Normal 1934: Civilization Mafia Mafia (Endgame)

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:43 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

In post 19105, zakk wrote:Wish I'd have been in this game :( Looked epic.

Civilization Mafia Mafia:

Votecount 1.06:

Tchill13 (3): Dark Horse, humaneatingmonkey, Korts
PersephoneSidekick (2): Kaboose, Robbnva
humaneatingmonkey (2): Ginngie, Assemblerotws,
Robbnva (1): PersephoneSidekick
Aristophanes (1): Sunlight Diamond
Kaboose (1): massive
massive (1): Aristophanes
nancy (0):
Korts (0):
Ginngie (0):
Sunlight Diamond (0):
Dark Horse (0):
Assemblerotws (0):

Not Voting: nancy, Tchill13

With 13 alive it's 7 to lynch.

The day has begun and will end in (expired on 2017-08-13 23:00:00).

Spoiler: Remaining Posts:
Korts: 87
Ginngie: 97
Aristophanes: 96
humaneatingmonkey: 83
PersephoneSidekick: 84
Sunlight Diamond: 98
Robbnva: 83
Kaboose: 90
massive: 93
Dark Horse: 91
Assemblerotws: 99
nancy: 95
Tchill13: 88
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:23 am

Post by Tchill13 »

@monkey Making up answers to appease players is scummy. It's the situation Percy did it in that justifies it. If she's a new player that's getting a lot of attention for a rvs vote I can see them freaking out a bit as town. I think you also asked why did you have to vote robbvna? My question about you throwing shade and not voting me was specifically about not voting me.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:24 am

Post by Tchill13 »

I apologize you said korts. The same still applies though.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:26 am

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 5, Ginngie wrote:
In post 3, humaneatingmonkey wrote:I'd like to start by saying hello to nancy, who I killed because she intimidated me last game, and to Aristophanes, who I killed because he wasn't easy to lynch.

VOTE: Tchill13

Let's not make this game fast-paced and meme-ful. I'm already currently playing that is hard to follow. Instead, let's take our time to chew everything and make meaning out of everything.

I'm here to eat bananas and scum. And I'm all out of bananas.
VOTE: monkey

Also, does a good read this one does
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=30907

Spoiler:
Yes I know the meme says 'your' instead of 'you're' but I'm too lazy to find a meme with correct grammar.
In post 32, Ginngie wrote:
In post 29, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Hi nancy. This vote is to add weight to the Robbinva-PersephoneSidekick conflict. Basically, I want them to squabble while I observe from a distance.
Town.

Sounds scummy as if instigating a fight, but townAF for honesty
In post 115, Ginngie wrote:who is dumb enough to scum read Korts?
So an rvs vote, claims someone is town, then I believe that korts comment was directed at me because I implied I scumread korts.

VOTE: Ginngie
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:28 am

Post by Ginngie »

Did you you just say I said you were dumb to scum read Korts when I wasn't even aware someone scum read Korts?
Shoutout to PJ and Nahdia for making my amazing new avi :)

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:33 am

Post by Ginngie »

Also, why did you not say why anything was alignment indicative?
Shoutout to PJ and Nahdia for making my amazing new avi :)

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
PersephoneSidekick
PersephoneSidekick
Goon
PersephoneSidekick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:40 am

Post by PersephoneSidekick »

In post 117, Robbnva wrote:
In post 112, PersephoneSidekick wrote:Behold, Robbnva arguing with me and being defensive. Shall we argue about the definitions of words some more?
Asking you a question is neither arguing or being defensive. So yes let's argue about that cause you clearly have no clue what it means.

Spoiler:
Definition of defensive
: serving to defend or protect defensive fortifications
a : devoted to resisting or preventing aggression or attack defensive behavior He became defensive when I brought up his spending habits.
b sports : of or relating to the attempt to keep an opponent from scoring in a game or contest a player with good defensive skills made a brilliant defensive play
card games
a : valuable in defensive play a defensive card in bridge
b : designed to keep an opponent from being the highest bidder a defensive bid

This is an example of somebody being defensive
In post 15, PersephoneSidekick wrote:Dude, it's RVS; why are you expecting me to make sense?
Let's hang this scum please.
That's hilarious. You just said that "asking a question is not argueing or being defensive and that quoted me asking a question and quoted it as definition of defensive. Both of us were asking defensive questions. This is clear from context; there is no regular expression algorithm to prove it mechanically. This the last time I will engage with you on this. Other people will draw their own conclusions.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:09 am

Post by Robbnva »

In post 131, PersephoneSidekick wrote:That's hilarious. You just said that "asking a question is not argueing or being defensive and that quoted me asking a question and quoted it as definition of defensive. Both of us were asking defensive questions. This is clear from context; there is no regular expression algorithm to prove it mechanically. This the last time I will engage with you on this. Other people will draw their own conclusions.
There is a HUGE difference between our questions...

my question was trying to better understand what was going on in your mind, you voted and implied that me not voting was scummy and I wanted to know why.

your "Dude it's rvs, why are you expecting me to make sense"

1. the "dude it's rvs" alone is an defensive reaction, to me it reads like "Dude back off"
2. "why are you expecting me to make sense" isn't really a legitimate question and more of a rhetorical one, because you are expected to make sense when explaining your votes.

but here let me answer it for you.

I am expecting you to make sense because you were the first to person to use a "in game" reason to vote somebody, which implies to me that 1. it wasn't RVS and 2. you were suspicious of me for not RVS voting. When asked to explain your thought process, you should be able to explain it in a way that makes sense to me and others. You didn't and imo i don't think you have.
Proudest mafia moment was the greatest unvote in the history of mafiascum.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:41 am

Post by Tchill13 »

This is what I'm talking about when I say we're looking into the rvs vote too much. Seems like korts is looking too much into nothing. I'm not sure what korts is wanting to accomplish at this point.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:42 am

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 133, Tchill13 wrote:This is what I'm talking about when I say we're looking into the rvs vote too much. Seems like korts is looking too much into nothing. I'm not sure what korts is wanting to accomplish at this point.
Not korts Robbvna... Geez I keep messing up the names.
PersephoneSidekick
PersephoneSidekick
Goon
PersephoneSidekick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:44 am

Somebody who knows his meta, is he always like this? Because the amount he's insisting that my blatantly RVS vote was "game relevant" is really really weird to me. Whatever I did afterward, can we all agree that calling that a "substantive vote" is kind of wack?

Also I second (third? fourth?) wanting Ginngie to talk more. The comment about Korts implies she's been doing some sorting in her head suggesting she's read stuff but she's not explaining any of it at all.

Also also I might declare V/LA soon because work is killing me, so heads up that I might not answer things very quickly.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:44 am

Post by Robbnva »

Having caught the king of scum RC on page 1 before. There is no such thing as looking into anything too much. Even a shaky attempt at "rvs" is fair game
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:01 am

Post by Robbnva »

In post 135, PersephoneSidekick wrote:Because the amount he's insisting that my blatantly RVS vote was "game relevant" is really really weird to me.
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=61784

Posts 12 and 22.

Sound familiar? Random is random. Using something somebody says in the game is specific.

Call me stubborn or hard headed but that's the true definition of rvs and has always been for the 10+ years I've played.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:24 am

Post by massive »

In post 122, Robbnva wrote:well I have only 1 vote and it is in use atm. don't worry you will get lynched eventually. Now if I am wrong about you and you are town, do better please cause I hate mislynching bad players who look like scum
And I hate when players feel like they can call other players "bad." Don't make excuses, put your money where your mouth is.

In post 123, humaneatingmonkey wrote: What about 42 to 44 are you okay with? What do you think about my arguments about how Persephone is making shit up just to appease town and now sounding like she's pandering?
My vote was just a bandwagon vote and I didn't need much to move. If she's making stuff up to pander to town, then I fell for it, but I think it's more likely you're just a wee bit cynical. I've never played with either of you so I have no idea what part of that is right.
In post 123, humaneatingmonkey wrote: Did you think Robb was scum? If not, why did you vote him? Do you think Kaboose is scum? If not, why did you vote him?
Voting for someone doesn't have to be because you think they're scum. I was happy to run up the other side of Robb v Persephone and see what fell out, and Robb's reason for voting Persephone to start with was pretty bad, I think even you would have to admit that. My company on that wagon got really sketchy though. i do think Kaboose is scum, his light attack on me was all show and no follow-through. If you want to lynch me I'd even be ok with you saying "It's the type of top-level scum-scum interaction that makes it look like they're doing work." But let's lynch Kaboose first.
In post 123, humaneatingmonkey wrote: Am I the only one who thinks this is LAMIST as fuck?
Any thoughts on Robbnva's response?
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:45 am

Post by Robbnva »

In post 138, massive wrote:And I hate when players feel like they can call other players "bad."
If you are town your play definitely is. Your votes have come with no good reasoning at all (condescending and not liking my reasons neither of which are reasons to vote someone ever let alone remotely AI), the one attempt to look town you balked and unvoted a meet 6 posts later.(hoping off before he has time to even feel the pressure and adequate respond to the people voting him) You try to discredit me by saying my reason for my vote on PS was bad or whatever but it really wasn't. He used a very game specific reason to vote me. I asked him to explain it and he backpedaled and brushed it off as "rvs".

I assume you wanting me to vote you means he's probably the pr and you the goon. That makes sense. Play scummier to distract from the more powerful partner who's under more heat.

Nah. We can lynch PS first
Dark Horse
Dark Horse
Goon
Dark Horse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:22 am

Post by Dark Horse »

Yeah his PS vote is being read into way too much. The RC example doesn't even feel similar because RC's reaction was completely different and way more defensive. Already trying to call a goon-pr combo this early is also really really dumb.

On the other hand
If you want to lynch me I'd even be ok with you saying "It's the type of top-level scum-scum interaction that makes it look like they're doing work."
What does this even mean?
In post 129, Ginngie wrote:Did you you just say I said you were dumb to scum read Korts when I wasn't even aware someone scum read Korts?
But there were people who had mentioned scumreads of korts. Literally the psot before your "who would be dumb enough..." talked about people scum reading korts.

Tchill's switch to gin is weak, I still think his reasoning for unvoting robb is bad too.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:27 am

Post by Robbnva »

The example wasn't to compare to what ps was doing. It's to show my definition of rvs is unchanged.
Dark Horse
Dark Horse
Goon
Dark Horse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:29 am

Post by Dark Horse »

That doesn't change the fact that it feels like you're reading way too deep into the vote.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:39 am

Post by Tchill13 »

I just moved my vote to Ginngie to get her to talk more... Other than Robbnva who has apparently caught scum once on a rvs vote before so he thinks it's justifiable to tunnel a rvs vote every time... Could someone please give me a real reason why any player is scum at this moment? I don't think there is one.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:40 am

Post by Robbnva »

You aren't reading the game closely. It's not just the vote. It's the reaction to me ask him about it. It's how he tried to play it off as rvs which somehow means he's absolved from answering the question. It's how he tried to take town credit for getting the game out of rvs. Its how he's falsely accusing me of things and somehow thinks my question is remotely close to his question. It's the lack of substance/scum hunting he's done.

Like I've said all this already. It's not just his vote... :facepalm:
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:43 am

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 144, Robbnva wrote:You aren't reading the game closely. It's not just the vote. It's the reaction to me ask him about it. It's how he tried to play it off as rvs which somehow means he's absolved from answering the question. It's how he tried to take town credit for getting the game out of rvs. Its how he's falsely accusing me of things and somehow thinks my question is remotely close to his question. It's the lack of substance/scum hunting he's done.

Like I've said all this already. It's not just his vote... :facepalm:
I agree with you for the most part on your intentions. My problem is I can see this play coming from newbie town. What would you have me do here Robbnva? Your intentions look honest so you've got a town read from me.
Kaboose
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:15 pm

Post by Kaboose »

In post 135, PersephoneSidekick wrote:Somebody who knows his meta, is he always like this? Because the amount he's insisting that my blatantly RVS vote was "game relevant" is really really weird to me. Whatever I did afterward, can we all agree that calling that a "substantive vote" is kind of wack?

Also I second (third? fourth?) wanting Ginngie to talk more. The comment about Korts implies she's been doing some sorting in her head suggesting she's read stuff but she's not explaining any of it at all.

Also also I might declare V/LA soon because work is killing me, so heads up that I might not answer things very quickly.
Your RVS vote is game relevant now.

Is the pressure you're receiving any different from your own words of wanting to reaction test? Seeing you react to this pressure is what will define you to us all. You can't dismiss any person's desire for you to explain yourself to them. Or tell us how it should look.

So far I haven't liked your posts. I don't see a defence of yourself as much as I see a "why me?"
Kaboose
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:34 pm

Post by Kaboose »

In post 143, Tchill13 wrote:I just moved my vote to Ginngie to get her to talk more... Other than Robbnva who has apparently caught scum once on a rvs vote before so he thinks it's justifiable to tunnel a rvs vote every time... Could someone please give me a real reason why any player is scum at this moment? I don't think there is one.
If there were no scum town would have been declared the winner... What's the term for poker, if you can't spot the mark, you're the mark? Or something like that?

So if you look around and you don't see any scum...

Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:32 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

I'd still like to hear more from Ginngie. Somehow Percy is in this predicament and Ginngie hasn't gotten any attention at all.
PersephoneSidekick
PersephoneSidekick
Goon
PersephoneSidekick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:45 pm

In post 146, Kaboose wrote:
In post 135, PersephoneSidekick wrote:Somebody who knows his meta, is he always like this? Because the amount he's insisting that my blatantly RVS vote was "game relevant" is really really weird to me. Whatever I did afterward, can we all agree that calling that a "substantive vote" is kind of wack?

Your RVS vote is game relevant now.

Is the pressure you're receiving any different from your own words of wanting to reaction test? Seeing you react to this pressure is what will define you to us all. You can't dismiss any person's desire for you to explain yourself to them. Or tell us how it should look.

So far I haven't liked your posts. I don't see a defence of yourself as much as I see a "why me?"
Omgjfk, that's not what I meant! For six fucking pages Robbnva has been insisting that the following post...
In post 11, PersephoneSidekick wrote:
In post 4, Robbnva wrote:Sup
VOTE: Robbnva for not voting. We must have blood.
...was a substantive accusation instead of an RVS with a playful justification just because it referred to literal game state. He has repeatedly accused me of lying on the basis of this disagreement. Things I said since then may or may not have been scummy. Whatever. But the reason I can't talk to him or defend myself is because he's completely detached from reality and half of the group is failing to see it. I can't scumhunt or do anything else because I'm trapped in a fuckign Kafka novel and nothing makes sense anymore.

I can't ignore it and move onto something else because he's made me
the topic
of everything. Everybody else who's being accused is being accused for their role in my wagon or defending me or something. And it's all founded on this ridiculous farce between me and Robbnva.

I made a RVS post, somebody reacted weirdly to it. I made a reaction test and then everybody reacted and reacted and reacted and none of the reactions make any sense. I don't know who's scum and who's just
stark raving mad.

So if the pressure on me is a reaction test then here is my reaction: I will not engage with any questions about my page 1 behavior again. I won't say a word about the wagon against me until it's time to claim before getting hammered. When I finally have some free time I will reread and try to see if there any clues I can hear through all this noise. I will vote Robbnva basically forever because only when he's gone will be able to start the actual game.

I really hope he's scum. If he's town I'm so incredibly mad at him.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”