Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:50 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

sd is an eh lynch tho. mulch and thor are the wagons I ideally want. tb slot too if replacement doesn't obv town.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:50 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

not gonna argue against sd he's scummy but bigger fish to fry
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:50 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

gn
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:50 pm

Post by rb »

yer we have a newbie queue

i deliberately avoid it after playing a few IC/SE games because i think it's honestly a lost cause. Especially when people like fucking Titus/Thor IC games

awful
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:51 pm

Post by wavemode »

rb's anger and reasons for being angry are starting to feel quite forced. Statements like "At a minimum we have 5 town players who're literally dead weight" and "You can just win because these worthless sacks are irredeemably shit at the game" I would sort of expect from someone who just joined the site but not someone with any kind of experience. Most town are dead weight in general and if you have any experience then you already know that. It seems sort of silly that like 9/10 of rb's posts are so focused on how bad people are playing. Starting to feel like the whole, act annoyed at town for playing bad so they think I'm emotionally invested in the game, play.

It started with his whole argument for it being good for us to kill Thor even if he's town, and it's just steadily gotten worse since then. I can't really see town!rb getting so wrapped up in irrelevant nonsense and insults in such a large majority of his posts. I don't know if someone more familiar with him can say that's meta-normal but it's striking me as very scummy at this point.

Anyway, just my 0.02
retired...?
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:51 pm

Post by rb »

gnite glhf with bed

Pedit: yeo ur an actual idiot, wee
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:52 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

most people are willing to help one beginner in a normal game of experienced players. or two. more than that and it's unmotivating.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:53 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 1279, wavemode wrote:rb's anger and reasons for being angry are starting to feel quite forced. Statements like "At a minimum we have 5 town players who're literally dead weight" and "You can just win because these worthless sacks are irredeemably shit at the game" I would sort of expect from someone who just joined the site but not someone with any kind of experience
. Most town are dead weight in general and if you have any experience then you already know that.
It seems sort of silly that like 9/10 of rb's posts are so focused on how bad people are playing. Starting to feel like the whole, act annoyed at town for playing bad so they think I'm emotionally invested in the game, play.

It started with his whole argument for it being good for us to kill Thor even if he's town, and it's just steadily gotten worse since then. I can't really see town!rb getting so wrapped up in irrelevant nonsense and insults in such a large majority of his posts. I don't know if someone more familiar with him can say that's meta-normal but it's striking me as very scummy at this point.

Anyway, just my 0.02
um
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:54 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

also dw im doing my duedilligance reading rb too. i want my first recent scum!rb game to be me catching him!
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:55 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

considering I agree with how useless a lot of ppl are being, and simply care less, I don't really see it tho. unless I'm titled. tilted. tired. sleep.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:57 pm

Post by rb »

lmao no, this game is by far the most useless game ive played

Fyi ThinkBig does this as any alignment - by this i mean nothing

and why woukd i as scum abandon my play getting me very townread to make controversial points? To make the game harder for me and get more scumread?

fking how wavemode just how does ur brain even work
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:01 pm

Post by wavemode »

My brain works like, I feel like the majority of town in the average game don't really do all that much so you must really lose your shit a lot if it's such an issue for you

And in a lot of cases in this game, you blow up simply for people disagreeing with you. Not sure how you're so sure of your reads and why nobody else's opinions matter but that must also cause you to blow up at people often because most people don't just sheep cases in general. You're always going to have people disagreeing with your logic.

This is also why I asked for some meta-info because, hey, maybe you are just a hothead in general. I don't know at this point.
retired...?
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:08 pm

Post by rb »

why yes i often lose my shit in the mafia game

i dint rly expect ppl to sheep me either, but if their reasons for things are abysmally stupid then yes i tend to get irate if they also double down on the srupid
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:11 pm

Post by wavemode »

Well if that's true I think it's pretty bad play, it doesn't win anyone to your side to call them idiots and pieces of shit

And you should remember it's just a game and take a deep breath sometimes
retired...?
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:13 pm

Post by rb »

works good enough rly

i lynch the most obstructionist or useless person on day1 because its often scum and if not its still good

then i solve the game on day2

ez
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:15 pm

Post by rb »

i know the wiki has lots of ideas about what is or isnt good but its a game of detecting frauds. its actually not a very complicated process at all and doesnt require complex tactics or whatever dumb shit is on the wiki
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:18 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

eddie how do u know I'll sheep you?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:44 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1256, wavemode wrote:Mulch is hard to read but I'm pretty sure Ciara was town
I'm pretty sure Ciara was scum. Yeah, Mulch is hard to read, but I think he's scum too.

@FL too:

Spoiler:
In post 915, Flavor Leaf wrote:Skitter's
I don't know what I feel about this. Kind of feels like scum overcompensating with questions.
In post 565, skitter30 wrote:@Ciara: It kinda feels like you're active lurking, tbh. Why is Eddie so high on your list? If you're good with lynching Ausuka, why are you not voting there?
(I'll get to the rest of your stuff after this):

Those are exactly the sort of questions I ask when I'm trying to figure out people's motivations. I was having trouble understanding the Thor/Eddie thing, so I wanted to talk to Eddie more about it, but he wasn't really responding to my questions. I explained above why I'm feeling better about him now. Ciara showed up, so I figured since we were both around I'd try to talk to her. Since I wasn't really understanding Eddie, I was hoping she'd be able to explain why she had Eddie so high. Tbh, her answer () was kinda weird. If you know you have trouble reading people, I don't get why you'd artificially give them townreads? Like, her reasons for townreading eddie/rb were weird and bad, and she basically admitted to making them up. And she never really tried to sort them or like anyone else for that matter. And I wanted to know why she didn't vote Ausuka/MM if she was good with lynching him. Kinda felt like she wasn't putting her money where her mouth was, like Ciara was trying to show she approved of the wagon without actually contributing to it.

And she replaced out just after I pushed her on these things.

And today Mulch was all sorts of weird, and pushed a scumread on me for BS reasons. Like having a gutread that I'm scum for saying goodbye to TB when we signed up to play together is just ridiculous. Yes, I get that it was a gutread, but since I'd have said the exact same thing to him if I were scum, that post was NAI, and deciding I had to be scum and that me and TB couldn't be partners because of that was just reachy and bad and didn't really make sense.

And I disliked how he kept on insisting that I was 'angry'. Yeah, I was
annoyed
with him. I don't really get where he got
angry
from, tbh. And by insisting that other variables are irrelevant (), he delegitimized any other explanation (like the fact that I was disappointed that I didn't get to play with the dude I signed up to play with) for my goodbye post, and reduced it to somehow being supporting evidence of a BS gutread.

And I didn't really understand how MM's reaction to that whole business meant that MM was trying to save *Thor* (). Like, it would at least make some sort of sense to say scum!MM was trying to save scum!me, but dragging Thor into that mess kinda felt like Mulch was trying to link MM to his Thor scumread, for pretty much BS reasons as far as I can tell. How does agreeing with me about this mean that MM was trying to save *Thor*? Like, there's no connection there.

So yeah, VOTE: Mulch
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:08 pm

Post by skitter30 »

@FL

Spoiler: All the responses I owe you
In post 1063, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 1050, NotTheRealPaul wrote:Mulch skitters kinda stole my post again. Two newbies together and Ive seen both skitters town and scum games. She asks a lot of questions, but her town game is generally more aggressive. Im really wary of skitters' scum game, but I think I can tell the difference rn. I might be a bit overconfident though. Rn Ive got a scumlean on her because she isnt super aggressive but not quite enough to vote her because she has been quite inactive this game.
this implies the exact opposite of what mulch said her scum game was, I feel.

interesting.
Mulch thinks I fake game-solve as scum. Paul thinks I'm not as aggressive as scum than as town. I don't think these two are opposites, actually, and I think Paul is more right, tbh.
In post 915, Flavor Leaf wrote:I don't know what I feel about this. Kind of feels like scum overcompensating with questions. I dissected one of his bigger posts in my 501 earlier, and I can't tell what I think of Skitter. Does anyone have any experience with Skitter that can tell me if this seems like normal behavior for town Skitter? I like to meta dive, so @Skitter, can you link me some of your games?
Those are precisely the sort of questions I ask when I'm trying to figure out people's motivations. I try really hard to not frame the questions when I ask them, cuz i sometimes accidentally tell scum what answers I'm looking for if I'm not careful. I think I explained what I was trying to get at with these questions above, but if you want more from me, let me know.

All of my on-site games:

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=71332 (Newbie 1787, scum, played with TB, Paul, MM)
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=71874 (Newbie 1797, town, modded by TB, played with Paul and Dunker)
viewtopic.php?f=83&t=72357 (Micro 724, scum, modded by TB, played with Mulch)
viewtopic.php?f=83&t=72576 (Micro 730, modded by TB, played with Eddie, ended on Saturday and overlapped with this game a bit).

And now your wall ()
(sorry, I know it's been a while, and the game exploded since then. I've been busy).

I think I mostly agree with you about your wagon. I think that scum were taking advantage of rb's early pushes in order to create momentum for wagons that might not have otherwise taken off. I just thought it was strange that yours went to L-1 *and* dissipated within a short period of time. Like, if you're scum, why wasn't there any sort of counterwagon? I mean, one formed eventually, but it was formed by the very same people who promoted yours (ie rb and eddie). So unless they're scum bussing/distancing you (and I'm *pretty* sure Eddie is town, not 100% on rb, but he's also a townlean), it's very odd that a wagon on scum!you dissipated with very little scum interference. And if you're town, why didn't scum take advantage of the quickwagon to get a mislynch? Why did they allow another wagon to form altogether? Like the formation of your wagon was weird, and that's why I took the time to analyze it.

Eddie I was confused about because I couldn't really tell what he was doing; like he's one of those players who don't really explain himself, which makes it hard for me to understand him. But, the more I play with him, the more I realize he does random, semi-inscrutable things in order to generate reactions which he can then analyze. So, with that in mind, his role in your wagon makes sense to me.

And yeah, I thought your self-vote was awkward, cuz I think *all* self-votes are awkward. If you're town, I think it's anti-town to self-vote, and I dislike them greatly.
I also thought it was interesting that you chose to comment on the fact that I found your self-vote awkward, but neglected to respond to the fact that I thought your attempts at game-solving were kinda shallow. Like, you just kinda glossed over the fact that I was at best null-reading you for that.

I think that's everything. If I missed something, let me know.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:24 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1196, Eddie Cane wrote:skitter, why is this town frustration from thor? as scum if someone misreps your point why would you not still get angry?

additional question - you townread the for playing to hid suggested optimal town meta. do you not believe thor, 8 years later, is capable or willing of thst as scum?
Cuz I felt like he was getting frustrated not that you were misrepping him, but that you were fundamentally misunderstanding his town!playstyle. I wasn't townreading him because he was playing to his town meta, but because he was angry that you didn't understand that he thought he was blatantly playing town!Thor.

I don't know Thor, and I've never played with him. I dunno if he's a good player or not, (Although, from his wiki, I can tell he *thinks* he's a good player lol), or how well scum!Thor can mimic town!Thor. Like, the townread wasn't because he thought he was playing optimal town!Thor, but because if that were scum!Thor, I don't think he'd get as angry that you didn't recognize his *town* playstyle.
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:55 pm

Post by UnaBombaH »

So if I understand the situation correctly, this is the point where we take up names from both the mulch and SD wagons. Im a jumper from SD to Mulch because I believe its at least a somewhat reasonable lynch D1, and apparently more likely to happen now.
Also, he got RC lynched and Im a fanboy.
If he flips town, this wagon was a counter and Im gonna RC the shit out of Sunlit after.

VOTE: mulch THAT IS L-1 if Im not mistaken.

Do we ask for a claim, hmm?
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:56 pm

Post by MarioManiac4 »

So Unabombah the plan is for you to hop onto the Mulch mislynch and then mislynch Sunlit afterwards for two freebies, correct?
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:06 pm

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 1296, MarioManiac4 wrote:So Unabombah the plan is for you to hop onto the Mulch mislynch and then mislynch Sunlit afterwards for two freebies, correct?
Ah, you caught me red-handed.
Im so experienced and good in this game that I would surely be able to mislynch anyone. I can persuade anyone, Im totally RC.

You have seen my play, you know I suck because I trust logic more than reads, and people tend to act not logically.

And the most pressing issue? I still havent gotten my first scumrole-PM. The day I do Im going to overplay so much I get lynched not only in-game D1, but also realtime D1.
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:07 pm

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 1296, MarioManiac4 wrote:So Unabombah the plan is for you to hop onto the Mulch mislynch and then mislynch Sunlit afterwards for two freebies, correct?
Also, would you mind being town in this game too?

Im always wary of you, you're always town with me, and we always lose.. :cry:
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:09 pm

Post by MarioManiac4 »

I don't really know how good you are at lynching people. But you wouldn't be alone on Sunlit.
I don't really like setting people up for townflips. Counter-wagons are largely a myth; there is not always 1 town wagon and 1 scum wagon on D1. I want to know your reads specifically if I'm gonna be able to read you properly, although I think I still do townread you at this point. You and I both know there's enough content for you to work with.

pedit: Unabombah I'm always town. :good:

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”