Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13975 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:03 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

I think if I was a strongman or something I would've played off of Cerb theories and played it out.
Narna
Narna
Mafia Scum
Narna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13976 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:07 pm

Post by Narna »

In post 13974, Cheetory6 wrote:Yeah tonewise it was between Vedith and LUV,
and Not Chara was pretty damn town.

Also, Socrates, iuno if you're going to read this, but man don't make crumbs like that as a traitor again. Those were some hardcore links.
Vedith's spat with you + calling the stupidity of forcing our slot to claim were townie as heck to me. Even more so after conftown shiro, Gork, and Smith post-flip outted similar sentiment.
Accountant has my back. Surely he'll free me.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #13977 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:10 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

I pretty much outlined why Nos was town based on their first three days of play. Didn't make much sense for scum. Vedith I was just trusting in gork.
GTK a me, currently live, this may be your only chance!
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78521&p=10688009#p10688009
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #13978 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:11 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 13970, Cheetory6 wrote:Ari you're wonderful don't be sad.
In post 13972, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Loss isn't on you Ari. IRL happens.
Thanks guys <3

I'm glad this game is over so it will stop topping my Ego section :)

I decided to post that saved post in spoiler because it's not really relevant but reminds me that I have to get better at my scumgame so I can stop letting my team down! I don't want to be that guy people see is on their scumteam and go "Damn. That's a dead slot." So feel free to not read this. I don't mind at all!

Spoiler: Posting because I actually like my thoughts on reread
I'm saving this as a draft as the posts are relevant atm and Gin isn't flipped yet. It is for postgame.
In post 12740, Ginngie wrote:oh and the Ari replace in, no offense but his meta kinda kills a slot :/

love the guy but it hurt a little
<3

I'm really sorry. The game was too large for me to change my meta and I was legit not caught up enough to do anything most of the time. Coming back to 20+ pages on a regular basis when you are already feeling fucked just makes it even more impossible. While it's not right, it is true.
In post 12744, mhsmith0 wrote:Yeah I'm still pretty suss at ari for that replaceout. If you're scum and getting smoked, deal with it instead of dumping that position on some random jerk who didn't do anything to merit such a bad spot. Kinda a pet peeve of mine fwiw.
I didn't replace out tactically or replace out because I was scum. I got to a point of impossibility in this game and let my ego go for once. I have a bad habit of staying in games when they have far surpassed my ability to play in them and replacing out when it is too late. It had nothing to do with the wagon and nothing to do with my role. I simply could not justify being here anymore.
In post 12745, Ginngie wrote:I literally told Ari I would write his posts so he wouldn't die
True. I didn't accept this because it would have been obviously not me. I really did appreciate the offer though!
In post 12749, Scott and Ramona wrote:Ari just really hates playing scum I think. I don't see his scum meta ever changing lol

- Scott
I'm actively working on changing it atm and am going to stay away from larges as I do so. I can't work on myself in games of this size or with this caliber of player. I will flounder as I did here. I will be starting small and working my way up! I hope I can eventually become at the very least an "okay" scum player on a regular basis!

Thanks for reading this tyrade!
I hope it helps you to understand me.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #13979 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:13 pm

Post by MariaR »

Yay we won! Woof woof
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13980 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:15 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 13977, Cerberus v666 wrote:I pretty much outlined why Nos was town based on their first three days of play. Didn't make much sense for scum. Vedith I was just trusting in gork.
I was hoping you overthink it and lynch Nos. I then kill you and 1v1 Insomanics and hope for the best.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #13981 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:19 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

I know I've already expressed this sentiment, but fuck I'm really sorry for being such a piece of shit this game.
I was agitated pretty much nonstop.
:/

I'm hoping I can just kind of.. bring it down to general snark and away from being an outright asshole, but I definitely feel like.. I can't play a game again like I played this game.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #13982 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:20 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

And Vedith was honestly kind of right that it's more a me thing than other people thing, because it happened so many times.
I was the common denominator in so many of those arguments.
Gotta get better.
Narna
Narna
Mafia Scum
Narna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13983 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:25 pm

Post by Narna »

I don't think you were too abrasive or ragey. RB as well for that matter, terrible lynch/vig/whatever it was. When it gets to Hiraki v Tywin or Titus v Math levels is when it's a problem.
Accountant has my back. Surely he'll free me.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #13984 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:31 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Cheet, you're great and we love you! Sure, sometimes snark dominates over play, but I don't think it's really a problem.

That said, if you feel like it is becoming an issue, I implore you to work on it! Just as I am doing with my scumgame, you can with your scarkgame :)

Together we can make MS great again!
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #13985 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:37 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

For the record, I love all of you, you're all wonderful people. Please don't be hard on yourselves...instead, if you want something to change, change it. :)

I really sucked this game, for example..:( was too disconnected to even begin to properly play. :/
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #13986 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:39 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

Working with you close to end-game was probably one of the few bright spots in this game for me. (Even if I kind of sucked at throwing effort at the game after a certain point)
So.
You have that.
BTD6_maker
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13987 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:54 pm

Post by BTD6_maker »

I never really had much of a chance to play this game. I was pretty much always about 50 pages behind.

This tends to happen with Large Themes with lots of posting. I could probably do much better within the hydra if it was a Mini or if people didn't make over 500 pages.
"one of these days i'll read you correctly" - Transcend, Micro 714
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13988 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:56 pm

Post by WhemeStar »

I was a good Miller

GG everyone fun game
Im a dog that quacks
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #13989 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:58 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

If I had been in this after civ I'd have just said fuck it not doing htis.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13990 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:14 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 13987, BTD6_maker wrote:I never really had much of a chance to play this game. I was pretty much always about 50 pages behind.

This tends to happen with Large Themes with lots of posting. I could probably do much better within the hydra if it was a Mini or if people didn't make over 500 pages.
:'(
You tried

It was like that for me in gistou
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
BTD6_maker
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13991 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:18 pm

Post by BTD6_maker »

It reminds me of Code Geass, although that game was smaller and had fewer pages than this. I couldn't do much near the start as I was too overwhelmed by the number of posts, but near the end I was much better as I could use the mechanics to try to solve the game.
"one of these days i'll read you correctly" - Transcend, Micro 714
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13992 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:50 pm

Post by Drixx »

I was shite this game. Sorry guys. You basically had it solved by the time I could get caught up. The PV case was compelling (as I noted) and ended up being correct. There were a few things Cerb did that pinged me, but I'll talk to him about that. I did think he was potentially a mirror SK to PV and the lie detect was fake, but obviously false positive.

Thanks for giving me a win I didn't earn.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #13993 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:51 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

EH Drixx you helped by not getting lynched
You did better than me in 1870 lmfao
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #13994 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:57 pm

Post by Alisae »

/me hugs Drixx
GTKAS
| here.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #13995 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:01 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 13986, Cheetory6 wrote:Working with you close to end-game was probably one of the few bright spots in this game for me. (Even if I kind of sucked at throwing effort at the game after a certain point)
So.
You have that.
Aww. Thank you. That means a lot, really. :) It was nice to actually...DO SOMETHING, and not just have the words be thrown out into the void. :P
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13996 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:57 pm

Post by Transcend »

Not one to brag but...
In post 2180, Chairman Doggo wrote:
БЄИЄЯAL SЄCЯЄTAЯУ БЇББLЄBЏTЄTЯОЦBДDОЦЯ ЯЄQЦЄSTS THДT CОMЯADЄ БAMMД КЇИDLЏ ЄSCОЯTS ИЄЯО CДЇИ TО THЄ ШALL
(or at least borrows his toothbrush)

BОЯК BОЯК

i'll catch up later though but yeah thats the vig shot i want tbh since gamma tr's sq who'd be my first choice
In post 2949, Chairman Doggo wrote:Taking out all people I think are town

Cerebrus v666
Shiro*
Carnelian**
DanelerH MariaR
Majiffy Drixx
Almost50
Tywin Lannister
Socrates
Tarkus

Kidamn
PeregrineV

Randomidget

TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Scott and Ramona (Chickadee and LUV)

Ramcious
SlySly
the only non town we townread was dave and he was third party.

we fucking killed it giga. <3
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13997 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:59 pm

Post by Transcend »

oh yeah and the people i didn't cross out that were town were empty slots mostly except for cerb/ram
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #13998 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:00 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 13869, MathBlade wrote:
In post 13863, mhsmith0 wrote:
In post 13857, MathBlade wrote:I think telling someone they are a masonizer and a gunsmith is broken as shit.

I feel bad for scum. :/
Problem is scum had very strong roles too, and like half of the masonry was macho anyway. Redscum needed to take better shots, and probably needed an energetic player to carry in the role that ari got. I think if, say, random got that role it'd be a very intersting game.
I had that role
nerfed
in a 42 player game and was strongman killed by scum the only way I could die other than lynch.

This setup was more mechanics than mafia.
I don't know how much is you feeling this way versus resentment of what happened this game.

This was still very much mafia with crumbing, scumhunting coordination etc. Vaxkiller Gorkington and Davesaz all worked especially well together and helped support our moves.

While I was wrong on rb and Gork/Cerb were wrong on jjh, we both pulled each other back from mistakes.

Your insistence on MariaR not being a VT helped us sell our bit.

Getting Priscilla to claim and coordinate worked well. The prs formed a solid core.

I only wish my crumbs to you were interpreted better. Alisae and I actually spoke past each other. I was hoping they'd take MariaR's role but they thought I was nominating you to get their results. They then died.

It still would have been interesting if the hydra had lived because I would be ccing a slot I know to be town.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #13999 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:02 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 13985, Cerberus v666 wrote:For the record, I love all of you, you're all wonderful people. Please don't be hard on yourselves...instead, if you want something to change, change it. :)

I really sucked this game, for example..:( was too disconnected to even begin to properly play. :/
You did enough to hold the line. We just needed to unify and lynch together. I don't think there was a single star, we just got the best out of each other.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”