is not helping town anymore, from either side, but I don't think it's purposeful.

You and Thor are both angry and fixated on your perspectives in an irrational way that puts control of the situation outside of your hands. As I said in an earlier post I could see some ballsy scum doing something like that in order to essentially exonerate each other, but given the length and tone of the argument I'd have to see some prior history of the two involved having great chemistry before I could believe it. Since no one who has played with you two before has mentioned such a history (in fact, I recall seeing the opposite) and I don't have time to read up on two different people's meta, I'm going to assume that isn't the case.
Sunlit Diamond
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:45 pm

Post by Sunlit Diamond »

In post 675, Sunlit Diamond wrote:
In post 664, rb wrote:someone please tell me why town!Thor would spend 3 pages (more actually) arguing about how ppl perceive him, when he's at like L-5 or L-6 - and by his own admission he actually thinks that he isn't going to get lynched?

tell me, what actual fucking purpose does Thor have in this game apart from trying to appear town/discredit people pushing for his lynch?

literally no one in this game can give any reason why Thor is apparently town, and yet there's endless resistance to this wagon and (probably) chainsaw defence from others e.g. scumreads on me and Eddie for things we aren't even doing, probably from scumpartners
The rb/Thor argument is not helping town anymore, from either side, but I don't think it's purposeful.

You and Thor are both angry and fixated on your perspectives in an irrational way that puts control of the situation outside of your hands. As I said in an earlier post I could see some ballsy scum doing something like that in order to essentially exonerate each other, but given the length and tone of the argument I'd have to see some prior history of the two involved having great chemistry before I could believe it. Since no one who has played with you two before has mentioned such a history (in fact, I recall seeing the opposite) and I don't have time to read up on two different people's meta, I'm going to assume that isn't the case.
^ this same argument applies to one of you being town and the other scum. One of you would have to be dissembling and I haven't seen a sign of that for the entire length of your argument.
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:47 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

tldr u think both thor and rb are town. and their argument isnt helping anyone?
Sunlit Diamond
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:52 pm

Post by Sunlit Diamond »

In post 677, NotTheRealPaul wrote:tldr u think both thor and rb are town. and their argument isnt helping anyone?
Yes, but no.

I think Thor and rb are both town specifically BECAUSE the argument has gone on so long, and there is no history (known to me) that would indicate either or both of them would be able to keep it up that long under a pretense.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:08 pm

Post by rb »

In post 675, Sunlit Diamond wrote:

how am i even remotely angry

i have a scumread
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:09 pm

Post by rb »

In post 678, Sunlit Diamond wrote:
In post 677, NotTheRealPaul wrote:tldr u think both thor and rb are town. and their argument isnt helping anyone?
Yes, but no.

I think Thor and rb are both town specifically BECAUSE the argument has gone on so long, and there is no history (known to me) that would indicate either or both of them would be able to keep it up that long under a pretense.
*snore*
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:09 pm

Post by rb »

people can get angry as scum as well SD, and use that to get shitty townreads like the one you have on thor

if you have no other reason to townread thor other than you think he's angry, that's just fkn ridiculous
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:11 pm

Post by rb »

scum get just as annoyed as town do, for different reasons. it doesn't mean shit

and the fact that thor's sole focus is constantly just on himself and his appearance, and he doesn't actually try solve the game - IS SCUMMY

can i just ask: are you guys all alts or are you actually new

honestly considering replacing out at this point because it feels like i'm playing a fucking newbie game.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:13 pm

Post by rb »

how am i 'angry and fixated' when i've literally been going back and forth but the more thor posts the more i realise he's scum? can you please explain how i'm 'fixated' when i've been interacting with and pushing on like 4-5 people in this game? and i've given townreads + endeavoured to work with multiple slots as well?

how the actual fuck do you read that as fixation?
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:15 pm

Post by rb »

please, please, PLEASE give me a reason why thor is town, that actually has something to do with the fact that a player who's been on the site for like 8 fkn years is doing literally ZERO scumhunting in favour of just making big posts that look all nice and active, but just constantly focuses on THEIR OWN APPEARANCE AND THEIR OWN STATUS

THAT IS NOT WHAT TOWN PLAYERS DO, LET ALONE TOWN PLAYERS WHO HAVE 8 FUCKING YEARS OF PLAYING THE GAME
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:17 pm

Post by rb »

and please, please, please don't be the piece of shit that sits there and goes "see told u taht u were angry, haha!!!"

when the only reason i'm now angry is at the amount of fucking stupid in this game and inability to read basic posts. it's happening from so many slots that there's at least 4 town players in this game who're being fucking ridiculous about this and falling for the narrative of 'oh rb has a personal vendetta'

fucking honestly

SO

FUCKING

STUPID
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:17 pm

Post by rb »

and yeah if ThinkBig is town i have no actual clue why he plays this game at all, if it's true that he's also just done this as town in another game

BTD6_Maker levels of useless
Sunlit Diamond
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:25 pm

Post by Sunlit Diamond »

In post 684, rb wrote:please, please, PLEASE give me a reason why thor is town, that actually has something to do with the fact that a player who's been on the site for like 8 fkn years is doing literally ZERO scumhunting in favour of just making big posts that look all nice and active, but just constantly focuses on THEIR OWN APPEARANCE AND THEIR OWN STATUS

THAT IS NOT WHAT TOWN PLAYERS DO, LET ALONE TOWN PLAYERS WHO HAVE 8 FUCKING YEARS OF PLAYING THE GAME
You make a very fair point in this post.

It is late where I'm at, but tomorrow I will reread Thor's ISO with this thought in mind and see if my perspective changes.
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:33 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

im actually new. I'll reread thor's ISO tho. Gimme 2-3 days ima be at VBS tommorrow and Sunday
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:22 pm

Post by wavemode »

This game is such a soap opera

Why did rb complain so much about AtE in Thor's posts then spew all this nonsense

And why am I suddenly on rb's radar simply for disagreeing on Thor and preferring SD

And why is rb suddenly so resistant to lynching SD

Speaking of SD, I'm pretty sure she's just seeing the facts the way she wants to see them, rather than evaluating them earnestly. I still want this lynched.

Bleh, going to bed
retired...?
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:28 pm

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 644, Sunlit Diamond wrote:
In post 643, wavemode wrote:As I've said before, SD and Ausuka's early game was spent throwing shade at people who were low-hanging fruit rather than actually trying to question people and understand their motives. And they were actively helping each other do it. In my mind there's no reason for two random town slots to be that buddied with each other.
Possibly
one town and one scum.

Their general tone was also gut-bad for me. They tried to make things people did seem worse than they really were. In many cases they might consider something to be "weird"... but their logical jump from that to it being actually scum-indicative was always lacking.

You're right that they've both since turned around but their recent simultaneous retractions of their arguments and push on each other is not making me feel any better about them. We could be seeing the power of daychat at work. And also, just in general I don't flip around my scumreads just because the person stopped doing what I called them out as scum for doing,
after
I call them out. I mean, of course they will do that, if they are trying to be townread.
Excuse me.

I did absolutely nothing to "actively help" Ausuka. I agreed with her on one point, which on later inspection I realized was not helpful to my agenda. Ausuka, did, however, actively townread me, which gave me more useless material...specifically because I *know* I wasn't pushing Ausuka to begin with, and felt like I needed more content to come into a vote on her.

When I actually did an ISO and read through her stuff, there was more than enough there for me to make an extremely forced case scumreading every single one of her posts.. I will ride that vote right through a lynch, because she is an easy mislynch and needs to go.
ftfy
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:32 pm

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 604, Ciara24 wrote:
In post 584, MarioManiac4 wrote:ciara24: i have no idea why you have the reads you do and your reads + general productivity and scumhunting/gamesolving have been uhhhh very questionable so you can be scum for now
I'd rather you didn't think I was scum but I'll let it slide for now because my activity levels have been awful so I understand your reasoning
In post 619, Ciara24 wrote:because I know my alignment and I'm pretty sure Ausaka/Mario is scum so I'll let it slide because scum have scumread town, duh
@ciara; what the fuck is this
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:33 pm

Post by MarioManiac4 »

i probably have thoughts on thor but i don't really feel like being called a piece of shit today so i will probably refrain from sharing them right now in favour of pushing my scumread(s)
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:39 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

whats ftfy?
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:40 pm

Post by MarioManiac4 »

fixed this for you
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:41 pm

Post by MarioManiac4 »

also i remember someone saying i hadn't really been logical as ausuka

>why I replaced out
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:07 pm

Post by MarioManiac4 »

who wants to lynch ciara?
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:09 pm

Post by UnaBombaH »

Ech, this game.

I honestly feel like this type of game is actually worse for trying to be logical, than playing newbie games.

One problem I have is the scum-daytalk.
I constantly read changes in stance, and wonder where they came from. When scum cant talk privately until night, there is always a chance for a slip on teamplay on a weaker players part.
Now I feel like every stupid obvious positional mistake scum might make, gets devalued because "why would they make that mistake, they can coordinate themselves in daychat".

MM4 cleared himself to me for now, I realize I read Ausuka scummy because of him forcing a different playstyle. THIS DOESNT HOWEVER EXPLAIN THE AUSUKA/SD "swings" I felt. Therefore SD is still in my focus, and I'll try to reset my reads on MM4, BUT I hope everyone tries to read and remember what you felt like "ausuka" was working towards.
Even if his playstyle was different, he still had an agenda, just like we all do.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:10 pm

Post by MarioManiac4 »

this is a normal unabombah there is a town
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:12 pm

Post by MarioManiac4 »

oh yeah daytalk is a thing but
a) not everyone uses it
b) you can watch for people being coached
c) you can watch for people having a clear agenda, because they are told to do certain things in daychat (such as sunlit diamond trying to case me which is pretty fake as shown by her commenting "omg she jumped on a wagon" when i voted my scumread)

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”